How Do You Feel About Windower?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » How do you feel about Windower?
How do you feel about Windower?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 16:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

^^^^Above is an example of one of the people who use it and will attack if you speak against it
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-14 16:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

nah i dont have a problem with people hating it thats their own thing. I just hate when people like him try to brag about how good he is pit up against these people. He is pretty much saying he's better than 90% of the gamer base just because he doesnt use windower. THAT is what I attack people for.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 16:51:45
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Windower doesnt make a player better or help that player be better in anyway.

Then two sentences later:

Quote:
Does it give an advantage? If you want to look at it that way, yes but so does this site =)

I guess I won’t even need to argue your post, you argued it for me by admitted it gives an advantage. Thanks.

Quote:
nah i dont have a problem with people hating it thats their own thing. I just hate when people like him try to brag about how good he is pit up against these people. He is pretty much saying he's better than 90% of the gamer base just because he doesnt use windower. THAT is what I attack people for.

You got that right, I’m better then you. Get over it.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-14 16:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Quote:
Windower doesnt make a player better or help that player be better in anyway.

Then two sentences later:

Quote:
Does it give an advantage? If you want to look at it that way, yes but so does this site =)

I guess I won’t even need to argue your post, you argued it for me by admitted it gives an advantage. Thanks.

Quote:

You got that right, I’m better then you. Get over it.

It doesn't make the player better. If I sat here and said it gave no advantage at all, you would definitly call me a liar. As far as you being better than me, check your job levels. Ok now check your gear. Now check my job levels. Ok now check my gear. Point proven.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 16:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is too serious for me.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 16:59:42

Quote:
It doesn't make the player better. If I sat here and said it gave no advantage at all, you would definitly call me a liar. As far as you being better than me, check your job levels. Ok now check your gear. Now check my job levels. Ok now check my gear. Point proven.p

Gear doesn’t make the player. One 75 job is all I need, if you notice all I’m doing is leveling all jobs to 37 before I’m done.

The fact that you have to use Windower and refuse to get rid of it only proves the fact that you can’t operate without it, hence why I’m a better player. Riddle me this, if Windower truly gives no advantage as you claim, then why did you bother downloading it, you can just use the in-game commands right?
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-14 17:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
It doesn't make the player better. If I sat here and said it gave no advantage at all, you would definitly call me a liar. As far as you being better than me, check your job levels. Ok now check your gear. Now check my job levels. Ok now check my gear. Point proven.

Gear doesn’t make the player. One 75 job is all I need, if you notice all I’m doing is leveling all jobs to 37 before I’m done.

The fact that you have to use Windower and refuse to get rid of it only proves the fact that you can’t operate without it, hence why I’m a better player. Riddle me this, if Windower truly gives no advantage as you claim, then why did you bother downloading it, you can just use the in-game commands right?

1) I dont need it. I played FFXI for 2 years before i got it 2) I can operate very nicely without it =) 3) I downloaded it before SE made it's windower for the sake of multitasking. I still use it for multitasking and the fact that the graphics are smoother. The only plugins I use are LL and PTP.

Gear doesn't make the player no, but if you can solo as much as you say you can then clearly you should have a better setup. Also, you have 1 75 job. This makes you very unattractive to good endgame shells. More jobs = more flexability which intern = more skill. Before I leveled cor, pulling was a problem. Before I leveled DRK, hate control was a problem. Before I leveled blm, soloing was a problem. The more jobs you level, the more you learn about the game and the more you understand, the more skilled you become. So all in all, no you are not better than me =D
 Asura.Slamm
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-05-14 17:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Quote:
It doesn't make the player better. If I sat here and said it gave no advantage at all, you would definitly call me a liar. As far as you being better than me, check your job levels. Ok now check your gear. Now check my job levels. Ok now check my gear. Point proven.p

i checked your gear and merits, that's why u cant solo in sky, not cos others use windower

i have 50mill ish in rdm gear, all gotten without any kind of rmt or bad things like that, just pure *** hard work. (been doing endgame 4hrs+ a day with 99% attendance for a long time now)

your not better than me and anyone who rly knows me on asura could back that up lol

i don't like saying im better than people but seriously if u cant even solo genbu u fail

windower does not make a player better, when it comes to solo there is only 2 real advantages of it.

1: can see distance

2: don't have to press 5 buttons to cast a spell

now for 1: distance is easy to get used to after u solod a few times in past, dont need a little text number to know when to run

2: the g15 keyboard can do this and SE supports it, yet u bash windower for doing it to?
u fail

first off if u wanna solo properly, go get pimp gravity and bind sets, good slow and para sets and some dmg reduction

good sets can even be just AH gear, u just gotta farm over and over til u spent decent gil on it.

Avesta although most of his videos were before the 2006 resistance patch, he did all solos on ps2, not pc.
this proves it can be done without.

and anyone can tell u solo is easy with or without windower, but if you want to do macro in 1 button and don't want to pay $ for a shitty keyboard, is that so bad? no
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 17:47:48

Quote:
1) I dont need it. I played FFXI for 2 years before i got it 2) I can operate very nicely without it =)

Simply because you refuse to uninstall and operate without Windower, I call you a liar. You are the same as a drug addict, you claim you can quit any point in time you want and drugs don’t effect you at all, but that is what’s called “denial.” Until you actually provide proof, then you’re a liar.

Quote:
Gear doesn't make the player no, but if you can solo as much as you say you can then clearly you should have a better setup.

Ever since when does soloing get you good gear? Can I solo Limbus? Can I solo Salvage? Can I solo PW? No. Soloing gets you gil, and only access to a few good pieces on the AH. Most of the good gear is RARE/EX.

Quote:
Also, you have 1 75 job. This makes you very unattractive to good endgame shells. More jobs = more flexability which intern = more skill.

I play this game for fun, I will not level a job to 75 unless I truly enough it. RDM is currently the only job I like, so it’s the only job I leveled to 75. If an LS wants me to level another job, then I will either leave the LS, or withdraw my application to it. This is a very small issue for me, as besides Dynamis, I do not end game.

Quote:
Before I leveled cor, pulling was a problem. Before I leveled DRK, hate control was a problem. Before I leveled blm, soloing was a problem. The more jobs you level, the more you learn about the game and the more you understand, the more skilled you become. So all in all, no you are not better than me =D

Ok because RDM doesn’t do all of that and more. I’ve pulled an entire zone in Dynamis as a RDM along with assisting (And covering when they have to AFK) our pullers in merit parties, hate control is an obvious issue for RDM’s that heal and nuke, and soloing is a wonderful skill I’ve managed to accomplish. I’ve done all that and more simply as RDM. You claim that you need multiple 75 jobs to learn the game, I’m telling (Not saying) you you’re wrong, as I’ve done all you’ve ever done and more as a RDM. Combine that with the fact that I’ve nearly leveled all job to 37, I’m pretty sure I have a wonderful grasp on the major components of the game. Try again.

Quote:
checked your gear and merits, that's why u cant solo in sky, not cos others use windower

I haven’t updated my merits in months. And again, gear doesn’t make the player. (And before you argue that, here’s a quote from your little friend Dubont)

Quote:
Gear doesn't make the player no

Quote:
i have 50mill ish in rdm gear, all gotten without any kind of rmt or bad things like that, just pure *** hard work. (been doing endgame 4hrs+ a day with 99% attendance for a long time now)

Yay for people with little to no life outside FFXI.

Quote:
your not better than me and anyone who rly knows me on asura could back that up lol

If you use Windower, I’m better then you. If you don’t, then it can be argued.

Quote:
i don't like saying im better than people but seriously if u cant even solo genbu u fail

I’m sure you used that as an example, simply because I’ve made no reference to Genbu.

Quote:
windower does not make a player better, when it comes to solo there is only 2 real advantages of it.

More confessions that Windower helps solo. Thanks for helping me.

Quote:
now for 1: distance is easy to get used to after u solod a few times in past, dont need a little text number to know when to run

2: the g15 keyboard can do this and SE supports it, yet u bash windower for doing it to?
u fail

You already admitted that Windower helps, quit trying to justify it.

Quote:
first off if u wanna solo properly, go get pimp gravity and bind sets, good slow and para sets and some dmg reduction

Gear doesn’t make the player, 2.) You do not know my gear, as I haven’t put all my gear up onto FFXIAH. You don’t see the fact that I have nearly all the HQ staves already, or all the elemental grips for +2 Magic Accuracy. Don’t judge based on FFXIAH gear. (Which, again, gear doesn’t make the player)

Quote:
good sets can even be just AH gear, u just gotta farm over and over til u spent decent gil on it.

Lalala… gear doesn’t make the player:

Quote:

Quote:
Avesta although most of his videos were before the 2006 resistance patch, he did all solos on ps2, not pc.

Which is why I have no trouble soloing. You’ve become too reliant on Windower that you would fail if you tried to solo without it. You act as if you can ride a bike despite having training wheels on. Take off the training wheels and let’s see you do it then.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-14 17:57:12

^ your argument is invalid because no 1 cares. Congrats

This is how it goes

I use Windower
or
I don't use Windower

Pick 1 and enjoy

what do others think? I don't care im playing the game for whom me or you? exactly
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-05-14 18:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:

Quote:
checked your gear and merits, that's why u cant solo in sky, not cos others use windower

I haven’t updated my merits in months. And again, gear doesn’t make the player. (And before you argue that, here’s a quote from your little friend Dubont)

Quote:

Quote:

Yay for people with little to no life outside FFXI.

Quote:

If you use Windower, I’m better then you. If you don’t, then it can be argued.

Quote:

I’m sure you used that as an example, simply because I’ve made no reference to Genbu.

Quote:

More confessions that Windower helps solo. Thanks for helping me.

Quote:

u fail

You already admitted that Windower helps, quit trying to justify it.

Quote:

Gear doesn’t make the player, 2.) You do not know my gear, as I haven’t put all my gear up onto FFXIAH. You don’t see the fact that I have nearly all the HQ staves already, or all the elemental grips for +2 Magic Accuracy. Don’t judge based on FFXIAH gear. (Which, again, gear doesn’t make the player)

Quote:

Lalala… gear doesn’t make the player:

Quote:

Quote:

Which is why I have no trouble soloing. You’ve become too reliant on Windower that you would fail if you tried to solo without it. You act as if you can ride a bike despite having training wheels on. Take off the training wheels and let’s see you do it then.

seriously u fail lol

firtly i do have a life outside of ff

i work 40hrs a week and go out with my friends everyday i can when they arent @ university

i play about 20hrs a week, thats not much considering a good chunk of that im afk, also for someone with 400 posts almost u cant talk.

2nd i never said u need gear to be a good player, i said your bitching about cant solo in sky cos of windower is *** and its more because of your gear.

gear does not make the player but
if you dont have the gear u cant solo some mobs, FACT

GL soloing a mob with high resist rate with your gear, resist = death when mob runs faster than you

and LOL @ the hq staves ***, almost all rdm have those that i know.
pimp gear = af2 hat and darksteel+1, hq in every *** slot not just main slot

secondly what i said about g15 keyboard kinda proves that pressing 1 button for a macro is ok, you only don't like windower because SE say its bad

like i said b4, you are a sheep u follow what you are told and don't think for yourself

and as for soloing with or without windower, LOL that is not hard

like your bike example, learn to ride a bike without training wheels then put them on, take them off again and u can still ride the bike without.

what do you think happens when SE update breaks windower plugins for a couple days?

people don't have heart attacks or anything, they just keep soloing just without the plugins for a bit
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-14 18:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Luignata

Gear doesnt make the player but you cant sleep anything worthwhile with +15 int and halfassed enfeeble skill. You can pull Dynamis? Ok, doing ***in dynamis is a lot different from doing it in other things in the game. You only have RDM leveled, you are by no means skilled enough to say you are better than anyone. You may be a damn good rdm, i dont know if you are or not, but it is hard to believe that you are when u have ***gear. I know you arent good at anything else because nothing else is leveled remotely close to 75. You say most good gear is rare/ex ok...solo genbu. I did =D if you can't then obviously you are far inferior to half the mages in the game.

As far as being able to play w/o windower, oh yes I can. The program itself has no affect on how i play aside from being able to switch windows and the graphics being smoother (wow i hate repeating myself). Seeing as how I'm BLM or COR for everything, PTP doesn't even apply to me and LL is just there lol so yes =D I can and have played without it. You havnt played with it so until you know both sides, dont bother posting again.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 18:33:34

312 Enfeebling Skill is more then enough in most scenarios. I’ve yet to have an issue with anything I solo. Typically enfeebling only matters on Gods or HNM, as those are the hardest to stick a spell on, and neither of which I currently do. My current gear is more then enough to handle the tasks at hand. Should I venture into other activities, I’ll be sure to keep my gear on par with the task at hand.

As for my post count, 392 is nothing for as long as I’ve been signed up to FFXIAH. Check my transaction history, it goes all the way back to Nov 22th. Between now and then, that’s a 6 month time frame. At the very least, 180 days of being on FFXIAH forums equals to 2.1 posts per day. That’s LOL compared to the regulars on here, Lu is freaking 4k+. And trust me, I’ve been around FFXIAH for a long time, I just used my transaction history as an example because it’s the one thing you cannot deny. I’ve been around FFXIAH for a lot longer then that, which would lower my posts per day if I had an actual number to work with.

Seriously though, this has been going on for 2 days now… I’m gonna say my final bit and leave this thread, as it’s consumed far too much of my time.

Windower is illegal, which provides an unfair advantage over those that don’t use it. You can say anything you want to try and justify why you’re using it, but as far as I’m concerned all you’re doing is whining cause you know I’m right. You want to use Windower? Fine. I won’t order you or demand to you uninstall it, but it is my belief that until you provide proof (Through FRAPs) that you are able to take on challenging tasks without Windower, that you fall under the category of “unskilled” simply because you rely on Windower to get the job done. You will not and cannot change my perception of that. I am better then you until you prove to me otherwise.

With that said, I bid you all farewell, and good luck in your FFXI adventures, I am thankful the majority of you are not on my server.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-05-14 18:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Windower is illegal, which provides an unfair advantage over those that don’t use it. You can say anything you want to try and justify why you’re using it, but as far as I’m concerned all you’re doing is whining cause you know I’m right. You want to use Windower? Fine. I won’t order you or demand to you uninstall it, but it is my belief that until you provide proof (Through FRAPs) that you are able to take on challenging tasks without Windower, that you fall under the category of “unskilled” simply because you rely on Windower to get the job done. You will not and cannot change my perception of that. I am better then you until you prove to me otherwise.

You're an idiot.

I used to use windower, although I didn't use scripts for longer macros, or even the recast plugin. I only had the TP plugin. When the SE windowed version was released I switched to that and it works fine for me so I have no reason not to use it. I've always had a small part of me think 'Well what if the start banning people for it' (although 99% of me thinks they won't) so that's why I stopped using it. Point is, I used windower for a long time before and now have been playing with SE's windowed mode since whenever that came out and I don't play any worse.

You keep saying the same thing over and over, that you're better than everyone who uses it, and that if they don't think it's an advantage why not stop using it. Well no one said it wasn't a little bit of an advantage...but it is not game breaking. Regardless of what people say, this game is EASY, it is NOT HARD (yes, even without windower). It is only long as hell, everything you do takes forever. Most of the time people would rather the more simple way of doing something, that DOES NOT mean they can't do it the normal way. Instead of taking 5-10 minutes to go to Jeuno for the AH, people check FFXIAH.com. Instead of running from Bastok to the dunes, people use the OP, or get a tele. Instead of doing a 5 minute caculation on paper, people use a calculator. And yea, I know that not everyone can or wants to use windower, but there's really nothing we can do about it. Maybe one day SE will add TP for the party/ally, recasts, and buff lengths make you happy. Although for some reason I don't even think that will lol.

Also, I do agree that gear does 'not' make the player, but it does in fact help and in some situations it helps a lot. Try and solo something with your 312 skill naked.

Again, this game is easy as pie without windower. It was easy before Level Sync, and it was a while before that. I don't have RDM at 75 yet, and I haven't ever solo'd any of the big RDM solo NMs, but if I do decide to take RDM 75 I really don't think I'll have a problem with it.
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-14 18:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for being a good sport, admitting ur a cheater, giving me a good laugh and getting the *** off the forums. =) Have a nice night.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-05-14 18:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

u dont even do gods? ok that explains your nubness
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-14 19:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:

I won’t order you or demand to you uninstall it, but it is my belief that until you provide proof (Through FRAPs) that you are able to take on challenging tasks without Windower, that you fall under the category of “unskilled” simply because you rely on Windower to get the job done. You will not and cannot change my perception of that. I am better then you until you prove to me otherwise.

Have you solo'd Miser Murphy for RDM hat?

Have you solo'd Roc/Simurgh/Lumber Jack before?

Have you done 80k damage off of 1 2hr?

Because I have :D
 Cerberus.Maryanne
Server: Cerberus
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-14 22:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My head just exploded from 1 page of this.
I'm afraid to glance at the other 16.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 22:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
If I post here again, will someone shoot me in the face?

/waits

*shoots you in the face....WITH WHIP CREAM!* P:

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-14 22:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

*sits on the can* no o.o
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-05-15 00:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the cure all to end all... It came to me while I was enjoying my Tim Horton's Triple/Triple, after work when I got home...

IF anyone who wants to continue the debate the this is a cheat, here is what you can do...

User submitted image

..theres always going back to the dark ages and having more better fun, and doing it the way we did it, back in 1988-1990's. There we didn't have the word BUTT-HURT or this funny one called H4XoRz, or even the name NEWB or NOOBIE...

Those were the days..... =D smile...

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-05-15 01:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

XD <3 Barti AKA Mustachio ;3
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-05-15 01:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Windower is illegal, which provides an unfair advantage over those that don’t use it.

Jaerik said:
Windower is illegal under the Terms of Service. FFXIAH.com is illegal under the Terms of Service. So is Allakhazam, so is Killing Ifrit, so is using any site, tool, or program not written by SquareEnix that decompiles, references, or in any way republishes any of SquareEnix's intellectual copyright, including any and all item, character, or mission data. Even posting screenshots is against the Terms of Service, unless taken via the in-game screenshot feature which watermarks SE's copyright over the top. Writing any fan fiction, derivative works, roleplaying, etc, is all against the Terms of Service. Letting any other player log into your account, ever, for any reason, is a violation of the Terms of Service.

I could go on. The point is, every single one of you, everyone, is or has violated the ToS at some point. Not a single one of you, especially none of you posting on this site (read: especially Luignata), has any right whatsoever to accuse any other user of "breaking the rules." Period.

Luignata said:
It is my belief that until you provide proof (Through FRAPs) that you are able to take on challenging tasks without Windower, that you fall under the category of “unskilled” simply because you rely on Windower to get the job done. You will not and cannot change my perception of that. I am better then you until you prove to me otherwise.

Jaerik said:
Nobody cares, and neither does SE. Go whine somewhere else.
[+]
 Fairy.Kuroganashi
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Kuroganashi 2009-05-15 02:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Seriously, clean the sand out of your vagina and get over it. Some of the apps are unfair but bitching and moaning about recast and timers is stupid. I play on both 360 and PC. On my 360 I have a recast macro in each spell macro and recast macros for each JA on DD jobs which I spam. All windower does is save you from clutter in the chat log. Quit crying.

Okay, as a woman, I do tend to feel responsible about my own actions. Then the vultures feed off my guilt & regrets. Now, as a mother figure, I do have the right to feel that this should be aired:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mw1ARQc7vw&feature=channel_page

The little girl in the interview segment is of a from a bunch of family friends connected to my parents. I don't feel doubt or sorrow about it, because she gave me a drawing that I really adored & my biological mom threw it away.

I wonder who should even be the next president of The United States. I vote my own mother, so that she could feel happier about her trials & tribulations in the past. Then my father would have the honor of being, "The First Man" to The United States. That way everyone could quit whining about marriage laws.

Then I can walk across the White House Wings with an AK-47; Just kidding; Either a Nerf Water Gun or Needler Version from The Halo 3 series.

:3

Then Windower can get banned FASTER across the world & The Athiests can keep having paper & bibles printed on them. (Refer Dane Cook);

Oops, I'm Kuroganashi right now 9.9

Let me LOG ON FILIELLE so that people don't get confused.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-15 02:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuroganashi said:

Do you really think it's the name that confuses people?

The posts themselves aren't enough? I'm pretty sure we all know by now that anything out of you and/or Filielle is just gibberish. It's cool, we get it...Gibberish is FUN! Right?
[+]
 Fairy.Filielle
user: Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-15 02:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Kuroganashi said:

Do you really think it's the name that confuses people?

The posts themselves aren't enough? I'm pretty sure we all know by now that anything out of you and/or Filielle is just gibberish. It's cool, we get it...Gibberish is FUN! Right?

Right!

\^-^/

Now, Why the HELL am I getting bombarded with e-mails for highclass beastiality & pedophilia porn?

<.<

I'll just admit this: "I don't *** the age group of my generation. That means Jailbaits & Old Geezers."

Okay, i'm 20; I'll consider 21~33; But that's about IT. My man is sleeping from me unloading his rocket launcher into outer space.

& Yes, no Asian women. White women with tans & blonde hair = YES.

That also doesn't include the unattractive posers & fat women of the age range either. Elderly men & women can consider an Ex-Bf of mine: Eric Brenn Ilagan Cantada.

& Yes, Ludoggy needs a politician too.

Addage: This also means I don't do family members. If I have before, they are women.

/Waves to Natali Aquino
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18