Fantabulous Recruitment Video Competition - TToF

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Fantabulous Recruitment Video Competition - TToF
Fantabulous Recruitment Video Competition - TToF
First Page 2 3
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-03-06 16:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The supreme ruler of TToF has commanded me to make a thread for the purpose of expanding our linkshell. Specifically, we would like potential applicants to post a video of them doing whatever they like to do the most (inside or outside of FFXI). Show us how you shine, Lakshmi~!!

The winners get to join TToF, and the losers get personal videos committed to the memory of the internet with no discernible benefit to themselves. It's okay, you won't lose.

Anyway, TToF is short for "Terrific Teammates of Fortune >^,^<". It is unfortunate that the emoticon couldn't be included in the name. We have reported this bug to SE several times with no results. Ugh. I don't understand why they waste their time adding things like Voidwatch to the game when they should be fixing major issues like this. Ugh!

We made a website at one point with a schedule of our events and our lotting rules, but the resident Tarus ate it. Now we use cows and a 10x10 grid to figure out who gets drops. Our linkshell mostly hails from the southern USA.

In the unlikely event that this thread does not receive any video submissions, we will not be pearling anyone. Especially not Phaffi. No one likes him. Really. We have no intention of accepting applications by any other route. Post a video or stop asking to join!

I didn't change this.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2012-03-06 17:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

can i join now?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-03-06 17:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I await my acceptance
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-03-06 17:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Re: Phaffi

You are the first applicant, and I would really really like to accept you. There are just two problems:
1) You're Phaffi:
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
we will not be pearling anyone. Especially not Phaffi. No one likes him. Really.

2) It was a beautiful video, but it ran too long. You could have had a hit, but you've got to make it fit. Cut it down to 3:05.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-03-06 17:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Re: Vegetto
I love the footwork and awesome sound effects. You really sound like you're punching the crap out of that beetle. I also appreciate the dramatic camera angles and special effects.

You're accepted, come to Lakshmi's Port Jeuno for a pearl (from Toc).

Alas, I live in the EU and it is nighttime for feverish tarus. I leave this thread in the keeping of the greater linkshell powers, for I am just a paeon.
[+]
By Aurilius 2012-03-06 17:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought TToF was Taru Testicles of Fortitude. That's what it should be anyway.

Just started playing again a couple days ago after a several month break. Instead of a video showing what I enjoy doing, how about I tell you what made me quit. Six freaking hours of dynamis a day. Yes that's right. I ran it on 3 different BSTs. After 9 days of doing that, I left the game.

Also, if I am to fondle taru testicles, what type of shennanigans can I anticipate?

P.S. I like pie.

P.P.S. I don't make videos.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-06 17:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to dance and listen to upbeat music.
[+]
By Hemlock 2012-03-06 17:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh byrth... I <3 you.
By Latifah 2012-03-06 17:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

still trying to find out what's the purpose of this thread
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vitali
user: Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-03-06 17:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/joke
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2012-03-06 17:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

BURN THE WITCH
 Lakshmi.Shyao
user: Shyao
By Lakshmi.Shyao 2012-03-06 17:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

We are in need of new members but would like to make sure they have the same interest as us for better bonding
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tir
user: Shinji
By Lakshmi.Tir 2012-03-06 17:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shun the nonbelieverrrrrrrrrrrrs
[+]
By joelchiquito 2012-03-06 17:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

what interest? also why the video req?
 Lakshmi.Mrfrodo
user: frodough
By Lakshmi.Mrfrodo 2012-03-06 17:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Me i like to just have fun in the game, try things that havent been done, chat about all manner of subjects with people, etc. I even tried to duo a tier 1 jeuno vw nm last nite just to see if we could do it. got him down to 89% before we got taken out. Sadly i have zero experience making fraps of games :(
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2012-03-06 17:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Phaffi said: »
can i join now?
[youtubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo3yPa3WcKc/youtube]

I know the OP says won't pearl him but lol "I could do this if I had all the gear! Give it to me! :( I can only do this on the test server currently. ;-;"
By LakshmiArtemas 2012-03-06 17:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »

The supreme ruler of TToF has commanded me to make a thread for the purpose of expanding our linkshell.

And:
Lakshmi.Shyao said: »
We are in need of new members but would like to make sure they have the same interest as us for better bonding

I agree. Entrants must possess morals and ethics of the highest caliber. We're looking for a few good white knights.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Shyao
user: Shyao
By Lakshmi.Shyao 2012-03-06 17:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal application process is very boring and old, we like to spice things up by asking for video responses.

Our interest are hunting yellow monsters, but only yellow because anything else would be shady.
We also like spending time in Abyssea seeing how many brews we can use on a single mob without killing it.

I can go into further details when I get out of bst-ing dynamis.
[+]
By Aurilius 2012-03-06 18:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Morals and ethics? Isn't Phaffi in your linkshell? BAHAHAHAHAHA

<3 Phaffi
By Brolli 2012-03-06 18:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

if your looking for members that are able to solo almost/everything on this game (like prolly 90% of the ffxi players, even silly easy stuff like proto ultima/ addon scenarios, you should just recruit bsts and pups/smns and make a pet ls if you are so worried about "high" caliber, ( if you consider high caliber someone soloing lvl 75 content.
By Hemlock 2012-03-06 18:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Brolli said: »
if your looking for members that are able to solo almost/everything on this game (like prolly 90% of the ffxi players, even silly easy stuff like proto ultima/ addon scenarios, you should just recruit bsts and pups/smns and make a pet ls if you are so worried about "high" caliber, ( if you consider high caliber someone soloing lvl 75 content.

Yeah Brolli, they're all ***. Shyao, Tir, Vit, Artemas... all terrible people. They tried to take away my birthday last year, but I fought back. Didn't win, but I put up the good fight. I should have solo'ed them on bst :(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Iambatman
By Lakshmi.Iambatman 2012-03-06 18:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

LakshmiArtemas said: »

The supreme ruler of TToF has commanded me to make a thread for the purpose of expanding our linkshell.

And:

I agree. Entrants must possess morals and ethics of the highest caliber. We're looking for a few good white knights.

what about dark knights!?
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2012-03-06 18:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I found some cool tunes that accurately reflect my personality, they really speak out to me, and I feel this video puts my best into play.

ty in advance
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2012-03-06 18:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Iambatman said: »
LakshmiArtemas said: »

And:

what about dark knights!?

Sorry, while we like the idea of more Dark Knights, we've already got a Galka, and more than one exceeds the maximum weight limit. It's like two fat guys getting into an elevator, the cables creaking, and the elevator seems to stall out when trying to go up.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Mrfrodo
user: frodough
By Lakshmi.Mrfrodo 2012-03-06 18:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Would a hobbit in a galkas body be the weight exception?
 Lakshmi.Nou
user: Zebadiah
By Lakshmi.Nou 2012-03-06 18:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I haz perl?
By Rainbowbrite 2012-03-06 18:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

can i join now?

I didn't watch the video, as it's far too long for my tastes, but let me guess how you did it:

You planned a nice outing for the two of you, lunch and a movie, then proceeded to kill Proto-Ultima with your social-retardedness? I hear it's weak to awkward gamers.

On another note, to Artemas: When am I going to get a pearl? I'll post a video of my lolninjaness only under the conditions that I am upgraded to a sack upon entry and only if Vlor posts a video of his PUP soloing Shinryu.

I'll be awaiting my invitation when I return to FFXI during spring break. Thanks.
[+]
By LakshmiArtemas 2012-03-06 19:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Rainbowbrite said: »
can i join now?

I hear it's weak to awkward gamers.

And this thread is shut down. Thanks for playing, folks.
By Sorasha 2012-03-06 19:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Rainbowbrite said: »
You planned a nice outing for the two of you, lunch and a movie, then proceeded to kill Proto-Ultima with your social-retardedness?

Probably never made it to the lunch part...

Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-03-07 02:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the power-that-be seemed content to let the thread degrade into bickering and silly questions, I will respond to the posts:

Re:Aurilius
Unfortunately, a video is required. I do appreciate the level of dedication it takes to do Dynamis 3x per day with 3 BSTs, though. I could barely make myself do it once per day with a DNC+WHM pair.

Re:Austar
My sources have informed me that the video you posted may not be of yourself. As such, it will be regarded as fraudulent. I'm inclined to accept you anyway because it was a Dancer, but rules are rules.

Re:MrFrodo
I am also inexperienced with making FRAPs of games (sorry).

Re:Brolli
We have definitely considered becoming a Pet LS, especially while doing Walk of Echoes.

Re:imabatman
I'm afraid Vlor is a Zeb-supremacist. He refuses to allow other galkas. My galkan mule can't even have a pearl because he breaks it all the time. I really wish I was joking, but he is totally a racist.

Re:Wulfshadow
I approve of both your job combination, narration, choice of monster/location, puppet name, and music. If I was going to offer constructive criticism, I would say that the thing that could use the most work in that video is your own name. If you were to transfer to Lakshmi and receive a pearl, we would like you to change your name to Ssjgoku. We are looking for a full set of DBZ characters.

Re:Nou
I was going to reject your video out of length and the number of other players until I noticed my own fantastic name on the party list after clicking out to Youtube. You're accepted. See Toc for a pearl.

Re:Rainbowbrite and Hemlock
I miss you guys (and Taco). Wry do all of the things I love in life eventually abandon me?! Curse you, arrow of time! I'll trade you Sjugy (into the LS of your choice) for Taco. He never got to tell me why Top Gun and bacon were so awesome. D: You didn't post movies, though. I need to see this lolninja do something awesome before I make any decisions regarding. Hint: Mijin Gakure killing Bubbly Bernie would be great, but Mijin Gakure and NOT killing him would be even more impressive!

Re:Sorasha
I love the dramatic change of mood! I didn't know you had a dog! The video only looks to be about 2-3 seconds long, but I think that is sufficient to accept you.
[+]
First Page 2 3