Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 759 760 761 ... 834 835 836
By Nariont 2022-11-14 15:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pets are probably the wonkiest things in this game as far as how SE designs them and I don't believe there is any equipment in the game that just gives "guard+", the only JA that does something similar is dodge, so may be better off seeing if dodge forces a guard rate too, though I doubt it and its just a % of a base, while snort is just a flat +25
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-11-14 15:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Any idea where Killer effects intimidation happens in the chain?
By Nariont 2022-11-14 15:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what the priority is on it vs para but they'd share the same spot as the 1st check, cant dodge/block/counter if the mob cant swing at all
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-17 13:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've never done AMAN Trove. Do you save up for Venus Orbs or do you just slap out Mars Orbs?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-17 13:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
So I've never done AMAN Trove. Do you save up for Venus Orbs or do you just slap out Mars Orbs?
I personally do the Venus Orbs because:
A, I don't like to open more than like 3 chests regardless of the noises they make
B, I'd rather do it fewer times, as it means fewer opportunities for my character to die x_x
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-17 13:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Typically mars's, for all intents and purposes they're the same, you may as well go for twice as many.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-11-17 14:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
A, I don't like to open more than like 3 chests regardless of the noises they make

This seems counter productive for the event. If your first 3 chests are all noises, you're going to get dogshit for drops anyway, so what's the point of stopping? If you're not chasing that loud thud, you might as well just sell off your orbs.

B, I'd rather do it fewer times, as it means fewer opportunities for my character to die x_x

You don't lose XP anymore, so that doesn't matter.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-17 14:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
This seems counter productive for the event. If your first 3 chests are all noises, you're going to get dogshit for drops anyway, so what's the point of stopping? If you're not chasing that loud thud, you might as well just sell off your orbs.
I got a Loud Thud and it got me nothing but a Paragon RUN Card, so why bother?

I don't care if my character loses EXP, I just don't like dying at all. Never have, never will. Makes me sad.

EDIT: Disclaimer:
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-11-17 14:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a Loud Thud and it got me nothing but a Paragon RUN Card, so why bother?

You're right. NPCing the drops from your 3 noise chests for 12k seems better.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-11-17 14:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gotten an Epa Ring and Osash this month. Don't leave without the loud thud of a chest or the loud thud of your corpse.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-17 14:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies. This is why I tend not to attempt mild sarcasm lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-11-17 15:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not subbed atm. Was expecting a free to play soonish. I had a question about the ixion mount. Does it look like the dark ixion or the alicorn light ixion and does the mount do anything else? I ask because the tiny *** banner images I can find all show it being dark but with a glowing horn? Can't confirm myself. Thanks!
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-11-17 15:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
Not subbed atm. Was expecting a free to play soonish. I had a question about the ixion mount. Does it look like the dark ixion or the alicorn light ixion and does the mount do anything else? I ask because the tiny *** banner images I can find all show it being dark but with a glowing horn? Can't confirm myself. Thanks!

It's a dark Ixion. There is no glowing horn or other effects.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-11-17 16:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Spookyfish said: »
I've gotten an Epa Ring and Osash this month. Don't leave without the loud thud of a chest or the loud thud of your corpse.

This is definitely the right approach, but even the loud thud (of the chest, not your corpse XD) doesn't guarantee that you won't walk away deeply disappointed.

3 loud thuds for me a couple days ago resulted in:
1) Bewitched Haidate
2) Mes'yohi Sword
3) Nothing (6 chests opened, 5 items dropped, so must have been a Rare item that both of my characters already had on them - and I don't have any AMAN-exclusive or rare Shinryu gear on both characters)

And a 4th Mars Orb where I managed to open 8 chests to get the freebie, and it was only a Gold chest (Thud) instead of the Rainbow (Loud Thud).

Also no gil reward on any of them. Boo.

Still, it's definitely worth doing Loud Thud or bust. Using just two characters and not going totally insane getting every monthly Silver Voucher (e.g., I don't usually do the RoE NMs, Campaign, or Besieged), that method has netted me 5 Omen bodies (prior to the AMAN pool adjustments), a Crepuscular Cloak, a few pulse weapons, an Epam Ring. You can't come into it with an expectation of good stuff every month, but every once in a while you'll get a winner.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-17 22:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
3 loud thuds for me a couple days ago resulted in:
1) Bewitched Haidate
2) Mes'yohi Sword
3) Nothing (6 chests opened, 5 items dropped, so must have been a Rare item that both of my characters already had on them - and I don't have any AMAN-exclusive or rare Shinryu gear on both characters)

Sometimes you get a reroll on a LT because the item you would have gotten you already have in your possession, so it picks some garbage from the pool. You almost have to run orbs with a fresh mule or a character who has nothing good, or send everything to yourself. Trove benefits players with less rare gear than it does seasoned players.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-11-18 00:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Sometimes you get a reroll on a LT because the item you would have gotten you already have in your possession, so it picks some garbage from the pool. You almost have to run orbs with a fresh mule or a character who has nothing good, or send everything to yourself. Trove benefits players with less rare gear than it does seasoned players.

While this is true, I always go with at least 2 characters in zone for AMAN. And although my two characters have a small handful of good AMAN rewards that they both have, they really don't have a whole lot of overlap - particularly because one is mage/buff jobs, and the other is the DDs/tanks (both have COR, otherwise no job overlap).

I don't have any AMAN-specific drops or Shinryu gear (non-accessory) on both characters. The only stuff of note that they BOTH have that would be a good AMAN Loud Thud drop would be:
- 2/5 Omen bodies (Dagon and Nisroch)
- 2/5 Malignance armor pieces
- Sagasinger (ultimate sword lockstyle, duh)

So, if I get the no item luck, it's either one of the items on that small list or something that would constitute a pretty disappointing AMAN Loud Thud drop (e.g., some Escha-Ru'Aun trash drop that mine both have, a Crepuscular Pebble, some other HTBF drop, etc.)
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-11-19 16:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the text command to move the FFXIDB mini map plugin around? I know it can be clicked and dragged, but my good monitor died and now I'm using a smaller monitor until black friday deals. The map isn't anywhere on my resolution to even click it to drag it. Thank you.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-19 16:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxidb {p|pos|position} <x> <y>

But anytime I put in manual commands the piece of ***crashes the window. so. idk lol
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-11-19 16:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how to make that little line between popos and position that is not an L. I will try sticking it in the text file in the windower folder in the script.ini or whatever. Maybe I'll get it. Maybe not.

Also thank you for quick reply. Also thoughts on same question, but with Timers plugin?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-19 16:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It means, pick one, they all work, don't put exactly that.

Timers I don't think a command exists, do it manually in the file. Change it to whatever, then turn it off and on again.

timers.xml
<RecastX>0</RecastX>
<RecastY>0</RecastY>
<BuffsX>0</BuffsX>
<BuffsY>0</BuffsY>
<CustomX>0</CustomX>
<CustomY>0</CustomY>
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-11-19 16:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. Learning things! Me pretty soon:

(Not sarcasm. I honestly never knew that line meant that.)

Just re-subbed like a half hour ago and yeah. Not digging the tiny monitor. Not sure how I did it this way all of those years ago. I have played it on a 56 inch any time I subbed for the last 10+ years.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-20 05:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Elemental Sforzo stop death?
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2022-11-20 07:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Negative.
By Pantafernando 2022-11-20 07:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont be afraid, we all will reach that point sooner or later.

Nothing can stop death
By Pantafernando 2022-11-20 07:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Though, i heard that automatons can survive it.
By RadialArcana 2022-11-20 12:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

When I did it on an alt in sparks gear long ago, I just ran away from it when it did chainspell and came back to it 30 seconds later.
First Page 2 3 ... 759 760 761 ... 834 835 836