Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 721 722 723 ... 831 832 833
By RadialArcana 2021-10-29 09:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Anyone have concise info on sandworm pop? Preferably someone that hacked the system and know's it from the inside <_<

I killed it wednesday, and it skipped the entire next pop window thursday (positive it skipped, not that it just popped and depopped, unless it popped earlier than the 20 hour mark when I wasn't present). This is apparently a thing according to old bgforum talks, also with weirdness like it sometimes popping 2 or 3 times in a day, or even taking 3 days to pop. Kind of annoying to see after both wikis just say 20-25 hours.

If it helps, the kill wednesday didn't get to doomvoid/warp me. I just killed it straight up for the title.

5 hour window, can spawn pretty much at any time during then.

It seems to pop in specific places on the map, maybe 2-3 different possible places and they are far apart.

It despawns in an hour or two if left alone.

Sandworm isn't one NM, it's 7 seperate worms (with a shared spawn timer). Each zone has its own worm and the server picks one to spawn.

If you record the location on each map with apradar where the death point is, you can see if it's either up now or was up and died/despawned. The death point in the other 6 areas won't change if it's up somewhere else, so you have to check them all in a rotation.

It very much can not spawn at all or get delayed, and I think it happens if it's killed without doomvoid but I'm not sure.

Lambton worm is a rare spawn (inside), maybe 10-20%.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-29 09:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Heyyy, I'm an idiot and forgot I was actually keeping chat logs the whole time, so yeah

Confirmed that it has not popped yet in any zone. Positions are the same as of the Weds kill. Currently... ~38 hours in.

The only other info of note that was the Weds kill was actually a repop, following a depop that I missed because I couldn't find the dang thing even knowing it was up (rng widescan helped the time after, ha). After the depop in meriphataud, it popped almost an hour later on the dot in north gusta and that was the one killed. Tuesday, I got the kill in batallia, and the meriphataud pop on weds was within the 20-25 hour window of that one.

I'll update with any pertinent info. Not like anyone cares about sandworm pop info these days except me and any super OCD wiki caretakers, ha

tuesday (batallia): [18:46:28] [Sandworm] Doomvoid Avereith

wednesday (meriphataud): (first pop that depopped) [18:38:55] (timestamp within 6 or 7 minutes of actual pop time)

kill after weds repop (north gusta): [20:53:22] Avereith defeats the Sandworm.

and all positions same since then

edit: 46 hours now. still nothin. jerk.

edit: 60+ and nothin. positions check out. maybe wyrm style pop after a direct kill? Idk, it's stupid
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-30 09:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the url to the "best" FFXI map pack? SE likes to keep "correcting" any edited maps on my end... if I were to be the type of person that edits my dats; which, for legal reasons, I'm totally not. This is just... speculation 'er something.

I know there are at least 4 files I used to have that were zipped map packs, but my external HD with them on it failed. I'm hoping for the map pack with Arciele Spira/WildDragonChase's Escha maps added (the very colorful ones with monsters noted by area). Any help with this would be appreciated if anyone has a link. Thanks in advance. The power is yours!

[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-30 17:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandy worm finally popped at the 67.5 hour mark. Had a thing set to /tell a friend since I knew I wouldn't be around today. Oh well!
By RadialArcana 2021-10-30 19:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55110/updated-map-mods-2020/
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-30 19:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana being the MVP two nights in a row.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-10-31 10:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

when is the nyzul event over?
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-31 10:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

12 minutes ago as of this posting so: Now.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-10-31 10:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
12 minutes ago as of this posting so: Now.
dam it was hopeing i had a day or 2 more
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-10-31 11:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I killed 3 v15 Odyssey bosses yesterday. If I don't use a Moglifier and help someone get a v0 Kalunga clear, will that reset my progress on my next set of 3?
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-10-31 11:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just don't use the amplifier and you're fine, yes. Save it for something you will get points that you want.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-31 12:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Sandy worm finally popped at the 67.5 hour mark. Had a thing set to /tell a friend since I knew I wouldn't be around today. Oh well!
All depops and no kills since yesterday when I was gone. Four changed positions so a minimum of 4 repops since the initial depop around ~5:30pm est in meriphataud, with north gusta, west saruta, and sauromugue being the other pop zones. Nice to know it repops a bunch at least if a depop happens since it's been less than 24hrs still now.

Gonna assume the "kill instead of doomvoid" is what throws off the spawn timer.

WHICH, makes me probably think that the 5 hour window mentioned above, is only because the doomvoid is actually treated as a depop with how the system goes, and the doomvoid and depops work on the same spawn system. Only thing I can think of to explain why the actual kill changed it to a 3 day Wyrm style pop pattern where it only popped 67.5 hours in. Also explains why people used to see more than one in day when they were doing it for drops since the doomvoid one has a smaller timer. Or maybe its, Kill = wyrm 24-72 hour type timer, doomvoid = land king 24 type timer, depop/repop = 5 hour window

WHO KNOWS

edit: doomvoid ToD - 1:51PM EST. We shall see about this pop window!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-31 12:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also possible it was changed at some point, was never fully understood, and/or isn't even working properly anymore after a decade of neglect lol If it were broken no one would even know, nor would anyone on the team even realize.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-10-31 12:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

heres a good question

why would anyone ever need to save macros to a HDD vs the server. was there a time that people did save them to there HDD and why
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-31 13:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really sure what you mean. Why would someone manually create a backup, instead of using the server to do it?

"an abundance of caution" Maybe? Backups of backups of backups.

I never put mine on the server because none of them look like a macro "should" I would never give them my own proof of cheating like that. It's like recording yourself breaking the law. (they don't care, they'd never use it, they have it anyway etcetcetc) Still not gonna do it.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-10-31 13:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
heres a good question

why would anyone ever need to save macros to a HDD vs the server. was there a time that people did save them to there HDD and why
Also there was for a long time no save to server option
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-11-02 02:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
heres a good question

Interesting! I don't recall macro storage to the server back in the day, anyone got an idea what year it was introduced?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-02 03:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I killed 3 v15 Odyssey bosses yesterday. If I don't use a Moglifier and help someone get a v0 Kalunga clear, will that reset my progress on my next set of 3?

You can't get RP on V0, so even if you did use Amplifier, you wouldn't lose your streak bonus.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-11-02 07:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »
heres a good question

Interesting! I don't recall macro storage to the server back in the day, anyone got an idea what year it was introduced?

Around the introduction of Adoulin?

It saves more than just macros though, it saves last config menu settings and map markers as well.

Did a quick google search and found something interesting:

Settings found under Main Menu > Config > Global
History of recent /tell recipients
Settings found under Main Menu > Macros (including macro content and names of macro books, etc.) and equipment sets
Markers found under Main Menu > Map
Sorting of Auction House items visible after selecting the Bid option in the Auction House menu.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-02 07:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

About the deeds rewards, you can't obtain Pulse Weapons a second time, if you gather enough deeds, correct?
Which are the rewards that you can obtain a second time?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-11-02 07:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
About the deeds rewards, you can't obtain Pulse Weapons a second time, if you gather enough deeds, correct?
If you've been keeping up, pulse weapon reward is in the year three rewards section.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-02 08:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I've gotten a second pulse from deeds.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-02 08:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Around the introduction of Adoulin?
No, it's much older than that. FFXIclopedia talks about it as early as July 2007, and I'm pretty sure it's older than that.

Edit: I found a forum post mentioning the method in 2005. Either it always existed, or it was implemented soon after release.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-02 12:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Edit: I found a forum post mentioning the method in 2005. Either it always existed, or it was implemented soon after release.
I think 2005 is about right. I do vaguely remember reading patch notes about it.

Unrelated; does anybody have any tips on a fledgeling Puppetmaster? Aside from the more end-gamey stuff from Ruau's PUP guide (which helped a lot), Puppetmaster is the one job I have to admit I know almost nothing about. Which components are useful at which levels, and what kind of fun power spikes do I have to look forward to? I'll be taking things slow.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-02 12:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/String_Theory
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-02 13:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What a fantastic guide! It covers everything - thank you!!

Usually these kinds of guides only cover Lv.99+ and offer little to no help on the first 98 levels lol
By DaneBlood 2021-11-05 16:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

im trying to level up my fellowers. ao i am looking for any high level ares with lotsa mob for cleaving that i can pop these fellowers in as.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-05 17:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not any super great spots, there's an ok spot in dagruf in the back, in boyahda, shitadel's basement is aight

It's hard to find big open areas with enough mobs that link/aggro and respawn at a reasonable pace. you'll lose half the pull in the water in the tree and the areas are small everywhere they put 99+ mobs except gc basement.
[+]
 Asura.Darkcloudx
By Asura.Darkcloudx 2021-11-05 23:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the "No HQ synthesis" rings work for sphere synthesis?
First Page 2 3 ... 721 722 723 ... 831 832 833