Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 720 721 722 ... 834 835 836

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-23 23:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Random. 0-333 h2h, 334-666 kt, 667-999 ga
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-24 02:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

TBH, I'd choose Heishi in your specific situation. That being said... all 3 are still really good weapons, so really no huge mistake in choosing any of them.

Godhands: You said you already have Vere, so Godhands would be at best a situational weapon for marginal gain.

Chango: you said you don't currently play WAR. So, while Chango is a good weapon, you may not get a ton out of it. And even if you did decide to play more WAR, the majority of the time these days the more common choices would be stuff like Naegling or other situational weapons (Loxotic Mace for blunt, Shining One for piercing, various other Ambu weapons for niche uses, etc.). Chango ends up being more for having a better SC option, so somewhat of a niche tool for the job even if you do play WAR more regularly.

Heishi: Usually your best DPS weapon on NIN (and I'm saying this from a place of having and liking all 4 NIN RMEA). Heishi is generally the best katana when heavily buffed (e.g., spamming Blade: Ten), but also fantastic when not getting strong buffs (in which case, spam Blade: Shun, with the associated weapon bonus). Heishi is by far the best mainhand for hybrid WS, which are really starting to do very well with Nyame (WSD path with strong base MAB) and may be NIN's strongest niche in the near future. Heishi is also easier to use than Kannagi since you have minimal need to worry much about aftermath (unless using it for lv4 SC) and can just throw out WS. There are some situations where Kikoku or Kannagi are competitive with it, but more often Heishi just wins - kind of the opposite of your MNK, where Vere will more often be the better call.

I empathize with your situation, because I recently also decided between Godhands and Chango (already had Heishi ;P). I went with GH, but I don't have Vere so that helped my decision. Happy with my decision. I still play WAR a good bit too, and will go for Chango for my next Aeonic... but in the meantime I don't feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage with WAR's many good non-RMEA options and generally defaulting to the currently stupid good Naegling/Blurred Shield +1 SB builds.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-24 03:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Make the Chango. You will not regret it, even if you don't play Warrior right now, because you will if you put R15 onto it.
By RadialArcana 2021-10-24 06:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Which AoE food is actually worth using, it boosts the stats on pets and trusts.

I know Marine Stewpot seems very good but what about Defensive Soups? Are they worth it or is the boost too small to even notice.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-24 08:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Altana%27s_Repast_%2B2
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2021-10-26 21:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Does TH affect the 6th slot for the Macrocosmic orb campaign? Or is it purely the difficulty of the BCNM?

i.e. is there really any reason to go THF
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-26 22:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

my general rule is that if things drop after you kill the mob, bring TH, and if you need to open a chest to get the rewards, don't worry about the TH.

I think that's what most people follow as a rule
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-10-27 19:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to get a Flan Masque? I keep trading sweets to the roaming Trick Flan or whatever he's called, and he keeps giving me a flan costume lol. Did it like 25+ times and no masque :(
By Shichishito 2021-10-27 21:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
my general rule is that if things drop after you kill the mob, bring TH, and if you need to open a chest to get the rewards, don't worry about the TH.

voidwatch box.
By RadialArcana 2021-10-28 06:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cesil said: »
Anyone know how to get a Flan Masque? I keep trading sweets to the roaming Trick Flan or whatever he's called, and he keeps giving me a flan costume lol. Did it like 25+ times and no masque :(

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Harvest_Festival_Guide#2021_Pumpkin_Locations
By Seraphpdh 2021-10-28 06:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you are trading the correct flan costume NPC roaming around, it can take many many trades to get the NQ and HQ masks. Just keep trying. Make sure you equip the NQ when trading for the HQ as well.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Harvest_Festival_Guide#Trick_or_Treat!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-28 11:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just noticed the in game description of Sunburst says "Deals light or darkness damage". Is it both or only one at any time? The BG wiki words it as Light/Dark and lists both elements, but not sure if it is a dual-element WS or it randomly picks one element each time you use it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-28 11:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Never understood that one myself, it's always light damage. See; abyssea procs

But it's compression attribute, always assumed it was just a *** up they couldn't be bothered to address.

Or maybe it does both in some crazy as ***hybrid. Never bothered to try hairpin/ring to see if it does work or works randomly. Or if a dark absorbing mob will ever be healed. Someone who cares, totally should though.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-10-28 13:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraphpdh said: »
Assuming you are trading the correct flan costume NPC roaming around, it can take many many trades to get the NQ and HQ masks. Just keep trying. Make sure you equip the NQ when trading for the HQ as well.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Harvest_Festival_Guide#Trick_or_Treat!

Thank you :)

Yeah so far I've been through like 5 stacks of cookies trading to the Trick Flan npc lol ; ;
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-28 17:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »

Of course, people blindly following that rule is also responsible for maybe the #1 most overly discussed TH question of all time (D.Ring), and for the legions of Thief's Knife sloooooooow KB kills. So, could add a clarification that for mobs where the "good item" is one of multiple possible drops in a single shared drop slot, TH is meaningless. But people will ALWAYS argue that they don't really know so may as well TH.

Another example: Resienjima T1 armor/accessory drop slot.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-28 18:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Never understood that one myself, it's always light damage. See; abyssea procs

But it's compression attribute, always assumed it was just a *** up they couldn't be bothered to address.

Or maybe it does both in some crazy as ***hybrid. Never bothered to try hairpin/ring to see if it does work or works randomly. Or if a dark absorbing mob will ever be healed. Someone who cares, totally should though.
That someone was me just now, apparently.

Starburst does whichever element the enemy has a lower resistance rank between light and dark; on a Gargouille it'll do light damage, while on an Aern it'll do dark damage. Dark and light elemental affinity, day, and weather only take effect when the WS is doing that type of damage. If the enemy is equally resistant to dark and light, it defaults to dark damage.

But you know what the real weird thing about it is? It checks blunt PDT instead of MDT for some inane reason. It does crap damage against elementals of all kinds and slimes, but hits much harder against Magic Pots. This oddity threw me.off very hard at first because my initial testing targets were Dark and Light Elementals.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-29 08:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Another example: Resienjima T1 armor/accessory drop slot.

All escha NMs are shared drop slots, all the way up. They just have different amounts.

zitah/ruaun/reis t1:
1 100% slot
1 'rare' slot

zitah/ruaun/reis t2:
1 100% slot
1 'uncommon' slot

zitah/ruaun/reis t3:
1 100% slot
1 'very common' slot

reis t4:
2 100% slots

woc/kirin:
2 100% slots
1 'common' slot

Not super confident on the lower sky gods or ark angels. I want to say sky gods are the same as t2 and ark angels are just 1 'common' or 'uncommon' slot, but I don't have enough data to be sure. Either way, TH is pretty useful on T3 and not all that important on T1-T2 for most escha farming.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-29 08:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have concise info on sandworm pop? Preferably someone that hacked the system and know's it from the inside <_<

I killed it wednesday, and it skipped the entire next pop window thursday (positive it skipped, not that it just popped and depopped, unless it popped earlier than the 20 hour mark when I wasn't present). This is apparently a thing according to old bgforum talks, also with weirdness like it sometimes popping 2 or 3 times in a day, or even taking 3 days to pop. Kind of annoying to see after both wikis just say 20-25 hours.

If it helps, the kill wednesday didn't get to doomvoid/warp me. I just killed it straight up for the title.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-29 08:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandworm is incredibly ***, Assume you missed it, it despawned, now you're ***outta luck again.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-29 08:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There are things you can check ahead of time (the location it despawned or died will still send entity packets, so it ends up in memory and you can confirm if it moved in any of the zones by comparing current position to logged position). But, if you didn't log those locations prior to when it should've popped, not much use.

It's possible the timer is different if it's killed vs doomvoids, but I'd be inclined to side with Eiryl here, you probably just missed it. That said, nobody 'hacked the system' and got spawn timers from SE, it's not really a realistic possibility. Even the shells that camped it religiously were prone to missing spawns, so it's probably not fully known if it does vary.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-10-29 08:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The best now is that you're at the mercy of some random chucklefuck killing it simply because they run across it.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-29 08:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I know that I didn't miss it within the assigned window on the wikis (20-25 hours) because uhhh... reasons....

BUT, I shall take your advice on recording positions to heart /nod
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-29 08:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I saw posted somewhere 16 hours if you kill it but that was last year, I don't remember where, and any information is garbage at best.

But yeah, if you remember which program tracks last death position like apradar used to, that's your winnar.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-29 08:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind it'll have a seperate 'last death position' for each zone so you still have to check them all to be sure.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-29 08:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

aye, already got that alllll taken care of (just wasn't writing anything down)

tyty

on the plus side, at least standing around zones is more fun that doing more E shinryu for no drops
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 720 721 722 ... 834 835 836