Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 654 655 656 ... 831 832 833
By ryukin182 2020-06-30 19:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought this addon would do it too, but it didn't. I literally just now had another instance of it not appearing. I think this is just for actual NPC's and not battlefield npc?
By ashcrow 2020-07-01 07:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

what would be the best place to farm Beitetsus' am dead tired of AA galka VD
By Pantafernando 2020-07-01 08:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol ark angels are the worse high tier to farm simply because they cost 15 merits.

Leviathan most likely is your safe bet. Aside that, ambuscade
By ashcrow 2020-07-01 09:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Lol ark angels are the worse high tier to farm simply because they cost 15 merits.

Leviathan most likely is your safe bet. Aside that, ambuscade
just did that not so good, Galka drops at least 2 Big boxe's on VD but am only doing D For leviathan maybe that is why
By Pantafernando 2020-07-01 09:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe tanzen should be about same difficult as leviathan if you can actually sleep the tarus (probably on BLU or /BLM).
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2020-07-03 20:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone ever figure out what unity shirts for unity leaders do? best I can tell is no, and if it does do something it's not obvious. The update notes (Dec 10th 2015) say "Calling forth your Unity leader's alter ego while your Unity shirt is equipped will grant you status effect bonuses that scale with your Unity's ranking."
By Draylo 2020-07-03 20:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You can pretty much sleep them on anything these days. I like to do Tenzen+Omega/Ultima fight as you knock out two at once, during campaigns though.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-07-04 00:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Casey said: »
Did anyone ever figure out what unity shirts for unity leaders do? best I can tell is no, and if it does do something it's not obvious. The update notes (Dec 10th 2015) say "Calling forth your Unity leader's alter ego while your Unity shirt is equipped will grant you status effect bonuses that scale with your Unity's ranking."

JP wiki seems to say it gives the leader STR+5/DEX+5/VIT+5/AGI+5/INT+5/MND+5/CHR+5 if worn when you summon the trust (lockstyling is not enough to get the stats) and the unity is rank 11th-8th.

It also seems to say that it's bugged and it loses the stats when you engage anything.

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/35298.html
http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/33523.html
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-07-04 11:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way for me to quickly scan my in-game inventory/wardrobes to see what gear my luas are not using? Not //gs validate, which is like the reverse of what I want.
 Asura.Suteru
Server: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-07-04 11:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Is there a way for me to quickly scan my in-game inventory/wardrobes to see what gear my luas are not using? Not //gs validate, which is like the reverse of what I want.

I literally just asked this question in the Windower Addon Suggestions the other day, there are a couple of suggestions there but in the end I just ended up manually going through my Luas.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37379/lua-addon-ideas/15#3525585
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-07-04 11:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
Shiva.Kasaioni said: »

I literally just asked this question in the Windower Addon Suggestions the other day, there are a couple of suggestions there but in the end I just ended up manually going through my Luas.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37379/lua-addon-ideas/15#3525585
//gs validate inv does what I want, but only for what's in your personal inventory and not wardrobes.
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2020-07-04 13:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen some folk wearing what looks like the Spitewarden purple red mage armor! Curious as to where this is obtainable from? Or was it a login reward glamour item?
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-07-04 13:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Lilith

List of all her drops are at the bottom of the page.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-04 13:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's called Malignance armor, and it's from the new'ish Lilith merit BC.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:High-Tier_Mission_Battlefields#LadyLilith

Fair warning. The fight is horrible, and the droprates painful.
[+]
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2020-07-04 13:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the responses! Yes that fight looks quite nasty! Doubtful I can touch that anytime soon with my friends, hah.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-04 14:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Madotsukii said: »
Thanks for the responses! Yes that fight looks quite nasty! Doubtful I can touch that anytime soon with my friends, hah.
It's really not that hard to solo it VE.

Put up August, Kupipi, Koru, Qultada, and Yoran (or whatever you want your 2nd healer to be), and melee it down to death.

Gyve strat works, but really, it's just so fast to burn her down than to TP on the Gyve and WS on her, and her TP moves at VE isn't that horrible. It's when you start doing E+ that it becomes a pain.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2020-07-05 16:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

how difficult is the battlefield ★Return to Delkfutt's Tower? I havnt rly been actively playing for a few years now due to rl crap. But id like to grab those jeuno music sheet tunes while the even is on.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-05 16:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Superman (Return to Delkfutt's Tower) is kind of ridiculous. Even on easy his damn light blade attacks can one shot 119, in a regular dd set. iirc I got bopped for 3800 with shell on normal.

Just make sure you have some dt on
By cuddlyhamster 2020-07-05 18:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is THF's 550 gift Dual Wield Effect "Reduces attack delay by 5% when a weapon is equipped in each hand." actually DW or something different that I should mostly ignore?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-07-05 19:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

it's 5% dw
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-08 01:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Has the order where "Smite" bonus is calculated ever been tested?
I know the static attack values (like those from the "attack bonus" job trait) are applied at the beginning, but what about smite?

Is it addictive or multiplicative with other att % bonuses?
Berserk, Chaos Roll, Indi-Fury, can't think of anything else atm.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-09 06:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump, anybody knows the answer by any chance? Couldn't find any data on BG-wiki, maybe I'm just blind.
By Luminiferous 2020-07-09 12:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for some clarification for Terminal Coffers. I always see screenshots of Omen bodies at the very top of the treasurer list. I know people like to go for loud thud, but isn't the first item on the treasure list the reward from the gold box itself? If that is the case why not just run in and open the box and not risk a mimic?

Or is the first item on the treasure list the rarest item, so you should go for loud thuds?
By Pantafernando 2020-07-09 12:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Luminiferous said: »
Looking for some clarification for Terminal Coffers. I always see screenshots of Omen bodies at the very top of the treasurer list. I know people like to go for loud thud, but isn't the first item on the treasure list the reward from the gold box itself? If that is the case why not just run in and open the box and not risk a mimic?

Or is the first item on the treasure list the rarest item, so you should go for loud thuds?

Its all about theorycrafting at this point yet as there is no structured data collected (i myself stopped registering once i was convinced of my own conclusions).

My own theory is that each “sound” is an unique pool of items:

- Loud Thud: AMAN accessory, Omen body, reisenjima gear, escha ruaun weapons, rare merit battlefield drops (gyve body, etc), tartarus platemail, escha zitah pulse weapons and sphere bodies, +2 skirmish sacks, craft mat and the “bust”: vexed pieces.
- Thud: common gear drop from 119 content (regular drops from merited battlefield, escha zitah weapons/gear from T1/2, (probably VNM mats).
- Normal: random sacks.

About terminal coffer, my theory is that isnt a static category but variable. Thats, it can be an implicit loud thud or just normal.

My theory is that mars orb terminal coffer varies from normal and thud categories. While Venus orb terminal coffer varies from thud and loud thud category.

As its implicit, you dont know whats it. So, going strictly to terminal coffer will have a higher % of thuds and a lower % of loud thuds drops.

My own records shows that aiming for a Loud Thud from normal chests will lead to more total Loud Thuds than going straight to terminal coffer, thus more chances of the best drops.

My statistics average like 1 omen body, 1 AMAN accessory out of every 47 mars orb+ 35 venus orb following this strat.
[+]
 Asura.Lothire
user: Lothire
By Asura.Lothire 2020-07-09 15:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Are CP%+ bonuses from job gifts cumulative? ie. at 5 JP spent you get 5% then at 25 JP spent you get 7%. Is that a) 12% or b) only the most recent, 7%?
By Crossbones 2020-07-09 16:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

All gifts are cumulative.
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-07-09 16:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

2 Characters same mission progress, one is 0 JP, 2nd has the 1355 JP gift. 1st gets 2000k CP/h, 2nd gets 7000k CP/h.(+350% loosly counted.)
[+]
By asuraasrial 2020-07-11 07:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Provided that neither are capped would I be better to use fastcast +10% or haste +10% in my midcast to get a faster recast time?
By Nariont 2020-07-11 08:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste as only half of fc is applied to recast, so in that case its 5% vs 10% haste
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-11 09:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The question is clear but in a real situation its not common to actually compare fc10 with haste10.

Because even mage gears normally have enough to surpass Haste 15% So that you normally wont benefit the entire 10%.
First Page 2 3 ... 654 655 656 ... 831 832 833