Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 614 615 616 ... 836 837 838
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-28 21:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to be able to toggle off trusts attacking at all. No, Qultada, I don't appreciate the 100 TP you feed mobs every time you hit them for 20 damage.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-29 00:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Our the heavy they break the skillchains...
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-29 00:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Anyone know what causes azuresets to be slow?
Wish I knew
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-29 02:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody knows if with Battlemod (or even with the default in-game chat filters) there's a way to change the colours just for the text lines that are about a buff or a debuff wearing off?
Maybe actually two different colours for buffs and debuffs?
By Pantafernando 2019-10-29 19:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

About crafting, the last quest from phase 2 escutcheon ask for a recipe that will always be T1 due to sub never be 30lvs below 70.

I never tried that but can i delevel my main craft temporarily to say 100 and rise sub to 80 just to do those quests? According with my calculations if im not missing anything with sub 80 and 100+1+1+2+3+5 should make most if not all recipes T2? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-29 19:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do that, if you think it's worth while

Are we still on/talking about jadagnas (was that you?)

You can t1 jadagna without dropping your main craft, I outlined how to do it... i think even more than once lol (that was months ago though, now that you're ON the quest to make the 5 it would involve a week+ time sink to do)

Quote:
2018-08-13
Gold 110 + shield + glasses + apron
Leather 70 + support + torque + gloves + hide stretcher
(disable gold stall)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-29 19:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Genoside said: »
So instead of farming all the items and waiting, I got impatient, I broke my cap for leather and took my leathercraft to 74. I have been trying for weeks with just dealing with tier 1 on my clubs and was ready to pull my hair out.
So today I said Eff it lets do it the crazy way.

1- Break LTW cap from 70 go to 74 =3 for advanced synth. this will drop your gold skill from 110 down to 106
2- Go farm them damn clubs.
3- I had a smithing mule in zone de-synthing everything.
4- Can despoil clubs as well as get them on a drop.
5- Before I made this change to my sub I was 1/5 for quest and made about 80 attempts.
6- After upping my tier on my subcraft bringing it to 77 with skill and Advanced imagry, I was able to knock out 4 High quality clubs in 15 synths total.
7- Now you may think GENO THAT IS CRAZY... No my friend crazy is killing Trolls for weeks and weeks to only come home empty handed and relying on luck.
8- After you Hq your 5 and get your key item, Visit the leatherworking Guild leader and tell her " I quit this job" She will bring your Leather back capped down to 70.
9- Head back to the guild and make your next tier shield and scream with excitement and have a beer.
10- Congrats on you next stage of shield.

In follow up, most would say why do that when you can just farm a Torque and farm the gloves with guild points and get a piece of furniture and then do imagry. If you already have the stuff you can skip that step, but this will save you weeks of time, and it will only take you a day or 2 to get back to 110 assuming you craft regularly.
Hope this helps.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sathington
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sathington 2019-10-31 06:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey,

Whats wiht the crafters hanging out near the NPC at the entrance of W.Adoulin?

is she suppose to give some sort of crafting support?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-31 06:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why they'd hang out there, but Ionis has some minor crafting benefits based on the inventor's coalition progression, so it is generally advisable to synth in adoulin. Perhaps they just don't want to leave the ionis NPC.

Coalition Flag Minor Crystal Obtainment Rate Increase
Signboard Minor Material Loss Rate Reduction
Emblem Minor Synthesis Skill Gain Increase
Second Floor Minor Synthesis Success Rate Increase
Adoulinian Flag Moderate Crystal Obtainment Rate Increase
Main Terrace Moderate Material Loss Rate Reduction
Bay Roof Moderate Synthesis Skill Gain Increase
Main Chimney Moderate Synthesis Success Rate Increase
 Fenrir.Esmrambo
Server: Fenrir
user: Esmrambo
By Fenrir.Esmrambo 2019-10-31 07:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know how to recover fame lost from doing a quest that says fame will be lost? I thought it would be a recoverable loss not a permanent loss.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-31 07:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably they are near entrance to ensure the bots will reapply the ionis after it wears off.
By Mattelot 2019-10-31 09:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought I read somewhere that primeval brew will do something bad in some places. Something like cause certain things not to drop or something. Was this true?
By Pantafernando 2019-10-31 09:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
I thought I read somewhere that primeval brew will do something bad in some places. Something like cause certain things not to drop or something. Was this true?

Its said that using brew in eschas zone annul the kill done if youre aiming to make an aeonic weapon.

Thats to say, if you are working on an aeonic, you need to beat it without resorting brew.

In theory you will only resort to brew in escha/reisem if you only care for a drop reward or a particular vorseal from a high tier NM.
By Mattelot 2019-10-31 09:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ok, maybe that was it. I thought I read something. I wanted to be sure. Is brew restricted to escha and abyssea?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-31 09:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No, there's brew in WoE too. Can't think of other content with brew.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-01 14:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know enough/pay attention enough to chocobo racing to know if the races happen at a static in game time?
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-01 15:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe there's a race every 15min irl time. or was it every 10min?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-01 15:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

whenever montly roe for chocobo races comes up, I park my character in zone then afk and do something else. I never pay attention to the time at all
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Server: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-11-02 00:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is crafting JSE neck without a completed craft shield worth it? My math says no. I feel like I must be missing something, because I'm almost certain not every craft shield is present on Cerberus, but there are +2 necks for each craft.
My math:
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-02 00:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Without a shield you would just be shooting yourself in the ***

You basically expect to sell zero NQ except to bots.
 Cerberus.Echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-11-02 00:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, I wanted to put my name on something shiny. Thanks tho
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-02 00:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Make the shield! Or just go ahead and do it anyway, it's just gil. it's worthless.
 Cerberus.Echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-11-02 00:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, shields are too much botting and suffering. I'll just buy a neck
By Pantafernando 2019-11-02 03:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely anything that can be HQ-ed and worth to make isnt worth to make without a shield.
By Antisense 2019-11-02 08:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Chocobo Racing start times (approx)

:36 (C1)
:51
:06
:21

Vana'diel time
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-02 09:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Echohawk said: »
I feel like I must be missing something, because I'm almost certain not every craft shield is present on Cerberus, but there are +2 necks for each craft.
server transfers, RMT and other ambitious players will gladly pay $18 to mark up as many items as they can afford by 5-10m each
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-02 09:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So this question is mostly aimed at the people like Comeatmebro and other programmers/script writers.

But how do you know what packet is what in ffxi?
Like how do you know 0x017 is for incoming chat for example?
I used the example from Chiaia's lua.
I've seen multiple luas with stuff like this in it and it's always confused me.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-02 09:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Now, generally, people refer to windower's fields.lua or darkstarproject's source.

To initially figure it out, you would have to perform an action and analyze the outgoing chunk to see how it varied based on what was going on or examine the actual ffximain dll(it is compiled code, and packed, so this is much easier said than done). I'm sure it was a colossal task for the first people to figure it out, but once the chunk structure was known it became exponentially easier to identify individual 'packets' (they aren't really packets, they're instructions, a packet can contain many of them).

Note that the packet most luas are concerned with for tracking damn near anything the apis can't give you directly such as TH, impetus count, whether haste was haste1 or haste2, blah blah is the incoming 0x28 action packet. It is bitpacked in a manner much more complicated than any other packet, and not explicitly listed in fields.lua. Windower's actions.lua has some helpful information or can be used to directly grab much of what it includes, and DSP can help with the rest.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-02 09:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah thanks, that always confused me since I'm not particularly good at writing stuff so good to learn how it originally got there.
But that's cool to know, appreciate the response.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-02 11:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

When starting its always good checking the addons both in windower folder and GitHub.

Depending on what you want someone probably already did something similar so you can just adjust it to do what you need.

Plus abuse print commands to make sure some loop is doing what you want.

Finally if youre on windower check packetviewer. It helped me a lot to actually see whats going on. The packetwiewer read me by itself explain very well what the packet stuff is.
First Page 2 3 ... 614 615 616 ... 836 837 838