Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 613 614 615 ... 842 843 844
By Mattelot 2019-10-23 09:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That's awesome. I thought my LS leader told me once that they replace each other.

That surely helps with CP momentum!
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2019-10-24 10:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

For Monster Rearing, if a monster doesn't have an evolution item (Ex. Baby Lizard > Lizard) how do you evolve it? Just keep feeding? I'm doing that now and it's 3-star and it won't squirm/shudder.
By Mattelot 2019-10-25 09:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I knew the answer to Shindo's question.

I do have another that I've wondered since I've been back.

Back in 75, some gear had "Adds "Refresh" effect" which would give passive 1MP/tic. I noticed some of that gear when reforged now says, for example "Refresh +2". Does that work differently?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-25 10:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shindo said: »
For Monster Rearing, if a monster doesn't have an evolution item (Ex. Baby Lizard > Lizard) how do you evolve it? Just keep feeding? I'm doing that now and it's 3-star and it won't squirm/shudder.

Yes, You just keep feeding it the stuff it likes so the mood doesnt drop and it'll grow up/evolve on it's own
By Pantafernando 2019-10-25 10:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »

Back in 75, some gear had "Adds "Refresh" effect" which would give passive 1MP/tic. I noticed some of that gear when reforged now says, for example "Refresh +2". Does that work differently?

Rechecking BG, SE have been trying to change gear name to make them more explicit to its effect. Im not sure if they managed to hit every gear but aparently if its "add refresh" is the passive trait, and if its "refresh potency+" is enhancement for spell.

Recently they changed phalanx gear too. Before it was phlanx +x, now its phalanx received+x
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-10-25 10:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The effect is the same for idle refresh, just different wording. "Refresh Potency" specifically refers to gear enhancing the "Refresh" spell like RDM AF+3 body and Empyrean Legs, and same with "Regen Potency" for gear that enhances Regen Spells.

I think it was sometime around early 2014 when began showing actual trait values with newly released equipment going forward, all the better than having trying to figure out the vague values of "Adds X trait effect"
By Mattelot 2019-10-25 11:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »

The effect is the same for idle refresh, just different wording. "Refresh Potency" specifically refers to gear enhancing the "Refresh" spell like RDM AF+3 body and Empyrean Legs, and same with "Regen Potency" for gear that enhances Regen Spells.

I think it was sometime around early 2014 when began showing actual trait values with newly released equipment going forward, all the better than having trying to figure out the vague values of "Adds X trait effect"

ooooh, good catch on the RDM AF+3 body. Ok, I wish they would have just went back and changed the old wordings to "Refresh +1" to avoid the confusion.

Thanks
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-10-26 02:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Do reisenjima temp items affect the master and pets if used?
By Nariont 2019-10-26 05:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Master only, vorseals affect both though
By trinironnie 2019-10-26 10:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fastest way to level monster rearing?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-26 11:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Really no tips or tricks to it. No shortcuts. If you have or can get a jubilee shirt that's the only thing that speeds it up.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-26 12:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a trick to keep killing and restarting but i forgot what to do (for rank up fast i mean)
By trinironnie 2019-10-26 13:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

kk wanted to work on Ygnas...everything is rank 6/7 but didn't realize rearing had to be also >_<. So basically daily i feed / interact with his pet?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-26 13:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
There was a trick to keep killing and restarting but i forgot what to do (for rank up fast i mean)

You can get a new mob, pet/feed/kill and get a new one, but theres a limit to how many new mobs you can start a day, one per day to start so no speed boost

But I guess that counts if the goal is rank, not raise.

If the only goal is get ygnas faster:
Quote:
Feeding and Collecting have no bearing on ranking up. It is based solely on "Times Cared for a creature". Talk to the Moogle -> learn about the garden -> Other tidbits. Interactions such as pet, yell, poke, stare, etc are the only thing that matters. As a result, at rank 5, you can "Pet" 3 animals, release 2 of them and then get 2 more, and "pet them". This allows for 5 "pets" a day, making rank 5->6 and 6->7 only take 4 days per rank instead of 7. You will get no "cheers", but will rank up faster.
[+]
By trinironnie 2019-10-26 18:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Pantafernando said: »

You can get a new mob, pet/feed/kill and get a new one, but theres a limit to how many new mobs you can start a day, one per day to start so no speed boost

But I guess that counts if the goal is rank, not raise.

If the only goal is get ygnas faster:
Quote:
Feeding and Collecting have no bearing on ranking up. It is based solely on "Times Cared for a creature". Talk to the Moogle -> learn about the garden -> Other tidbits. Interactions such as pet, yell, poke, stare, etc are the only thing that matters. As a result, at rank 5, you can "Pet" 3 animals, release 2 of them and then get 2 more, and "pet them". This allows for 5 "pets" a day, making rank 5->6 and 6->7 only take 4 days per rank instead of 7. You will get no "cheers", but will rank up faster.
ooo thank you
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-27 14:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the Buff IDs for Haste and Haste II?
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2019-10-27 17:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone ever try BLM su5 staff with Mana Wall? Just curious if Mana wall has a cap or if you could be invincible
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-27 17:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said: »
Anyone ever try BLM su5 staff with Mana Wall? Just curious if Mana wall has a cap or if you could be invincible
Asura.Doryl said: »
I tested staff and totally useless...

Current max manawall bonus without staff is 95% 50+20(jp)+15(feet)+10(back)

After many tests on staff, i saw there is a cap for manawall at 95%, so the only use of this staff is to unlock empy feet.
Unfortunately, it's preferable to use a nuke staff and lock feet than use this staff with nuke feet.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-10-27 18:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
What are the Buff IDs for Haste and Haste II?
Both share the same buff ID (370) which is why you can't use the buff alone to detect your haste level. The easiest way is to read the action packet for buffs being casted on you (Haste/II or Hastega/II). An example is the one people just posted on the COR thread for Flurry I/II.

GearInfo does that automatically for you including all forms of haste (haste/marches/MG/samba/JA haste, etc.) but some people find it too laggy. I personally love it so would suggest to give it a try.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-27 18:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's a disappointment. I was hoping to be able to use the Cancel addon (or plugin, I forget) to cancel Haste if one of my trusts cast Haste I on me and I didn't catch which one it was.

Thanks.
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2019-10-27 19:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said: »
Asura.Doryl said: »
I tested staff and totally useless...

Current max manawall bonus without staff is 95% 50+20(jp)+15(feet)+10(back)

After many tests on staff, i saw there is a cap for manawall at 95%, so the only use of this staff is to unlock empy feet.
Unfortunately, it's preferable to use a nuke staff and lock feet than use this staff with nuke feet.

Very expensive test but their sacrifice was not in vain lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-28 16:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone with Ygnas, where is he in the Trust list? WHM so where is he in order (of autosort) aka; where would his spell go
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-28 16:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

He's better than all WHM trusts other than Yoran-Oran and maybe Pieuje.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-28 16:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

where is he in order (of autosort)
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-10-28 16:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

where is he in order (of autosort)
Even after auto sorting the trust list, Ygnas was still chilling at the bottom of the list.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-28 16:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, thanks. Just had that curiosity for quite a while, but not enough to finish those dumb tasks.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-10-28 17:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I put off Ygnas/+1 ring for a looong time myself. I just wanted nothing to do with mog garden *** and was pissed they gated combat related rewards behind farmville XI

Finally pushed myself into is after considering the usefulness of the Sylvie UC trust and how Ygnas would let me change from Yoran.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2019-10-28 20:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what causes azuresets to be slow?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-10-28 21:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexterm said: »
Ygnas is not better than all WHM trusts if you are doing things where you have multiple mobs slept. He has a tp move that wakes ***up and dot’s them. Can’t use him in dyna D farming if you multibox.
You know, I have a vague recollection of SE saying something at some point about a Trust AoE ws toggle command. But I can't find anything about it now despite spending the last while looking. Not sure if I'm just delusional or it's just another thing SE said then never did.

I'd really appreciate both AoE WS toggles and a just plain trust ws toggle(looking at you Qultada....) Although it could be an issue in the case of trusts with AoE restorative WS like Selh'teus.
First Page 2 3 ... 613 614 615 ... 842 843 844