Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 602 603 604 ... 835 836 837
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-10 14:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You can still use it to make Gridarvor JSE for SMN
By SimonSes 2019-08-10 14:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

@Afania you look at Tauret too much from dnc perspective. Thf has far greater value from it. Thf best melee tp set is full of ta/ta damage/critDmg and crit rate works very well with that. It should easily win against anything other than r15/cento and for me farming omen on thf solo is big part of end game actually and thf main doing th8+ is by far the best for it, if you care for amount of swarts per entry rather than swarts per time. If you make thf on mules to farm solo on them, Tauret is biggest boost you can get pretty easily.

I also disagree that ppl make those lists to add value to their rema army, because people with rema army will easily get most if not all ambu weapons very fast. Those lists are more for people who dont have rema on some job or want to add value to mule.
By Afania 2019-08-10 14:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I also disagree that ppl make those lists to add value to their rema army, because people with rema army will easily get most if not all ambu weapons very fast. Those lists are more for people who dont have rema on some job or want to add value to mule.

Even if thats the case Id still put axe on the list before dagger :/

Axe is like 35k+ ws for none rema users that also SC with SB cor, tauret evis never avg that high without piercing bonus or JA.

Really if tauret evis do 35k to 40k ws repeatly at 1000 tp like sword club axe Id have different pov on it.

Many people probably blu burn omen too so /shrug.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-08-10 14:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that all Light Staff is useful for? If so I'll probably sell it, as I don't play SMN.
By SimonSes 2019-08-10 15:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Axe is like 35k+ ws for none rema users that also SC with SB cor, tauret evis never avg that high without piercing bonus or JA.

I think at this point it would be a matter of what jobs you plan to use. If you need working end game WAR or DRK and have no strong rema for them, then yeah axe is high on the list.
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2019-08-12 01:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So I recently came back after a 3 year hiatus and reactivated my account. I noticed my RoE CP bonus quests reset like the lair/colonization/wildskeeper reives can be flagged again. Did I lose the CP bonus or did they make these objectives reset?
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2019-08-12 01:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said: »
So I recently came back after a 3 year hiatus and reactivated my account. I noticed my RoE CP bonus quests reset like the lair/colonization/wildskeeper reives can be flagged again. Did I lose the CP bonus or did they make these objectives reset?

Those are repeatable objectives that have like a dull / faded look after completing them the first time for CP % gains.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2019-08-12 01:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm that's the thing. They're all white and not dull/faded so I'm not too sure if I still have the bonuses
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-12 01:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If there is a yellow orb its incomplete. If its a small blue orb its done.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2019-08-12 01:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah that explains it. Seems like I got them all. Thanks!
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-08-12 13:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

I think at this point it would be a matter of what jobs you plan to use. If you need working end game WAR or DRK and have no strong rema for them, then yeah axe is high on the list.

The axe is really nice for beastmaster as well as WAR and DRK, maybe better damage for master than the BST REMA 1H axes with the nice bonus, as Afania points out, of SC'ing with Savage Blade. And WS'ing right at 1k TP is a benefit to a job that has such low TP gain.
By tyalangan 2019-08-12 14:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Do SU4 weapons only get path C augment options? (At a lesser potency ofc)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-12 14:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Same as the Su5 weapons
(yes, the bg page can be confusing as ***, it's a bad layout)
By tubborz 2019-08-12 14:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Do SU4 weapons only get path C augment options? (At a lesser potency ofc)

SU4 weapons get the same choice of paths A, B and C as SU5 weapons, just at lower potency. NQ versions have a 30% chance of double damage/OAT and 15 STP/SB while the HQ version has a 40/20 respective potency.
By tyalangan 2019-08-12 15:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the SU4/5 page is clunky. Thanks for the response.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-13 15:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What other gear uses the same model as the "Hauberk" set? Not a pallet swap, but the exact black and red. Any ideas? I want to lockstyle a mule.

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-13 15:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/11830/versa-hauberk

Same thing, but 8 levels higher
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-08-13 15:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[Date & Time]
Aug. 12, 2019 22:00 (PDT)

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]
The following issues were addressed.

- For the Dual Wield job ability effect, once the effect of shortened attack intervals reached a certain level, the effect would stop working correctly and attack intervals would become longer instead.

Wait WHAT??? Was there some new glitch introduced by last update?

They didn't happen to make any stealthy changes to the eternal gripe of excess DW past the 80% delay reduction cap causing lower TP/hit... did they? (I doubt it, but... what does that update note mean?)
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-08-13 18:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Quote:
[Date & Time]
Aug. 12, 2019 22:00 (PDT)

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]
The following issues were addressed.

- For the Dual Wield job ability effect, once the effect of shortened attack intervals reached a certain level, the effect would stop working correctly and attack intervals would become longer instead.

Wait WHAT??? Was there some new glitch introduced by last update?

They didn't happen to make any stealthy changes to the eternal gripe of excess DW past the 80% delay reduction cap causing lower TP/hit... did they? (I doubt it, but... what does that update note mean?)
Means what it said. They spaghetti coded to where your delay actually increased at a certain point when more DW was added.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-08-14 16:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Does equipment with Stoneskin casting time get added on top of Fast Cast?
By FaeQueenCory 2019-08-14 16:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
All "x casting time down" is additive with FC ala:
(FC + casting time down) x Arts ≥ -80%
and for recast:
((FC/2) + recast time down) x Haste x Arts ≥ -80%
FC caps at -40% for recast... and I may have flipped where -recast is added. Though I'm pretty sure it was with the FC and not the haste.

Asura.Aeonova said: »
What other gear uses the same model as the "Hauberk" set? Not a pallet swap, but the exact black and red. Any ideas? I want to lockstyle a mule.

Seems just versa hauberk shares the texture.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-08-14 16:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
All "x casting time down" is additive with FC ala:
(FC + casting time down) x Arts ≥ -80%
and for recast:
((FC/2) + recast time down) x Haste x Arts ≥ -80%
FC caps at -40% for recast... and I may have flipped where -recast is added. Though I'm pretty sure it was with the FC and not the haste.

Seems just versa hauberk shares the texture.

Thanks! I was wondering if I should use it with stoneskin (was already using Umuthi) instead of just stacking on FC. I noticed Doyen Pants is not included on the bgwiki stoneskin page. Could use Haven Hose, but looking for an ilvl alternative.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-08-14 16:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! I was wondering if I should use it with stoneskin (was already using Umuthi) instead of just stacking on FC. I noticed Doyen Pants is not included on the bgwiki stoneskin page. Could use Haven Hose, but looking for an ilvl alternative.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-14 21:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Where would I find the version update "message" from the producer or whatever? I have found the version update notes (with stuff like known issues and such) but I'm looking for the place to find the letter-like messages they write to go with them. Particularly I'm looking for one around (maybe a month or two in either direction) septemberish 2017 from when they introduced Cornelia as a "fan picked" temp trust and in very particular, I'm looking for the line that I read them say about how Lady Lilith was a strong second place.

Any leads would be hot. Thanks in advance.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-08-14 22:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Means what it said. They spaghetti coded to where your delay actually increased at a certain point when more DW was added.

Any actual reports/evidence of what was wrong? Like, aside from just what the update notes say.

How much DW was causing issues? When did this start? etc.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2019-08-14 22:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Where would I find the version update "message" from the producer or whatever? I have found the version update notes (with stuff like known issues and such) but I'm looking for the place to find the letter-like messages they write to go with them. Particularly I'm looking for one around (maybe a month or two in either direction) septemberish 2017 from when they introduced Cornelia as a "fan picked" temp trust and in very particular, I'm looking for the line that I read them say about how Lady Lilith was a strong second place.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/53191-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-35-Digest
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-14 23:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/53191-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-35-Digest

"Two characters were particularly popular, and the management and development teams held many heated discussions regarding choosing between Cornelia and Lady Lilith."

Thank you SO much! I knew they said Lady Lilith was popular. Honestly, I thought she probably won due to ermagerd secksy-Lilith-tight-dress-fan-service, but they had already had Cornelia in mind for winning before the contest was even held. I'm 95% sure that's likely what actually happened. Lilith won, but they already had determined who they were going to have "win" before the contest even began.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-08-15 00:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Can a Lucky Monk:s roll exceed the 50% Subtle Blow 1 cap?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2019-08-15 01:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

no
 Cerberus.Echohawk
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-08-15 09:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If the total amount of defense down is over 100% would pdif always be capped or does it stack like haste with dual wield?
So BoG+EA idris frailty is -73% def, dia 3 is 20% and then pretty much any other def down effect is at least 10%. It adds up to over 100% def down, so I would think pdif would be always be capped, right?
First Page 2 3 ... 602 603 604 ... 835 836 837