Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 601 602 603 ... 831 832 833
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-08-03 13:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
You need to use Selhteus i cant spell his name on Gin so the trusts stay far away and avoid all AoE.
Could I get some clarification on this point?

I'm aware that some non-engaging trusts will follow the trust called before them even after you engage. Annoying case in point, If I call Ygnas then Sylvie, she'll follow Ygnas when he runs away from the mob after I engage, and I don't get her indi effect.

However, Both King of Hearts and Qultada will move to the mob and melee when you engage. So I'm not clear on how having Sel'teus(I hear you on the spelling there...) would keep these trusts at range.
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-03 14:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So i learned this from the JPs. They use koru on Gin, not King i shouldve clarified tbh.

But calling trusts in a certain order makes them stay far away which is what i use. Im not sure why, but the Jps showed it and works really well. But no qultada either, no meleeing trusts. I forgot to mention.

I only posted trusts for midboss, not Gin, apologies

But replace king with koru and qultada with cherukiki. Should've mentioned beforehand.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-08-03 14:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, if you're not using KoH and Qultada then that makes sense.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-03 14:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Add ulnia to your trusts and joachim then yes.

It's doable without Epeo. And I've not tried using other jobs other than rune for this cos rune is all i play so i suck st other jobs

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2019-08-04 12:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Suddenly my addiction started to kick and probably sooner or later gonna resub.

So, i would like to ask if anything changed since i went on a break (around feb).

- any changes to make the craft shields?
- whats the current wanted job? And top dps?
- dyna div still has 60h cooldown?
- fastest way to make hundred million outside ambuscade/gain exp and buying?
- any large and friendly social shell in any small server? Thinking in looking for new people during discount campaign.

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-08-04 12:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Sup

So, i would like to ask if anything changed since i went on a break (around feb).

- any large and friendly social shell in any small server? Thinking in looking for new people during discount campaign.

Thanks in advance.

No.
Same as in Feb.
Yes.
Lol.
Idk.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-08-04 12:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Thanks in advance.

No.
Sam war drk drg still on top.
Yes
Get a job that pays 6 figures
Move to Asura.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-08-04 13:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Messing around with trying to shoot more in the hot spot for True Shot bonuses, and was wondering if there was a specific delay value cutoff for the differences between Short Bows and Longbows regarding the distance correction formula.

It doesn't seem like this has ever been tested+published.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-08-04 13:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been aiming to desynth a bunch of Gully's to stock up on Adaman Ingots to make them as sets.

How much of a difference does the Desynth moglification make?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-04 14:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

I would assume it's never been rigidly quantified, since it's pretty obscure even in the old days. It seemed to make a worthwhile difference when I was doing my spheres, but that's just eyeballing and we all know how people can be about that.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-08-04 18:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

I would assume it's never been rigidly quantified, since it's pretty obscure even in the old days. It seemed to make a worthwhile difference when I was doing my spheres, but that's just eyeballing and we all know how people can be about that.
That's enough to at least build it up and try it out. Thanks!
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-08-06 10:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So I want to master either warrior or dark knight over the upcoming cp campaign, and farm as many cards as I can, but I want to mostly use my existing BST and DRG stuff to save inventory space. I'll be using Dolichenus mainhand and one of the relevant offhands. I can't decide which job to do. Warrior seems like it has better synergy with Decimation due to lots of DA but dark knight gets so much attack and has a higher pDIF cap?
 Asura.Gesetz
user: Cptjoe
By Asura.Gesetz 2019-08-06 11:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
So I want to master either warrior or dark knight over the upcoming cp campaign, and farm as many cards as I can, but I want to mostly use my existing BST and DRG stuff to save inventory space. I'll be using Dolichenus mainhand and one of the relevant offhands. I can't decide which job to do. Warrior seems like it has better synergy with Decimation due to lots of DA but dark knight gets so much attack and has a higher pDIF cap?

WAR does it better, they both do it well. I'm biased towards DRK, personally. That said, no reason not to knock both out and see what you like more. Decimation builds (assuming a starter build or a need to conserve inventory space) will most likely perform very close to each other for both jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-08-06 12:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gesetz said: »

WAR does it better, they both do it well. I'm biased towards DRK, personally. That said, no reason not to knock both out and see what you like more. Decimation builds (assuming a starter build or a need to conserve inventory space) will most likely perform very close to each other for both jobs.

Yeah, I think warrior makes more sense. If I did dark knight then I'm going to start eyeing up caster gear eventually, whereas warrior I can pretty much just use my beastmaster axes and stuff, plus dragoon stuff and paladin gear for DT swap, and grab a few free additional weapons down the road like Chango or Shining One.
By Afania 2019-08-06 19:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

pure ws avg wise, someone posted math a while ago, DRK seems to have higher ws avg (43k) in pdif capped situations because they have pdl neck and higher Pdl trait. War is a bit less, but they probably TP faster than DRK cuz DA.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-08-09 13:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Anyone have a top 3 rank of the best ambuscade finished weapons?

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-09 13:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ejin made that video. But the real answer is the best three are the ones you will actually use. Doesn't matter how good a weapon is when it's in your moghouse.

Spear Sword Dagger
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-08-09 14:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I get the point of ranking but for Ambu weapons it doesn’t really work unless you tailor the list for yourself. It really depends what you have and use. For Ejiin, polearm is the best but if you don’t have SAM nor ever will then Polearm could be last.

For me, Maxentius is the best, yet he doesn’t even put it in his video.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-08-09 15:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to be some confusion but this SP gobbie key isn't an increase to equipment during this campaign, is it? Usually they specifically say that in the notes.
By Afania 2019-08-09 18:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Anyone have a top 3 rank of the best ambuscade finished weapons?

Thanks in advance

Club sword polearm probably.

Club is certainly top 3, it actually beats naegling on rdm and blu, also melee geo whm GoGo. blu nuke too.

The fact that blu can use club is probably the main reason why people has been clearing SL master trial in 13 min, it's so good.

Sword because SB cor brd nin GoGo. And war situationally too.

I don't understand why is dagger in the top 3 ranking. It's BiS for OH for cor magical builds, or maybe AE builds for dagger jobs? But the use of it is way limited compare with club. As a main hand it's not particularly powerful compare with r15 twash either. This is unlike polearm at least does piercing dmg for jobs like Sam war.

So yeah, personally I wouldn't put dagger in the top 3 list.
[+]
By Boshi 2019-08-09 20:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

dagger's best offhand for rdm all situations, and NIN a lot.
Best piercing mainhand for nin too.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-08-09 20:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Tauret is better for RDM offhand than Ternion +1 even when you don't need the attack or accuracy?
By Afania 2019-08-09 22:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
dagger's best offhand for rdm all situations, and NIN a lot.

Most, not all. Pretty sure it isnt best OH for black halo/SB builds.

The fact that its mostly OH not MH is why I rank it below club.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-08-09 22:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Seems to be some confusion but this SP gobbie key isn't an increase to equipment during this campaign, is it? Usually they specifically say that in the notes.
No, it's same quality no matter what with a key. Only the once a day dial gets an upgrade with certain events.
By SimonSes 2019-08-10 00:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

@Afania Dagger is imo so high on the list because its by far the best for low and medium buff situation. Like farming Omen on THF for example. Crits on melee and Evisceration easily beats everything else there (beside maybe some totally end game build with tons of evasion and su5 dagger, but I havent seen this tested in practice yet I think). Keep in mind that most people not gonna make a priority list based on how those weapons stack against their 20×R15 weapons, but most people will stack them against R0 weapons or even no REMA at all and then Dagger is really looking great.
By Afania 2019-08-10 07:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
@Afania Dagger is imo so high on the list because its by far the best for low and medium buff situation. Like farming Omen on THF for example. Crits on melee and Evisceration easily beats everything else there (beside maybe some totally end game build with tons of evasion and su5 dagger, but I havent seen this tested in practice yet I think). Keep in mind that most people not gonna make a priority list based on how those weapons stack against their 20×R15 weapons, but most people will stack them against R0 weapons or even no REMA at all and then Dagger is really looking great.

For omen farming you can use anything and it barely matter lol. Its fodder content. I doubt people would ask "best pulse weapon" kind of question because they want to farm omen fodder on thf. Most likely its question associate with adding more endgame values to their jobs.

I have one, and have been parsing every ambu VD runs and wave 3 with it on dnc. I think its "ok" for us scrubs. But I rank it below twash, aeneas or even dex/wsd dm augmented skinflayer just because how bad it is for rudra if attack and acc capped. And rudra is just too useful most of the time.

Ironically I find wave 3 is where it performs best. Building adds a big chunk of dmg if you pop between pulls, AE adds big chunk of dmg if adds pop or multiples are pulled. And evis kinda shines on volte because pdif is so low. Tauret is good for both ws.

In 1hr zerg or ambu 6 man pt holding TP SCing, tauret doesnt even beat a dex wsd DM skinfkayer because skinflayer is better for rudra. So the argument of stack tauret against other r0 or none rema doesnt work here.

If you ask me, the situation where tauret really shines are rare and it doesnt quite change how jobs are played like some other pulse weapons. If I have to put tauret on the top 3 list, Id probably remove polearm. But no way Im removing club from the list. Id even rank axe a bit better than tauret just because it opens up /nin builds on war drk run, or allow these jobs do fusion ws and still parse high, and great for melee rng bst too.

I dont see how tauret change the playstyle of jobs thats on it like axe does, or allow certain odd jobs dps better.....maybe with the exception of dagger PUP or something?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-08-10 14:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone use Light Staff for anything these days? I'm having a clear out on a mule and wanna know if there's anything I can do with it?
First Page 2 3 ... 601 602 603 ... 831 832 833