Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 581 582 583 ... 834 835 836
By Jetackuu 2019-02-18 11:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
rune fencer and corsair jobs are the easiest for a smn zerg.
You don't need good gear at all for those.

Its a 40s fight at most.
Rune fencer pops nm, and uses all ja's and Odyllic subterfuge.
Corsair having some bonus from ring or regal neck is plenty. don't even need greatur duration for songs.

The smn? well that is a big variable. how good are they without their mythics/Ergon?

what other gear do the NOT have?
How well can they actually follow instructions?

No one will be able to answer these very well for you. Go try and see.

Is it possible? yes. but the margin for error is smaller the poorer your gear.
lolwut?

But can NMs be lowmanned? sure, depends on jobs, skill, etc. T1-2 ***is pretty easy.
By Bahadir 2019-02-19 10:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Do you have any data to back up the assertion that rates within HQ pool are fixed? SE outright stated that rubicund cells were enough to enable heavy metal pouches, which seems to imply that items unlock after increasing amounts of rubicund.

The amount of kills needed to conclusively say otherwise would be pretty obscene, even for someone heavily botting it. Would like to see the full data set, so we can draw our own conclusions from the numbers.

Agreed! My numbers were not big enough for that statement. So i should ve stated that as an assumption.

The appearance of the HQ drop slot, however, has a high enough probability that a couple of 100 tries are enough to make a good argument. And you can observe the existence of the HQ slot by checking the number of drops you obtain.

Also my statement does not stand in conflict with what SE said about the rubicum cells.
my argument is that they increase the chance that the HQ slot appears. Whether or not the drop rates are constant within the pool, using rubicum thus is sufficient to maximize hmp drop rate.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-19 10:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxivpro.com/forum/topic/48685/red-alignment-requirements-for-hmp/

Byrth had it down years ago, and you can see your old post where you got hyped up over a 3 hour sample with 3 people. Your 'data' was 'about 100 spawns' of Morta, where you not only didn't outline your actual results but just said a whole lot of loose opinion.

If you want to be taken seriously, log 5000 pools along with lights or ask someone from ffxidb to share some of their voidwatch data. Clearly your test meant nothing.

Quote:
Test was conducted on Morta with about 100 spawns and to me it seems to work like this:

Quote:
Did less spawns without cells so exact numbers might be off.
Inside the lot pool the items seem to have fixed drop rates. Sample size wasnt big enough to put any numbers but I felt like all but cinder/dross (and maybe Abj) had the same drop rate to me...

These are not the observations of an informed person with a basis in fact. This is just a bunch of feeling, 100ish kills and you couldn't even record the data?

Further, we have a quote from SE on April 4, 2017:
Quote:
Red Alignment affects the drop rate of “Heavy Metal”. By using the item “Rubicund Cell” to increase Red Alignment by 150%, the item “Heavy Metal” will be added to the list of potential drops! Increasing the alignment further will have no effects on the drop rate of “Heavy Metal”.

If:
-Droprate between items in the pool is fixed(your hypothesis)
and
-Red alignment higher than 150 doesn't effect HMP droprate (SE stated outright)

Then:
Red alignment higher than 150 can't effect special pool at all, as increasing the prevalence of the pool would increase the prevalence of heavy metal drops.

The idea that the slot is an unchanging distribution cannot coexist with the idea that rubicund increases the slot, given SE stated rubicund past 150 won't help heavy metal. Thus, if you accept the idea that rubicund effects the slot past 150, you need to throw out the hypothesis that drops are equal within the slot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A more realistic model to fit the information available is probably some sort of scale where items are tiered. For example(numbers for illustration only):

0-50 red: Unlocks scrolls, increases droprate of scrolls
50-100 red: Unlocks houyi gorget, increases droprate of houyi gorget
100-150 red: Unlocks heavy metal pouch, increases droprate of heavy metal pouch
150-200 red : Unlocks fajin boots, increases droprate of fajin boots
200-250 red : Unlocks Lux Pugio, increases droprate of Lux Pugio
250+ red : Unlocks and increases droprate of coruscanti

This is not fact, has not been tested, and should not be taken as such. It is simply a hypothesis that accounts for all data I am aware of. Other hypotheses can exist and be equally valid.
[+]
By Taint 2019-02-19 10:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

125 red definitely gets plates and fits your grid.

One of mules is missing a ruby abyssite and has the same drop rate as my others.

Cobalt does something for plates. If I use zero cells so 150 cobalt, plates load at an incredibly low percentage. My Zero cobalt cells Samples are low maybe 3-500.

When i trade cobalt my plate drop rate fits FFXIDB.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-19 11:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/129316-Voidwatch-cells-What-do-they-do-Do-they-do-things-Lets-find-out

Found this thread looking for more info, byrth leveraged xidb's database to analyze plates vs light. He mentions the 0-49 light group is probably flawed data due to a bug with a plugin, and if you look at the rest it seems pretty clear that heavy metal are being unlocked somewhere between 150(base+50) to 200(base+100) red, and blue has no effect on them.

The differences in droprate are statistically insignificant, implying that once they're unlocked they're pretty consistant, though the 150-250 range has very few samples. The 350-550 group clearly has enough data to indicate that further red isn't increasing plates.
By Bahadir 2019-02-19 20:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

@Comeatmebro Awesome! Thank you for the clarification! Also thank you for digging up that other post. Clearly jumped to conclusions here with regards to the consistency of drop rates. Can see how I got there since I didn't test low enough light values.

Wish someone would ve sent me that research when I posted my hypothesis back then ^^

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
This is not fact, has not been [sufficiently] tested, and should not be taken as such. It is simply a hypothesis that accounts for all data I am aware of. Other hypotheses can exist and be equally valid.
Also this is something I should ve made more clear for my statements.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2019-02-19 21:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the plugin for keeping track of buffs? I started updating my rdm again and composure makes it extremely easy to lose track of when I should be reapplying buffs
By NiroAL 2019-02-19 23:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everybody! I have a question about the spell Impact.

While you're fighting NMs, is Impact a spell that should always be cast on them? Or are there only specific NMs that you should cast it on?
 Asura.Tewfpick
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tewfpick 2019-02-19 23:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
What's the plugin for keeping track of buffs? I started updating my rdm again and composure makes it extremely easy to lose track of when I should be reapplying buffs

Probably looking for the Windower plugin called Timers? Or if its for your party, then you want the PartyBuffs addon, which you can google.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2019-02-20 00:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

NiroAL said: »

While you're fighting NMs, is Impact a spell that should always be cast on them? Or are there only specific NMs that you should cast it on?
If you can get away with it then you should. Smn gets it naturally from fenrir though, so it's not AS important nowadays if you have room for a smn.
By kishr 2019-02-20 08:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a question last night but answered it with a quick Google search, but wanted to share my results for anyone else with the issue.

I got 6/7 geological location in mog garden finished to rank 7 including monster rearing, took awhile.
Then I checked mog for how many remaining furrows(didn't even know I could ask mog the entire time)

It said 159/520 harvests, so I was like, wo, then I Googled to see if there's a script, and there is.

https://github.com/thatdumbguy/Furrow

It's quite explanatory but it auto plants and harvest for you using revival tree root.

Felt like sharing that, gl!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-02-20 08:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

NiroAL said: »

As Scholar, I would always cast it, using Parsimony to cut the MP needed in half, and stack M.Acc to help the debuff duration having a shorter duration. However, having a Summoner do it gives more of a debuff according to BG wiki (Twilight Cloak giving -20, vs Fenrir giving -32 with 600 skill), and it has far less of a MP requirement.
By Chimerawizard 2019-02-20 08:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Think that's -20% vs static -32. Making cloak likely more potent.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-02-21 14:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you know if tachi ageha (or any other stat ws) is doing anything

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2019-02-25 12:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a keyboard question. I'm using a wireless keyboard and mouse. Some of the keys aren't working. Escape button numeric pad for walking etc. And the mouse isn't working. I've checked batteries on both and they are fine.

Instead of the numeric pad letting me move it just types 8 7 etc. I've tried turning on and off scroll lock num lock etc already.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2019-02-25 12:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried changing the Keyboard type in the Config menu? (Full, Compact1 or Compact2)
By fonewear 2019-02-25 12:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I just restarted my computer and everything seems ok.

But for a while escape button and numeric pad didn't work.

I'm not sure what happened but it is working now.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-25 18:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, random question time.

Last night, one of my accounts crashed (not unusual) but after, only the relogged in account has sound. Quite interesting, all the other accounts have no sound now. Ever seen that one?

Logging out/in does nothing, they have to crash/shutdown to get sound back, guessing its a windower update, but how did it remove sound from accounts that were active.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-26 19:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »

Along this line, how high are enemy stats these days? DRK absorbs can typically take 22 which could make the difference between the DRK and the enemy essentially 44 (your +22 STR to their -22 VIT) and 22 for all other people fighting with you. If ilvl 119+ monsters have base stats of 300+, then obviously Impact wins, but 200 it becomes questionable vs. absorbs, and base stats of 100 absorbs would probably trump.
By Chimerawizard 2019-02-26 20:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Chimerawizard said: »

Along this line, how high are enemy stats these days? DRK absorbs can typically take 22 which could make the difference between the DRK and the enemy essentially 44 (your +22 STR to their -22 VIT) and 22 for all other people fighting with you. If ilvl 119+ monsters have base stats of 300+, then obviously Impact wins, but 200 it becomes questionable vs. absorbs, and base stats of 100 absorbs would probably trump.
Language barrier has me confused as to what 99% of the calculator means, it does however have a hidden sheet with enemy INT values at least.
展示用: 精霊・暗黒魔法ダメージ計算シート v180703b
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-26 20:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, so looking at 300-400 on most content that matters. Putting Impact at -60 to -80 in all stats.
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-02-26 20:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it actually 20% still on NMs? Has this been tested?

I ask because stats like ele-resist% is halved against the player so wondering if it would be halved against the enemy.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-02-27 02:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

yay for Nyzul Uncharted / Delve Campaigns for March!
By Pantafernando 2019-02-27 05:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember last omen campaign i had a lot of triple card drop after clearing the third floor.

Now i didnt see that so far.

Is it bad luck or there is a plus card campaign?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-02-27 05:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I remember last omen campaign i had a lot of triple card drop after clearing the third floor.

The last omen card campaign was the Plus version back in November where you had even greater chances at getting cards than regular job card campaign. Unfortunately it only ran for 8-9 days for the first half of month of XI in November
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-27 05:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Last campaign was a Plus campaign, nets more cards.

There is no luck at all in the cards system in Omen, it follows a hidden "points" system that you accrue through several means.
It's more complex than what I'm about to say but to make it simple it's something like this:

1) Main Objectives
2) Secondary Objectives
3) Kills (only happens on Ou path special floor)

As you complete objectives (or kill stuff for number 3) you gain a certain amount of hidden "points". Once those points reach a certain value you get a card and the points counter starts again.

Points of the first 2 category do not reset between runs. If you're like 90% done on a certain category, on the following Omen run you'll be still there, meaning you will need less "points" to reach the threshold at which you get a card.

Third category you accrue points by killing targets on that floor. Not sure if this specific category resets in-between runs, maybe?
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-02-27 17:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had a thought...what if the next upgrade on Ambu Weapons (or maybe the upgrade after if that would be the final) were to have the quested weapon skills when wielded in main hand gain Light/Dark SC properties?
 Bismarck.Affinty
user: Dsuza
By Bismarck.Affinty 2019-03-01 23:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, was debating where to post this question, decided to give it a shot here first:

It has to do with Game settings.

So I recently just got a new computer, and I use a TV to play FFXI on. It has been a while, but I tried to match settings the best I could as the old computer.

So right now, I have both computers hooked up to the same TV, and on the new computer all of the characters (as in players/PCs/Npcs, etc) are really skinny,. I added a couple of screen shots to see what I am talking about. From the pictures it doesn't look too bad, but it's really noticeable for me in the game.

People suggested to me it was the "Background Aspect Ratio" in "Misc. 2" but that didn't do anything.

Does anyone know where the function/setting is to "make pcs/npcs less skinny"? Is the best way to describe it.

Also, can anyone recommend and random settings to switch on/off in windower/ffxiconfig/or the game itself settings, to make the games graphics better? Since my new comp can handle a lot more than my old outdated one, so I want to take advantage of it.

Here's another totally different question:

Using a TV as a computer Monitor, makes the icons very small. I know that under "Display": "Changing the size of all items" fixes that...but then it effects games as well and makes them too big. Is there any way around this? Or perhaps a totally different way for making the computer icons/text/everything etc bigger, but keeping the game the way you set it up in windower/etc?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and help

*Edit* Looks like to post pictures they have to be hosted somewhere and these are not. Hopefully I explained it in a way that people understand what I mean and what the problem is.
First Page 2 3 ... 581 582 583 ... 834 835 836