Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 580 581 582 ... 834 835 836
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2019-02-08 12:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
If you followed dgvoodoo install instructions, you'd know that Hardware mouse needs to be turned off
windower fixed that hardware mouse bug with dgvoodoo a while ago thanks to a comment by atom0s
By Jetackuu 2019-02-08 13:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
Microsoft Edge
Why?
By Jetackuu 2019-02-08 13:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
What's the command used to show recasts in party chat?
echo?
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-02-08 14:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Sylph.Reain said: »
Microsoft Edge
Why?

Edge supports higher resolution playback than Firefox/Chrome for Netflix.
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23742

Jetackuu said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
What's the command used to show recasts in party chat?
echo?

/recast "Foe Lullaby II"
For self.

<recast="Foe Lullaby II">
For other chat modes.

You could also use
/echo <recast="Soul Voice"> <recast="Clarion Call"> <recast="Nightingale"> <recast="Troubadour"> to have everything on one line instead of /recast.
By Jetackuu 2019-02-08 14:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of moot since the vast majority of the content isn't even 1080, lol...
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2019-02-09 18:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
yes... but the astral flows will kill every trust, and you most likely. 2 bodies makes it a lot easier. either to split up the flows or one to grab it after it kills you. Or do it on pld / run.
I know it's a bit late, But thf can also one shot it with bully--> SA Rudras.
I how no idea how this mileage varies for other thieves; so I guess wait until just before astral and be sure to have buffs on so that you can self sc if it survives the first ws.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-13 17:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Are accolades accidentally being given out freely, or does it always do that when you're not in first place unity?

To specify, every single kill is giving... 96 accolades right now, for no determinable reason.

No ROEs are completing, and its every single kill rewarding 96
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-13 17:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It always does that, not sure if related to unity ranking or not.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-13 17:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think I would've noticed it giving 96 accolades every single kill for the past 8 years before @_@

I obviously don't pay hardly any attention though... so maybe

Anyone in notyoran verify they get 96 accolades every single kill without an ROE condition? Wouldn't even have noticed if I wasn't 200 from cap and needed to kill a few mobs to complete an ROE but noticed I got capped before managed to complete one.
By Pantafernando 2019-02-13 17:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way its not a bug:

Quote:
Double Unity Accolade Campaign
Unity accolade gains from completing Records of Eminence objectives and vanquishing monsters are doubled!
By Pantafernando 2019-02-13 17:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think I would've noticed it giving 96 accolades every single kill for the past 8 years before @_@

Anyone in notyoran verify they get 96 accolades every single kill without an ROE condition? Wouldn't even have noticed if I wasn't 200 from cap and needed to kill a few mobs to complete an ROE but noticed I got capped before managed to complete one.

Less than 5 years lol.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-02-13 17:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Less than 5 years lol.

Honestly, I just had a moment when I realized it's been out 4+ years now lol. It's one of those things that's awesome but you just don't fully pay attention to it because it's so good?
By NiroAL 2019-02-14 18:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone!

Given the VW Campaign is underway, I was wondering if anyone could clear up for me whether or not you need BOTH ruby AND cobalt cells to cap the drop rate for HMPs, or if you just need one or the other?

I've seen a lot of conflicting info about this. I vaguely remember a developer post saying that you only need 1 ruby cell to cap HMP drop chance, but many people both here and on reddit say to also or exclusively use cobalt.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Thanks for the clarification everyone!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-14 18:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

NiroAL said: »
Hi everyone!

Given the VW Campaign is underway, I was wondering if anyone could clear up for me whether or not you need BOTH ruby AND cobalt cells to cap the drop rate for HMPs, or if you just need one or the other?

I've seen a lot of conflicting info about this. I vaguely remember a developer post saying that you only need 1 ruby cell to cap HMP drop chance, but many people both here and on reddit say to also or exclusively use cobalt.

ruby increases QUALITY of drops. Under the campaign and abyssites, the level of ruby light is already at the level you need/want for plates/dross/cinder.

cobalt increases QUANTITY of drops. Again, under the campaign and abyssites it will be maxxed out. Outside of campaign, adding one cobalt cell is all that's needed to max it (that last bit could totally be off, I honestly don't recall all the updates over time to voidwatch).

Moral of the story: During campaign you won't need any cells. Outside of campaign, definitely a cobalt, and possibly a rubicund (there are conflicting reports on this last part for sure, some say cap ruby, some say get it to a specific level but not capped to increase plates/dross/cinder but keep other things (rare gear for example) from dropping.
[+]
By Taint 2019-02-14 18:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Hi everyone!

ruby increases QUALITY of drops. Under the campaign and abyssites, the level of ruby light is already at the level you need/want for plates/dross/cinder.

cobalt increases QUANTITY of drops. Again, under the campaign and abyssites it will be maxxed out. Outside of campaign, adding one cobalt cell is all that's needed to max it (that last bit could totally be off, I honestly don't recall all the updates over time to voidwatch).

Moral of the story: During campaign you won't need any cells. Outside of campaign, definitely a cobalt, and possibly a rubicund (there are conflicting reports on this last part for sure, some say cap ruby, some say get it to a specific level but not capped to increase plates/dross/cinder but keep other things (rare gear for example) from dropping.

I've done 1000s and 1000s and you are right.

During Campaign, farm away, no cells needed.

Outside of Campaign, use Cobalt only for Plates/Cinders/dross, assumes capped Abyssite.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-14 18:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There is really no point in not using cells. Crour is absolutely worthless, it'd be different if blinkers were still a thing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-14 18:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There is really no point in not using cells. Crour is absolutely worthless, it'd be different if blinkers were still a thing.

my only concern with using cells personally was using Rubicund and going over that supposed "sweet spot" of ruby light. Now, its only chatter that got me thinking that there was a threshold of ruby light which opened plates/dross/cinder into the pool,but you had to go higher to get pulse gear and possibly the rare craft mat (such as belladonna's sap or sealord skin). Any concrete testing/evidence ever done or found to show that this belief was bullocks or was it just "a hunch" never tested either way?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-14 19:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

TBH I've done far too many Bismarck, exclusively, and can definitely confirm that fear of getting pulse instead of dross cinder or skin is a fabrication. I've only seen one delphinius. Ever. (and the bot pulse celled it, I'm still salty)

Don't know about Porthos, Phailana and Drakaina, they're gonna end up in the box sometimes regardless.
[+]
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2019-02-17 15:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Flash nova WS description says Delivers light elemental dmg. Others say deals damage. Here you go take some of this light damage. Why thank you sir! Translation issue I take it?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-17 15:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, you mean in game it says delivers, but on bg it says deals.

They probably changed it at some point and never updated. a third of ws say deal, a third say deliver and a third just describe the effect.
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2019-02-17 18:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

In game descriptions of light weapon skills like sereph strike says deals. And flash nova says delivers.
By Bahadir 2019-02-17 19:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Hi everyone!

Unfortunately, I cant find my old post about it but I ran some stats at some point and the descriptions are misleading.
VW has two drop pools:
An NQ drop pool and a HQ drop pool.
Within the pools drop rates are fixed. Ruby increases appearance of the HQ pool. Doesnt change fixed drop rates within that pool and doesnt affect the NQ pool at all. Cobalt increases the number of drops in the NQ pool but doesnt affect the HQ pool. You can verify that with the number of drops you get vs. the number of HQ items that you get. With certain lights you always get the same number of NQ drops, unless the HQ treasure pool kicked in, which gives you additional drops.

So if you only care about HQ drops like HMP or crafting mats then you only need ruby. NPCing the NQ drops adds up quickly though so if you have the inventory space to space Id recommend using both. Outside of campaign that is.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-17 20:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have any data to back up the assertion that rates within HQ pool are fixed? SE outright stated that rubicund cells were enough to enable heavy metal pouches, which seems to imply that items unlock after increasing amounts of rubicund.

The amount of kills needed to conclusively say otherwise would be pretty obscene, even for someone heavily botting it. Would like to see the full data set, so we can draw our own conclusions from the numbers.
By Autocast 2019-02-17 23:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's my understanding that equipping +Phalanx gear when someone else casts phalanx on you (as in a trust rdm) gives you the +phalanx from the gear, correct? also on that note has any testing been done as to the potency of trust phalanx2?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-02-18 01:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
It's my understanding that equipping +Phalanx gear when someone else casts phalanx on you (as in a trust rdm) gives you the +phalanx from the gear, correct?

Yep
By geigei 2019-02-18 06:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Been soloing my stone for the last few years without cells, always parsed 5% drop rate on pouches. Pretty sure cells does nothing during campaign.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-02-18 11:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

How realistic is it to be able to complete all the nms for aeonics with 6-8 people with without nirvanas or idris?

aegis/ochain pld or non epeo run
4song ghorn brd
non idris geo
non nirv smn
non dp/forma/arma cor
???
(???)
(???)
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-02-18 11:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
How realistic is it to be able to complete all the nms for aeonics with 6-8 people with without nirvanas or idris?

aegis/ochain pld or non epeo run
4song ghorn brd
non idris geo
non nirv smn
non dp/forma/arma cor
???
(???)
(???)

rune fencer and corsair jobs are the easiest for a smn zerg.
You don't need good gear at all for those.

Its a 40s fight at most.
Rune fencer pops nm, and uses all ja's and Odyllic subterfuge.
Corsair having some bonus from ring or regal neck is plenty. don't even need greatur duration for songs.

The smn? well that is a big variable. how good are they without their mythics/Ergon?

what other gear do the NOT have?
How well can they actually follow instructions?

No one will be able to answer these very well for you. Go try and see.

Is it possible? yes. but the margin for error is smaller the poorer your gear.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-18 11:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
Very realistic, you'll need some HQ gear but nothing too expensive. For most of the NMs, you have countless options and should just go for a balanced setup with whatever jobs your players like if you're not overgearing the SMNs.

For the i150 stuff, you'll want something like:

SMN/RDM x3-4
RUN
COR
GEO

For albumen and vinipata, you'll need to add in the bard. They really don't need much besides capped skills, since their only job is to N/T sleep adds.

If someone has a mule(even same account) with access to reis/ruaun, you can use that for a COR and save a slot, otherwise you probably want that 4th smn to offset the COR needing to be in party.

None of the RMEA you mentioned really matter except idris and nirvana, and you can do fine without them. Just make sure your SMNs are otherwise solid. Bard doesn't need gjall or 4 songs either, you really only need NT sleep for the adds on albumen/vini, and you can do that basically naked.

As far as smn gear, without nirvana you'll want to at least polish off a basic set, something like:
Gridarvor/Elan Strap+1/x/Sancus Sachet+1
Apogee crown +1-B/Smn collar+1 or shulmanu / lugalbanda / gelos
af1+2 or +3 / merlinic dastanas / varar+1 / varar+1
campestres(petacc+30 petatt+20)/incarnation sash / apogee slacks+1-D / apogee pumps +1-B
is more than adequate to win these fights with 3 SMNs in a party of 6, or 4 SMNs in a party of 8. Note that all SMNs will need job master.

For everything except zerde, the strategy is:
-Prebuff at entrance with crooked 11 beast/drachen roll.
-SMNs use Akamochi or Shiromochi depending on vorseals and blessings (can get a feel for whether your SMNs need shiro or not pretty quick).
-Proceed to ???.
-Pop NM, sleep adds if applicable. GEO applies bolstered frailty, torpor, and dia2. If COR in party, they light shot dia2. During this time, smns should be assaulting ramuh and RUN should be doing flash/foil for basic amount of hate.

SMNs all astral flow, astral conduit, spam volt strike, convert when out of MP. RUN uses odyllic subterfuge as soon as SMNs astral conduit so that they do not risk avatars being amnesiaed/stunned/etc depending on NM.

NM specific notes:
Vinipata - Zzz. Will die even in phys resistant mode because blunt bonus is huge and his HP pool is garbage.
Teles - Zzz. Nothing special to note, volt strike stuns prevent all the bad moves.
Albumen - Highest DPS check, highest evasion. You can prebuff with scherzo and earthen armor in case you fail to sleep adds before mijin. This'll be the biggest test of your SMNs. Fan out in a circle around ??? before pop so you don't risk all the ramuhs being in front and getting guarded.
Schah - Second highest DPS check, but simple execution. If you can't win schah, you need better gear or better spam.
Erinys - Nothing that interesting. COR or RUN can sub smn to throw a mewing lullaby out halfway just in case it gets TP. Not really needed, should die before it TPs.
Onychophora - May not want to zerg due to absorbs. Totally harmless if one SMN alternates volt / mewing and the others spam volt without 1hrs. GEO is enough healing for an even halfway competent non-epeo RUN or non-burt PLD. Can do pretty easily with non-SMN setups too.
Warder of Courage - Easy. Medium DPS check, be quick on odyllic so avatars don't get stunned.
Kirin - Best to only use one conduit on first form, and save odyllic/other conduits for Kouryu. Steadfast tonics for kouryu. May be some risk of loss outside your control if avatars are terrored. Easy pops to get anyway, though.

Zerde is the only one that requires significant change from that setup, it can still be done with 8, but will be harder. You want a stunner for the worst moves, and 2 GEOs. Something like:
SMNx3
COR
GEO (languor torpor)
GEO (frailty malaise)
rdm/blm or sch/blm (stun tp, one of the geos should entrust focus)
run
You'll need to change your apogee to path A and otherwise try to make a workable flaming crush set. It's pretty easy to hit 99k flaming crushes, and 3 SMNs will be enough for 8 people if everything else is controlled.
First Page 2 3 ... 580 581 582 ... 834 835 836