Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 560 561 562 ... 835 836 837

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-24 03:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Pain Sync (from Omen's glassy Thinker) Breath Damage?
As such it shouldn't be possible to negate it through stuff like Elemental Sforzo, correct?
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-09-24 03:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Is Pain Sync (from Omen's glassy Thinker) Breath Damage?
As such it shouldn't be possible to negate it through stuff like Elemental Sforzo, correct?

I've absorbed the damage from Pain Sync with Warder's Charm +1, so it's def either magic or breath. I'd assume it must be Darkness element based and can be absorbed using Liement, Elemental Sforzo, and possibly even a Carol II proc, but haven't actually tested myself.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-24 04:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it's "normal" magic damage because if I recall Aegis does nothing against it? (need confirmation but I seem to recall that).

If that is right, Elemental Sforzo should do nothing against it because as far as I know it only works on Magic Damage, no matter the element, but not on Breath Damage.

Liement could totally work instead I guess, good tip on that! Afaik it works on every source of damage that is elementally alligned, with the right runes up of course.
Same should apply to Vallation and Valiance.
By DaneBlood 2018-09-24 05:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Speaking of multi-boxing any laptops, anyone have success using a laptop for 4+ dudes?

I did 4 on my old core 2 duo laptop.
but i did it with the wonder of my Project Mercury program
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/project_mercury.html

It keeps the focussed progam on aboven ormal CPU priority so you dont experience lag as much ( its pushed the the game instance you are not playing this split second)
 Asura.Misakune
user: shaociang
By Asura.Misakune 2018-09-24 06:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably been asked a million times, but..coming back and starting a new account..just curious the community's thoughts on best jobs to play for current content?

I already know GEO, COR, SMN..but aside from those 3 what are the top needed jobs for most content? I was already told BLM and SCH are a bit niche, and they were my original plan..though I keep hearing different things about what is good and bad.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2018-09-24 06:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Misakune said: »
Probably been asked a million times, but..coming back and starting a new account..just curious the community's thoughts on best jobs to play for current content?

I already know GEO, COR, SMN..but aside from those 3 what are the top needed jobs for most content? I was already told BLM and SCH are a bit niche, and they were my original plan..though I keep hearing different things about what is good and bad.

Besides the 3 GEO COR SMN, off top of my head I'd say BRD RUN WAR + SCH BLM.

Not saying all the thers jobs aren't used / asked but for sure someone with 3 jobs mastered like GEO, COR, RUN or WAR should be able to find a room in any endgame content.
By Nariont 2018-09-24 06:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD or even better in some cases RUN is always helpful, obviously whm aswell. Nukers in general are niche in a way but sch is still incredibly nice from a lowman standpoint due to its ability to self SC+MB ontop of its other perks
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-24 07:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
There are addons that make you turn away from readying of a TP move. Pain Sync is 95% avoidable using an addon.
The addon is probably very accurate (granted not 100%) on the damage YOU cause, which in the case of a tank is tipically not that much.

It doesn't help you from the damage OTHER PEOPLE cause.
If you're going with pets especially it can be a pain to sync their moves to avoid Pain Sync. Server<>client delay can sometimes be pretty harsh.

I've been killing Glassy Thinker from day 1 of Omen even pre patch, it's not that I'm struggling to kill it and was looking for solutions to overcome such a "strong foe" lol.
I was just looking for specific information about Pain Sync to help other returning friends.
If the Sforzo strategy were to work (I doubt it's the case though) you could easily zerg it at distance in under 60 seconds, making the fight absolutely trivial for any sort of player.

Without that Glassy Thinker is surely an easy fight, but one where you need to watch out carefully and cooperate a lot with your party mates.
By Foxfire 2018-09-24 07:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd just do COR really. Savage Blade, no RMEA COR can do even the current hardest content (T3 Dynamis D bosses) and parse well as well as providing buffs. Most Omen groups will sell a neck for 10M if you ask around.

SMN is almost only for making Aeonics, really. Of which COR GEO and SMN need none anyway.

GEO without Idris (which is *** blocked for 6 months) can be hard to get invites to harder content too.
Fomalhaut is a huge difference for any COR that plans on shooting, and saying otherwise is silly.

COR is a good way to get your foot in the door but the job has a high level of complexity to properly gear and this advice is not really indicative of the effort involved. Savage Blade requires a lot of gear, and a COR doing Dyna D should be able to do more than just SB.

So, in response to the original question: if you want to be a rollCOR, then get the roll gear and you can get yourself into most aeonic groups. If you want to be a good COR, you're looking at a pretty involved job.
tl;dr
Make sure you know what you get yourself into and don't aim to be a mediocre bandwagon player.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-24 07:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

COR played at its fullest I guess it's a highly demanding job in terms of required gear, more than many other jobs. So many different sets for so many different purpose going from buff related stuff, ranged stuff, melee stuff, magic accuracy stuff. Pretty painful, but in the end you gotta start from somewhere, right?

I mean we can't realistically expect a player to start COR from zero and already have every single possible necessary gearset ready.
He can start as a rollcor and can only get better from there onwards.
By Foxfire 2018-09-24 08:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, that's what I said.

I was just trying to stress the fact that just getting roll gear and a savage blade set doesn't make you a corsair that "can do even the hardest content and parses well". Just like every other job, it's much more complicated than that - especially with their relatively starved accuracy issues on the higher end (from what I remember, I'm no COR).
[+]
 Asura.Misakune
By Asura.Misakune 2018-09-24 08:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

On my old account I did the COR thing and ironically enough I was invited to be a rollcor more than anything else. I am probably not going COR on this new account. Since my main focus was going to be BLM and SCH, I'll probably level GEO since it basically needs two sets of gear in addition to all of the blm/sch gear I will already have. What I was mostly interested in knowing was what OTHER Jobs (aside from COR/GEO/SMN) were useful in most content. So it sounds like PLD, RUN, WAR. Given the amount of jobs in the game that seems painfully low. :(

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-09-24 09:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

On my old account I did the COR thing and ironically enough I was invited to be a rollcor more than anything else. I am probably not going COR on this new account. Since my main focus was going to be BLM and SCH, I'll probably level GEO since it basically needs two sets of gear in addition to all of the blm/sch gear I will already have. What I was mostly interested in knowing was what OTHER Jobs (aside from COR/GEO/SMN) were useful in most content. So it sounds like PLD, RUN, WAR. Given the amount of jobs in the game that seems painfully low. :(

Roll only/low end geared cor works IF you have existing connections already. So your friends/lsmate may take you to content and do rolls.

Without connections having roll only/minimial geared cor will not help you build them. People really really rarely take a new roll only cor to their groups and gear them up from scratch. If you try to join semi high lv content on a low end cor your rep will be ruined, makes it even harder to get invite.

People like to recommend cor from the perspective of pt organizer giving friends a leech spot, not from connection-less new players pov.

If you don't have connections, and aim to join groups as fast as possible, whm will be your best bet. Whm is not much harder to gear than low end cor, carries more weight in a group, and has higher demand across every lv. It's very possible to main heal a VD successfully on low end whm and from there you can make gil faster to gear any job.

Edit: to those who thinks SB cor is easy to gear, while it's true in pre omen era, with more wsd gears in past 1.5 years from omen and dyna D thats not quite true anymore. A new cor without af+3 relic+3 will not be competitive in terms of dps, then another guy with both will take the cor spot.
 Asura.Misakune
By Asura.Misakune 2018-09-24 09:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I have lowman, omen, and aeonic clear group connections. Beyond that it's up in the air. My COR had a mid-high end leaden salute set and I had started working on a last stand and savage blade set before I quit. TP set was good too due to BLU main. Matter of fact I am pretty sure I built based off of your saved gearsets, Afania :P

Just trying to do something different from my last account so no COR or BLU as they were my mains squeezes.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-24 10:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The question isn't whether it is easy to gear or not, but the question of how easy it is to gear comparative to other jobs. Other dds like SAM and WAR need more gil, need RMEA, etc.
And the answer is:
COR is easily one of, if not the, most demanding jobs to gear properly. A roll only COR can fill the need for samurai roll, but that's still relying on the benevolence or desperation of the person inviting them. A good COR needs much more than a savage blade setup.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-09-24 11:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

coming back and starting a new account.

Sounds like GEO and WHM are where to start at from your description. I think it's good for everyone to play WHM at some point. Gives perspective to stupid stuff people do from a healer's point of view. GEO's Ergon is locked behind Coalition assignments. Start doing them now if you plan on going all the way with it. (You can just keep flagging assignments and do them later until you've flagged them all). COR is good for versatility and resetting with Wild Card.

Bard is a good choice too in the future if whoever you're playing with doesn't do pet setups and you're willing to farm some of the REMA weapons for it.

I'd try and tag along with someone doing the Macrocosmic Orb Campaign. There will be a lot of REM's tale dropping that the person probably won't want/need. Don't think this one drops Kupon I-Seals unfortunately (someone could confirm) which makes farming empyrean armor tedious.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-24 11:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Edit: to those who thinks SB cor is easy to gear, while it's true in pre omen era, with more wsd gears in past 1.5 years from omen and dyna D thats not quite true anymore. A new cor without af+3 relic+3 will not be competitive in terms of dps, then another guy with both will take the cor spot.
The question isn't whether it is easy to gear or not, but the question of how easy it is to gear comparative to other jobs. Other dds like SAM and WAR need more gil, need RMEA, etc.

At least before wsd glitch, functional WAR wasn't much tougher to gear than savage cor imo. All you need is a Mont +1 and some nq reso set(which wasn't tough to get, except niq ring) and done.

The discussion isn't how much a cor "need", but to be competitive in the job market so leaders pick that person over another cor with better gears.

There are just way too many well geared cor in the job market atm. Its not really easy for a brand new player to compete for the slot. People keep saying "need idris for hard content" and personally I find it hard to believe a roll only or low end savage cor get ambu VD invite (from people that they dont know) easier than nq geo.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-24 11:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

In order to do Omen, Ambuscade and Dynamis D, at what point do you need more? You can do all of these as either roll only or savage blade COR.
Can you do them as easily and cheaply on another DD job or support job?
Yes, because if you set the bar low for COR, you can set the bar low for other jobs too. You definitely don't need RMEA for Omen or Ambuscade, and even Dyna-D doesn't really need them unless you want to clear w3 boss.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-24 14:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

this is just a silly head-butting argument to begin with, but COR loses a ton of potential by just having savage blade set(can't shoot weakened, can't shoot through pd, can't change to magic damage).. WAR and DRK lose extremely little from not having RMEA in most situations

that might change as auged RMEA become the norm, but as is the difference is one of perception not effectiveness
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-24 14:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
this is just a silly head-butting argument

Asura is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Shout groups. RMEA only

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-09-24 16:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Do people really reject Mont WAR DRK for wave 3 and take a cor (thats not mule nor friend) in pre omen gears with zero shooting/magic set?

I doubt It, lol. Friends or mule doesn't count.
First Page 2 3 ... 560 561 562 ... 835 836 837