Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 367 368 369 ... 834 835 836

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-04 12:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Curious if decoy shot can be used on pets? I know its been asked, but never really answered.

Never worked for me, trying it on Garuda. Same goes for Trick Attack and the like.

Trust, on the other hand, works just fine, as long as you're using one of the smarter tank trusts (Amchuchu, I choose you!)
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-05-04 14:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Curious if decoy shot can be used on pets? I know its been asked, but never really answered.

Never worked for me, trying it on Garuda. Same goes for Trick Attack and the like.

Trust, on the other hand, works just fine, as long as you're using one of the smarter tank trusts (Amchuchu, I choose you!)

Doesn't even have to be one of the smarter trusts. I SATA'd the crap out of a Qultada last night, he died before the PLD could get the mob's attention again.

In my defense, it was a complete accident. I was trying to SATA the GEO.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-05-06 17:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure they're all soloable with the right job, but the few ones that would probably be a pain or near the time limit are Ircinraq, Hyoscya, Ironbeak Inguza, Podarge and Cherti. With some bad luck, Calydontis could be annoying also, but he can play nice if he wants to.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-08 14:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anything special about Camahueto unity buffalo NM? I want those cure feet but can't find any info on wiki.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-08 15:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Is there anything special about Camahueto unity buffalo NM? I want those cure feet but can't find any info on wiki.
For one thing, he hits very hard, so melees would want to sub NIN. Highly evasive, about as much so as Vedrfolnir. At some points, he'll go into a magic attack mode, where he uses Snort in place of regular attacks (wind damage, directional, knockback, ignores shadows). Been a while since I've fight him so I forget any other details. Has a !! proc that I never quite figured out, but I believe is triggered by WSing, possibly when he was mid-WS or mid-Snort? Anyway, good luck.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-09 02:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Asura.Vinedrius said: »
For one thing, he hits very hard, so melees would want to sub NIN. Highly evasive, about as much so as Vedrfolnir. At some points, he'll go into a magic attack mode, where he uses Snort in place of regular attacks (wind damage, directional, knockback, ignores shadows). Been a while since I've fight him so I forget any other details. Has a !! proc that I never quite figured out, but I believe is triggered by WSing, possibly when he was mid-WS or mid-Snort? Anyway, good luck.

Thanks for info. The hardest part is finding people to do this rather than the NM itself :/
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-05-09 13:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

how do i post pictures from my pc to forums?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-05-09 14:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
how do i post pictures from my pc to forums?

I first upload it. i use photobuckets.

Once uploaded, your picture receive an internet address, that you can see by using show picture with right click.

Copy the address, and use [ img]address[ /img]. (Without the space i left purposelly).

Alternativelly, you can use any picture from google image, by selecting vizualize image and copying the address. For example, i got this: http://ff-rk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/rinoa.jpg

Then [ img]http://ff-rk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/rinoa.jpg[/ img]

[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-05-11 11:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
So am I doing something wrong or can Monisette only work on one AF reforge at a time?

Yeah, only one at a time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2015-05-12 01:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Adoulin have weather reporters?
By Nyruul 2015-05-12 03:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bald Hume named Inthius Eastern Adoulin(F-9) North of the Scouts' Coalition.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-05-12 16:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to augment my Taeon gear with +acc/attk and get perfect or near perfect stats. What stones are the most cost effective for this process? NQ, +1, +2?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-12 21:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Another trick is have multiple pieces of gear. If you get a great aug on the leaf, but it's not what you're looking for, send it to your other (same POL account) characters or use it. Then you don't waste those max augs and it's pretty easy to get more gear. Only after you have the leaf you want on it would I start on dusk or snow.
Can't send any augmented gear between characters on the same account, but can send the unaugmented versions if you want to collect them.

There's no trick to augmenting gear, it's just luck, and knowing ahead which augments you're shooting for (as to not waste stones expecting things that can't happen). I personally base stone quality on how badly I want good augments on a piece of gear. For great to perfect stats without breaking bank, +1 might be best due to the fact that while +2 will reliably have higher values, you're just as likely as lower quality stones to get the wrong stat altogether.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-05-12 22:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got any solo tips for Sinna on BST? I popped it, did Ruin > Frenzy then snarled it onto my pet and set it to stay, turned to put shadows back up and it turns round and hits me. Casting utsusemi is more hate than doing a skillchain with my pet?

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Nyruul
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nyruul
By Quetzalcoatl.Nyruul 2015-05-13 01:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Looking to augment my Taeon gear with +acc/attk and get perfect or near perfect stats. What stones are the most cost effective for this process? NQ, +1, +2?

The best way to get max augs is with +2s and you don't have to be rich. All you have to do is actually do the content and sell off the stone types you don't use. Believe it or not, it is profitable as well. It will cover costs and fund more. Split rule is lame, who ever makes the pop should get +2 drops. IMO it really works out best for everyone that way. No leaches should get lots on +2 falls. Or ppl who bring a 221 when others have brought much higher tier pops. I make runs with this rule all the time and most the time I'm the only one making pops still. Doing mostly 333s is the best/safest way.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-05-13 01:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

During the "Additional Seal Battlefield Spoils Campaign", I have my eyes set on gearing some of abyssea gear for my mule. So does anyone know which Battlefield is duo'ble on THF(or mnk) & BRD? Keep in mind need zones that drop koupons for the +1 upgrade and +2 drops.

Thanks in advance.
By Draylo 2015-05-13 01:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

All of them are but your best bet is doing Turassic Park (30 High Kindred Crest, Zia Orb) in Ule Range. There are 5 Minotaurs and you can get 1 kupon per mob so 5 per fight, sometimes you get sea kupons instead though. You also get a lot of +2 items for upgrade. The only annoying part is that they spam doom constantly so either have your brd spamming cursna or go a magic DD job.

Quote:
Mostly a Gearswap question, but was wondering if anyone had some simple Elemental/Offensive magic loops they use for skilling up offensive skills?

People have been getting banned a lot lately for afk play, I wouldn't do this at all at this point anymore. Just farm sparks and spend them on books, or shout to buy other peoples books.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-05-13 02:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Quote:
Mostly a Gearswap question, but was wondering if anyone had some simple Elemental/Offensive magic loops they use for skilling up offensive skills?

People have been getting banned a lot lately for afk play, I wouldn't do this at all at this point anymore. Just farm sparks and spend them on books, or shout to buy other peoples books.

Well if you are going to loop a skill up script these days keep 2 things in mind. Most importantly don't make the casts consistent in your script. Much better off taking the time to make a really long script with humanly inconsistent waits and an irregular pattern so it is less obvious. Also you should probably do it when you will be at home awake and around the computer just to keep an eye and maybe throw some LS chat in here and there. Another thing is they seem to keep an eye for botting/scripting around reives and a lot of SoA areas.

Post deleted by User.
By Nyruul 2015-05-13 06:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

In Gustav Tunnel @ I-11 there are lvl 100-105 worms called Boulder Eaters. Wear skill up and magic acc/skill gear exclusively. No MAB or MD. Keep them silenced and stay out of range. For elemental cast choke, rasp, frost, burn, etc. You can cast whatever enfeebles and dark magic you want really. I would suggest RDM for refresh 2 and convert(recast merits.)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 367 368 369 ... 834 835 836