Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 364 365 366 ... 836 837 838
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-04-24 08:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone please explain to me the basics of Gearswap? I have no idea how it works. How do I swap sets and what are keybinds?
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lonoha
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2015-04-24 16:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Which would you say is best for farming Marduk 45 legs: SSR2 or BR2?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-24 23:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bhaflau 2 is easier, at least for most jobs since the Dvergr boss has impressive magic accuracy (even at 119) and casts at a very high frequency/speed. This is more significant if he uses his WSs that add things like Curse, Paralyze, Magic Def down, etc.

Bear in mind that the Cerberus/Othruses gain a significant PDT boost if you don't do any magic damage (or Requiescat), so be prepared to deal some manner of magic damage to win. BLU mows them down, and /RUN for many jobs helps a lot, though you'll need some self-healing too, so bear that in mind.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2015-04-25 13:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How many people do you need to kill Beist? the dragon unity nm

I cant find any info
By Draylo 2015-04-26 02:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You really don't need more than 6 for any of the UNM's. Beist I haven't done yet but he is probably not bad, probably some kind of curse gimmick that you can divine caress cursna to deal w/
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-04-26 03:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst thing he does is ~3k damage AoE Body Slam. I'd recommend NIN or /NIN for DDs since his auto attacks do quite a bit of damage as well. Also, he doesn't use Chaos Blade (heavy Curse) from what I've experienced. He also has a decent intimidation rate on players. Overall it's not too bad, I'd say WHM BRD NIN is minimum you could do it with.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-04-26 08:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

After killing WKR's last night due to acquiring bonus CP%. Do I get it automatically or do I have to start something or talk to an NPC?
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-04-26 08:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
How many people do you need to kill Beist? the dragon unity nm

I cant find any info

Just log on before I go zzzz and we'll trio it wanker!
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2015-04-26 09:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
After killing WKR's last night due to acquiring bonus CP%. Do I get it automatically or do I have to start something or talk to an NPC?
I'm wondering this too, the first time completion for doing lair/colonization reives says something about 1% cp bonus?
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-04-26 12:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If the RoE quest is cleared you gain it immediately.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-26 22:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Is it true that you only receive experience for 8 kills at once in Abyssea? I heard that somewhere but it seemed weird to me. I'm in Abyssea in a raptor party a lot today but sometimes people will bring in 12 raptors at once and we kill it, and the records of eminence will count every kill but my log will only show between 2-7 exp gain messages from those 12 kills.

I've also heard people say you can get 1.3 million exp an hour in Abyssea but how is that possible, as we can keep the raptor camp on spawn and only get 350k with everything capped.
I wouldn't kow about 1.3m/hour exp, but the rest is pretty much what I recall about abyssea exp. 8 simultaneous kill limit. But that's only for abyssea. In normal zones you can kill 30 mobs in one ws and get exp for all of them.

Regarding the log msgs, the game seems to have display issues when too much stuff happens simultaneously. When killing a 28 mob pull all on the same ws, I usually only got 2~3 exp msgs.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-04-26 22:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's always been that way. It worked for low level SMN burns because you had tons of mobs in the pull with varying HP. Factor in resists and you rarely lost out on much EXP. Abyssean cleave parties made it more noticeable, but it was/is offset somewhat by chests and the sheer EXP/hr of a good Abyssea party.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-26 22:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I just had a BLU tell me that's a myth in my party. He said it doesn't show in the log, but will show in your bar. He pulled 11 raptors and I get 600exp for each, and I got 6600 exp so I guess he's right.
And all 11 mobs died from the same attack?

If so, well. it contradicts what I recall, but it's not as if I've tested in abyssea recently. <,<

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-26 22:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I tested the cap burning on BLU in Abby, checked exp before and after the pull, burned them all down to about 15%, counted and killed them all at once and checked exp after. The log only displayed 12 kills but I got the exp for all 16 based on the exp per kill in the log.

I'm guessing it's just a display cap, you do indeed get the exp for all of them. That's as of like 95 cap, but I doubt they've changed anything.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-26 22:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

While I don't have any recent exp in abyssea, I have done some mass cleaving recently in adoulin zones. And I can confidently attest that you get exp/cp credit for more than 8 simultaneous kills.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-28 04:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So just got a 3 day ban today, sucks, how can I tell if it's temp or perma? For the record I suspect it's probably for movement speed hacking, although I recently clipped through ***in abyssea-attowha because...*** that zone.

It would suck if I got perma on my first ban especially considering all the other more blatant botting that has happened in recent history but I can't really complain, it's like a burglar complaining about being caught when there are murderers on the loose.

So I'm at work right now, is there a way to find out what ban I have or will I only find out later?
By Pantafernando 2015-04-28 04:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
So just got a 3 day ban today, sucks, how can I tell if it's temp or perma? For the record I suspect it's probably for movement speed hacking, although I recently clipped through ***in abyssea-attowha because...*** that zone.

It would suck if I got perma on my first ban especially considering all the other more blatant botting that has happened in recent history but I can't really complain, it's like a burglar complaining about being caught when there are murderers on the loose.

So I'm at work right now, is there a way to find out what ban I have or will I only find out later?

If its 3 days that means its temp.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-28 04:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »

If its 3 days that means its temp.
Thanks, I hope that's the case, as much as it pains me, I'm gonna have to stop using clipper and run at 0% extra movement speed so my mule can keep up.
 Leviathan.Tsoi
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsoi
By Leviathan.Tsoi 2015-04-28 12:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Corsair roll increase CP? Cause I've been using the Corsair Trust and see real results..
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-28 12:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tsoi said: »
Does Corsair roll increase CP? Cause I've been using the Corsair Trust and see real results..

When CP was introduced, it initially did not, but it was fixed and now does.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2015-04-28 14:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there dats out there still that might Avatar not glow to stop lag?
First Page 2 3 ... 364 365 366 ... 836 837 838