Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 841 842 843

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-11-26 18:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

2% faster but has no effect on recast timer.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2012-11-28 04:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Asura.Chexmix said: »
Its been posted on the windower forums too no fix for it last I looked though :|
Before I re-installed on my computer, I had it working with both, that is what is frustrating.

Someone found a fix, tried it works for me. Hopefully fixes it for you and any others as well.

http://forums.windower.net/topic/21608-statustimer-crashes-ffxi-with-new-resources/page__view__findpost__p__217428
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-11-28 05:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Its been posted on the windower forums too no fix for it last I looked though :|
Before I re-installed on my computer, I had it working with both, that is what is frustrating.

Someone found a fix, tried it works for me. Hopefully fixes it for you and any others as well.

http://forums.windower.net/topic/21608-statustimer-crashes-ffxi-with-new-resources/page__view__findpost__p__217428
Yep, it works now, thanks!
 Asura.Kresaera
Server: Asura
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2012-11-28 06:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone help me with installing ffxiview on the steam version of ffxi? I can't seem to get it to work.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-28 07:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought the download version of ffxi off one of the sites SE recommended on their site but some stuff just doesnt work right. Doors are some times just black, some scenery in cses turn gray at certain times and the edges of avatars are all pixelated. Most of its small stuff and its just for mule but I went in to ro'meave with her and the whole entrance wall grayed out. Anyone know whats gone wrong or how to fix it?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-11-30 00:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's been asked a few times but I don't really want to search backwards to find it. What's a good Strategy & Ally Build for Botulus Rex?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-11-30 00:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

1) WAR, DRK, DD, COR, BRD, WHM
2) WAR, DRK, DD, COR, BRD, WHM
3) BLM x3, COR, SMN, NIN

Make sure your DDs are good and your WARs have Tomahawk merited.

With some adjustments to party 3, this setup can be used against any Voidwatch NM and in Legion.

Legion) SCH/BLM x3, PLD, THF, WHM (or RDM, or something)
Provenance) SCH/BLM x2, BLM x2, THF/NIN, SMN (or another proc job)
Any other VWNM) BLM x2, NIN, 3 other proc jobs
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-11-30 07:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If a SCH/BLM with 270 skill is skilling in abyssea, do you need 200~300 food, or the 300~400 food, if using Dark Arts (370 skill while active)?

Also, on that note, looking to maximize a SCH/BLM stun build for stuff like legion or Meebles(assuming a SCH/BLM stun spam would be good for some bosses?)

This is what I have to work with/will have within short amount of time. Still need the staff/pants/feet, and earring (AH kinda rare).

Would Dark Skill+3 grip be better then Thunder Grip(acc+2), and would hasty pinion's haste+1% beat out impatient's Occ. Quick Cast?

Are Avesta's Bangles the only hands with Dark skill, that SCH can equip? If so any good replacements til/if I can obtain those?

Edit: durp the first part, switching to BLM/SCH to skill up instead >_>
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-30 07:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Stun stuff in spoiler

Answering your questions: I would use the haste grip off of uptala, if you don't have it the drk grip is better than magic acc. I would use hastey pinion or incantor's stone instead of impatens if alacrity. Without alacrity its about even. Magavan mittens or repartie gloves, don't worry about avesta's.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-11-30 08:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I assumed the Legion-esque mobs would've required high dark skill, and or Macc as you could probably tell by my set lol. Meebles would probably just be Haste/Fast Cast, I'd guess?
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-30 08:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Meebles is probably safe to just go for haste/fast cast, but the only mob I use /blm on is the Ig-alima. The above set is more than enough haste/FC to solo stun everything with embrava/haste w/ tabula up.

I actually just edited my post (and the sch guide a little). It now includes:

This is the set I currently use for almost every event. It has a very short recast, and reliable acc on everything I've fought to date:
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-11-30 08:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the help on SCH sets :3
 Shiva.Trixan
Server: Shiva
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2012-11-30 08:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty dedicated to both blue Mage and summoner but blue Mage has always been my favorite job. What would be a better investment tizona or nirvana?
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-30 08:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

NP! It is probably my favorite thing to do on this site!
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-30 08:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Trixan said: »
I'm pretty dedicated to both blue Mage and summoner but blue Mage has always been my favorite job. What would be a better investment tizona or nirvana?
Tizona or maybe 99 almace if you don't have it? I don't know blue. The point I'm trying to make is that if your going to put in a huge investment, probably best to do it on the job you like the most.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-11-30 17:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
1) WAR, DRK, DD, COR, BRD, WHM
2) WAR, DRK, DD, COR, BRD, WHM
3) BLM x3, COR, SMN, NIN

Make sure your DDs are good and your WARs have Tomahawk merited.

With some adjustments to party 3, this setup can be used against any Voidwatch NM and in Legion.

Legion) SCH/BLM x3, PLD, THF, WHM (or RDM, or something)
Provenance) SCH/BLM x2, BLM x2, THF/NIN, SMN (or another proc job)
Any other VWNM) BLM x2, NIN, 3 other proc jobs

Aside from the obvious "Fool's Drink when it chainspells", what about the whole SAM Light Skillchain right when you pop it? Necessary or meh?
By Gimp 2012-11-30 17:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Trixan said: »

What would you plan to do once you get those weapons and how much do you think it would really impact/improve your gameplay to consider investing the serious amount of money into making it?

And how much gratification do you have playing blu or smn that you feel would be enhanced greatly by having a mythic?
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-30 23:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a character that has never initiated a Moblin Maze Mongers maze before, how do you begin to acquire C.C. points? My mule has a Maze Tabula R02 in order to reset 2 hours for friends, but after holding on to this thing for a couple weeks, I went to go use it and noticed that he still has no C.C. points
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-01 00:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you need to take it into a maze once to start the timer
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-01 00:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm that you have to order a maze before it starts generating points. So if you just have the tabula but never used it, then you shouldn't have gotten any points. It's like a day and some before you get a single point and then a point every 8 hours or so?

Ugh... Reminds me of when I got my Kogglemander... /shudder.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-01 05:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys. I actually had a LS member link me the same info at the same time I read these replies. Now I wish I had taken the 30 sec to order a maze on my mule a couple weeks ago lol
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-12-01 06:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Are Shock, Thunder-helix, and BRD thunder based threnody the only 3 thunder affinity debuffs you can use for building the thunder Macc Magian staff (kill while thunder-ailment present)?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-01 07:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Absorb MND and Defense down also work. Iirc, you can Manifestation Absorb-MND or something?

I just had a BLU cast Enervation right before we -aga'd.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-01 07:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

(Magic defense down, the defense down portion is wind based)

Presumably, death blossom would work too, since MEVA down is thunder based apparently, but yeah lol.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-12-01 08:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know about the enervation part, gonna try that. Thanks. \o
 Shiva.Trixan
Server: Shiva
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2012-12-01 10:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any fast cast pieces summoner can use besides loq earring, anhur robe and nares hat?
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-12-01 10:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Marduk Jubbah (incase you meant another body), as well as Marduk set, and Rubeus Set also has Fast Cast. Repartie Gloves/Magavan Mitts for hands. Rostrum Pumps(lol), or Chelona Boots(+1) for feet. Prolix Ring for ring, and Swith Cape(+1) for back.

Edit: also meebles neck Orunmila's Torque.
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 841 842 843