First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-11 14:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
*Shrugs.* Whatever I guess. lol
Maybe it's due to working in a professional setting as opposed to someone who's working at the local Wal-Mart.

Weren't you the one talking about maturity? Not that mature to assume everyone debating this topic with you works at the local Wal-Mart.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-11 14:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
No matter how "professional" your place is, theres gonna be some punk *** like this. I bet if you looked hard enough or found the right department, you could find a few of these people.

Ask around the offices, I'm sure supervisors have plenty of stories to tell.

Not only that, but in more "professional" settings, people tend to be a hell of a lot more cut-throat then not. My sister-in-law got a promotion in her professional job (She's a Health Insuarance Account Admin) and the peeps that didn't get it were LIVID pissed. She heard some pretty nasty ***...

Our Business Account Reps at my last job (the most "professional" peeps in the place) were the ones talking about burning peoples houses down because they canceled big orders on them or defaulted on their credit line. They were on commission, too...so tempers flared up a LOT.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-11 14:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I assume something? I made a guess from personal experience. Every professional setting I've been in, my co-workers and myself have held ourselves to higher standards.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-11 14:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I work at an engineering firm.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-11 14:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
I work at an engineering firm.

Ok, I know peeps in your place have to be wishing suffering on people sometimes. A good friend of mine works in an Electrical Engineering Firm and, with all the back and forth, changing their mind *** from their clients, they talk about wanting to stab people all the time LOL

Just not to their face obviously ^^
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-11 14:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

O.oa O..k... *Shrugs.* If I ever have any changes on a project, I change them w/o any ill-will toward the person making the changes. I'd rather have the project succeed and get the job done with the most efficiency. At the end of the day, I'm being paid for working here and it doesn't matter if I'm designing something from scratch or making changes to a design.

Yeah, we don't ever have any issues with people not wanting to cooperate. Fortunately we have a great team and everyone brings very valuable insight and experience to the table.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-11 14:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, yeah, obviously he get's the job done efficiently and correctly (I would assume, he's been there for years), but I dunno, I don't see anything wrong with stopping for a second and muttering under your breath about it. It's what keeps people sane.

You don't have to work in a professional setting to be a little frustrated when you get a project close to completion to have to keep changing it constantly. It's natural for us to want to actually finish a task. In FFXI terms, it's why I hate fighting Moonfang Warriors, the SOB's never freaking die. Same exp either way, but it's nice to actually kill them...
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-05-11 14:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen that clip before, and I'll state my opinion again. While RMT is generally frowned upon, few of you I would imagine feel as strongly. That's ok, I just have no mercy for people who get in the way of my games. It's only a game, but hey, I'm a gamer.

RMT, brokers, and buyers are all subhuman garbage. They do not deserve human rights, or even the right to exist. Any death I could render to them would be far too much of a privilege. While life is too good for them, as well, I suppose the most fitting punishment would be for them to live their lives each day praying for death, but to never have it come.

Don't **** with my games.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-11 14:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm.. When I worked in a call-center doing dial-up/DSL tech support the only things I heard from co-workers or myself was talk about how stupid a customer was. lol Never any threats though.

ID-10-T error anyone?
 Sylph.Dubberrucky
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dubberrucky 2009-05-11 14:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Jile said:
Jesus some of these people posting on this thread must be living under a rock or don't play this game enough to be posting here like they know what they're talking about.

RMT is a disease, an infection that drives, controls and effects every real FFXI player's "lives".

Please don't try and convince us that somehow RMT should be ignored while we get our 25 /tell's a day from brogame *** with their coupon code.

Or when a group of taru blm's with lvl1 armor and weapons try to take over your camp, you can move your party but I'll report them for suspected RMT activity.

Farming, crafting, PT'ing - the RMT infect area's needed for honest players.

So the RMT loving (likely previous gil buying people) need to find somewhere else to get patted on the back for their "good job". While they like their cheating tools and hacks, etc - we know them to be soulless scum that needs banned on sight.

I would love for them to start showing up on the boat in Mhara again - charm/leave is ready and waiting for them to return.

I agree so much I really wish they could just give the gil buyers and RMT their own server and lock them all away on it like the red headed stepchildren they are. They get to have their retard version of FFXI, The RMT get to make money off of something that isnt actually theirs, and we get to be rid of them both. everyone happy :)
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-11 14:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Call centers are a perfect example I think of the "muttering under your breath" kinds of people. No offense if you work in a call center :D

Basically you have a set amount of calls you need to get per day to be considered "on par". If you get below that number you'll get a talking to/warning. If that below average trend occurs and you cant get it up(haha), they'll easily just replace you with someone new.

Moral of the story: people are more likely to *** about everything/everyone else before they realize they are not doing enough, for whatever reason.

Well, see, that mentailty from the "higher ups" in call centers is why people don't ever wanna have to call phone support. Everyone's got a quota they need to make, has an upper limit on how long a call should last...but the customer is a big unknown. So how do the employees handle it? *** the customer (ISPs are great for this), transfer them around constantly (healthcare and insurance is great for this), or accidently "disconnect" you (Verizon's done this to me a few times).

My dad works as a Health Insurance Rep. and gets ***from time to time because he takes too long on calls. However, his satisfaction rating from the callers is among the top in his department of 100+ people. Of course, *** customer satisfaction...you gotta keep answering those phones, even if the customer is pissed off at the end!

Stupid mentality, and why Service industries fail so hard here. What ever happened to taking care of the customer?
 Sylph.Dubberrucky
By Sylph.Dubberrucky 2009-05-11 14:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Tbest said:
*Shrugs.* Whatever I guess. lol
Maybe it's due to working in a professional setting as opposed to someone who's working at the local Wal-Mart.

People I know that work in offices and such actually do that ***MORE then people that don't...because in retail, you never know if someone is a lunatic ex-con and will actually hunt you down.

LMAO as someone who has worked in both. office work is 100X worse on this than retail/resteraunts/ any other job this elitest looks down on honest people for working.
 Sylph.Dubberrucky
By Sylph.Dubberrucky 2009-05-11 14:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shindo said:
I've seen that clip before, and I'll state my opinion again. While RMT is generally frowned upon, few of you I would imagine feel as strongly. That's ok, I just have no mercy for people who get in the way of my games. It's only a game, but hey, I'm a gamer.

RMT, brokers, and buyers are all subhuman garbage. They do not deserve human rights, or even the right to exist. Any death I could render to them would be far too much of a privilege. While life is too good for them, as well, I suppose the most fitting punishment would be for them to live their lives each day praying for death, but to never have it come.

Don't **** with my games.

LMAO YES! I know reality, dont f**ck with the fantasy!!
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-11 14:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

O.oa Are you 'assuming' I'm an elitist and somehow not an "honest person working"?
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-11 14:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread needs to die.
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-11 14:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

*** THIS THREADS COUCH
User submitted image
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-11 14:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama said:
*** THIS THREADS COUCH
User submitted image

LOL
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-11 15:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

nice new avatar
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-11 15:01:31
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

In my opinion, everyone has a choice as to what line of business you get involved with. Once you're in you forfeit your right to *** and moan or complain about the situations and circumstances that come with it.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-11 15:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
O.oa Are you 'assuming' I'm an elitist and somehow not an "honest person working"?

Yes.
You are coming out in everyway as an elitist.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-11 15:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Tbest said:

Yes.
You are coming out in everyway as an elitist.
 Sylph.Dubberrucky
By Sylph.Dubberrucky 2009-05-11 15:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:

yup everything that dribbles out of your mouth has lead to that conclusion. Please, give me reason to believe I am wrong about you I would be very happy to see it honestly. Lol either that or you just like to derail threads and see how many people you can get to argue with you.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-11 15:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I work in a professional setting and hold myself to high standards? Interesting.

Artemicion said:
Once you're in you forfeit your right to *** and moan or complain about the situations and circumstances that come with it.

Oddly enough.. I agree with Artemicion on this one. I know, it shocked me too. You have the ability to change where you work. I think that a big part of this is a person's attitude toward it though.

And for the "honest day's work" part.. lol I'll give you the list of my many types of jobs...
Farm work
Concrete
Technical Support
Masonry
Convenience Store
Framing
Roofing
Factory
Warehouse
Target
Engineering Firm
 Kujata.Houshisama