users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Aht Urhgan Kings
Aht Urhgan Kings
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Agentblade 2013-12-23 20:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently camping Gulool on sylph and working on Medusa / Gulfurlur aswell. If anyone else is camping or has any new info not mentioned in this thread, please share! thanks.

*Edit: All 3 not up as of dec 23. 2013 9pm est.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-12-23 20:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm camping! Well, I need Medusa and Gulool Ja.
By Jeubond 2014-01-03 06:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir
Medusa - ToD New Year's Eve [approx 4.30/16.30 gmt]

For some unknown reason I went to check on Medusa after logging in that day & blow me down with a feather saw her on wide-scan !
I'm also after Gulool & was hoping to report a double hence the delay in writing but as of today no luck . . . ;;
I asked a ls member to do a /yell so that if anyone else on needed her they had the opportunity, glad to say 2 players also after her replied & got the title so well worth shouting before you go in.
TTFN !
Jon :)

PS. Anyone on Fenrir 3.00/15.00 - 10.00/22.00pm also working on a mythic, AA or anything fun & wants to team-up please PM or let me know in-game.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Mithradee
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mithradee
By Lakshmi.Mithradee 2014-01-03 09:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Posted this awhile before in another thread about them.

Someone told me this is how it works and it worked for me first time I checked. He said It spawns at besieged 2 or 3 and despawns at 5 or 6 if I am remembering correctly. (Mamool)

So I waited for besieged and went down there at besieged level 3. Headed out at 2 and that is when I got there. Had my mule there for almost a week and never saw the spot move which makes me think he popped and depopped without ever moving, then was killed in besieged.

Another person had been afk there when I started fighting and came back when it started doing actions so assuming he had a alarm set up to its actions. I am not completely sure if this 100% true or not but it did work for me and apparently for the person that told me. If it is that way and he never does a action when idle then unless you are there to see him you would just assume he never spawned. Unless you parked right where he spawns so you die when he does I guess. Like I said I do not know if this is actually how it works or not but figure others still camping it can check and see if it is accurate or was just dumb luck for us.
By Vafruvant 2014-01-07 23:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been camping Medusa for two days now, and the party I'm here with has been here for 10. They have been taking shifts watching the room and she has never spawned. We had a Lv8 Undead Swarm today and she never appeared, nor had a CS in the city. It is a very frustrating process, to say the least.
 Asura.Velderin
Server: Asura
user: JunkyFX
By Asura.Velderin 2014-01-11 20:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate Medusa....
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Iambatman
By Lakshmi.Iambatman 2014-02-10 13:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura if anyone is camping the ToAu kingshit me up here or in game (Wonderousgoat).
I still need all 3 kills, these are a pain in the ***!
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-02-10 13:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Velderin said: »
I hate Medusa....
Took me 6 days of camping till she finally popped. Funny thing was, on the 6th day the last 5 seconds I was about to log out, she pops! Typical. I barely cancelled the log out and got win. Thank goodness that was over. I didn't know if I could've taken more days of camping and doing nothing but watching.
 Valefor.Oxt
Server: Valefor
user: oxt77
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-10 13:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Last week the development team reminded everyone that changes are still coming for these mobs. They'll be making an announcement at a later time as to specific adjustments.

Source
By caerigna 2014-02-26 06:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Gurfurlur Sylph Tod: 4:15am pst

Troll Mercs @ lv 0, Enemy Forces @ 54
no besieged for most of a day if not more