Forum » FFXI » NMs » Aht Urhgan Kings
Aht Urhgan Kings
First Page 2 3
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-02 08:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Any info on helping to keep these things from not being up for weeks/months/OMG FOREVER amounts of time? If done properly (if they attend beseiged) and with a co-ordinated group, you could kill the other NMs and force them to leave before the King is defeated?

Another note: could the King NM be held outside Al Zahbi, as in pulled while they are running to the besieged? Or will the NM just Cactrot Rapido you and keep on running?

I know a few people seemingly have troubles finding these up, and since I'm on a quest to help someone with the mythic myself so any information I find would be helpful :3.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-02 08:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloody Gulool is never at home!!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-02 09:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

~mfw we did all 3 over the last 2 weeks and I specifically told you we were doing it.

We did gurfurlur last night about 10-11 pm (pump did anyhow). Medusa was sunday afternoon and gulool JAJAJAJAJAJA was a while ago. Not that any of that will help you because their TODs are sporatic.

Pump and I would just farm up a key set and stick one of us out there until it popped (gurfurlurrrlurr is a little trickier to get to). You luckily have a couple dozen mules that you can easily station about.
 Phoenix.Lucasta
Server: Phoenix
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2012-02-02 09:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

have had a mule at Gulool Ja Ja for over 72 hours now.... camped from 4hours prior to a mamoolja besieged and did not pop at all from the end of that besiege to the beginning of the next mamoolja attack. This is just getting stupid.... Have seen two other groups come in looking for it. this *** doesnt exist anymore.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-02 09:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
~mfw we did all 3 over the last 2 weeks and I specifically told you we were doing it.

Good thing you let Chaos, who needs them, and is online lots more than me know amirite? D:

>>mfw you told me that

>>mfw I have no face
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-02 09:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said: »
Good thing you let Chaos, who needs them, and is online lots more than me know amirite? D: >>mfw you told me that >>mfw I have no face

I did :| She doesn't remember conversations we had literally the day before so I told you about it after her T.T
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-02 09:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

lol apparently, she didnt tell me you told her >.>

she says she seriously doesnt remember it at all x:
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-02 09:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd just stick pies or something out there. If you wanna use Mouwn I can hook you up with that info (but you gotta pay the fees lol).
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-02 09:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaos told me she's going to make conqueror and then bravura just to laugh at you :|
 Ragnarok.Stiel
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-02-02 09:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i heard they have 3-7 days repop,and if you kill em n besieged they not gonna be up @ home,could be wrong tho,but i think main reason they not there,is because they get killed in besieged,and the repop start from there as well,so you basically should be lucky enogh that he repopped and you caught him before he goes to a besy.
btw me and a few friends need gulool as well,have keys ready,if anyone find him up let me kno,we can do it togheter ^^
 Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo
user: shimey
By Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo 2012-02-02 10:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just give me your Alexandrite and I'll help :-p Hehe...

If i'm free poke me or has Ash or Chaos.. If you need an extra body that is...

I got lucky when i did mine, all 3 were up a couple days apart while an LSmate is still having issues finding one (cant remember which one)

I dont have a clue on the respawn time.. i've heard 48hrs i've heard once a campaign tally... I have no clue..
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-02 10:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I may or may not still have a full popset im willing to donate for Medusa.... I'll have to look.

As far as TOD, no idea. We spent 2 weeks checking on all 3 and it took us that long to nail them all down.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-02 10:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaos going for the weapon, so it'll be her lol. And we have 1 medusa popset but thats it so far T_T. Also any idea on the holding Bosses outside of Al Zahbi zone thing working or not?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-02 10:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaos going for the weapon, so it'll be her lol. And we have 1 medusa popset but thats it so far T_T. Also any idea on the holding Bosses outside of Al Zahbi zone thing working or not?

In theory it would. If you don't kill her in the hour before besieged ends. The thing is that she will not advance with besieged forces unless she was already up in arrapago. If you watch her lair you'll know when she's up long before besieged.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-02 10:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory it would. If you don't kill her in the hour before besieged ends. The thing is that she will not advance with besieged forces unless she was already up in arrapago. If you watch her lair you'll know when she's up long before besieged.

Yeah, but with us doing stuff every day (salvage @ morning, dyna during day for her, and then events @ night) we cant really leave mules there long enough to check, but we can widescan them though right?

oh, and thats also cause Kies is deactivated and i have no plans to co-ordinate paying for the char lol T_T
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-02-02 10:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How many people for Gulool at 99?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-02 10:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but with us doing stuff every day (salvage @ morning, dyna during day for her, and then events @ night) we cant really leave mules there long enough to check, but we can widescan them though right? oh, and thats also cause Kies is deactivated and i have no plans to co-ordinate paying for the char lol T_T

Widescan sometimes works. They can be too far away in some cases, and I've heard that sometimes they can be pushed out of widescan due to the sheer number of mobs (no idea if thats true or not). We always just busted the door down and physically checked. Farming keys is nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be. I farmed a half dozen medusa keys and after we relocated to the northern edge of the map for qutrubs the claw keys came easily.

Ragnarok.Stiel said: »
i heard they have 3-7 days repop,and if you kill em n besieged they not gonna be up @ home,could be wrong tho,but i think main reason they not there,is because they get killed in besieged,and the repop start from there as well,so you basically should be lucky enogh that he repopped and you caught him before he goes to a besy. btw me and a few friends need gulool as well,have keys ready,if anyone find him up let me kno,we can do it togheter ^^

When pump and i did gulool jugon it was at least a week and a half ago. He might be up now.

Sylph.Krsone said: »
How many people for Gulool at 99?

We went with a lot but i bet we could have trio'ed him. I'd bring something to tank/superkite the adds. Then a high-hp DD, that can eat mijin and live, and a whm. 6 would be pretty worry-free. I tanked him on DRK with last resort up full time and only came even close to red hp when he blew up.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-02 10:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaos farmed the Qutrubs for like 4 hours and got 1 claw key >_>... We have terrible luck on that ***I guess :/
 Asura.Werdxi
Server: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2012-02-02 11:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Stiel
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-02-02 11:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

well i went whit thief soloing qutrub went like 1/6,lamia idolater 1/2 i think.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-02 11:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaos farmed the Qutrubs for like 4 hours and got 1 claw key >_>... We have terrible luck on that ***I guess :/

You have to do the ones to the north. When we did the one near the Lyft weapon lamia it took pump hours. When we started doing the northern side it took 1 hour tops and most of the time within 3-4 qutrubs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [312 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Haymitch
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Haymitch 2012-12-10 08:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont wanna start a new thread, but i need all 3 kings for my mythic quest. If u happen to catch any of 3s. Please let me know or we can work something out. :) PM or /tell me.
 Fenrir.Tecan
Server: Fenrir
user: Tecan
By Fenrir.Tecan 2012-12-17 12:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I know its been said before but I'm pretty sure Gulool Ja Ja is broken. I've been camping him for 3 days nonstop (staring at his throne right now) with no pop. There have been 2 mamool besieged in between with nothing. Meanwhile, Medusa has been killed twice and popped relatively fast each time. Something is up with this guy...
 Bismarck.Gloryseeker
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Gloryseeker 2013-01-11 23:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SE needs to fix this ***.
 Lakshmi.Mithradee
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mithradee
By Lakshmi.Mithradee 2013-01-14 09:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed Gulool last night. I had thought it was broke as well but then heard he pops during preparing stage 1-3 and leaves at 4. No idea if it is true or not but after 3 months of no sign of him I gave it a shot. When I saw them at stage 2 I headed out and there he was. Stage 3 when I got there if that helps. A bst was there camping for a few days and joined in to get the title as well. Hope this helps anyone that needs it.
 Siren.Ravager
Server: Siren
user: Reeicheep
By Siren.Ravager 2013-01-14 10:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There Spawn Window i can confirm is upto 7 days. Also they can not spawn within besieged if they were not up during the preparing stage. Once they reach advancing it will no longer appear in the throne room and be wandering to Al Zalbhi with the rest. If killed in besieged the timer is 100% reset. No matter what ive read it can not be in besieged if it wasn't up prior to advancing. it took me almost 13 days to get all three Kings with Mules at each. Medusa ended up repopping 48hrs after i killed it. Troll and Mamajol Still hadnt repoped by then
 Bahamut.Eclipstic
Server: Bahamut
user: eclipstic
By Bahamut.Eclipstic 2013-02-10 09:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

currently looking into starting a mythic and my knowledge of the Aht Urghan kings is slim. if there's anyone interested in camping these for titles, hit me up.
By eclipstic 2013-02-18 13:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

bump
got Gurfurlur this past weekend. currently camping Medusa. if anyone can help w/ a ToD, last seen in besieged or need the title, let me know
By eclipstic 2013-03-08 16:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

if anyone on Bahamut is currently looking for Gulool Ja Ja title, a friend and I have a mule in place. He was killed in besieged today w/o hesitation despite multiple ppl begging to leave him for mythic quest seekers. never fails. we will be looking hardest sunday afternoon through tuesday morning if anyone will be around.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3