heavy metal plates adjustment
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Cycerath
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2012-01-26 18:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i keep hearing rumors about then reducing or increasing heavy metal plates, and i wanna hear from the developers if they plan to make any changes to this department, 1500 seemed a bit excessive imo, i've going from over 250 stones now and only have 89 plates to show for it, and i noticed alot of people just end up buying these, but my focus in the game has never been money, and at 100k a piece it seems kinda rediculous.

even when i saw that number at first i was thinking that they might have misplaced a decimal or something. personally i'd prefer them to reduce it to 150 and just make them ex, that seems more reasonable imo. because this forces people to do VW to get them rather then "oh i can go do a bunch of FCs or use my ls bank account to upgrade my weapon before anyone else"

edit: changed the original idea from rare/ex to ex to make the items stackable.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-26 18:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but people have been saying exactly what you just said for the last few months and SE hasn't changed anything. Get used to it~!
 Leviathan.Optimis
Server: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2012-01-26 18:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

150 would be stupid easy. 750 sounds like a fair number to me still high but not 1500 XD
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-01-26 18:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SE know how messed up the loot system is in VW, they`ve been told numerous times, they dont care because its "working as intended"
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 18:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I don't think it will be wise to give everyone easy access(and yes, it is easy access if you're going by 150 plates) to being one step away from one of the best weapons, of their respective type, there will ever be in this game.

Maybe I'm just from an older generation, but generally, the strongest weapons are supposed to be hard to get...not that I want to spark a debate between tedious vs difficult. I just mean that they're not supposed to be something that everyone walks around with like it was back at lv90; it trivializes the entire process and the game as a whole.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2012-01-26 18:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

^Agreed, but it shouldn't be from the random drop generator with a number as high as 1500. Relics for example have high quantity values but the yield for currency is at least decent. To get plates from spamming VW you mostly need gil to buy them from the other people that get from your runs, if they're even selling. You can go 12 or more T3s and not see a single pouch from what I've experienced.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2012-01-26 18:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
You can go 12 or more T3s and not see a single pouch from what I've experienced.
And someone else can see multiple pouches over a similar span.

The way things are atm, you have to buy them. Spam dyna and sell your currency and take the profits to fund your plate buying. I don't know what else to tell folks other than just play the hand we're all dealt and make the most of it...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-26 18:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't heard anything about adjusting it, except them saying they won't.

It went live, and many 95's have been made already. This is the same deal as mythics, they aren't going to change it now.

If they ever change it, it would have to be a few months-years after they adjust mythic and they already said they aren't going to do that.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-01-26 18:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

500 or 1000 would be alot more respectable than 1500 :|

the only way 1500 would be justifiable is if they increase the number of mobs that drop metal plates in future updates, cause i doubt everyone is going to want to spam the same nms over and over again for the next year or so.

in the next chapter of vwnms they should add mobs that drop a Heavy Metal Plate Satchel, and gives random number of plates 25~100. (here's to wishful thinking :< )
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 18:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, Abyssea really did ruin this game.
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2012-01-26 18:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate to break it to the complainers but there are people who have completed the trial, we've all seen the screen shots. Fact is, if you really want it you'll find a way. If you'd rather spend time wishing the requirements were easier, I guess you don't want it as bad as you think you do.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-26 18:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure the next chapter in VW won't have metal plates. It's going to be like old salvage basically, you just go to farm alex.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-26 18:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

Of course, we all should be grinding away nms for several months to accomplish one stage of a weapon. Silly people thinking you should just be handed something instead of working for 5-6 months for a minor upgrade!
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-01-26 18:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
i doubt everyone is going to want to spam the same nms over and over again for the next year or so.

And I doubt anyone is being forced to.

Bahamut.Serj said: »

Of course, we all should be grinding away nms for several months to accomplish one stage of a weapon. Silly people thinking you should just be handed something instead of working for 5-6 months for a minor upgrade!

Or, should SE just give everyone everything? Then we can whine that there's nothing to do.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-26 18:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said: »
Hate to break it to the complainers but there are people who have completed the trial, we've all seen the screen shots. Fact is, if you really want it you'll find a way. If you'd rather spend time wishing the requirements were easier, I guess you don't want it as bad as you think you do.

People completed relic trials too and the trials were made less absurd to do eventually.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 18:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Case in point.

I hate this gimme-gimme-gimme-and-make-it-easy mentality players have now.

And 5-6 months? More like under 2 months.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-01-26 18:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said: »

i have enough gil right now to buy 1500 plates outright @ 100k piece. but i'm not stupid enough to shell out 150m (and literally spend EVERYTHING i have) on 1 trial upgrade.

the fact is its a little too overboard for 1 trial, i like the fact that they made it harder, making only the people serious about their weapon able to continue with upgrades. but really? 150m? i can make a relic and still have 50m left over for that price :/, also what about all the people that want to upgrade 2 or 3 weapons to 99? pretty much out of the question lol.

granted prices will probably drop eventually but more than likely not by much. since so many people are "eligible" for upgrade to that trial there will be many people still trying to collect 1500 plates. there's just not enough generated to go around atm which is why the 100k price tag. i think a year from now they might drop to 60k if we are lucky... that's still 90m for a trial upgrade.

so i honestly see why people are complaining.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-01-26 18:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Case in point.

it takes longer than 2months for the average player to generate 150m gil. (or farm 1500 plates. hell i'd be suprised if you could get 500 purely from vwnms in 2months)

they are literally forcing you to buy off other players, not necessarily a bad thing but not really a good idea since the demand for this trial is so high (because everyone and their momma has emps from abyssea) and the price for HMPs will stay high because of that.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-26 18:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

Case in point.

it takes longer than 2months for the average player to generate 150m gil. (or farm 1500 plates. hell i'd be suprised if you could get 500 purely from vwnms in 2months)

they are literally forcing you to buy off other players, not necessarily a bad thing but not really a good idea since the demand for this trial is so high (because everyone and their momma has emps from abyssea) and the price for HMPs will stay high because of that.

Case and point.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? =3
[+]
By mortontony1 2012-01-26 18:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate how the people that are against this just assume we want everything handed over. There is middle ground between gimme gimme gimme and grinding for months. And I say months just because I wouldn't expect your average player to be able to play for 6 hours a day everyday. Seems like SE is catering more and more exclusively to them.
 Valefor.Rancor
Server: Valefor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-01-26 18:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

People didnt quit because it got easy. They quit because 7+ years of playing became meaningless and the game shifted entirly in a new direction. In perspective 1500 is a lot, but look at what it takes for just a stage 1 relic. If they up the drop rate then the number isnt that unreasonable
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-26 18:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I was referring to farming them alone. A person can solo farm dyna and build a relic in 3 months and get all trials done in weeks after, for a comparison.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 18:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

150m

divided by 60 days = 2.5m/day.

I personally make 3-4m/day doing dynamis alone with my mule.

And dynamis is two hours. Not six.

That's aside from the money VWNMs, bc fights, selling stuff, blah-blah-blah-stuff-people-did-for-gil-before-abyssea-handed-them-everything-with-minimial-effort.

It is very possible to generate 150m in 2 months as long as they're not sitting on their behind, whining about it whenever it comes up.

PS. I also bought a lot of dynamis currency to finish my relic.
By Zeyphr 2012-01-26 18:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I was referring to farming them alone. A person can solo farm dyna and build a relic in 3 months and get all trials done in weeks after, for a comparison.

It's only doable in 3months because the droprate is sufficent enough to counter the high amount of currency needed to complete a relic. As for Emp weapons 95, the droprate of HMP's is ridiculously low and doesn't justify the amount needed. You can get 1 metal plate out of 50 runs which is terrible. As for dyna you can trio 300-500 AC per run.
By Zeyphr 2012-01-26 18:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

150m

That's aside from the money VWNMs, bc fights, selling stuff, blah-blah-blah-stuff-people-did-for-gil-before-abyssea-handed-them-everything-with-minimial-effort.

It is very possible to generate 150m in 2 months as long as they're not sitting on their behind, whining about it whenever it comes up.

Your missing the fact that people actually have other stuff to do than play this game. Going dynamis everyday, attending events that are mandatory etc gets very boring after awhile, and to be awarded a mere extra +2 STR or w/e stat and some damage for all that work is a slap in the face. Not to mention the next trial for 99 isn't exactly simple simple..
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-01-26 18:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If I was able to buy up 1500 plates from sitting in rulude for a weekend like I can currency for a full relic...
I wouldn't have any complaints.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 18:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Then either don't play or don't do it.

All I'm hearing is, "Why do I have to go out of my way and do something I don't usually do to obtain one of the strongest weapons in this game?"
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-01-26 18:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

150m

i dualbox too and only bring in 2-3m/day. but i don't get to go everyday cause i have dyna runs with ls or i help other people with frag/attestation or trial runs. but you're forgetting that the rest of the playerbase doesn't get to dualbox and IS NOT bringing in that much.

so on avrg if someone doing dyna brings in 1-2m a day (2-4m split with a duo partner)

thats 1m x60 days = 60m (more than likely what the avrg player would bring in, in 2month span)
or
2m x60 days = 120m (what a good player would bring in, in a 2month span)

still not enough to outright buy plates. and doing dyna every single day sucks balls. your talking about how abyssea ruined the game? gtfo...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-01-26 18:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »
If I was able to buy up 1500 plates from sitting in rulude for a weekend like I can currency for a full relic...
I wouldn't have any complaints.

What the ***, you've got relics o_O
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8