Glavoid: Gorge/Disgorge Info?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Glavoid: Gorge/Disgorge info?
Glavoid: Gorge/Disgorge info?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Almont
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Almont
By Odin.Almont 2012-01-23 17:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That bit about never having taken 'sufficent' damage from Disgorge actually sounds pretty accurate for an SE update.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
Server: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-01-23 17:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

the only thing that having a defensive atma such as earth wyrm does is often minimize/negate stonega and quake, and negate slowga (agas still wipe shadows).

the ONLY way to minimize disgorge is to have it hit multiple people, sorry. fought 200+ glavoids and here's the results:

earth carol I, earth carol II, shellra V, barstonra, atma of earth wyrm, stoneskin, etc etc....do nothing for disgorge

disgorge will do 0-9k damage, what it hits you for is pretty much how unlucky you are, for me, its sits around 6k~. again, disgorge is completely random on a single target, cant tell you how many times ive taken 9k with all possible buffs up. this doesnt mean you will always take 9k, no, but you will definitely die more than survive w/out a stun

my advice: bring a few people, or brew him, if you dont want to get frustrated with this trial. ki are easy enough to get, but when you try fighting him thf/nin or thf/dnc (for stun?/TH) and whm, and wipe, and lose claim to really cool people who happen to be watching you the entire time or run by..you are pretty SoL.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-01-23 18:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread said:
Stun
[+]

If you need "help" stunning welcome to PM me. :3 (I think this is still within the rules, sorry if not)
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-01-23 18:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure disgorge is reduced by PDT and not MDT. I've never seen it do over 1500 damage to me on BLU. I've killed it many times with just a RDM for support and it's never been a problem. It almost always does 500 damage. It's very rare for it to do more than that, but the interesting thing is it always doubles based on the lowest amount of damage.

If I usually take 500 damage, then occasionally it will do 1000, and very rarely 1500. What puzzles me is I'm still not sure what causes this to happen. I actually don't think it's based on the amount healed, because there's been a couple times where the BLM healed him for over 2k, and disgorge still only did 500. It might be based on the # of times you heal him instead (counting BW)?

But then he can use disgorge right off the bat for a high amount too so I don't know. I'm genuinely curious just for the sake of curiosity.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2012-01-23 18:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Disgorge is PDT, I have tanked countless Glavoids on DNC/NIN with fan dance(just incase I miss a stun). With fan dance I have yet to be one shotted by disgorge, so yes it is physical damage not magic.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-01-23 18:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said: »
PDT

PDT
[+]
By Dugvayne 2012-01-23 18:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone else validate claims that Disgorge dmg is split like 1000 Needles? I have seen its dmg all over the place and haven't done enough Glavoids to know for sure. I was thinking it would be best to have the healer hang back so in case she misses stun and it does ludicrous dmg she will at least survive and kite until i can get it back. I will likely low-man the rest of the shells so i'm appreciating all the feedback -b
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-23 18:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It is split exactly like 1000 needles, but it is a multiple of 3000 damage.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-01-23 19:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think its like 1000 needles since its not even, but it does seem to split. I've taken 5000 before while my cotank takes 100 with no difference in defensive buffs/gear. I dont remember exact numbers but I clearly remember them not looking like resist numbers.

Edit: I cant find screenshot as i'm nt at computer, so definitally wont say i'm sure on this. I have a very small sample size of getting hit by disgorge. For all I remember the numbers were 4500(me being caught w/o any mdt taking half of a 9000 dmg disgorge) and and 328 (9/10th resist with shell) which wouldn't have struck me as a resist number at the time.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-01-23 19:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

it is like 1000 needles. have someone sub /dnc for violent flourish or if ur whm is good they can stun and cure
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-23 20:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Topicbans issued, posts deleted, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-01-23 20:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow this went somewhere fast and got fun apparently... Sadly I have missed it... >.<
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-23 20:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

it's automatically 9000 if i'm in the party!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-23 20:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

When lowman, reducing the damage with numbers isn't really applicable, but it works in bigger groups.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-01-23 21:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Are you saying that it can't do less than 1500 (assuming -50% PDT)? Because it can and usually does. I think it would be more correct to say it's a multiple of 1000. 500 damage is the lowest I've ever seen it go (with -50% PDT).

I don't engage and just spam spells, therefore never healing it. That's the only thing that I do differently, and for whatever reason, it always keeps disgorge damage fairly low. I'm just curious why it (rarely) does up to 1500.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-01-23 21:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i just near solo'd the damn thing on dancer and not ONCE did my stun fail me

in the end it was ME who missed the stun on gorge and died >.>
so id say its fairly reliable to stun it

as far as disgorge being PDT or MDT i'm not quite sure, but i know Gorge is MDT
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-02-10 16:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this Phalanx thing still work? lol
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-10 16:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK, it doesn't seem to work from /RDM.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Myrrh
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-02-10 17:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Thread said:
Stun
[+]

Works.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-10 17:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Myrrh said: »
Thread said:
Stun
[+]

Works.

Stunning requires competence.
 Asura.Myrrh
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-02-10 17:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Asura.Myrrh said: »
Thread said:
Stun
[+]

Works.

Stunning requires competence.

Damn you. Don't let them out of the cage.
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2012-02-10 17:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Stunning takes like....no effort at all. Just pay attention to the screen.

Glavoids one of those mobs where I find the fewer people you throw at it, the easier it gets. Just stun it, or run into it. Either works fine.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-10 17:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kailana said: »
Stunning takes like....no effort at all. Just pay attention to the screen.

Glavoids one of those mobs where I find the fewer people you throw at it, the easier it gets. Just stun it, or run into it. Either works fine.
This is Abyssea in general. I'm pretty sure it was created with that in mind, punishing large groups for swarming a mob.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-02-10 18:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo it nin/dnc. Eat the single target spells and normal hits with shadows. Keep up steps and stun as needed disgorge, keep up yonin, yurin, aisha, myo, blind, [para if you really must (doubt slow will land idr)] the entire time and he will barely tp in general. If you have half a brain and can get good with realizing when it's gonna tp and throw up migawari with af3+2 body (don't remember if af3+1 body augments it.) It's not hard to box up ninja and get a decent tp set. One of the best bodies ninja chainmail is really easy to get and regardless should be gotten regardless.

If your migawari isn't up soon turn your back put on evasion set and wait till timer is up to play it safe. If you seriously still die to glavoid after this... quit.