Glavoid: Gorge/Disgorge Info?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Glavoid: Gorge/Disgorge info?
Glavoid: Gorge/Disgorge info?
 Fenrir.Didgist
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2012-01-23 16:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Advice for OP is don't worry about defensive atmas, just set what you use for your DD build and keep the damage on it. Apoc/RR/Sanguine Scythe might be good for when it cheats with physical shield and hate reset. The longer the fight goes on the worse it's going to get. Keep the damage on and be ready to run it around if it one shots you. Honestly after a while we just started having fun with how mean it could be.

If you know someone with Ukko's Fury you can just pop, wait for it to cast, and unload on it with self light. Starting every fight under 30% is fun. If this was some kind of I'm so awesome at this game thread.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-01-23 16:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Markas said: »
since when can a disgorge do over 9k dmg? my ls has done well over 200+ and the highest spike dmg i think ive seen was a little over 5k. this is news to me.

Completely random but if its a 9k disgorge and you are using rancor item i think itll do more than 9k, can't speak from experience since i've seen like 3 disgorges do triple digit dmg since i started using phalanx
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-23 16:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dova said: »
Bismarck.Markas said: »
since when can a disgorge do over 9k dmg? my ls has done well over 200+ and the highest spike dmg i think ive seen was a little over 5k. this is news to me.

Completely random but if its a 9k disgorge and you are using rancor item i think itll do more than 9k

Well, yeah, that's how Damage Taken + 10% works.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-23 17:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you didn't wipe to at least one 9k Disgorge, your Twashtar and/or Ukon is invalid in my eyes.

You did not earn that ***. Go directly to Tahrongi Hell. Do not pass "Go." Do not collect 200 gil.

GTFO.
[+]
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-01-23 17:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
If you didn't wipe to at least one 9k Disgorge, your Twashtar and/or Ukon is invalid in my eyes.

You did not earn that ***. Go directly to Tahrongi Hell. Do not pass "Go." Do not collect 200 gil.

GTFO.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-23 17:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

GTFO.

Haven't wiped to glavoid once :p
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-23 17:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Didgist said: »
Guys.

MDT set for thief go.

You'll win because I'm wiping to canyon scorpions but still.

Every job should have DT sets, sorry to break it to you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-23 17:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

01-18-2012 06:18 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Howdy!

Weapon Skill Adjustments

We will be implementing a hidden damage counter on the Twashtar and Ukonvasara line of weapons such that the weapon skills "Rudra's Storm" and "Ukko's Fury" receive a bonus based on the amount of damage you sustained from Glavoid's special attack, "Disgorge" before receiving the initial Empyrean stage of your weapon. The counter will be retroactive, so have no fear if you have already finished with this path!

Please let us know what you think.
Subscribe
[+]
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-01-23 17:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Howdy!

Weapon Skill Adjustments

We will be implementing a hidden damage counter on the Twashtar and Ukonvasara line of weapons such that the weapon skills "Rudra's Storm" and "Ukko's Fury" receive a bonus based on the amount of damage you sustained from Glavoid's special attack, "Disgorge" before receiving the initial Empyrean stage of your weapon. The counter will be retroactive, so have no fear if you have already finished with this path!

Subscribe
i literally facepalmed when i saw this lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-23 17:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Howdy!

Weapon Skill Adjustments

Subscribe

[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Weapon Skill Adjustments (cont'd.)

Howdy!

In the interest of balance, we have decided to disallow all who have never taken sufficient damage from Disgorge from gaining the bonus on their weapon.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we welcome your feedback!
Subscribe
[+]