Why blu trigger DO hurt you emp/+2 droprate
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-01-16 07:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I know lot of people will not read this and simply just type blue trigger does not hurt you drop rate. closed minded ppl will be closed minded

anyway a very important facts is that this has nothing to do with the light themself or abyssea for that reasons its from the simple fact that a nm/mob has a DROP CAP OF 8 (looking for my source for this info)

Lets look at itza

he drops aces leggings thats 100% drop so that 1
he drops up to 6 +2 items so thats another 6
he drops 2 empy scales so that another 2

1 +6 +2 = 9 so even just triggering yellow you risc that some of those emp items that would have dropped does not drop due to hitting the drop cap of 8. There is simply "not enough room" for all you drops to drop

solutions can be to have everyone have aces leggings and remove ace leggings from the drop pool

or simply have a main mini pt where all have aces and all other that don't have it and don't want it in allied pt's

drop ally at close to win, kill it off with no aces leggings dropping and re-ally up to share the pool (remember to ally up correctly the pt with the drops has to invite the other for ally to not lose the pool)

now her comes the kicker we have 8 possible drops in that 8 drop cap so it fits nicely.

now the bored warrior comes up and trigger blue for the fun of it and what do we get. another item in the possible drops that have to fight over space in the 8 drop cap

so again we risc one of the +2 or empy scales to not get dropped due to hitting the cape with the introduced item.

So YES ppl blue stagger can sometimes hurt you droprate if your wanted drops already are hitting the drop cap of 8

feedback are welcome but keep it with arguments please

-- edit --
The "confirmed" drop cap of 8 seems to be disproven

-- edit --
Fixed "blu" to "blue"

-- edit --
THEORY BUSTED
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-16 07:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wat
[+]
By Shaidalyn 2012-01-16 07:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking this is incorrect as I've seen the loot pool filled on a single kill. Loot pool is 10 spaces. Guess we'll have to wait on a SS of 9+ to disprove this though.
 Phoenix.Jimie
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2012-01-16 07:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-16 08:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he means 8 is cap from a single mob, not for the treasure pool, but it's the first time I ever hear of it.
 Phoenix.Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2012-01-16 08:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The above is from a single mob, PW
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-01-16 08:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

@Shaidalyn
That woudlt be nice
i can't find the Source where ppl was talking about SE confirmed a max drop rate of 8 per kill

@Phoenix.Jimie
where all those from the same kill ?

A SS of the chatlog with the drops would have been nice
 Phoenix.Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2012-01-16 08:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You're gonna kill 2 PWs within 5mins?
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-16 08:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jimie said: »
The above is from a single mob, PW
I didn't notice sorry.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-01-16 08:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no other mob in that zone which drops any of the items in that loot pool. And Jimie said - are you going to kill 2 PWs in 5 mins? Don't think so. That screenshot should be proof enough that you can get more than 8 items from 1 mob.

Also, its blue, not blu. Blue is the colour, blu = blue mage, that confused the hell out of me at first.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-01-16 08:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you're definitely wrong. I don't have a screenshot and don't care to get one cause I couldn't care less about this thread lol. I've definitely seen Sobek drop 9+ things on a single kill on numerous occasions. 1 Kamome, 2 Skins, 3 Balance Stone, 1 Balance Card, 1 Ardor Stone, and 1 Ardor Card which is 9. I'm pretty sure he has dropped 10 before, which was those 9 and possibly a Bugard Tusk or another synthesis material.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-01-16 08:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Or the polearm!
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-01-16 08:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Corrected my orignal post.

seems like the "confirmed" drop cap of 8 in a post about TH test on lizards eggs was not that confirmed afterall.

anyway if anyone have another SS to disprove it i would appreciate to see it.

PW seems to have 6 100% drop rate items maybe (but highly unlikely) they changed the cap on him.

but TY jimie
 Fenrir.Crystenne
Server: Fenrir
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2012-01-16 08:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even understand the point of this thread.

The maximum number of drop slots per mob is 10 (this isn't to say that every mob can drop 10 items, of course). If we're thinking Itz, assuming full drops:

2 scales, 4 Vision items, 2 Ardor items, 1 pair of knuckles, 1 pair of Aces. That's 10. Plenty of Abyssea NMs share this same number of total drops.

I don't see the issue here. I also don't see why SE would allow more than 10 items to drop off one mob considering lootpool constraints. That'd be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-01-16 08:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
PW seems to have 6 100% drop rate items maybe (but highly unlikely) they changed the cap on him.

No SE didn't change the drop rate cap on PW. If you look closely, there is one item missing in that loot pool that PW can drop, and that's the Khimaira Horn. That's been replaced by the upgrade item for 99 mythic weapons. So it's always been possible to get 10 items drop from PW.

This makes me wonder if the upgrade item isn't even 100% (since Khimaira Horn used to be 100%) but can drop instead of one of the synth items. If so, that makes that part of the 99 mythic weapon trial even more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but that's a different topic really. :/
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-01-16 08:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I lied. I have a screenshot.

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-01-16 08:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

@Bahamut.Bojack

TY a lot you couldn't have found a better SS for me.

Because the very reason the drop cap of 8 was from a thread about tenting TH in lizard in CW and it was mentioned that the drop cap of 8 could skew the results since we could easily hit it.

I hereby stand corrected but wiser.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-01-16 08:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

now that we are on the in disproving my droprate infromation i picked up form FFXIAH i have another one i wouldt like some feedback on

100% drop items like kamome, ace leggins, atheling mantle
Does it still drop if everyone in pt/ally allready have it ?

Iv'e read somewhere it doesn't and alot of ppl has said in the game it doesn't but now I'm kinda not sure if it does or not
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-01-16 08:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Crystenne said: »
I don't even understand the point of this thread.

The maximum number of drop slots per mob is 10 (this isn't to say that every mob can drop 10 items, of course). If we're thinking Itz, assuming full drops:

2 scales, 4 Vision items, 2 Ardor items, 1 pair of knuckles, 1 pair of Aces. That's 10. Plenty of Abyssea NMs share this same number of total drops.

I don't see the issue here. I also don't see why SE would allow more than 10 items to drop off one mob considering lootpool constraints. That'd be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Are you just speculating or saying the drop cap is 10 ?
I can see where the logic come from but do you have anything to backup the drop cap is 10 ?
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-01-16 08:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

now that we are on the in disproving my droprate infromation i picked up form FFXIAH i have another one i wouldt like some feedback on

100% drop items like kamome, ace leggins, atheling mantle
Does it still drop if everyone in pt/ally allready have it ?

Iv'e read somewhere it doesn't and alot of ppl has said in the game it doesn't but now I'm kinda not sure if it does or not

No, the 100% drops simply won't drop if everyone in the party/alliance has the item already.
 Phoenix.Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2012-01-16 08:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Iirc, there needs to be someone in the party who doesn't have the item when the mob is claimed in order for the item to load in loot pool.

I believe there were cases way back when of Charby being claimed before whoever wanted joytoy zoned into SSG and Joyeuse didn't drop.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-01-16 08:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Iirc, there needs to be someone in the party who doesn't have the item when the mob is claimed in order for the item to load in loot pool.

I believe there were cases way back when of Charby being claimed before whoever wanted joytoy zoned into SSG and Joyeuse didn't drop.

First I've ever heard of that. To the best of my knowledge, and I'm sure plenty of others will agree, it doesn't matter if the mob is claimed by a party where everyone has the 100% drop, if someone joins later on in the fight that doesn't have the item, it will still drop.

As for Joyeuse, I believe it has an extremely high drop rate, but not 100%.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-01-16 08:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »

First I've ever heard of that. To the best of my knowledge, and I'm sure plenty of others will agree, it doesn't matter if the mob is claimed by a party where everyone has the 100% drop, if someone joins later on in the fight that doesn't have the item, it will still drop.

As for Joyeuse, I believe it has an extremely high drop rate, but not 100%.

I've gotten Blue !! on Ironclad Executioner and took it down to 10-15% before someone was able to get in the zone. I already had a Pluviale but it dropped again because I got the other person in the party before it died.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-01-16 09:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

i believe blue triggered gear is not the same as 100% dropped item. but again i dont stand on much ground here lol
 Bahamut.Keinn
By Bahamut.Keinn 2012-01-16 09:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you just speculating or saying the drop cap is 10 ?
I can see where the logic come from but do you have anything to backup the drop cap is 10 ?

I've had 11 items drop from Byakko in the past. When it happened, 1 of the items immediately autosorted to one of the alliance members. Luckily it was only a crystal.
 Asura.Werdxi
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2012-01-16 09:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

regardless of whether or not 8 is or isnt the cap, none of it proves or disproves that getting proc overrides the drop of empy items. Assuming SE set them on higher priority, then it doesnt matter. but if it were set on lesser, then yah, i guess maybe....procing is bad sometimes. but thered need to be extensive testing to prove that drops are on a priority system or not.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-16 09:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a strange thread >.>;
[+]
By Latifah 2012-01-16 09:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

why people are still doing pw