Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Why blu trigger DO hurt you emp/+2 droprate
Why blu trigger DO hurt you emp/+2 droprate
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-01-16 09:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue stagger on abyssea nms doesn't mean you're guaranteed to see the most rare drop. I only remember my spamming of Ovni to get Bullwhip Belt, I had several blue procs without belt dropping. When it eventually DID drop, blue wasn't proc'ed.

As for mobs dropping more than 10 items, I can't recall that ever happening to me personally. If Byakko did indeed drop 11 items, the crystal(s) would be at the bottom, would that still be the item to get autosorted then?
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-01-16 12:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

@Asura.Tamoa
Don't think anyone said blu = Guaranteed drop

anyway so the irony of all this is i got 9 drops on a cc run today >.<

Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-01-16 12:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

huh?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-01-16 12:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »
Blue stagger on abyssea nms doesn't mean you're guaranteed to see the most rare drop. I only remember my spamming of Ovni to get Bullwhip Belt, I had several blue procs without belt dropping. When it eventually DID drop, blue wasn't proc'ed.

As for mobs dropping more than 10 items, I can't recall that ever happening to me personally. If Byakko did indeed drop 11 items, the crystal(s) would be at the bottom, would that still be the item to get autosorted then?
Ex items stay in the pool, so the 11th crystal would auto-drop to someone, or whatever other non-ex item there is. Not sure about Rare only items staying, but I'm assuming a craft item/crystal would auto-drop first.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-01-16 12:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
@Asura.Tamoa
Don't think anyone said blu = Guaranteed drop[/img]

No sorry, I misunderstood something you said in an earlier post, my bad.

Bahamut.Aeronis said: »
Ex items stay in the pool, so the 11th crystal would auto-drop to someone, or whatever other non-ex item there is. Not sure about Rare only items staying, but I'm assuming a craft item/crystal would auto-drop first.

Yeah that's what I was wondering about, wasn't quite sure how those priorities work, thanks. :)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-16 13:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

At first I read the title as "blu", since, you know, blu != blue. Luckily you have not incurred the wrath of god. Congratulations.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-01-16 13:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I proc`d blue on Shinryu yesterday, along with TH8 proc and he didnt drop anything at all, not even a log. Tight ***.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-01-16 13:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Crystals/seals/geodes and the like are not part of a mob's normal drop pool. They are global possible drops on all mobs, depending on other criteria. They drop at the same time as the other items, but do not count towards the 10 max drop slots per mob.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-01-16 13:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure I fully understand wtf the OP is blabbering about, but ...

Blue "!!" on Abyssea NMs increases your chances of receiving Weapons and Armor from that NM's list of drops.

It does not guarantee anything.

Blue "!!" on Abyssea NMs does not decrease your chances of receiving Empyrean Weapon upgrade items or Empyrean Armor upgrade gems/stones/etc.

The only thing that decreases your chances at loot from Abyssea NMs is repeatedly triggering the same color "!!" on the same spawn/pop of that NM.
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-01-16 13:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue !! trigger does hurt your emp upgrade item drop rate. The time you spend on proccing blue could have been spent killing faster. This means that by proccing blue, you slow down the rate at which you receive emp upgrade items. If you want to be technical that is. xD
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-01-16 13:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
At first I read the title as "blu", since, you know, blu != blue. Luckily you have not incurred the wrath of god. Congratulations.
God? Draylo?
 Phoenix.Deboro
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2012-01-16 13:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Also has no one here chain brew'd to quickly and lost items to mules / wrong person? The items will awlways still drop but older versions will just get forced out of the pool into someones inventory.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-01-16 13:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
I'm not sure I fully understand wtf the OP is blabbering about, but ...

Blue "!!" on Abyssea NMs increases your chances of receiving Weapons and Armor from that NM's list of drops.

It does not guarantee anything.

Blue "!!" on Abyssea NMs does not decrease your chances of receiving Empyrean Weapon upgrade items or Empyrean Armor upgrade gems/stones/etc.

The only thing that decreases your chances at loot from Abyssea NMs is repeatedly triggering the same color "!!" on the same spawn/pop of that NM.

I think the OP meant that by triggering blue, and getting the rare drop, that item would take the place of an upgrade item. OP was under the impression max drops from one mob was 8 items.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-16 15:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jimie said: »
You're gonna kill 2 PWs within 5mins?
You didn't know they changed it to where a random member of the alliance receives a brew after each stage begins? Also if no one from your alliance uses a brew a random member will receive another PW pop.

How else did you think they expected players to beat it 500 times?
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-01-16 15:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said: »
Also has no one here chain brew'd to quickly and lost items to mules / wrong person? The items will awlways still drop but older versions will just get forced out of the pool into someones inventory.

The way we chain brew is to pull the mobs to a conflux, martello, etc. Then when one mob is dead, the brewer locks onto the flux/tello and the next person popping does not pop until all other people/mules in the party have passed the items that are going to the brewer. That way the brewer doesn't have to worry about lotting, the brew doesn't wear off waiting for numbskulls to pass things, and no items fall to the wrong person. It works out well.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-16 15:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
and the evil reappears : p
:D!!!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-16 17:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
PW seems to have 6 100% drop rate items maybe (but highly unlikely) they changed the cap on him.

No SE didn't change the drop rate cap on PW. If you look closely, there is one item missing in that loot pool that PW can drop, and that's the Khimaira Horn. That's been replaced by the upgrade item for 99 mythic weapons. So it's always been possible to get 10 items drop from PW.

This makes me wonder if the upgrade item isn't even 100% (since Khimaira Horn used to be 100%) but can drop instead of one of the synth items. If so, that makes that part of the 99 mythic weapon trial even more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but that's a different topic really. :/
Khimaira Horn actually autosorted if I remember right, but yeah. We only did one kill so I can't tell you if the scoria is 100% but I'd assume it is.

Latifah said: »
why people are still doing pw
Title, atma, shits and giggles? Pseudoelitism ->
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-16 18:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Phoenix.Jimie said: »
You're gonna kill 2 PWs within 5mins?
You didn't know they changed it to where a random member of the alliance receives a brew after each stage begins? Also if no one from your alliance uses a brew a random member will receive another PW pop.

How else did you think they expected players to beat it 500 times?
that's exactly why if you land a red stagger his adds can drop TEs. with luck you can knock out 40-50 PW in a single run

.....ummm
....me/woosh?

Post deleted by User.