First Page 2 3
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-12 17:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am wondering if it is worth going after anymore Fastcast

Is my current set for precast. The head is only 3% currently and the body is 5%

I was doing some small tests the other day and found that the Hochomasamune at this point has no affect on recast. I am aware that the body head and neck affect cast time only. I am wondering, for pure cast time reduction if I can push the limit even further.

With out haste spells, marches, or /rdm my recast timer is 30s flat on Ni. I have 26% haste also for endcast.

Removing just the ear will add 1 second, same goes for the ring (edit: which is wierd since the 10% on the katana from what I can tell did not add time to my recast when I removed it.) Is it worth trying to augment suzu feet, and add the last 2% onto the head just to cast even faster? OR is there a cast time cap also? Hard to get solid tests on cast time, and I am not a super math nerd so I am unsure of how to go about finding the answer.

My moonshade is insta-cast and MAB, and IDC if it can have other augments, my choice, and I am not changing it.

Anyway anyone have some insight into this?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-12 17:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Precasting Ni actually slows your casting down, and you won't want Impatiens (or moonshade?) on Ichi because you wouldn't be able to cancel Ni in time. The rest of it is nicer than not having it (about 35% fast cast?), but it won't make a huge difference in groups I would think.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-12 17:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I use old school scripts so it less of pre-cast as it is put on gear and as it rolls through the script it changes the head into haste near the end of it.

Maybe I am doing it wrong?

edit: You are right about the flower and earring, I think those are omitted in my ichi script. Never seem to notice a problem with that. Even if it does proc on ichi and you happen to have some ni left, not terribly detrimental, just cast it again, your recast timer is 0 on insta cast procs. But it is no more detrimental as an AoA proc I guess.
By Eugene 2012-01-12 17:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Precasting Ni actually slows your casting down, and you won't want Impatiens (or moonshade?) on Ichi because you wouldn't be able to cancel Ni in time. The rest of it is nicer than not having it (about 35% fast cast?), but it won't make a huge difference in groups I would think.
cancel plugin
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-12 17:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use. I get 29 sec recast on Ni /WAR

Mirke FC+5 EVA+10, Suzaku's Sun-ate (FC+3 Haste+2), Swap in Iga Kyahan +2, Jeweled Colar (FC+3) for End cast. Black mantle augs NTE. Can't find a Mujin mantle or I would endcast in that
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-12 17:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have mujin, it strips 1 second too. The Athos head seems nice but it is only 2%, good if your anwig is used elsewhere, Jeweled collar augment does not affect recast, only cast time.

"Enhances fast cast" is full blown fast cast

"Fast cast +#" is only cast time.

edit: I bet the last second you are shaving compared to my set is due to athos being real fast cast.

edit2: good to know that I am not capped yet on recast though ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-12 17:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get how you get 30sec recast /rdm and I get 29sec on /war
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-12 17:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Eugene said: »
cancel plugin

Unless you cancel with 0 delay, what I said still applies.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-12 17:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I said 30 s w/o /rdm didn't I? rereading..... yea i will have to change that, I can see how it is confusing.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2012-01-12 17:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Fast Cast +# definitely does recast time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-12 17:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I must be misinformed then.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-12 17:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to see some ppl's pre/mid/endcast sets
Getting back into things on NIN lol
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-01-12 17:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Eugene said: »
cancel plugin

Unless you cancel with 0 delay, what I said still applies.

This.

The issue is you don't know if it will proc or not so you can't cancel at the right time. Sure if you always cancel on precast then it'll work but then the other 95% of the time when insta cast doesn't proc you may get hit an interrupted.

You can have SC check and see if you have shadows up first and then if you don't it will toss in quicken gear for a shot at an insta cast. Also I have a variable that tells you the last shadows you casted. If it was an ichi then quick cast will be put on, if it was a ni then it will not be.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-12 17:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I think mid/end cast sets with fast spells like utsusemi are pretty much the same thing.

My precast set goes fast cast > evasion > haste

then my mid/end cast puts my last bit of haste on over fastcast items, and maybe eva in the rest of the slots, if i am not already done casting by the time my macro ends

as a side note, never buy one of those flexible blue tooth keyboards, they suck.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-12 17:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Utsusemi: ichi D:
I have time for a midcast set
I try to maximize SID for midcast Ichi
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-12 17:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

OIC ^^

I am so stuffed with gear adding another type of set like that is just not possible for me >.<

edit: IF SE would actually give us gear with better bundled stats on them it would help a ton with people crying over inventory and gear swap spamming.

At any rate I think the answer to my question is stack as much in there as you can fit in.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-12 18:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What sets do u carry with you?
I have to sacrifice gear too but usually I just bring gear depending on event.
Like for older events I don't need a Ninjutsu set so I can leave that gear set in my MH and take more DD type gear with me. It helps a bit but I rly wish they would increase inventory size :/
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-12 18:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Eva, haste, WS, phys/magic reduction (sometimes in my sack if i want to get some loot and the ***is easy), elemental cast set (again sometimes in my sack), enfeebles. Usually all of them are full swaps, alot of them have multi purpose, With full universal tool set, and shihei, trying to fit in the full spectrum I sit at 78/80 (and still don't have everything available) and blink like I have a nervous tic.

I usually put my regen gear in my sack, and sometimes opt out of ammo swaps in return for ungur. All depends on the event.
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2012-01-12 18:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Are people really doing a mid cast set? I read that as "A set that I put on while I'm in the middle of casting shadows just in case I get hit", like -spell interrupt or -pdt ... I mean I know people get intense about gear sets, but are they actually getting that detailed?

If so, damn ... man I feel inferior lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-12 18:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I use a midcast set. I use SID but I know some ppl use a different type midcast set like evasion. Could be the difference between casting utsu and dying :/
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-13 12:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So last night I put on /rdm, my hochomasamune, and haste. :Ni was down to 22 second recast. I was wrong about my hocho, dunno why I wasn't seeing a difference earlier. But... It was shaving about 2 seconds off my recast, going from 30 to 28 as /war and no haste.

I also tried to use the above mentioned trick of adding on a jeweled collar after casting to remove my beads and reduce my recast even further, it ended up adding a few seconds on both ni and ichi, tried it several times w/ fast cast jeweled collar and w/o it. So I am not sure if my computer is slow or what. That didn't work for me.

My current best working Utsu macro, identical for both :ni and :ichi except for :ni I have a pause 1 instead of 2.

Also, this stuff is casting soooooo fast, and has such a small cooldown, I think I am seriously going to just change up my play style and cast ichi > ichi from here on out and just save ni for when I get AoEd back to back or something. I forgot to take note of what my ichi recast is, but.... I think as /war without haste it is around 22 seconds.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-13 14:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Phaffi said: »
Fast Cast +# definitely does recast time.

Can I get some verification on this? Pathwriter on KI once told me that it only affects cast speed, he seemed smart enough so I took his word for it, I am not a redmage. It would be extremely helpful to know if the above is right or not though.

http://killingifrit.com/forums/topic/183894-gear-only-fast-cast-haste/

If the "Fast Cast +#" indeed has an affect on recasts as well, then ninja is looking at a maximum.... in recast terms only of this:
26% from haste (25% actual)
1.5% neck jeweled collar (seemed to hinder rather than help me, maybe I am doing it wrong)
1.5% on suzu sune-ate
2.5% on anwig
2.5% on mirke
1% earring
1% ring
5% katana

Totaling ~15% (maths will make it fractionally lower I am sure) reduction possible from just the fast cast? and then another 25% from haste for a 40%ish reduction just from gear?

Obviously some of those slots will have to be started in fastcast and ended in haste to get that number. Which brings me to another question: If I start say in a 5% fast cast head, and swap to a 5% haste head, will I get the full recast benefit from both of them? OR.. do you have to start and finish casting in fastcast to get the full benefit of the faster cast time as well as the lower cooldown?

edit: That thread also states that 50% recast reduction is hard cap, so even w/ haste spell, or marches, you cannot exceed 50%, a friend of mine claims it can go beyond 50%, and I believe him, he is very much a number cruncher. I never did get a very clear answer on this from that thread.

I would like to know as /rdm and w/ maximum magical haste (be it from the haste spell or marches etc..) How low can the reduction get?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2012-01-13 14:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fast cast does help recast, but only half of the stated fast cast, and only when worn at the completion of the spell. So if given the choice between 5% Haste vs. 5% Fast Cast, the Haste will win unless you are currently capped with Haste.

Idea is to be capped in Haste, then push as much Fast Cast as you can for spell completion. Of course you'll want to maximize Fast Cast for the start of the spell.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-13 14:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I do understand that, What I am asking is if the fastcast needs to be on at the end of the spell to get the reduction in recast, or if having it on at the beginning of the cast is sufficient and then swapping to haste piece to finish the cast is a plausible way to get the most out of both types of reduction.

edit: NVM I think I found the answer on Wiki. Has to be on at the end of the cast for recast to be reduced.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2012-01-13 14:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I do understand that, What I am asking is if the fastcast needs to be on at the end of the spell to get the reduction in recast, or if having it on at the beginning of the cast is sufficient and then swapping to haste piece to finish the cast is a plausible way to get the most out of both types of reduction.

Only when worn at the completion of the spell does it provide a reduction in recast. Unfortunately, you can't get the best of both worlds.

Their programming:

Step 1. You select a spell and tell your character to cast it.

Step 2. A "casting speed function" checks to see what your stats are via your gear and job and determines how fast the spell will cast.

Step 3. When your spell finishes: A "spell completion function" checks to see what your stats are(useful for comparing against enemy stats if you're casting something offensive) and what your recast will be. This function is completely separate and has no knowledge of anything that occurred during the "casting speed function".
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-13 14:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

so... let' flesh this out then for ninja.

Some of the gear choices might seem odd I am about to lay out, I am looking at what is possible, not what may be practical.

As far as I can tell the 50% hard cap applies to gear and traits only?

Hocho 5%
Mirke 2.5%
Jeweled Collar 1.5% (if you can get it to work, I couldn't)
Ear 1%
Ring 1%
Mujin back -1 (I think it is a flat second in my build, but might be some sort of percentage)

Are the items that can still be equipped without sacrificing haste for a midcast set.

9.5% total, plus 25% haste, plus 1 second from mujin back?

34.5+% reduction is the best we can do for recast time in gear only yes?

Add /rdm into it, adds another 7.5% reduction

~42%, add haste spell 15%
~57%

Can we hit 57%? or can some gear be dropped? Can we go further still w/ marches?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2012-01-13 15:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that Fast Cast cap was raised above 50%, but I believe the max recast you can get(even with gear, haste, marches, and Fast Cast reduction) is still 50%. As a NIN/RDM I doubt you would have much trouble getting close to cap.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-13 15:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So.... in conclusion if you have /rdm and a haste spell of some sort on it might be smart to remove some haste items as long as you can keep as close to 50% total reduction as possible? Anwig seems like the only plausible swap on that. Theoretically 7% can be dropped in haste. Boots would seem like another good swap but then we lose a shadow, so that is not an option.

Where as even fully buffed and /war you can still stack all of what we have available in w/o fear of hitting cap, yet, until they add some more fast cast gear for us?

I guess my current macro is about as good as I can get, only other Items I would need to be the fastest possible would be augmented sune-ate to start casting in I suppose, and of course the last 2% on my anwig.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-01-13 15:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The max recast cap is 80% as of last update.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-01-13 15:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

oh lol....

Roger that, Stack as much as you can, and even as /rdm get haste on and marches. That is ridiculously low recast on utsu :ni.

Can RDMs get under 10 seconds on it?

Quick math skills say to me

IF you can hit 80% reduction, that is a 9 second :ni and a 6 second :ichi.

~57% as stated earlier, add in marches 7.5% Advancing? and 12.5% Victory? Potentially can put ninja at 77%? possible more if the BRD is sick nasty?

So from what I can tell NIN if you are going all out regardless of subjob and buffs should shoot for something like this?

Precast:

Only the Fast cast items being relevant, the other slots can be geared towards haste or evasion or spell interrupt gear.

and then this for a midcast:
First Page 2 3