White !! In Dyna = 0.25% Not 1%?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » White !! in dyna = 0.25% not 1%?
White !! in dyna = 0.25% not 1%?
 Asura.Jshadows
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: jshadows
By Asura.Jshadows 2011-12-05 13:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually got 2 white triggers in the same dynamis run just a few days ago. got like 375 singles and 2 hqs.
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Server: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2011-12-05 13:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Normally with our 3 man party, we average 250ish coins, but have topped out at I believe ~330. I notice from your setup, you do not have a thf for TH. I totally believe this makes a world of difference.

Yesterday, my BF and I went in duo as dnc/xxx bst/dnc. We always stay together but kill our own mobs. When mine would die, I would get 1-2 coins consistently, with the occasional 3 or 4. He uses dipper and would get 3-4 coins consistently, with the occasional 1 or 2.

We ended our run with 180 coins. This is definitely not the 150-200 that bsts are talking about solo'ing, so I'm not sure what else is missing. Whatever it is, I would love to know as well. Our average is definitely just shy of 100 coins each and the more people that tag along, the lower the number.

I am also curious how long it takes to take out the TE mobs w/o a bst. Do you just kill off all the adds or do you wait until you can get a good pull? I've noticed that however quick we take out the TE, the more currency we pull in. Of course this has something to do with more time to kill actually Nightmare mobs, but definitely curious how others do it. I would love to solo on nights the old man is at work (I'm not gonna dual box, I would just get us both killed) but the TE mobs always put me off.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-05 13:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Dumb question but does the "no sub" person have to be the person to proc or do they just have to be in party? The page i was reading seemed ambiguous.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-05 13:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Dumb question but does the "no sub" person have to be the person to proc or do they just have to be in party? The page i was reading seemed ambiguous.
Person to proc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-05 13:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I average 180 solo on BST Elspetta. I can attempt to help your process if you want to take it to PMs.
 Asura.Jshadows
Server: Asura
user: jshadows
By Asura.Jshadows 2011-12-05 13:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

yes person w/o sub has to proc, which is why its best to have a dnc go subjobless. thats what i do because i can trigger alot of mobs and still be ok w/o sub cuz i can heal myself.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-05 13:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Elspetta said: »
Normally with our 3 man party, we average 250ish coins, but have topped out at I believe ~330. I notice from your setup, you do not have a thf for TH. I totally believe this makes a world of difference.

Yesterday, my BF and I went in duo as dnc/xxx bst/dnc. We always stay together but kill our own mobs. When mine would die, I would get 1-2 coins consistently, with the occasional 3 or 4. He uses dipper and would get 3-4 coins consistently, with the occasional 1 or 2.

We ended our run with 180 coins. This is definitely not the 150-200 that bsts are talking about solo'ing, so I'm not sure what else is missing. Whatever it is, I would love to know as well. Our average is definitely just shy of 100 coins each and the more people that tag along, the lower the number.

I am also curious how long it takes to take out the TE mobs w/o a bst. Do you just kill off all the adds or do you wait until you can get a good pull? I've noticed that however quick we take out the TE, the more currency we pull in. Of course this has something to do with more time to kill actually Nightmare mobs, but definitely curious how others do it. I would love to solo on nights the old man is at work (I'm not gonna dual box, I would just get us both killed) but the TE mobs always put me off.
MNK/THF until MNK is 95 on that char (89 now). Then it will be leveled as a THF for the better TH. It doesn't sound right that the difference in TH would make a difference of 100+ coins. (I just checked and noticed TH2 is 45. I suppose TH1 and TH6+ would be a significant difference, but still seems a bit much)

On TEs there are good days and bad days. If one is in a bad position, I will typically chill at it on my WHM while Sav moves on to the next one to check it's position. Once my PLD is 95 and decently geared, I will probably use PLD/DNC to help with kill speed as well as taking out TEs at the same time. We're getting better at our pulls, and typically only have to deal with a couple adds out of all 5 pulls.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-05 13:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So right now we're going as thf/dnc, mnk/dnc, whm/sch, and me as brd. I pull and do the sleeps while the thf and mnk attempt to proc then kill asap (during JA time). Do you think it would be more efficient (profitable) to go as dnc/000 instead of brd and just attempt to proc?

I'm walking out of bubu with 300 currency atm so I have no complaints, but more product for less time wasted is always better.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-05 13:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it would Ash.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-05 13:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
So right now we're going as thf/dnc, mnk/dnc, whm/sch, and me as brd. I pull and do the sleeps while the thf and mnk attempt to proc then kill asap (during JA time). Do you think it would be more efficient (profitable) to go as dnc/000 instead of brd and just attempt to proc?

I'm walking out of bubu with 300 currency atm so I have no complaints, but more product for less time wasted is always better.
I'd have to check what sleep access SCH has, but I find being able to sleep as WHM/BLM a great help when there is competition. As long as the WHM can cover pulls/sleeps (that's what I do on our runs), it should benefit you more to switch the BRD out.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-05 13:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if its always just mega crowded or what, but I can't seem to pull in NEARLY as much currency as you guys solo, and I'm on dnc/no sub @95 with some pretty decent gear (weapons aside lol)

edit: @Krizz sch has sleep 1 and sleep 2, but only under addendum black.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-12-05 13:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
How much more time could it take to use an oil and a powder over using jig? (which doesnt last as long)

i knew this was coming lol.

the only reason i don't use oils/powders is because of inventory issues (i have like 4slots max atm, 80/80/80/76) lol. other than that, sure i could oil/powder. infact the thf that comes with me comes thf/war cause he doesn't have dnc sj. and he uses oils/powders to get around. the other issue with locking sj with my setup, is since i go sam. we would have to do all ws procs, which usually don't go as quickly as JA procs.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-05 13:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Idk if its always just mega crowded or what, but I can't seem to pull in NEARLY as much currency as you guys solo, and I'm on dnc/no sub @95 with some pretty decent gear (weapons aside lol)

edit: @Krizz sch has sleep 1 and sleep 2, but only under addendum black.
When it's crowded, it depends on how many mobs you can keep red, and how many jerks there are in the crowd.

I had someone take a mob that I had slept last night. There was nobody around so I decided to melee for mp with my staff instead of constantly taking a knee. He sicced his pet on the mob, I switched target, HIT the mob, and then his pet hit. It gave him the claim.

The fact that I frequently lose mobs that don't turn red when I perform an action really ticks me off.

Edit: Also, I've used flash, holy, slow, and dia on a mob in Dynamis without it turning red. No actions had been performed on it, but it had been sight/sound aggro'd.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-12-05 13:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i have bad luck in dream lands lol usualy end up linking too many mobs -,- need omeone to duo with realy
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-05 14:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If people take my mobs, they get a Bora Axe at 1%. Otherwise, I'm quite nice. I will pull aggro off someone about to die, clear an area where they died, or help get a TE.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-12-05 14:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

so you guys are thinking bad luck or what? I started this conversation back up, but no one is chiming in on if I'm doing it right... ; ;
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-05 14:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How're you proc'ing white with a BST with no SJ? Charm or relying on pets?
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-05 14:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
so you guys are thinking bad luck or what? I started this conversation back up, but no one is chiming in on if I'm doing it right... ; ;
What method are you using to proc? Are you using JAs or WS? Either way keep in mind that AOE procs were nerfed a couple months ago. Single target procs are your best bet.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-05 14:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had people take my links too. People are mad selfish in aby >_<.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2011-12-05 14:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

been proc'ing JA with dipper. it's fairly consistant, prolly proc 75-80% of ze mobs
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-05 14:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
What method are you using to proc? Are you using JAs or WS? Either way keep in mind that AOE procs were nerfed a couple months ago. Single target procs are your best bet.

Negative on that one mate. I was duoing the other day and my partner's Aeolian Edge, proc'd the mob I was fighting, since we were killing mobs side by side. It still works like a charm, during the appropriate time.

edit: though i guess you mean rate? it happens decently if you spam the right move. I get it to proc other mobs solo during WS time when applicable (though I try for only JA mobs).
 Carbuncle.Crollion
Server: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2011-12-05 14:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

man u guys amaze me aint gonna lie. when i solo on bst on a good day i pull 100-110 with luck.

when we go in with our crew we dont pull anywhere near 300+ our last run got crazy lucky and walked out 420 with 2 white procs.

our setup is dnc/xxx thf/dnc whm/rdm(2 boxed) mnk/war and if were lucky we pull 250 in bubu i onno maybe were doing something insanely wrong cause we dont pull what u guys do with a close setup tbh.

if anyone can help me with the solo part and even group part and wanna take it to pms please do would be greatly apreciated.

were also working on apoc kik aegis all at the same time with me currently in the lead on stage 4 with about 30/62 and we been at it for months (that with me soloing alot selling off what i dont need for the stage to buy what i need)
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-05 14:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Negative on that one mate. I was duoing the other day and my partner's Aeolian Edge, proc'd the mob I was fighting, since we were killing mobs side by side. It still works like a charm, during the appropriate time.

edit: though i guess you mean rate? it happens decently if you spam the right move. I get it to proc other mobs solo during WS time when applicable (though I try for only JA mobs).
The rate was drastically lowered. Initially the best way (from what I've read) to get massive amounts of procs was AOE WS procs.

been proc'ing JA with dipper. it's fairly consistant, prolly proc 75-80% of ze mobs
Bad luck then.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2011-12-05 14:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Negative on that one mate. I was duoing the other day and my partner's Aeolian Edge, proc'd the mob I was fighting, since we were killing mobs side by side. It still works like a charm, during the appropriate time. edit: though i guess you mean rate? it happens decently if you spam the right move. I get it to proc other mobs solo during WS time when applicable (though I try for only JA mobs).
The rate was drastically lowered. Initially the best way (from what I've read) to get massive amounts of procs was AOE WS procs.
Bad luck then.

tyvm
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-05 14:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, A: you're losing about 20% of your procs right there. B: I wouldn't bother going for white on BST. You'll sacrifice more coins over time than you'd get from a stray white. If you bring a DNC instead, go for white. That's my opinion at least.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-05 14:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh OK Krizz. What ya wrote could have been interpreted either way. Nerf as in doesn't work anymore, or nerf as in bad rate :P. Sorry. Would suck though if you AoE proc'd like 4 mobs and then they got stolen...I could so see that happening lol.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2011-12-05 14:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Well, A: you're losing about 20% of your procs right there. B: I wouldn't bother going for white on BST. You'll sacrifice more coins over time than you'd get from a stray white. If you bring a DNC instead, go for white. That's my opinion at least.

thanks for the input. so as an alternative, maybe have one of us on /dnc for the chance of bumping red procs to 100% ??? seems to me to like we shouldn't give up completely on white??? idk...

(niether of us have DNC or THF level'd)
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-05 14:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

oh speaking of which, the best way to solo currency would be dnc/XXX in dreams, ya? I mean idk how much currency I actually pull in, cuz its usually crowded like hell, but I do at least decently. Better than not farming at all at least lol.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-05 14:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh OK Krizz. What ya wrote could have been interpreted either way. Nerf as in doesn't work anymore, or nerf as in bad rate :P. Sorry. Would suck though if you AoE proc'd like 4 mobs and then they got stolen...I could so see that happening lol.
Yeah, I should've clarified that.

I agree. For the most part, people won't bother you if you're not competing for the same mob/proc. But I would not be surprised in the least to see it happen.

Speaking of AOEing, I was rather impressed by this PLD the other day. He was pulling entire camps of mobs and AOE WSing them with very little damage. I think at one point he switched to single target kills because he thought I was going to steal mobs. I was just watching though. I'm curious how effective it is for him.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-05 14:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

thanks for the input. so as an alternative, maybe have one of us on /dnc for the chance of bumping red procs to 100% ??? seems to me to like we shouldn't give up completely on white??? idk...

(niether of us have DNC or THF level'd)
That's a fine solution, but your white proc rate will drop even more significantly than now.

But, for me, even when I bring DNCs, I prefer to expect nothing and be happily surprised.