Nice To See An Abuse Of The Score System Guys!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Nice to see an abuse of the score system guys!
Nice to see an abuse of the score system guys!
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-26 04:38:09
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
Albender said:
Would you mind to stop the non-sense posts please?

You must be new here. There's a group of posters who do nothing but spam the forum with nonsense/Off-Topic posts all day long in order to inflate their post count.

You make that sound like a bad thing ;3
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-04-26 04:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
You make that sound like a bad thing ;3

I know you're probably just trying to bait me but it is a bad thing. Why?

#1: Some people are naive enough to associate post count on an FFXI forum with FFXI knowledge. One look at Ludoggy is enough to disprove this but most people don't think that far ahead.

#2: The recent topics list on the frontpage get the most clicks/views. Spam posts force the relevant topics(the ones that actually relate to FFXI) off of the frontpage. This means only people who browse through the main forum will find them and I'm willing to wager that not many do that aside from forum regulars.

There's more reasons but I doubt this post will even be acknowledged so I won't waste any more time trying to explain it.

EDIT: Typo fail.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-26 04:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with you, but still.

I likey the post count.
[+]
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-26 04:50:44

Baelorn said:

I know you're probably just trying to bait me but it is a bad thing. Why?

#1: Some people are naive enough to associate post count on an FFXI forum with FFXI knowledge. One look at Ludoggy is enough to disprove this but most people don't think that far ahead.

#2: The recent topics list on the frontpage get the most clicks/views. Spam posts force the relevant topcis(the ones that actually relate to FFXI) off of the frontpage. This means only people who browse through the main forum will find them and I'm willing to wager that not many do that aside from forum regulars.

There's more reasons but I doubt this post will even be acknowledged so I won't waste any more time trying to explain it.

To address your concerns

#1: I never implied or expressed my post count in the sense of having it like a chip on my shoulder. I'm simply bored and enjoying in essence a slow instant messaging with peers within a community we can all relate to: FFXI. You would have to be extremely naive to associate post counts to actual knowledge.

#2: God forbid someone actually has to click 2-3 more times to actually find what they're looking for. I for the most part keep my posts relevant to the topic at hand, even if they derail somewhat. If someone is truly seeking answers to legitimate questions they can dig a little deeper and take 0.2 seconds to look past some of the fun light hearted randomness that sometimes occurs or they can go to a place more informative; like Blue Gartr.

But I suppose your overall attitude is along the lines of:

User submitted image
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-26 05:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

To the Catmobile!
[+]
 Diabolos.Cassi
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-04-26 05:56:06

Ludoggy said:
I dont pay attention to the post scores.
its not like pics or comments where its screaming at you

It's really out of the way, I never ever look to the right while reading crap, and when I do, it's to quote.
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-04-26 06:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

everyone - you korpg because no one likes you, which extends to everything you say. everyone + this who likes america. if you - this, YOU HATE AMERICA. which is ok with me actually.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-26 06:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama said:
everyone - you korpg because no one likes you, which extends to everything you say. everyone + this who likes america. if you - this, YOU HATE AMERICA. which is ok with me actually.

So, how many mules did you create to give me all that - score?
[+]
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-04-26 06:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Houshisama said:

So, how many mules did you create to give me all that - score?

lol thats the funny part, ive only ever - you in my thread

i only have 1 account with ffxi and if i recall the chars are linked when you buy something for a certain price? i only have 1 char registered so in theory i could have 3 accounts here...... so i guess 3. i dont have have 3 though. just 1. all the rest are just people who dont like you or anything you say, like me
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-26 06:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it seems that just you and your friend are the only ones who "hate" me. I still kindof don't understand why though.

Just wondering, why do you hate me so much?
[+]
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-04-26 06:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Well, it seems that just you and your friend are the only ones who "hate" me. I still kindof don't understand why though.

stop talking ever and maybe i wont hate you so much.
im also sick of hearing you complain about things in a sarcastic manner.
and also sick of you going after malekith. no one cares.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-26 07:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama said:
Korpg said:

stop talking ever and maybe i wont hate you so much.
im also sick of hearing you complain about things in a sarcastic manner.
and also sick of you going after malekith. no one cares.

Going inverse order!
I haven't gone after Male for a while now.
How can you tell sarcastic remarks over the internet?
Sorry, I have my freedoms like you.
[+]
 Diabolos.Aphy
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-26 11:59:21

D: shut up im popular! and I care about my ratings! DONT RATE ME DOWN or ill find out where u live...
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-26 12:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea why my name was dragged into this. I don't follow anyone. Anyways. I am undecided on this new addition. It's nice to see +'s, sometimes. I don't sit and re-read everything that was said previously before I joined the thread. Being able to skim read for +s make it a littler easier, to read things that may possibly be of use or interesting. However, while the +s are nice, for whatever reason, people like to spam the - button. Usually just because they don't like the person or just think it's cool. I've been a victim of it myself and I always question why people find it funny to - people's posts.

Going back to my name being dragged into this lovely thread. I will admit that I do not - people. There are a lot of people on this form I dislike and I can't think of anyone that I've rated down. Simply because I rarely get that OTT over someone on the internet.
I will admit I do use the + though, in hopes that other people who don't have time to re-read everything, notice the + and decide to stop and read the post which I usually find has useful or good information to it. Everything else I just leave blank.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-26 13:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kind of ironic, but if people are making an effort to troll and rate down everything that Korpg posts and not rate up/down anybody else, wouldn't that actually make Korpg the most popular? lol
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-26 13:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest Korpg, I'm surprised you are as concerned about the down ratings as you seem to be here. You always struck me as the type that didn't give a ***about such things...

Not that there's anything wrong with that, I was irritated for about 3 seconds when my pics and comments got rated down, but then I realized that it's just 'cause there's so many children out there that are like "HURR LOOK AT ME IM GONNA RATE DOWN 4 NO REASON LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!1!!1!1!!" and I quickly decided I could give two shits what anyone else's opinion on the "quality of my posts" is. If anything, when the Mods see those same people down-rating posts for no other reason then the fact that they're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, they'll take corrective measures. I mean, you may be argumentative, you've admitted as much yourself...but I wouldn't call you a troll, and I'm sure most wouldn't either, with the obvious exemptions of your arch-nemeses (not taking a side for the love of god, just stating the fact that they exist and would prolly rate down)

And even if the mods aren't watching that close, at the very least it'll illustrate that, as with the anonymous posting, there's only a select few of us that can be trusted with using the rating system correctly, and they'll modify it or get rid of it altogether. So in essence, you getting a -25 on a post for no reason is a community service for the greater good.

Or not...whatever ^^
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-26 13:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Im seeing this thread moved to that flame core section already.

I feel like I'm back in highschool.

I HAET U xx#2xx!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111////
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-04-26 13:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Xxnumbertwoxx

True story. For the first 2 sentances anyway. I am not sure what the rest says. lol
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-26 13:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
I HAET U xx#2xx!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111////

OMGZ I HAET JOO 2!!!!!!!!!!! UR BEAR IS TEH GHEY LOLOLOLOLORZ!!!!1!!!11!!!111one
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-26 13:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

OYA?! UR RBOT CHIKEN STAR TEK IS 4 NERDZ!!!!1@a

LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-26 13:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
OYA?! UR RBOT CHIKEN STAR TEK IS 4 NERDZ!!!!1@a

LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

ORLY?! Y U STFU NUBSAUCE RBT CH1K3N IS T3H ***LOL GG PWNT!!!!!1!!!!!1!!1!!!!!!!!11111!!!1111
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-26 13:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

UR SO MEEN! IM GUNNA WRTE NASTY THNGS BOUT U IN MY LIVEJOURNAL NOW!!

"DEAR ASSFACES..."
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-26 13:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
UR SO MEEN! IM GUNNA WRTE NASTY THNGS BOUT U IN MY LIVEJOURNAL NOW!!

"DEAR ASSFACES..."

LOL
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-26 13:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
Albender said:
Would you mind to stop the non-sense posts please?

You must be new here. There's a group of posters who do nothing but spam the forum with nonsense/Off-Topic posts all day long in order to inflate their post count.

you can take away my post count and i'll still act the same way.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-26 13:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Didnt know off-topic posts shouldnt count towards post count..

Man they should really give this place an "Off-topic" board then, you know.. for off topic posting.

..oh wait.
[+]
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-26 13:33:46

I think this thread will be the catalyst to prove it's own point and hopefully be the end of this pointless and frequently abused system.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-26 13:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I abused it.

I rated you up. Im such a horrible person D:
[+]
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Server: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-04-26 14:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Simply put, make yourself look like an arrogant ***, get your post rated down. People just don't like you.
Besides, I'm clearly superior.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-04-26 14:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

damn you guys are so angry lol
[+]
 Diabolos.Aphy