Redemption Or Caladbold?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Redemption or Caladbold?
Redemption or Caladbold?
 Ragnarok.Lugat
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-10-19 11:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Moonshade should never ben Regain.

6swings+WS = a 7hit just call it that.
5swings+WS = 6hit etc etc
this ^
[+]
 Asura.Toxleh
Server: Asura
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-10-19 11:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

my set is a true 6 hit lol.. moonshade regain factors in by the end to make it enough.. and for torcleaver yeah im sure tp bonus moonshade is better, but i prefer mine and work it into most sets
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-10-19 11:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Do what I did, do both
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-10-19 11:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Quote:
Can you just say 7hit instead? "1 torcleaver + 6 hits" gets a little confusing lol
No because most of the "true" six hits you will see are still 1 torcleaver and 6 normal hits to 100 tp. The only time you gain a hit over the "7" hit build is when you start from 0 tp. So almost never.

Edited for clarity.

What?
A "true" 6hit is ws + 5hits, or just 6 hits without a ws.

Right, and unless they are weaponskilling with all their STP gear on, 5 hits + 1 Torcleaver wont break 100tp.

So basically, "true" 6 hitting Cala means gimping both your TP ans WS sets.

That's true, and as far as I know, 7hit is overall better than 6hit unless it's on really weak mobs?
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-10-19 11:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toxleh said: »
my set is a true 6 hit lol.. moonshade regain factors in by the end to make it enough.. and for torcleaver yeah im sure tp bonus moonshade is better, but i prefer mine and work it into most sets

Gimping your WS damage for a random amount of regain is horribly gimp.
Cala should be 7 hitted with the current gear available. I'm almost done with it so I'll put some sets together.
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-10-19 11:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No it's not, and lol no, it doesn't.

yes, yes it is its how i do my apoc sets and i end in 100% sooo yeah why don't you just try it and not just disregard something because your stupid to understand it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-10-19 11:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, yes it is its how i do my apoc sets and i end in 100% sooo yeah why don't you just try it and not just disregard something because your stupid to understand it.

Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-10-19 11:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

random? its 1 tic regain, aka 1 regain every 3 seconds i hardly call that random, 1 tp ~ .7 store tp so assuming you even get 1 tic of regain during all 6 of your swings you would have enough. and like i did say, moonshade with tp bonus might be better for some ppl like your masa, but its gimp for apoc as well as most ppl who's ws modifiers mean absolutely nothing.
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-10-19 11:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have to try it I can do math. You're getting 16.2 TP per swing in your tp set, and swinging once every 4.33 seconds with DB/LR and Haste.

5 swings in 21.65 seconds for a total of 81 tp
Moonshade returns 7.21 tp in that time.
That's not 100 tp sir.

i'd hate to see your math grades, because i said 6 hit? never once said 5 hit for cala. Soo let us add it in.

16.2 x 5 = 81 + 13 from ws + your 7.21 tp = 101.21% tp

lol caught it before u deleted it
[+]
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-19 11:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pfft, obviously he was taking into account the fact that you'll miss all your weaponskills! Silly drks!
 Ragnarok.Lugat
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-10-19 11:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

NEEDS MORE 5 HIT voidwatch builds!
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-10-19 11:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have to try it I can do math. You're getting 16.2 TP per swing in your tp set, and swinging once every 4.33 seconds with DB/LR and Haste.

5 swings in 21.65 seconds for a total of 81 tp
Moonshade returns 7.21 tp in that time.
That's not 100 tp sir.

i'd hate to see your math grades, because i said 6 hit? never once said 5 hit for cala. Soo let us add it in.

16.2 x 5 = 81 + 13 from ws + your 7.21 tp = 101.21% tp

lol caught it before u deleted it

Besides what others are pointing out, that's also assuming no Double Attacks or Triple Attacks occurring, since if either of those manage to occur, it'll mess with the number of hits it takes for you to get to 100% TP. What if, due to a double or triple attack, you get your five swings in after your weaponskill well before the regain gives you the 7.21 TP? You'll likely get another swing in, and boom, instant 7-hit rather than the 6-hit you're claiming.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-10-19 11:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Wulfshadow said: »
Pfft, obviously he's Kin37ix

ftfy
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-10-19 11:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pfft, obviously he was taking into account the fact that you'll miss all your weaponskills! Silly drks!
-_-

you know it hurts enough when it actually does happen, no need to rub it in <_<;;

also I always, ALWAYS use ACC food when playing on my DRK
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-19 11:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Flionheart said: »
Pfft, obviously he's Kin37ix

ftfy
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-10-19 11:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

random? its 1 tic regain, aka 1 regain every 3 seconds i hardly call that random, 1 tp ~ .7 store tp so assuming you even get 1 tic of regain during all 6 of your swings you would have enough. and like i did say, moonshade with tp bonus might be better for some ppl like your masa, but its gimp for apoc as well as most ppl who's ws modifiers mean absolutely nothing.[/quote]

Foot in mouth much?

It is random. The amount of time it takes you to get to 100tp is not a fixed amount and the time you WS between "tics" is not fixed. The regain you get to 100tp will be different after each WS depends on the time of the "tic" the amount of haste you have and if you DA/TA/QA. Building around a 1tp/tic regain earring is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE with all the stp available in the game. We are also discussing Cala which benefits from having a TPbonus moonshade. Even with Apoc its not needed, I 5hit just fine.
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-10-19 11:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You're weaponskilling in goading, rajas, hagneia, ace's feet, and tyrant's though. Why do that to your Torcleaver?

no im not, read harder, i factor'd in 13 tp for ws which is ONLY using rose strap and /sam. so i gave you LOTS of play in what gear u ws in. and the double attack factor is low. and it just adds to ur DOT in the end.
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-10-19 11:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have to try it I can do math. You're getting 16.2 TP per swing in your tp set, and swinging once every 4.33 seconds with DB/LR and Haste. 5 swings in 21.65 seconds for a total of 81 tp Moonshade returns 7.21 tp in that time. That's not 100 tp sir.
i'd hate to see your math grades, because i said 6 hit? never once said 5 hit for cala. Soo let us add it in. 16.2 x 5 = 81 + 13 from ws + your 7.21 tp = 101.21% tp lol caught it before u deleted it
random? its 1 tic regain, aka 1 regain every 3 seconds i hardly call that random, 1 tp ~ .7 store tp so assuming you even get 1 tic of regain during all 6 of your swings you would have enough. and like i did say, moonshade with tp bonus might be better for some ppl like your masa, but its gimp for apoc as well as most ppl who's ws modifiers mean absolutely nothing.

Foot in mouth much?

only half in there
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-10-19 12:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Both are a gigantic pain in the *** to hitbuild.
It's pretty easy if you ask me. 1 Torcleaver and 6 hits /SAM with the following build will net you exactly 100tp, and you can WS in whatever you want.

Thats a 7hit. The pain in the *** is making a 6hit. If you could 6hit with a decent build, GS would be a beast.
33stp. 11.0x1.33 = 14.6 x 6 = 87.6 + WS 12.6 = 100.2

@Detzu - You have one. Two of my very good friends have one. Its not horrible but its the worst Emp/Mythic/Relic a DRK can use. If ignore defense is doing you any good your on the wrong job. The last problem DRK has is attack. Most of your WSs will ignore 10% def....even in VW with Wing spam its 50%. But every DRK will be using temps as well, capping their attack (or close) and using far superior WSs.

Well i don't have those temp items yet. When i'll get them i'll test torcleaver again on high def mobs.
However you're right, Torcleaver is supposed to be a stronger ws, i remember a 3k + on DL while Quietus hardly reached 2.4k.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-10-19 12:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I put a couple sets up on my page. How do they look?
Armadaberk has 6stp 3da.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-10-19 12:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Like item sets
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-10-19 12:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Like item sets

Fact
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-10-19 12:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So I saw someone running around in this setup as 85 PLD the other day. Thought it was... interesting? xD

Giving Caladbolg users a bad name!
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-10-23 02:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Both are a gigantic pain in the *** to hitbuild.
It's pretty easy if you ask me. 1 Torcleaver and 6 hits /SAM with the following build will net you exactly 100tp, and you can WS in whatever you want.

Thats a 7hit. The pain in the *** is making a 6hit. If you could 6hit with a decent build, GS would be a beast.
33stp. 11.0x1.33 = 14.6 x 6 = 87.6 + WS 12.6 = 100.2

@Detzu - You have one. Two of my very good friends have one. Its not horrible but its the worst Emp/Mythic/Relic a DRK can use. If ignore defense is doing you any good your on the wrong job. The last problem DRK has is attack. Most of your WSs will ignore 10% def....even in VW with Wing spam its 50%. But every DRK will be using temps as well, capping their attack (or close) and using far superior WSs.

Well i don't have those temp items yet. When i'll get them i'll test torcleaver again on high def mobs.
However you're right, Torcleaver is supposed to be a stronger ws, i remember a 3k + on DL while Quietus hardly reached 2.4k.

I absorbed Warcry effect on Kholomondumo which put my attack close to cap i think, then i did a 2.6k Torcleaver. With proper gears i think i can do more.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-10-23 03:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
So I saw someone running around in this setup as 85 PLD the other day. Thought it was... interesting? xD

Giving Caladbolg users a bad name!
clearly an idle set built around refresh/defense/vit
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-10-23 03:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

These were my sets before I quit:

TP low ACC TP:

phasmida belt and tyrant's ring would be improvements.

TP High ACC:

5 STP 2 DA E:Body, HQ would obviously be an improvement.

TP High ACC with Marches/Last Resort:

If you are recieving marches for whatever reason, you actually only need 17% Haste in gear during Last Resort. I was never that fortunate in Voidwatch though.

Torcleaver LR Down:

Torcleaver LR Up:

TP Bonus Moonshade, and Dilaram's sollerets would be an improvement over Onyx boost for LR down set, havent done any math to compare them to jingang when LR is up.