Bahamut.Ragnell
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-24 12:18:19
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Ragnell said:
Maats cap doesnt take that much work to get, grind jobs to 66 and get one, owning a shitton of relics would be more relistic to the "no life" statement

Not really, relic can be all IGE'd as long as you have a dynamis LS ready to get you rare/ex items needed. Wait even these can be bought. Enter with any random LS, offer a couple of million, rare/ex GET. And when not IGE'd, all you need is a very successful endgame LS making a lot of business with everything they can. (being leader or sack helps).

Sure you can pay for powerleveling also, but it's way easier to just buy gils. (and no I'm not selling all relic owner are gils buyers :d).

Yea You could buy gil to make it easier or pay Linkshells, but ***for the same amount you paid that LS you coulda did it yourself, and buying gil for relics? Really? Paying Real money for fake money I never *** understood, but to each their own I guess
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-24 12:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnell said:

Yea You could buy gil to make it easier or pay Linkshells, but ***for the same amount you paid that LS you coulda did it yourself, and buying gil for relics? Really? Paying Real money for fake money I never *** understood, but to each their own I guess

Well for some people $5,000 is just like $0.50 for us :] Pocket money. We've seen people buying WoW account for $10K+, so why not a relic after all :/
[+]
 Diabolos.Aphy
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-24 12:35:31

I wish I was one of those ppl where 5k was .50. D:
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-24 12:52:27

If I worked full time I'd have my mythic by now. I'd totally have me some chinese RMT funding my Alexandrite.

But really, this thread sucks.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Eurydice
Server: Caitsith
user:
By Caitsith.Eurydice 2009-04-24 13:46:50

*K, edited format from a block to paragraphs [/smile] woot*

----------------------------------------------

I'm going to add my ramblings here: Yeah, I also hate it when people repeat the "It's just a game" mantra to excuse douchebag behavior like being way under-geared in a party or monopolizing NMs or just generally being a ***.

On the other side of it, though, I myself have reminded people, for completely different reasons, that it's "just a game."

People can get all ridiculous and pathetic and show that they clearly get their only sense of pride and self-worth from their character(s) in this game, and act like giant a-holes because of it. If they keep to themselves, that's fine (as sad as it is). However, when they try to "get" me personally with that crap, I have to respond with ridicule.

I love this game, and I take it seriously enough that I get all mad, just like anyone else, when I lose exp, or my favorite upper-60s FoV camp of Very Toughs is crowded with players to whom the mobs can't possibly check harder than EP, or I accept a party invite and it ends up being a total waste of my time because they're insanely unprepared, or someone takes an NM from under me, or any of the myriad other things there are to get mad at in this game.

So yeah, I take the game seriously. However, I don't mistake my character's accomplishments for anything genuinely important in life. Sure, I loved getting Rank 10 in two nations before I was level 60, and sure I drool over crazy-awesome gear, and of course, sure, I love that I can solo some pretty damned difficult mobs. I love my gardening knowledge and that I raised a sweet li'l red chocobo. I love that I got myself back into skilling up my cooking and it's finally getting to a respectable level. I love that I recently got back to spending more time leveling my RDM and she should be 75 in less time than it took me to take her to 50 once I started playing last year. (I'm no power-leveler, that's fo' sho'.)

But my loving the game and wanting to get things done in it doesn't translate into my being selfish or a *** to other players. If you've met me in-game and you think I AM a ***, then I guarantee you did something totally and completely dickish to see that side of me. I'm hard to anger, and I don't play selfishly. If I want to farm materials from mobs that lower-level players are trying to level on, I move on. If I decide to camp an NM for some R/E gear I won't even use soon but someone with a job that can use it now shows up, I go do something else, or I might even stay and help them get it. I mean seriously, come on.

So anyway, my point is that there are two completely different sets of reasons that people say "It's just a game." Some say it to excuse their own douchbag behavior, but some of us say it to other people in an attempt to get THEM to stop acting like a ***.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-24 13:54:40

Paragraphing goes a long way.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-24 13:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Eurydice said:
I'm going to add my ramblings here: Yeah, I also hate it when people repeat the "It's just a game" mantra to excuse douchebag behavior like being way under-geared in a party or monopolizing NMs or just generally being a ***. On the other side of it, though, I myself have reminded people, for completely different reasons, that it's "just a game." People can get all ridiculous and pathetic and show that they clearly get their only sense of pride and self-worth from their character(s) in this game, and act like giant a-holes because of it. If they keep to themselves, that's fine (as sad as it is). However, when they try to "get" me personally with that crap, I have to respond with ridicule. I love this game, and I take it seriously enough that I get all mad, just like anyone else, when I lose exp, or my favorite upper-60s FoV camp of Very Toughs is crowded with players to whom the mobs can't possibly check harder than EP, or I accept a party invite and it ends up being a total waste of my time because they're insanely unprepared, or someone takes an NM from under me, or any of the myriad other things there are to get mad at in this game. So yeah, I take the game seriously. However, I don't mistake my character's accomplishments for anything genuinely important in life. Sure, I loved getting Rank 10 in two nations before I was level 60, and sure I drool over crazy-awesome gear, and of course, sure, I love that I can solo some pretty damned difficult mobs. I love my gardening knowledge and that I raised a sweet li'l red chocobo. I love that I got myself back into skilling up my cooking and it's finally getting to a respectable level. I love that I recently got back to spending more time leveling my RDM and she should be 75 in less time than it took me to take her to 50 once I started playing last year. (I'm no power-leveler, that's fo' sho'.) But my loving the game and wanting to get things done in it doesn't translate into my being selfish or a *** to other players. If you've met me in-game and you think I AM a ***, then I guarantee you did something totally and completely dickish to see that side of me. I'm hard to anger, and I don't play selfishly. If I want to farm materials from mobs that lower-level players are trying to level on, I move on. If I decide to camp an NM for some R/E gear I won't even use soon but someone with a job that can use it now shows up, I go do something else, or I might even stay and help them get it. I mean seriously, come on. So anyway, my point is that there are two completely different sets of reasons that people say "It's just a game." Some say it to excuse their own douchbag behavior, but some of us say it to other people in an attempt to get THEM to stop acting like a ***.

DAMN!
[+]
 Ifrit.Durai
Server: Ifrit
user: olan
By Ifrit.Durai 2009-04-24 13:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

o.o;

it is very difficult to read a wall of text.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-24 14:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:

And so does not being an ***. :P At least they used decent spelling/grammar.

It's just a forum!
Sheesh!
[+]
 Caitsith.Eurydice
user:
By Caitsith.Eurydice 2009-04-24 14:02:18

Hehe... I know... sorry *blush* -- Luckily, I don't post often! [/smile]

Durai said:
o.o;

it is very difficult to read a wall of text.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-24 14:02:23

I'm not being an ***, I'm being honest. Got anything else to add troll?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-24 14:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Artemicion said:

It's just a forum!
Sheesh!

But it comes down to...
Why bother posting if will just hurt all of our eyes trying. ; ;
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-24 14:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:

Yeah, you were. No one was forcing you to read it.

Do I hear the pot calling the kettle black?

Haseyo said:
But it comes down to...

It didn't hurt my eyes. I enjoyed her post.
[+]
 Caitsith.Eurydice
user:
By Caitsith.Eurydice 2009-04-24 14:11:49

Sorry; didn't mean to injure anyone. I read quite a bit online and off-, and it doesn't bother me when it's solid text. If I wanna read it, I do; if I don't wanna read it, I don't. Anyway... I edited the original post to add paragraphs so no one else gets their eyes hurt. I don't like harming people.

Haseyo said:
Tbest said:
Artemicion said:

It's just a forum!
Sheesh!

But it comes down to...
 Caitsith.Eurydice
user:
By Caitsith.Eurydice 2009-04-24 14:12:46

Thank you, Tbest! *hugs*
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-24 14:15:22

Tbest said:
Artemicion said:

I didn't read it for the previously stated reason. You make less and less sense every time you post my friend.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-24 14:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just forum ediqi...
Ededk...
Edi...
Fancyness.
[+]
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-24 14:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
It's just forum ediqi...
Ededk...
Edi...
Fancyness.

FANCYPANTS!
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-24 14:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Atleast I have pants!
[+]
 Garuda.Seraka
user: Seraka
By Garuda.Seraka 2009-04-24 14:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole "It's just a game." is just a bunch of bull.

Technically, baseball, football, soccer, bowling and basketball are all "just games" but people have turned them into "sports".

Sports where they pay people to play.

I know there are professional gaming tournaments out there.

If people are competing playing some "game" for money and titles, then how come it's not a sport?

If your logic says it's not physically active enough or doesn't require enough natural skill or ect, then why the hell is poker on ESPN?

Who knows, maybe video games are the next category in sports.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ranbu
Server: Carbuncle
user: Ranbu
By Carbuncle.Ranbu 2009-04-24 14:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

"it's just a fukin mmorpg game man -_-"
yes, last few days i've written it a bunch of times.
But not gameplay-wise (or gear-related lol) .. Drama-wise.
My Ls is like a *** Daily Soap (i think all LS with <8 members are lol)
it's so annoying.. "YOU DON'T WANT HELP ME WITH AF XY BUT U HELPED XY WITH XY!"
"YOU WRITE BEHIND MY BACK WITH XY ABOUT XYXY"
These guys need a reality check ...-_-
These Dramaqueens/kings need a RL where they can argue aaall day long. I would love to hear only gameplay-related stuff in my LS.. meh
Hope you get my point, sry for mah raped english.
cheers
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-24 14:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraka said:

Who knows, maybe video games are the next category in sports.

BOOM.

Headshot.
 Garuda.Seraka
user: Seraka
By Garuda.Seraka 2009-04-24 14:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranbu said:
"YOU DON'T WANT HELP ME WITH AF XY BUT U HELPED XY WITH XY!"
"YOU WRITE BEHIND MY BACK WITH XY ABOUT XYXY"

I find this amusing because there's a girl on my server that is my friend and linkshellmate, named Xylyndra, we call her Xy for short.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-24 15:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Tbest said:
Artemicion said:

I didn't read it for the previously stated reason. You make less and less sense every time you post my friend.

Exactly. Thanks for proving my point. If you don't want to read something, don't. Instead, you feel the need to make a smart-*** comment about it instead. You're such a nice guy. Are you 'trying' to deter people from posting here?

And don't even 'try' to call me a friend. It's just wishful thinking on your part.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-24 15:05:46

Troll much Tbest? I stated the reason why I didn't read it, as others made similar comments the poster thereby corrected their post for our viewing pleasure. It's not even your post and you're here to whine about it? Yeesh.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-24 15:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... Read much? I wasn't saying anything bad about her post. I was simply stating if you didn't like it, you didn't have to read it. And you sure didn't have to comment about it to get her to put breaks in it.

As for the trolling part... *Looks at his post count, then looks at Artemicion's.* You were saying?
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-24 15:12:05

Tbest said:
lol... Read much? I wasn't saying anything bad about her post. I was simply stating if you didn't like it, you didn't have to read it. And you sure didn't have to comment about it to get her to put breaks in it.

As for the trolling part... *Looks at his post count, then looks at Artemicion's.* You were saying?

User submitted image

{Can I have it?}

Edit: You keep failing to realize that I was merely suggesting paragraphing their wall-o-text so we can read it easier. I wasn't interested until they did and upon their edit found it to be a good statement. Instead you somehow managed to Q_Q about it and turn in into an argument.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-24 15:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the real reason we type correctly: To avoid derailing threads with arguements about trolling about grammar and punctuation.
[+]
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-24 15:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
This is the real reason we type correctly: To avoid derailing threads with arguements about trolling about grammar and punctuation.

And, because it's just the right thing to do!

Proper formatting and grammar for the win! ^^
[+]