New Gear + Noobs = Lolgear? [Post The Most Dum Estnew Gear+augments Gotten From The New Missions Here]

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New gear + noobs = lolgear? [Post the most dum estnew gear+augments gotten from the new missions here]
New gear + noobs = lolgear? [Post the most dum estnew gear+augments gotten from the new missions here]
First Page 2
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-04-13 02:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well so far the dumbest one I seen so far was...
The mage body... double attack + Acc +10 on a WHM/Nin >.> lol
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-13 02:01:11
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I think the title of this thread speaks enough about you.

Good day.
 Remora.Kindle
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-04-13 02:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

lloooolll drunk ftw
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-04-13 02:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My Whm/Nin friend is soloing things some DD could not solo and he kills some hard monsters faster than other jobs. That's what he loves to do! He merited club and crits first lol. Often I saw people being very impressed by what he's doing on Whm and I can easily imagine him turning the Royal Redingote into a better DD piece than Reverend Mail. It's all situational and it goes with your play style. Nothing funny or noobish in a whm/nin making a DD body.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-13 02:56:23

This update with all the new spells and JAs makes WHM even more of a forced to be reckoned with when it comes to their melee/solo capacity. I for one welcome the versatility and wider utility of WHM's capacities.

No job should be restricted to one specific task using the same drawn out method.
 Remora.Kutsurabi
user: Kutsurabi
By Remora.Kutsurabi 2009-04-13 03:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Enmity +5 Enmity -5 thread closed.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-04-13 04:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This topic looks familiar... oh!!! cuz it is!!!

BTW, where you drunk when you chose that uber avatar as well?
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-04-13 04:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kutsurabi said:

This thread ended when he/she hit enter...
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-04-13 04:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As a WHM, I want all the shiny new gear. Why do you see so many WHMs making the mage gear into Whinja gear? Simply put, none of the augments are good enough to macro out a Noble's Tunic or Cleric Body for.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-13 04:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet Accuracy and Attack on the Heavy DD body....

and you don't have DRG leveled to 75 either.....
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-13 04:45:06

Sterling said:
As a WHM, I want all the shiny new gear. Why do you see so many WHMs making the mage gear into Whinja gear? Simply put, none of the augments are good enough to macro out a Noble's Tunic or Cleric Body for.

This is true. Although if devoted enough to the old fashioned ways of back line healing as WHM, a worthy augmentation of Fast Cast & -Enmity or Magic Acc or MAB would be noteworthy. Especially since now Banish and Holy aren't entirely useless with the given job abilities and their bonuses.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-04-13 05:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Sterling said:

This is true. Although if devoted enough to the old fashioned ways of back line healing as WHM, a worthy augmentation of Fast Cast & -Enmity or Magic Acc or MAB would be noteworthy. Especially since now Banish and Holy aren't entirely useless with the given job abilities and their bonuses.

This could be very nice with a good HMP setup. Unfortunately I'm hooked on my Refresh and some things like Fast Cast and -Enmity aren't really worth it. Blessed gear is already packed with Haste and with all the super-PLDs out there today, -enmity is almost useless. Although MACC and MAB would be lovely additions, I just don't know if giving up Refresh or Cure Potency/Regen Bonus would really make it worth it. It'd be nice if SE had made the augments a little more WHM friendly, but thats probably why we got all the nice abilities and spells in the last update. And hey, I'm totally fine with that!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-13 06:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

A Paladin had Enmity +5 and Fast Cast +5%. What a loser, he obviously fails at life to make such a terrible choice.
 Odin.Darthmara
Server: Odin
user: Darthmara
By Odin.Darthmara 2009-04-13 06:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
A Paladin had Enmity +5 and Fast Cast +5%. What a loser, he obviously fails at life to make such a terrible choice.

I think what you wrote (second sentence ) speaks enough about you.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-13 06:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yes? And what's that? :)
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-13 06:58:19

Darthmara said:
Wooooodum said:

Stranger to sarcasm much?
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-13 07:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Darthmara said:
Wooooodum said:

Stranger to sarcasm much?

I always wanted something to let our writing look like sarcastic or ironic... like bold or italic... cant be that hard, would make some ignorant lives much happier (~'-')~
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-13 07:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a little icon next to my name warning you of the incoming sarcasm. It looks like this:

User submitted image
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-13 07:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
There's a little icon next to my name warning you of the incoming sarcasm. It looks like this:

User submitted image

so what does mine imply User submitted image

<.<"""
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-13 07:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see that. Whenever you post, all I see is:

User submitted image

<3
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-04-13 07:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread sucks -.-

User submitted image
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-04-13 07:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO the whole point of this system is to make gear with stats on that SE generally say you cant have.

WTF is the point in making a Hauby for you WAR, the hauby already exisits, and you should have one. Do you really need that 300k so bad that you are gonna pass up a body peice that could offer you something you can't get any other way?

PLD, NIN, BLM and BRD can have Fastcast (along with other jobs that could make use of it)
DRG can have STR, DEX and ACC (and something else)
SCH and RDM can have a Weskit
COR and RNG can have have R.ACC AND R.ATT (I know a lot COR's will have the QD one)
MNK can have STR, DEX and ACC (and something else)

The list goes on, and the WHM/NIN one is just another example.

Take your head out your *** and understand that this is a chance for alot of people to break the mold. I don't doubt some people will make stupid choices. Almost all of the combinations can be useful for every job at some point, it may not suit you, but obviously suits them.

*PS I know so super rare peices can offer some of the above, but they are super rare :-P *
 Siren.Enko
Server: Siren
user: enko
By Siren.Enko 2009-04-13 08:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What an elitist *** thread (apart from the sizzling sarcasm and the touching balls)
 Midgardsormr.Katashuro
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sephyrus
By Midgardsormr.Katashuro 2009-04-13 08:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kutsurabi said:

ahahahahaha. That made my day already.
 Carbuncle.Mannix
user: Mannie
By Carbuncle.Mannix 2009-04-13 11:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said:
In defense from whm / nin... its meant as a way to have fun. I would not waste a 1 time only body on it but its a great way to waste time. If you were going for Mjollnir then maybe it would be acceptable, ugly body for melee though. And if i personally would gear for whm/nin it would be acc and attack instead of DA since I enjoy fighting more difficult mobs (VT - IT).

I personally geared mine for sam. It provided the most benefit for me.

I know people out there hear about a whm meleeing and laugh about it. I'd love to knock their skull in like every other non-believer I've fought :) White Mage is the healing class, but we can solo very well. Only thing different between us and a rdm is refresh, convert, and phalanx when it comes to staying alive. We have our limits but Mystic Boon opened the door a little wider for us. Not much due to our low attack / accuracy causing a low mp return. If you loved whm / nin so much to sacrifice the only body in the game that is this flexible then it would be worth it to that person, maybe not for the other 98% of the population.

explain <.<
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-04-13 11:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:

User submitted image

lol.
First Page 2