Full Metal Alchemist Season 2!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » full metal alchemist season 2!
full metal alchemist season 2!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-07 07:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Good! I'll start piecing something together soon. What're you using to connect to IRC servers/channels, btw?
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-07 08:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Eclipse runs a rizon chat server.

http://eclipse.speedsubs.org/irc
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-09 08:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
Please do, but first I need a guide to actually getting on their IRC channels because everytime I register a nickname with a u/p it causes a big ol' mess.
How are you doing it? Registering a nick is pretty straightforward as its just a matter of choosing a permanent name to use, registering it with a password then logging in/identifying it the next time you use that nick. Adding the command just in case:

/msg nickserv REGISTER <choose a password>

/msg nickserv IDENTIFY <your password>

I tried using that server you linked that Eclipse has, even created a fake account and registered it to test XDCC transfers but the problem is web-hosted IRC apps generally don't allow XDCC transfers which kind of screws the pooch. You can send the commands and all, but there's no way to accept and receive the file.

I'd suggest trying Chatzilla if you're on Firefox. It's dead simple and I don't recall ever having to register a nick either. Anyhow, once you're able to, when you find an episode you want, just check the relevant Bot List on their site for whatever series you're looking at, and the bot commands will be listed next to each episode. FMA page for Eclipse: http://eclipse.speedsubs.org/xdcc/alchemist

Sample string you'd use to request Episode 35 in h264: /msg pedowars xdcc send #28

Best botname ever. lol
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-09 08:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ALSO!

<333333
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-02-22 17:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

In regards to episode 45, since I can't spoiler this ***, I'll just say I am *** shocked at Alex Louis Armstrong. Still my favorite anime family of all time OFALLTIME, but c'man mang.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-02-22 17:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For the sake of brevity it went something like

Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-22 18:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL, it surely did. But omg, Cai, it gets SOOOO much better later on in terms of how truly pwn the Armstrong family is--this was but a taste. <3

NOooooooooOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOo~
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-02-22 18:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyi the english dub'a are now being aired on cartoon network it airs every saturday @ 12am. I think they are up to episode 2 the 1st episode aired this past saturday. This version is remake of the 1st but like posted earlier is more from the manga story line. The manga is like the comic series in japan, and if your were ever into comics you'll understand they have way better story lines and are more adult orientated. So basically this should be a better version of the 1st probably more death blood sex ect.. lol
Jap anime FTW XD
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-02-22 18:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they're planning to work together, this in-house feuding does not sit well with me. I'm sure the youngest daughter, (I want to say Catherine?) will turn out to be some sort of *** ex-Xing Assassin or god knows what. lol
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-02-22 18:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Fyi the english dub'a are now being aired on cartoon network it airs every saturday @ 12am. I think they are up to episode 2 the 1st episode aired this past saturday. This version is remake of the 1st but like posted earlier is more from the manga story line. The manga is like the comic series in japan, and if your were ever into comics you'll understand they have way better story lines and are more adult orientated. So basically this should be a better version of the 1st probably more death blood sex ect.. lol
Jap anime FTW XD
The one airing in English on Adult Swim is the same one we're talking about! The thread title should probably read "Brotherhood" and not season 2 since they're technically different series, but yeah, watching that version as well. The Japanese and English both have awesome voice actors, but since I originally saw the series in English and they some of the same voice actors it holds a special place in my heart. Alphonse is hilariously squeaky now. lol
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-22 19:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of the reason why I love the Japanese dub is because Shinichiro Miki is the seiyuu for Mustang--the same seiyuu as Urahara Kisuke from Bleach, and Kurz Weber from Full Metal Panic!. <3
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-02-22 19:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how we're both pretending him being the original James of Team Rocket fame doesn't qualify him for that very short list. (hint: IT DOES)
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-03-01 21:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF of the episode: MOAR WINRY FANSERVICE????

discuss.
 Seraph.Greyfin
user: Greyfin
By Seraph.Greyfin 2010-03-01 21:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fap Fap.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-01 21:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I can not wait for episode 47. You guys think we're on the final episodes?
 Seraph.Greyfin
By Seraph.Greyfin 2010-03-01 21:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the manga is a lot longer.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-01 21:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait seriously? YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-03-01 21:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

IN THE BATH: OVERBOOB

UNKNOWINGLY IN THE ROOM WITH ED EATING GRILLED CHEESE: UNDERBOOB

I will piece together this magical puzzle

...and keep it for myself.
 Seraph.Greyfin
By Seraph.Greyfin 2010-03-01 21:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I like underboob more than overboob for some reason.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-01 21:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, aren't we already at like volume 19/23~ of the manga?
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-03-01 21:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember a game-cover of an old PSX fighting game had some girl with underboob and that was my first exposure of it, at like 13. I'm no boobologist, but I'd rank it "pretty awesome."
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-03-01 22:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Greyfin said:
No, the manga is a lot longer.
The manga IS longer (and, fyi, hasn't ended JUST yet, but is in its final stages as cited by Arakawa), but for now, the anime is approaching the climax. YAKUSOKU NO HI, ZOMG.

I'm actually quite surprised how fast it's going! Or maybe it felt longer because manga chapters are released only ONCE A MONTH *tears out eyes* *keeps refreshing Onemanga.com page*
 Hades.Darkanaseur
Server: Hades
By Hades.Darkanaseur 2010-03-01 22:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
boobologist

lol
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-03-01 22:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

oh right, FMA.

SO, this is the first episode that the incredibly obvious similarities between Hawkeye and Winry became apparent to me. The hair/appearance and the dogs are both kind of obvious ones, but their respective relationships with the men in their lives further shows how Ed and Mustang are similar in a lot of ways in what they're trying to accomplish, in their own ways.

I think the cute nod to Edward with Den's automail arm is pretty great too. Like "this is ed-dog, and this is mustang-dog." lol
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-03-01 22:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
Wait, aren't we already at like volume 19/23~ of the manga?
Around chapter 85; don't know about volume, though. :o
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-03-01 22:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: Winry attempts to soothe Japan's concerns over tsunamis.
[+]
 Seraph.Greyfin
By Seraph.Greyfin 2010-03-01 22:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They are nearing the manga point, but its still going on. I have been keeping up with the manga, and i hate the cliffhanger its on D:
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-03-01 22:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno Grey; are you talking about chapter 104? It's a cliffhanger alright, but it's one damn hell of a good one!!!! XD

-edit- [SPOILER] Pretty much the gist of what happened in the latest FMA chapter

I really, REALLY advise those of you who want to wait for the anime to reach this point to NOT click that; it's a pretty huge reveal. Then again, nothing you might not have suspected in the first place. :3
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-03-01 22:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodging the giant spoiler, does anyone have a reliable reference for some of the repeated music used throughout each episode? I love a lot of it, but I'm looking for a song in particular, the one they use plays throughout the series whenever suspenseful or dark moments start to occur? It's just a really notable violin sound that starts to creep in. Not an opener or ending theme. I *** love that song, but I love a lot of it. Any help is mucho appreciated.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-03-01 22:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Dodging the giant spoiler, does anyone have a reliable reference for some of the repeated music used throughout each episode? I love a lot of it, but I'm looking for a song in particular, the one they use plays throughout the series whenever suspenseful or dark moments start to occur? It's just a really notable violin sound that starts to creep in. Not an opener or ending theme. I *** love that song, but I love a lot of it. Any help is mucho appreciated.
OMG. Me too; I'm a HUGE fan of original soundtracks, so a link or two would be gurtly appreciated :3
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7