Tablet Halp.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Fan-Art » Tablet halp.
Tablet halp.
 Sylph.Yajirobe
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-07-11 10:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking to buy a drawing tablet because I enjoy randomly doodling things and using the mouse can be a bit annoying.
Just looking for suggestions about which I should go for, around a £20-50 budget ($30-70~)
Also looking features of tablets (never used one xD) and for pros/cons at using tablets over a mouse and vice-versa.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-07-11 10:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tablet? Like, ipad-tablet, or a computer-tablet?
A proper PC tablet is probably gonna cost you way more than that.
 Sylph.Yajirobe
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-07-11 10:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

:o Hmm. Found one on offer on Amazon at £35.99 new (Original price £79.99) "Wacom Bamboo Graphics Tablet" for pc.
But yeah as you said most are around £75+, so I spose cheapest would be £70+ XD
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2011-07-11 10:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A drawing tablet is what I assumed based on his want to not draw with a mouse.

your best bet is with the Wacom brand. General consensus is they make the best tablets, but they are also the most expensive.

I did survive with an Aiptek tablet for years. It worked well when I managed to get it working and I had to fight with it alot. The pen used batteries which had to be changed frequently and often the settings would get borked making it hard for it to recognize the whole screen and would insist I use only half..it was kind of irritating.

I own a 6x8 wacom Intuos currently and Ive yet to have any problems with it. It requires no batteries which is a huge plus (if you're looking at offbrand tablets make sure the pen is cordless) my one semi problem with it is that my aiptek had a pen holder built into it..and the wacom doesnt. It comes with a pen holder that you're supposed to place somewhere on your desk but Ive already lost that and I frequently misplace my pen :3 (replacement pens are effing expensive too btw)

my sister owns an even smaller wacom which at the time she bought for under 100$ It works really well too.

I think the wacom bamboo is the cheapest tablets they sell and Ive heard good things about them.
 Bismarck.Yuzumoo
Server: Bismarck
user: Yuzuchan
By Bismarck.Yuzumoo 2011-07-11 10:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Uri made me buy this one

http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/BambooTablets/BambooFun.aspx

And even found a website that would ship it to Canada! So maybe he can find you one toooo XD /throws him under the bus

The tablet itself works really nicely.. sometimes a little laggy but thats probably my computer running too many programs at once. It also comes with some neat softwares like photoshop.
 Sylph.Yajirobe
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-07-11 10:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, yeah sorry I spose I should have put drawing tablet, I'll edit that now. xD And thanks for the input :D, I've got 2hrs to decide to get it on a next-day-delivery with their express, do you think that the £35.99 is worth it?
Link
 Bismarck.Yuzumoo
By Bismarck.Yuzumoo 2011-07-11 10:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make sure to read through the system requirements and whatnot before ordering XD
 Sylph.Yajirobe
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-07-11 11:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm.. what are the main differences between Wacom bamboo and wacom intuos? (Besides price tags)
 Bismarck.Yuzumoo
By Bismarck.Yuzumoo 2011-07-11 11:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd probably just read through here

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=484074
 Sylph.Yajirobe