Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Everything Zelda
Everything Zelda
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 19
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-06-24 06:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Accidentally hit the power switch. Now I have to redo Jabu Jabu's Belly all over again. /sigh.
 Sylph.Zohnax
Server: Sylph
user: Baelfael
By Sylph.Zohnax 2011-06-24 06:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Link to the Past definitely my all-time favorite. There's so many dungeons to explore and bosses to kill, it just seemed like a massive adventure to me. OoT was like that too, but Windwaker and Majora's Mask were kinda disappointing in that factor, even though they had a lot of stuff to do in those games. I liked Oracle of Ages/Seasons for that reason too, was just a massive adventure.
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Server: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2011-06-24 06:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i enjoyed windwaker but i didnt get that feeling i got like i did with the other zeldas
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-24 06:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
About half way through Master Quest on the 3DS OoT.

Favorite Zelda title is A Link To The Past followed by Wind Waker.

Really wish they'd break up the formula some for future titles or try some things different. I'm really excited for Skyward Sword.

Skyward sword has a whole new crafting system which is cool. Might make Rupees and exploration important outside of heart pieces.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-06-24 06:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Alkalinejoe said:
Accidentally hit the power switch. Now I have to redo Jabu Jabu's Belly all over again. /sigh.

lmao, have fun
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-06-24 06:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i want a 3ds :( for the new oot

i can't buy one until i get another job :(
 Asura.Kowen
Server: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2011-06-24 06:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They really shouldn't have put the power button exactly where the start button used to be on the old DS. >_>
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-06-24 06:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey listen!
Hey listen!
Hey listen!

I love zelda, have played and beaten nearly all, (except for those 3 on sega cdi that ill never acknowledge again after this) well, ive beaten all except for zelda 2, ive beaten zelda 2 with save states of course, but to me that doesn't count as beating the game.

I think Link is the mostbadazs video game char ever, f&ck Kratos Dante Cloud Squall pfft. Link has a fairy, is a elf, wheres a skirt, and spandex, plays a musical instrument, and I still cant picture anyone beating him. some people are mad that Link never talks, I love that about him, I hope he never says a godda*n word

Even in Super smash bros melle,( a game i played nearly every day for about 3 years), Link was my best char. My best friend would always pick Samus, and we would pretty much equally match, when we played, any time either of us 1, it was by a very little bit.

Not much more i can say about how awesome zelda is, I've been a fan of zelda, ever since Link to the past, and have played pretty much every 1 , I am looking forward to Skyward sword.
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-06-24 07:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What if zelda was a girl?

/mindblown
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-06-24 07:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:

/mindblown

Zelda is a girl....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-06-24 07:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:

/mindblown

:D
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-06-24 08:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:

/mindblown

Do you mean Link?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-06-24 08:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Vael
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-06-24 09:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Windwaker is my favourite because it has the strongest element of story in the entire series.

OOT elaborated quite well but the key word is elaborate - just like every game to have its first 3D incarnation in the PS1/N64 era, it was simply a remake of the earlier SNES version, which were really just remakes of NES versions. This is why games are stale now (achieved infinite graphics) like that Cracked article I believe Jaerik linked, but that's another story entirely.

Windwaker references OOT as happening in a preceding time and has an engrossing story of what happened afterwards. Its portrayal of Ganon in the final scenes talking about why he wanted to rule Hyrule, etc., is phenomenal, and it has the best quotes and most emotion in the dialogue. Its unique features (seafaring as mentioned) as well as graphical style also add a new level of depth to the series. Sidling along a mountain and having Link stare bewildered at the lava erupting from the side of the mountain is one of the best faces in videogames. The other best moments all come almost exclusively from Windwaker - the graphical style really helped move character emotion along. The rest of the series is save the princess from something dark, epitomized in the latest complete trash release Twilight Princess.

If that purple haired character in Skyward Sword is Vaati, it could make for a lot of plot-oriented content esp. taking into account most consider the Vaati/Four Swords timeline to precede Ganon. Vaati in his power could even create Ganon. Not-Ganon Zelda haters are gonna hate me for putting that idea out there.
 Phoenix.Vael
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-06-24 09:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
What if zelda was a girl? /mindblown

...Those are the hottest Links ever.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-06-24 09:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seanna said:

0:06
I would have ***myself if I had been playing the game <.<
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-06-24 09:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Mind blown.

I *** hated that dungeon, lol.

edit: so..... A Link to the Past (for GBA) is worth checking out? Could probably try downloading a rom some other time.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2011-06-24 09:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That or the SNES version, definitely.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-06-24 10:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:

Cosplay usually makes me *eyeroll*, but those elf-girls actually look hot.

Nicely done.
 Bismarck.Selka
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-06-24 10:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said:
I love zelda, have played and beaten nearly all, (except for those 3 on sega cdi that ill never acknowledge again after this) well, ive beaten all except for zelda 2, ive beaten zelda 2 with save states of course, but to me that doesn't count as beating the game.
10 points for mentioning these games.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-06-24 10:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said:

Thank you very much. This video had me laughing throughout! Brilliant!

"There will be rats .... with boomerangs!"
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-24 10:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

love Zelda so much my friends a few years ago bought me a home made Zelda Shield as a Christmas present

It hangs on my wall with my Scarface framed pictures, Barry Sanders and Ken Griffy Jr. memorabilia in my Office/Game room (Wife calls it my man cave)
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-24 10:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite has to be pretty close between original Gold NES Legend of Zelda and N64 Ocarina of Time not sure how many countless times I played both all the way through. I kind of stopped playing after Windwaker though and haven't owned a Nintendo for quite some time.

I didn't really get a chance to play Twilight Princess other than for a few minutes at a friend's house. But I still own my special copy of The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition which includes The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask all in one disc and came with Four Swords in case I ever decide to get a Wii or something.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Shuyi
user: Shuyi
By Lakshmi.Shuyi 2011-06-24 10:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Link's Awakening will always be my favorite, though I see LttP as the best of them all.

The series of games on GB/color were phenomenal. LA, Ages, Seasons, and I've heard great things about Minish though I've never gotten a chance to play through it.

I'm working on finishing up LAdx from the 3DS shop now so I can start OoT:3D.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2011-06-24 10:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry in advance for the essay.

Summary:
Favorite Zelda games: MM/OoT
3DS Zelda: OoT = <3
I wear a Zelda wrist sweatband at all times.
Zelda Manga = <3
I want a hylian shield so bad. :'(

/end summary

I read a few of the initial posts. I'll read the rest shortly.

To OP: I do want to say to Metroid and Nintendo's credit... The team that originally made Metroid didn't make 'Other M'. That was Team Ninja. They tend to do things a little different to say the least.. lmao

Back on topic! I'd say my favorite Zelda game for years has been Ocarina of Time. It's one of the few games I have beaten to a pulp (many many times). I beat it so many times that I eventually went in with a Gameshark and would use the L-button to float over invisible walls and do all sorts of things I shouldn't have been able to.

I'm slowly moving towards Majora's Mask as being one of my favorites. It was just so dark and sad, I absolutely love it. I only beat it once, but when I did it was 100%. It's almost like rewatching a really fantastic movie, I couldn't get myself to do it again. It put me through a lot of emotions and took forever.

That being said, I just bought a 3DS so I could FINALLY replay OoT. I've been craving to play OoT for at least 8 months and I somehow waited til now.

Pretty much if I go out and I'm not wearing my business casual work clothes, I'm wearing a Zelda wrist sweatband at all times.

I also bought (and would suggest anyone who loves Zelda to buy) the Zelda: Ocarina of Time part 1 & 2, and Majora's Mask manga books. They are awesome. I would read them while listening to zelda music..

@Tweek ^
I just went to a comic convention in Philadelphia and they were selling those shields (or what look just like that) and I was about to buy the last one the guy had. Unfortunately I saw a big chip out of the top and it was $60 so I didn't get it. :( I was so sad...
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-06-24 11:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said:
That or the SNES version, definitely.

I prefer the GBA version anymore, solely for the facts that they gave a spot for each bottle instead of a menu, and you get to keep the shovel(although I never use it).
By Biglen 2011-06-24 11:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
My favorite has to be pretty close between original Gold NES Legend of Zelda and N64 Ocarina of Time not sure how many countless times I played both all the way through. I kind of stopped playing after Windwaker though and haven't owned a Nintendo for quite some time. I didn't really get a chance to play Twilight Princess other than for a few minutes at a friend's house. But I still own my special copy of The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition which includes The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask all in one disc and came with Four Swords in case I ever decide to get a Wii or something.

I have the same disc took me forever to find it but it was worth every dime!!

After reading this forum I'm going home and putting the Wii in my room (tell my kids they are grounded for some dumb reason) and playing them all.

WindWaker was good but I would have rather it not be cartoony kind of a turn off but it was awesome sailing everwhere I went.

MM was by far the hardest one I didn't do it with the guide in the beginning and almost gave up on it, but going back and forth between days was awesome!!! Ohh and is there any Zelda game besides this one that you can see the end of the game go BAD!!!

If you let time run out you get a awesome cutscene I must have watched it a million times.

Favorite is OOT and I really enjoyed the DS version where you had multiple ppl to play with I had my son one as well so we can do stuff together just wish I had more kids back then so we could fill up the screen ( I have three now so I'm working on it . . . )

I just wish they would make some of them available for my iphone or my Ipad2 that would just make my freakin day!!!
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2011-06-24 11:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Got to give props.

The Original Zelda was amazing. That is my favorite. Followed by Occarina of Time. I just played Occarina of time 3D and that was truly a site to behold. A whole change in Graphics, just made the game truly a work of art.

Nicely done Nintendo.
By Spencyono 2011-06-24 11:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Any idea if Majora's Mask will come out on the 3DS?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 19