PC FFXI/POL Users: Problem With The Update?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » PC FFXI/POL Users: Problem with the update?
PC FFXI/POL Users: Problem with the update?
First Page 2

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so I downloaded my POL update...and now POL crashes before I can even log onto my ID. Anyone else having this problem?
 Bahamut.Hatekhaos
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: hatekhaos
By Bahamut.Hatekhaos 2009-04-08 15:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i keep getting the stupid error message
error code POL-1160
error code POL-1160

and got to restart the whole ***again ><
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-08 15:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if any of you PC users are updating it, do not update it with windower on if you use it. I had that happen last year not thinking of the windower thing and it gave the error codes etc. then tried without windower and worked fine. just a lil fyi ^^
 Bahamut.Hatekhaos
user: hatekhaos
By Bahamut.Hatekhaos 2009-04-08 15:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

yea im trying it now without windower to see what happens- thanks Alyria
 Sylph.Creepers
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Creepers 2009-04-08 15:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Well if any of you PC users are updating it, do not update it with windower on if you use it. I had that happen last year not thinking of the windower thing and it gave the error codes etc. then tried without windower and worked fine. just a lil fyi ^^

So then how did you fix it?
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-04-08 15:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

just updated with windower. no problems what so ever.
 Phoenix.Bollo
Server: Phoenix
user: Bollo
By Phoenix.Bollo 2009-04-08 15:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This is nothing unusual in my experience of updates of this kind, you got to think that you probably have 75% + of the people who play all waiting for the update to become available and instantly downloading it. I'd guess the download will probably be something crazy like 10 hours also haha. Personally i'll download it tomorrow when it takes 20 mins and no error codes.
[+]
 Sylph.Creepers
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Creepers 2009-04-08 15:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i updated through windower as well. Had a few problems reconnecting but looks like it was cause of server traffic cause I'm back on now.

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Windower, FFXI Windower, FFXI fullscreen = all crash for me. I'm using Windows Vista, btw. >.>

I don't get any POL errors, I just get the "PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working" error from Vista.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-08 15:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Creepers said:
Alyria said:

So then how did you fix it?

I just logged in without the windower. and everything went fine :) I think it only was cause it was a big udate and alot of congestion. So I always update without windower to avoid it going through checking > downloading > then bam error!!

I also suggest not having other things running that take the internet too. like multiple laptops, xbox at same time, etc. Do one thing at a time. Update the one you gonna play on first and while you sleep, have other update too.
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-08 15:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this happen always? I don't seem to remember it doing so. I'm currently updating in Windower... >.>;
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-08 15:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

no I dont think it happens always, I'm just suggesting a few idea to try to avoid that stuff :)
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-04-08 16:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:

I'm currently updating it using windower and am having no troubles atm. I'm using v3.42

You guys using 3.42? or the v4 alpha? Version numbers may make the dif as the coding is different, would also help people narrow down which one causing the error codes.

Hmm. Still isn't working for me.

Here's what happens every time.

User submitted image
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-08 16:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Will you guys just wait till the Dl is completed by getting into hysterics???

>< Relax, things will be fine...

1. Make sure update is fully complete( I'm still updating now as we speak)
2. When done everything ( if using w.e Windower, SE Windower or fullscreen)
close it down, clear cache and w.e left to do in windows... REBOOT!!!!)
3. Boot back up, let things load normally, then start ffxi.

I load in windower alot and i usually reboot, works fine normally for me.. liek last update did.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-04-08 16:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have vista to try and replicate this error :/ Only thing I can add is if it's happening without windower then it's either corrupted file or maybe missing regisrty entries or something. Sorry I can't be of more help ; ;

Neonracer said:

I load in windower alot and i usually reboot, works fine normally for me.. liek last update did.

I haven't even gotten to the update - POL updated, then my POL broke, so I can't even access the FFXI updates. =/

EDIT:

Nomadikhan said:
I don't have vista to try and replicate this error :/ Only thing I can add is if it's happening without windower then it's either corrupted file or maybe missing regisrty entries or something. Sorry I can't be of more help ; ;

I can't run check files either - I tried. ._.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-04-08 16:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:

I'd probably jump to conclusions to if I had issues after or during updating, tho I never have. I;'m just attempting to help while bored waiting for maintenance to end :/

@Bahamut.Aledacia
Kinda odd, I loaded POL and it had no update for me, just FFXI's update
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 16:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Aledacia said:
Windower, FFXI Windower, FFXI fullscreen = all crash for me. I'm using Windows Vista, btw. >.>

I don't get any POL errors, I just get the "PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working" error from Vista.

Found the Problem - go fix it
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-08 16:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Magistrella said:
Aledacia said:

Sad but true. <.<

Magistrella said:
Aledacia said:

LOL. Yeah I wish. ._. My family refuses to downgrade. "Microsoft will work out the problems soon."

Its been 3 years, I'm still waiting. /
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 16:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

:/ uhm ok then try to explain to your family that they can have the option when the PC is booting which OS they wanna run (thats np having 2-3 on a single PC) <.<

for first i'd try uninstallin POL (not FFXI for heavens sake) - do a good reinstall and reboot before you try to update new. Dont forget this time without windower (and for gods sake dont use the repair function in the install menu :x)

Magistrella said:
for first i'd try uninstallin POL (not FFXI for heavens sake) - do a good reinstall and reboot before you try to update new. Dont forget this time without windower (and for gods sake dont use the repair function in the install menu :x)

So I CAN uninstall then reinstall POL w/o having to uninstall FFXI? I was just looking at the POL site and it confuzzled me >.<
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 16:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Aledacia said:
Magistrella said:

So I CAN uninstall then reinstall POL w/o having to uninstall FFXI? I was just looking at the POL site and it confuzzled me >.<

Yeah you can - best use the System configurator of your windows for it, it should show entries for every single Final Fantasy Expansion pack you have installed (so atm FFXI, Zilart, Cop, Aht Urgan, Wotg) + a single Playonline entry (not close to the FF since they dont start with P ^~^)

choose uninstall there - get your POL CD and reinstall - worked for me the last time my POL went "out of service"
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 16:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh what i forgot.... if you do this.. youll have to DL all the POL updates that came out since you bought the CD :x

can take a while ><

While I'm at this... I'll post something else thats been wrong with my POL. Been like this since summer 2007.

Top: Used to be my Aledacia I.D. Went all crazy scrambled like that in mid 2007. Characters are never the same thing, usually its bits and pieces of Japanese characters.

Middle: Was working til today.

Bottom: Was my BF's I.D. Was working til 5min ago.

User submitted image
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2009-04-08 16:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Id be careful not censoring out my POL ID
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 16:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah better delete that pic quick... ill post my answer as edit

Ok so here we go.

You ever used windower with IME plugin? How did that first account come up - this normally shouldnt except you added it (or it got added by something)

For first i'd say... reinstall it... if you still got the same problems well try to figure something out (dont think there will be all those accs after the reinstall, if there are... it would be kinda spooky - you ever tried to delete the first)

Greetz Magis ('-')/
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-08 16:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's hope there aren't any *** reading this thread. :S
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog