PC FFXI/POL Users: Problem With The Update?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » PC FFXI/POL Users: Problem with the update?
PC FFXI/POL Users: Problem with the update?
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 16:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
brb signing her up for an se account.

lol you got her PW too? ^^

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed it. >_>

Magistrella said:
yeah better delete that pic quick... ill post my answer as edit

Ok so here we go.

You ever used windower with IME plugin? How did that first account come up - this normally shouldnt except you added it (or it got added by something)

For first i'd say... reinstall it... if you still got the same problems well try to figure something out (dont think there will be all those accs after the reinstall, if there are... it would be kinda spooky - you ever tried to delete the first)

Greetz Magis ('-')/

Well, the top one was originally my Aledacia I.D - one day I logged into POL and it looked like that...Chinese or Japanese characters all over it. I went wtf, a few friends thought maybe some hacker virus thingy had hit me, so I created a second account for my character, instead of logging on the main one.

And umm...odd thing...my bf's is back to normal now...
 Phoenix.Bollo
Server: Phoenix
user: Bollo
By Phoenix.Bollo 2009-04-08 16:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bollo said:
This is nothing unusual in my experience of updates of this kind, you got to think that you probably have 75% + of the people who play all waiting for the update to become available and instantly downloading it. I'd guess the download will probably be something crazy like 10 hours also haha. Personally i'll download it tomorrow when it takes 20 mins and no error codes.

Don't PANIC!! lol, this always happens, not to everyone, but I assure you every large update released this is always an issue for some people, some are lucky and seem to get it done no problems. Honestly, take your time, relax, play something else for the evening? Tomorrow or maybe even in 2-3 hours it will work fine, I have seen this many many times before, i'm sure if you was to go through alla or something and look back to the last large update you will find exactly the same problems.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 16:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Aledacia said:
Magistrella said:
yeah better delete that pic quick... ill post my answer as edit

Ok so here we go.

You ever used windower with IME plugin? How did that first account come up - this normally shouldnt except you added it (or it got added by something)

For first i'd say... reinstall it... if you still got the same problems well try to figure something out (dont think there will be all those accs after the reinstall, if there are... it would be kinda spooky - you ever tried to delete the first)

Greetz Magis ('-')/

Well, the top one was originally my Aledacia I.D - one day I logged into POL and it looked like that...Chinese or Japanese characters all over it. I went wtf, a few friends thought maybe some hacker virus thingy had hit me, so I created a second account for my character, instead of logging on the main one.

And umm...odd thing...my bf's is back to normal now...

you reinstalled? if not... i hate when programms evolve to a certain state of own life due to bugz lol XD

Bollo said:
Bollo said:
This is nothing unusual in my experience of updates of this kind, you got to think that you probably have 75% + of the people who play all waiting for the update to become available and instantly downloading it. I'd guess the download will probably be something crazy like 10 hours also haha. Personally i'll download it tomorrow when it takes 20 mins and no error codes.

Don't PANIC!! lol, this always happens, not to everyone, but I assure you every large update released this is always an issue for some people, some are lucky and seem to get it done no problems. Honestly, take your time, relax, play something else for the evening? Tomorrow or maybe even in 2-3 hours it will work fine, I have seen this many many times before, i'm sure if you was to go through alla or something and look back to the last large update you will find exactly the same problems.

What gets me is that I haven't even been able to log into POL - it just stops working. Normally I'd just take a chill pill and go play FFX or something, but the fact I downloaded a POL update then crashed (before even logging into my POL account) bothers me.

I'm used to the FFXI update itself not working/crashing because so many people are on - but not with POL updates. Not to mention, some people aren't even getting a POL update. :s

EDIT:

Magistrella said:
you reinstalled? if not... i hate when programms evolve to a certain state of own life due to bugz lol XD

I'm waiting for the Vista POL setup thing to download at the moment...1 hr remaining. ._.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-08 16:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

/grin /laugh

Kharma's a ***.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 16:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

As i said, that happend twice to me already too - got DL - POL crashed when i tried to start it - reinstalled - updated - worked...

thats my 2 cent of how to make it work again^^
 Phoenix.Bollo
Server: Phoenix
user: Bollo
By Phoenix.Bollo 2009-04-08 16:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, ive seen it all before >< Long time ago I was unable to play for around a week after an update of this kind, PoL just completely went crazy, people may remember this issue, s.e blamed isp's, yet it was happening to NA/EU players. Annoyingly, i'm guessing this won't be the end of it too. Normally after a update of this kind, there follows an emergency maintenance within 24-48 hours. Crossed fingers not though ;)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 16:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Aledacia said:

I'm waiting for the Vista POL setup thing to download at the moment...1 hr remaining. ._.

awe *pat-pat* gl >< send me a PM if it shouldnt happen after reinstall :x