Who Wants To Play "Guess How High The New Gobbie Bag Items Will Cost?" Game!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who wants to play "Guess how high the new gobbie bag items will cost?" game!
Who wants to play "Guess how high the new gobbie bag items will cost?" game!
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-04-08 14:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm start off and say 1mil ... maybe 1.5mil ... ...

I's givin people will try to market off these as high as they can, just like all the others before.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-08 14:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

We all already know what the Gobbiebag items are. And none of them cost more than 600k but a lot are super rare.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-08 14:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The .dat files said:
The Gobbiebag Part IX
Client: Bluffnix (Muckvix's
Junk Shop, Lower Jeuno)
Summary:
Bluffnix will make your pack even
bigger if you bring him the
following: an orichalcum ingot, a
square of peiste leather, a square
of oil-soaked cloth, and an
oxblood orb.

The Gobbiebag Part X
Client: Bluffnix (Muckvix's
Junk Shop, Lower Jeuno)
Summary:
Bluffnix will make your pack even
bigger if you bring him the
following: a molybdenum ingot, a
square of griffon leather, a square of
foulard, and an angel skin orb.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-04-08 14:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i'm play noob, where you find out what the items were? Never saw POL say what they were ; ;

EDIT: aah .dats
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-08 14:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

$9.99 Gobbiebag+1 (Mog Satchel)
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-08 14:36:32
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

0 gil.
To hell with them.
SE is the new Ronald.
User submitted image
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-08 14:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Without knowing the price on the 2 new items, and not factoring for price jumps, so far we're looking at 240k for Gobbiebag IX and 70k for Gobbiebag X. On Fairy server. If Oxblood Orb is 2x oxblood + 1 fire crystal (theory I saw but who knows?) thats minimum 26-30k for the mats, for Angel skin orb 1 million+.

Like I said, NOT counting price increase.

All this adds up to, for me anyways, NOT *** HAPPENING >.<
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-08 14:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think...for the first one. 400-500k
the second one 600-2mil.
it really depends on how many angel skin you need =\
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-04-08 14:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

How gay, wotg has never worked correctly for me so doubt i'll be campin any of the items for the past anytime soon
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-08 14:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
If Oxblood Orb is 2x oxblood + 1 fire crystal

The most logical thing I can think of (coming from a semi-experienced Bonecrafter and Goldsmith) is Coral+Wind Crystal. That's how you make the Elemental Beads for LV74 rings and Elemental staves. Only seems logical to have the same method for orbs.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 14:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

angel skin will jump to 1-2m at least if not more - which makes cursed gear go up in price and fk all +1 (since noone will try to make anymore) yay....

if orichalcum is not a reward for a quest in the past then im handing SE in person a buttplug, theyre using more and more items for more stuff but ton add ways to obtain them more often then once ; ;

i guess it will climb to ~700k soon since the normal salvage ppl need to buy them too <.<"

to griffon leather... oh yeah lol second wootz ore here we come (remember the price jump from 5k to 250k in a week after Imp. Wootz ingots came out)

Peiste leather.... DIE DIE DIE the droprate on the skin so SUCKS 0/150+ here -.-

Oxblood orb (lol 3 100% drops in up in arms... thats be the cheapest)

Foulard & Oil-soaked cloth... oh well those gonna go up and then down soon... reciepes dont have nothing except arachne thread that cant be made easily... (guess that NM will be overcamped soon eh)

Greetz magis ^^
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-08 14:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

The most logical thing I can think of (coming from a semi-experienced Bonecrafter and Goldsmith) is Coral+Wind Crystal. That's how you make the Elemental Beads for LV74 rings and Elemental staves. Only seems logical to have the same method for orbs.

Oh, kk. I just saw that posted somewhere else as a potential recipe. So just 1 coral and a wind crystal?
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 14:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Enternius said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Oh, kk. I just saw that posted somewhere else as a potential recipe. So just 1 coral and a wind crystal?

Thats all assuming, reciepes arent shown in .dats (as far as i know) and you have to ask the NPCs for it... if theyre in .dats... i have no idea where too look it up XD
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-08 14:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my guess. No guarantees of course, but that's the first thing I thought of.
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-08 14:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay. An extremely expensive upgrade for our inventory. /joy
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-08 14:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll stick with the Mog Satchel now.

Second note: These items (already at REDICULOUSLY high prices) will go up even more in price because of the sudden shift in demand. I guarantee that Molybdenum Ingots will go up to 300k+ within a few hours.
 Leviathan.Angish
Server: Leviathan
user: Angish
By Leviathan.Angish 2009-04-08 15:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would rather wait two months before trying to do those darn quests, people will go insane increasing the prices of those items (Like always).

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

Second note: These items (already at REDICULOUSLY high prices) will go up even more in price because of the sudden shift in demand. I guarantee that Molybdenum Ingots will go up to 300k+ within a few hours.

Yeah I agree...

Hmm. Your avatar looks like Klaha from Malice Mizer. >.>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-08 15:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Magistrella said:
angel skin will jump to 1-2m at least if not more - which makes cursed gear go up in price and fk all +1 (since noone will try to make anymore) yay....

if orichalcum is not a reward for a quest in the past then im handing SE in person a buttplug, theyre using more and more items for more stuff but ton add ways to obtain them more often then once ; ;

i guess it will climb to ~700k soon since the normal salvage ppl need to buy them too <.<"

to griffon leather... oh yeah lol second wootz ore here we come (remember the price jump from 5k to 250k in a week after Imp. Wootz ingots came out)

Peiste leather.... DIE DIE DIE the droprate on the skin so SUCKS 0/150+ here -.-

Foulard & Oil-soaked cloth... oh well those gonna go up and then down soon... reciepes dont have nothing except arachne thread that cant be made easily... (guess that NM will be overcamped soon eh)

Greetz magis ^^

I am suddenly very very glad I don't play a Heca job... I'd cap the price on Orichalcum at ~400k after prices settle down. Maybe 500k >.<
The Mog Satchel is definitely gonna save me some gil here lol
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 15:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Magistrella said:

Greetz magis ^^

I am suddenly very very glad I don't play a Heca job... I'd cap the price on Orichalcum at ~400k after prices settle down. Maybe 500k >.<
The Mog Satchel is definitely gonna save me some gil here lol

ACK i got quotedz XD i feel with you... dumped my thf long time ago <3
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-08 15:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I do play BST, but it's not a job I intend to pimp out anytime soon... Always makes me laugh that BRD can equip Heca gear though XD
 Valefor.Skorion
Server: Valefor
user: Skorion
By Valefor.Skorion 2009-04-08 15:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I have 20 free spaces in my gobbie bag, I'll wait a couple weeks till the Mog satchels are out and prices for the items plummet, the MAYBE I'll buy them. Though it would be really good if our Mog safe and Storage would increase, have several consoles for max lightning and no extra space from them, yes I know that it's only equal to the safe which is why i want both to increase. :)
 Diabolos.Sasuken
Server: Diabolos
user: xSasukenx
By Diabolos.Sasuken 2009-04-08 15:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

At least if Oxblood gonna be needed for the orb do Up in Arms gonna be worth the 60 seals if even KC doesnt drop lol.

Wtf with those items Orich. Ingot.. eww
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-08 15:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

well this sucks. I've been buying and npcing oxblood for some gils for awhile..
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-08 16:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
We all already know what the Gobbiebag items are. And none of them cost more than 600k but a lot are super rare.

Only source of Molybdenum Ore as it stands is Jormungand. Only source of the ingots through non-Ingot synthing means is desynthesis, which is a HQ3 and thusly a very remote possibility (6/300+ here).

Price of this ingot alone is going to SHOOT up, possibly to 500k+, maybe even the millions, unless this is questable. Same deal for O.Ingots as well. There is not enough methods of obtaining them for the price to remain as it is.

Unless these super rare items are now questable one time like Adaman Ingots were, the prices are going to rise exponentially. Good time to be a crafter~ I remember I made millions off of my Adaman Ingot stock pile when they introduced it's related Gobbiebag quest.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-08 16:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Only source of Molybdenum Ore as it stands is Jormungand. Only source of the ingots through non-Ingot synthing means is desynthesis, which is a HQ3 and thusly a very remote possibility (6/300+ here).

Price of this ingot alone is going to SHOOT up, possibly to 500k+, maybe even the millions, unless this is questable. Same deal for O.Ingots as well. There is not enough methods of obtaining them for the price to remain as it is.

Unless these super rare items are now questable one time like Adaman Ingots were, the prices are going to rise exponentially. Good time to be a crafter~ I remember I made millions off of my Adaman Ingot stock pile when they introduced it's related Gobbiebag quest.

Enternius said:

Already got it covered. Thanks though.
Edit: And wb Wooooodum. Haven't seen you in a few days.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-08 16:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, sorry. Only really skimmed!

I know the first thing I'm going to do when I login is try and buy as many of the items I can. Definitely going to be "The Wootz Effect" on the Griffon Hides, maybe my Dynamis shell will start lotting those for entrance fees too!
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-04-08 16:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I can picture 50 ppl fishing for the Manta in Kuftal! aww updates we all love you!

I might be paranoid but I think picking very expansive and rare items for new gobbie bags is just another way to sell more security token. I can think of some people thinking that they would at least get 10 more inventory spaces from new gobbie quest but will now just forget that idea and definitely get a mog satchel.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-08 16:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That is why all of you bought the satachel.. for how much it was, your prolly paying abou the same price if you trasacted the gil into real money so by buy the satchel, you are pretty much paying the same price in the long run....

Im not buying the satchel.. that is why I bought mules for.. I mean its not a bad thing.. but I'm good for space issues, I got everything maxxed out in all 3 carrying.. so I don't need more space.. ( just giving me more space means ill be a LOOT *** and a PACK RAT) Guys... sell the old stuff if your not using it, and you don't need to keep everything from the Auction House. Sell what your not using and let the AH do it's job. You'll save $$$ and you won't def' need that Mog satchel, IMO..

as for the bag#9 and 10, Ill do 9.. but save on 10.. I waited about 6 mos on the WOTG one.. and things went hella downwards.. saved money. its just the Xmas rush in April folks... I'm the type of guy who waits above everyone, while all the panic starts.... and waits for the dust to settle..( almost like the trading scene in the movie Trading Places with E. Murphy and D. Akroyd.)

Wait for everyone to do their B.S.. then walk up to the AH and buy the items at a lower cost... FFXIAH " IF YOU DIDN'T BUY IT CHEAP... YOU PAID TOO MUCH!!!" <lol> I heard this lil ditty as a local car ad where I live.. looks like it suits its purpose here.. LMAO!
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 16:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
That is why all of you bought the satachel.. for how much it was, your prolly paying abou the same price if you trasacted the gil into real money so by buy the satchel, you are pretty much paying the same price in the long run....

Im not buying the satchel.. that is why I bought mules for.. I mean its not a bad thing.. but I'm good for space issues, I got everything maxxed out in all 3 carrying.. so I don't need more space.. ( just giving me more space means ill be a LOOT *** and a PACK RAT) Guys... sell the old stuff if your not using it, and you don't need to keep everything from the Auction House. Sell what your not using and let the AH do it's job. You'll save $$$ and you won't def' need that Mog satchel, IMO..

one small question, how many jobs you playing at once?

Well for myself it would piss me so off to mule everytime i want to lvl/merit on a job and my gear is in a mule... so snatchel > mules (not to mention, this costs you 10 bucks ONCE - a mule costs you 10 bucks in 10 month and you have to do all those damn logout - login - send - logout - login - take from DB - logout and so on)

<.<
First Page 2