Who Wants To Play "Guess How High The New Gobbie Bag Items Will Cost?" Game!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who wants to play "Guess how high the new gobbie bag items will cost?" game!
Who wants to play "Guess how high the new gobbie bag items will cost?" game!
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-08 16:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... But a satchel = ~350k if you buy gil. You can't even get 30 gobbiebag spaces for that much. So, if you haven't done any of the quests, you get +30+ inv for 350k when you think about it.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 16:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Yeah... But a satchel = ~350k if you buy gil. You can't even get 30 gobbiebag spaces for that much. So, if you haven't done any of the quests, you get +30+ inv for 350k when you think about it.

If you buy gil, sir, your inventory will be 0/0 soon~
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-04-08 16:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:

Wait for everyone to do their B.S.. then walk up to the AH and buy the items at a lower cost... FFXIAH " IF YOU DIDN'T BUY IT CHEAP... YOU PAID TOO MUCH!!!" <lol> I heard this lil ditty as a local car ad where I live.. looks like it suits its purpose here.. LMAO!

Yes price of current items needed for last 2 gobbie bag quest will increase but even when it will come back to normal price it will still cost a big bunch of gils. Angel skin prices will not be lower than pre-update price. I just hope some of the high $$$ item might be a one time quest... but I doubt it.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-08 16:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Magistrella said:
Neonracer said:
That is why all of you bought the satachel.. for how much it was, your prolly paying abou the same price if you trasacted the gil into real money so by buy the satchel, you are pretty much paying the same price in the long run....

Im not buying the satchel.. that is why I bought mules for.. I mean its not a bad thing.. but I'm good for space issues, I got everything maxxed out in all 3 carrying.. so I don't need more space.. ( just giving me more space means ill be a LOOT *** and a PACK RAT) Guys... sell the old stuff if your not using it, and you don't need to keep everything from the Auction House. Sell what your not using and let the AH do it's job. You'll save $$$ and you won't def' need that Mog satchel, IMO..

one small question, how many jobs you playing at once?

Well for myself it would piss me so off to mule everytime i want to lvl/merit on a job and my gear is in a mule... so snatchel > mules (not to mention, this costs you 10 bucks ONCE - a mule costs you 10 bucks in 10 month and you have to do all those damn logout - login - send - logout - login - take from DB - logout and so on)

<.<

Your entitled to your opinion, I give you that... but so am I...

SE takes aenough money outa me... I'm not their ***!! my mmoney goes to better things.. like ..um let me see here..." REAL LIFE".. last I checked.. Rent.., um my car.. food... the better things in life....

LMAO ><
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-08 16:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Magistrella said:
Tbest said:

If you buy gil, sir, your inventory will be 0/0 soon~

You missed the point. Given the current dollar to gil conversion rate by RMT ($35 for 1mil), the $10 you spend to get that satchel (as well as the intangible security benefits) is "worth" ~285k in gil. Not bad for that many additional inventory slots.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-08 16:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

And lol @ the sex thread... The admins locked it. >.>
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-08 16:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Liquidz said:
Neonracer said:

Wait for everyone to do their B.S.. then walk up to the AH and buy the items at a lower cost... FFXIAH " IF YOU DIDN'T BUY IT CHEAP... YOU PAID TOO MUCH!!!" <lol> I heard this lil ditty as a local car ad where I live.. looks like it suits its purpose here.. LMAO!

Yes price of current items needed for last 2 gobbie bag quest will increase but even when it will come back to normal price it will still cost a big bunch of gils. Angel skin prices will not be lower than pre-update price. I just hope some of the high $$$ item might be a one time quest... but I doubt it.

Just like the Econmic crisis (the Recession).. that's currently going on atm in REAL LIFE.. Just have to wait it out or go with the flow.. like a surfer and wait for the right wave to come in on...
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-08 16:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but with your 3 mules that's an extra $3/mo. Cancel the mules and ya have a token AND a soda in 4 months. >.> Or.. Cancel 2 and you have it in 5 months for double bag space on TWO characters. :P

$10 isn't that much unless you're deep in poverty and can easily be saved up by skimping on certain 'luxuries' from a few days. Just comes down to how you spend your money and what you value I guess.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-08 16:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
SE takes aenough money outa me... I'm not their ***!! my mmoney goes to better things.. like ..um let me see here..." REAL LIFE".. last I checked.. Rent.., um my car.. food... the better things in life....

Think of it this way.

You pay $10 now for the token and the satchel for 70/75/80 (delete as applicable) extra inventory spaces permanently. This is a one time payment of $10 dollars. You say you make mules for holding storage, yet even one mule would cost you the price of a token within 10 months. More than one mule and that'd be five months, then two and a half, and so forth.

Whilst you think you're saving money, you're actually not.

I bought a token, I'm going to love my extra spaces and I'm going to delete all but my Clothcraft mule once my satchel is activated. The maths for me is equally as simple; pay £7.99 as a one off payment or pay £2.10 per month for my three mules.

It's really not hard, and opinions aside, people would be idiots if they'd rather pay for mules than this token.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 16:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Neonracer said:

Think of it this way.

You pay $10 now for the token and the satchel for 70/75/80 (delete as applicable) extra inventory spaces permanently. This is a one time payment of $10 dollars. You say you make mules for holding storage, yet even one mule would cost you the price of a token within 10 months. More than one mule and that'd be five months, then two and a half, and so forth.

I bought a token, I'm going to love my extra spaces and I'm going to delete all but my Clothcraft mule once my satchel is activated. The maths for me is equally as simple; pay £7.99 as a one off payment or pay £2.10 per month for my three mules.

It's really not hard, and opinions aside, people would be idiots if they'd rather pay for mules than this token.

^this - thanks for pointing my point more clearly out Woo~
 Ifrit.Myori
Server: Ifrit
user: Myori
By Ifrit.Myori 2009-04-08 17:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Molybdenum Ingots are hq 3 desynth of a Heavy Quadav Chestplate its a high level synth but desynthing depends on a lot of luck anyway, so it shouldnt be TOO bad since those come up for Auction a lot *casts warp and hides in mog house from angry smithers who were planning on making a bazillion gil by trying this*
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-08 17:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Myori said:
Molybdenum Ingots are hq 3 desynth of a Heavy Quadav Chestplate its a high level synth but desynthing depends on a lot of luck anyway, so it shouldnt be TOO bad since those come up for Auction a lot *casts warp and hides in mog house from angry smithers who were planning on making a bazillion gil by trying this*

Still a very, very small chance of getting one. Personally only gotten 6 out of well over 300 synths myself. Put it this way... The market won't be flooded by Smithers any time soon.

If anyone's going to make lots of money out of this, it'll be whoever has the best bot to claim Jormungand with.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-08 17:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Or whoever had inside data and bought enough beforehand (im still thinking to ban that guy and kick the person who leaked the info)

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1468551
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-08 17:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Magistrella said:
Wooooodum said:
Neonracer said:

Think of it this way.

IDC what you guys say... Buy your tokens and get out of life what the token will give ya... Satchel..

.. but all im'm saying is that I have a right to refuse...

and i'm waving my rights!!! LOL

I just don't want it. If i can buy it later down the road..then fine.. if they run out and this is just a one time speical .. then oh well...

I see the big deal.. I don't have to jump off the bridge if you guys go...

Enjoy! =D
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-08 17:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

$10 once...

... or $1 every month for as long as I play?

{Hmmm...}
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-08 17:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
IDC what you guys say... Buy your tokens and get out of life what the token will give ya... Satchel..

I just don't want it. If i can buy it later down the road..then fine.. if they run out and this is just a one time speical .. then oh well...

Enjoy! =D

I think you're the one making a big deal out of it, lol.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-08 17:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nomadikhan said:
I'm start off and say 1mil ... maybe 1.5mil ... ...

I's givin people will try to market off these as high as they can, just like all the others before.

User submitted image
1 dollar, bob!
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-04-08 17:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
Magistrella said:
Wooooodum said:
Neonracer said:

Think of it this way.

Enjoy! =D

Are you for real?
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-08 17:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Ima stop.. Ok? I detect drama starting....

I just said that I didn't want to buy it..

Holy ***.. settle down.....

I'm leaving now.. b.c I'm not one to start drama...

LATA!
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-04-08 17:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
If Oxblood Orb is 2x oxblood + 1 fire crystal

The most logical thing I can think of (coming from a semi-experienced Bonecrafter and Goldsmith) is Coral+Wind Crystal. That's how you make the Elemental Beads for LV74 rings and Elemental staves. Only seems logical to have the same method for orbs.

uber late, but oxblood x1 + wind crystal already is a synth, coral horn. Assuming the skin orb is the same... we're either looking at item x1 + fire crystal, or multiple items per, maybe that ahriman crystalball thing?
 Caitsith.Surge
user: Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2009-04-08 17:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

lol wow dude spending 9.99 isnt all that bad and to be able to switch between bags is nice. But its all bout personal opinions. I think we should all to the fact of MORE ROOM lol. SE gets alot of our funds but we all play so were actually paying for an actual expansion itself
 Caitsith.Heimdall
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-04-08 17:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

not bothered reading rest the post but you know theres a good chance quest have been aded that give out the various more expensive items like with the other more recent gobbie bag items
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-08 18:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:
not bothered reading rest the post but you know theres a good chance quest have been aded that give out the various more expensive items like with the other more recent gobbie bag items

I hope so, because Angel Skin is already WAAAAAAY out of my budget, let alone the Orb one will be making with it >.<

As for the token, to each their own. I didn't get one yet either, because I'm waiting for all the bugs to get worked out by the early adopters. I'd rather wait and get it when the ***works 100% then deal with S-E customer support for 5 minutes...
 Caitsith.Shinsama
By Caitsith.Shinsama 2009-04-08 18:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

yay for my Dynamis LS XD at least its good to know sandy will result in +LS bank
 Caitsith.Heimdall
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-04-08 18:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Heimdall said:

I hope so, because Angel Skin is already WAAAAAAY out of my budget, let alone the Orb one will be making with it >.<

As for the token, to each their own. I didn't get one yet either, because I'm waiting for all the bugs to get worked out by the early adopters. I'd rather wait and get it when the ***works 100% then deal with S-E customer support for 5 minutes...

well if u ever seen where angel skins come from its this tiny lil pond the nm is goten from and if that the caseof only way get them you'll have 500 peeps jamed into a lil spot and will take years for peeps to complete gobbie quest.

far the tokens the samecompany made them that makes wow and the wowones malfuntioned when first cameout locking peeps out of acounts.
 Siren.Sinneloa
Server: Siren
user: Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2009-04-08 21:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive done up to Gobbag 8 and one thing seems to slip peoples mind so often. I can send myself 16 items to my MH so at any one time I can have 46 empty slots in my personal inventory. If thats not enough for synthing something I dont know what is? SE definitely went overboard this time. 220k for an orichalcum ingot isnt to bad but oxblood? SHEESH!!! They might as well have asked for AV to be killed 5 times in a row with no one in the alliance dying 1 time.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-08 22:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, first 2 sales of Angel Skin orbs on Bahamut are 3 mil. Molybdenum Ingot 1 mil, carious others 200-500k. I estimate prolly 5 to 6 mil for both upgrades on Bahamut right now.
 Alexander.Ashleylarry
Server: Alexander
user: Pakalolo
By Alexander.Ashleylarry 2009-04-08 23:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

moby ore is gona be a *** to get since it comes from 2 places and gona take a alliance of 18+ to get, angel skin will be easy compared to gettin ur hands on some moby ore.