Think They Will Let Me Join Their Elite Uber Gang?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Think they will let me join their elite uber gang?
Think they will let me join their elite uber gang?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Valefor.Issac
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Issac 2009-04-09 02:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I see what you did there. And to squash the whole reason we have that on the application in the first place. We put it there because we want to see where people are currently at in their education so it they are still in school (be it high school, college, or grad school) we want to be aware of it so we make sure that our linkshell doesn't become a hindrance to their school work.

We very well know, that a person who is done with schooling doesn't have the same randomized scheduling that college produce. They, for the most part, have a basic set work schedule day in and day out that allows them to be able to accurately budget their playtime on FFXI rather than a person who is still in school.

I commend you on your two degrees, and I'm not being sarcastic at all. Putting in the effort to get two degrees is a very difficult thing to do. It shows you are able to balance your time and workload well, especially if you played this game as you were working on the degrees. Schooling to us is top priority for our linkshell members in school. We want them to be able to focus on school first, then FFXI, so that they can make it in the world and be successful, especially in today's day and economy. We feel the same about work, and we always feel that work is more important than FFXI. We play the game to have fun, just like everyone else.

I apologize if I attacked you with my earlier post, although making a thread about our application process without first consulting why we had it there, wasn't the nicest thing to do. If you have any more to add to this, please resort to PM's, there really isn't anything that needs to be announced publicly, although I do ask you take the personal picture of me down, out of respect. If you don't want to, that's your choice, but I'm asking you kindly and I have no ill word towards you.
 Ramuh.Konoko
Server: Ramuh
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-04-09 02:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghuda said:

It has just about as much merit as what peoples real life education does towards final fantasy.

Read the thread, was pretty cool. A-

Lmao.

Your argument is dumb as ***.
This thread is dumb as ***.
You're dumb as ***.

User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
 Valefor.Ghuda
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-04-09 02:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao

thread = awesome
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-09 10:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Issac said:
I see what you did there. And to squash the whole reason we have that on the application in the first place. We put it there because we want to see where people are currently at in their education so it they are still in school (be it high school, college, or grad school) we want to be aware of it so we make sure that our linkshell doesn't become a hindrance to their school work.

We very well know, that a person who is done with schooling doesn't have the same randomized scheduling that college produce. They, for the most part, have a basic set work schedule day in and day out that allows them to be able to accurately budget their playtime on FFXI rather than a person who is still in school.

I commend you on your two degrees, and I'm not being sarcastic at all. Putting in the effort to get two degrees is a very difficult thing to do. It shows you are able to balance your time and workload well, especially if you played this game as you were working on the degrees. Schooling to us is top priority for our linkshell members in school. We want them to be able to focus on school first, then FFXI, so that they can make it in the world and be successful, especially in today's day and economy. We feel the same about work, and we always feel that work is more important than FFXI. We play the game to have fun, just like everyone else.

I apologize if I attacked you with my earlier post, although making a thread about our application process without first consulting why we had it there, wasn't the nicest thing to do. If you have any more to add to this, please resort to PM's, there really isn't anything that needs to be announced publicly, although I do ask you take the personal picture of me down, out of respect. If you don't want to, that's your choice, but I'm asking you kindly and I have no ill word towards you.

Doesn't this all boil down to a person's self-control and their own responsibility to prioritize their lives?

I still think asking for personal information on a video game is still a form of identity theft, but I'm paranoid, so yeah :P
 Hades.Kikha
Server: Hades
user:
By Hades.Kikha 2009-04-09 15:07:34
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, I'm amazed at how lax recruitment is in general in FFXI (although many of the more "well known" and "elite" linkshells seem to have a more strict recruitment policy). I also see those kind of linkshells generally last a very long time in comparison to those that don't have a strict recruitment policy (Demo, Excellence, 24/7, Apathy, etc are a few examples of said Linkshells that have been around for 4-5+ years). Imo, exceptional applications show your dedication to the guild/linkshell whereas posting something like your character's name, jobs, and then your gear wishlist right on the application quite honestly does not.

Perhaps my opinion differs from the majority here since I came from the bleeding edge EQ/WoW raiding guilds. For hilarity, see these:

http://www.exo-guild.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1044

http://www.exo-guild.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1243

I no longer play WoW but I thankfully still have private forum access for the older apps. With that and the amount of applications they get per day it's free entertainment while at work.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-09 15:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghuda said:
lmao

thread = awesome

I was finally able to check those APPS when i got home and tbh they aren't abnormal or even very harsh for endgame shells.

This thread is just Ghuda QQ butthurt about some shell he doesn't like for w/e reason.

There is a reason that Apathy is the only shell to take down PW so far (that I'm aware of), and it isn't b/c they let every single app who wanted homamz gear in the shell.
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
Server: Midgardsormr
user: niktod
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-04-09 15:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread was *** funny until it got hijacked by some geek turdz.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-09 16:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikha said:
(Demo, Excellence, 24/7, Apathy, etc are a few examples of said Linkshells that have been around for 4-5+ years)

Incorrect about 24/7.

They have been disbanded at least twice by different leaders for various reasons that I know of.

They also only just started like a year and a half ago. Started by noobs with no endgame experience and, even though they "should" have endgame experience by now, still have no stratagy (which is why they only do HNMs really, they can't even comprehend a dynamis run imo) and still run by noobs. There are a select few players who are actually worth their salt in that shell, but they are vastly outnumbered by idiots.

Just correcting you for your mistakes.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-09 17:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna be in a gang. I'll sag my pants down to my ankles, flash a gun, and speak in ebonics.
User submitted image

WEST SIDE!!!!!
 Valefor.Mithano
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-04-09 17:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I just had to post on this thread.

For my endgame LS, I have a lot of the same questions from OP's app ... plus my favorite, how old are you IRL? Why do I ask? I made an 18+ age limit shell. You'd be amazed how much just keeping out the kiddies has helped keep my shell strong (5+ months and still growing). I also force applicants to read my epic wall of text post on how our points system works (we have a dkp-style shell for gear lotting).

Yes, it takes a few minutes to read through everything and answer all the questions. But as a result, I have a very good understanding of what the person is like, and whether they'd be a good fit in the shell. As such, I am able to accept most people that (properly) apply, and I get a high retention rate to boot.

Yes, ffxi is just a "game". But when you screw up everyone else's game playing because you have a shitty childish attitude, everyone loses. If I can screen that out ahead of time, I'm going to.

For those of you that are curious, my shell's app is here: http://breakpointls.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2009-04-10 00:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Want to know of an *** LS to apply to?

Apply to these tards

I know people join these shells to get gear....but this shell demands that you have the gear already, cause they aren't going to help you get the gear....wtf

Also, while doing a google search on this LS, I get more adds for RMT sites than on this site....makes you wonder why....lol

Oh, and they should add the following:

You know that you will have to have a full buffer because every event will delevel you down to 74, since we like to throw bodies at mobs until they are dead. Oh, and you have to buy your own RR ***, because we are too damn lazy to Raise you period. Or Cure you. Or anything else.

I'm sorry for interjecting on the conversation here but after reading this link you posted i gotta say.....wow(in a bad way of course)!!
I had no idea people like this exist. Even the "big time" ls' on my server aren't like this!!

Blows my mind!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-10 06:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's their linkshell, let them ask the questions they consider relevant. If you don't like it, don't apply. There's no grounds for trolling anybody on their requirements. End game linkshells are business, leaders need to work hard to make sure they keep the people who would just hold them back out of their linkshells. When you're looking for new members it's not always about their jobs and playtime.

If it was a social shell you were applying to with requirements like that, then you'd have grounds for a drama thread. Otherwise, leave them the heck alone, apply to another shell and shut the *** up complaining.

Thread: 0/10.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-10 07:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Name: Kungfuhustle
Jobs at 75 that meet our requirements (main jobs): None
Subjobs: WAR,NIN,DNC

Pick your best geared job and tell us about its equips.: I'm hot!

Any outstanding gear for your other jobs?: my giant purple penis club

What are your merits?: STR+8, H2H+20, VIT+5

What other jobs do you have that are 75 but do not meet our requirements?:

Playtime (time of day.. NA prime, EU prime, early morning)*: afternoon
Timezone: EST
Time spend in 7/11 or 24/7 references (references should be people who know you, not someone you met in an exp pt): I dunno

Past linkshells: LesterMolesterPoofNSutff, JackhammerJackoffs, CrazyAssTarus, MithraOnlySquad

Reason for leaving said linkshells: 1). pervert, 2). heads up their ***, 3). weird little people

Are you a server transfer? If so, we may do a Background check on BG: no, fresh out of Walmart with my copy.

What server did you come from if you are a transfer?:Walmart

Please list your endgame goals. These may or may not be limited to particular nm kills, gear earned, etc: become an arrogant, pompous *** with uber expensive gear that the average player won't really care about. Eventually ignore my real life duties to please virtual representations of other arrogant, pompous ***.

What is your experience in endgame? (be particular): when I end the game, I go outside and get hit by a car.

Answer the following questions with a YES or NO. Answering with a "YES" will hold you accountable for all the information found in your application. No excuses.

Do you meet the gear requirements for the jobs you are applying with? NO
Do you meet the merit requirements fore the jobs you are applying with? YES
Do you meet the subjob requirements for the jobs you are applying with? BEAVER

Do you have Sky access? I dont own a plane

Do you have Sea access? I still have my boat from my trip from Cuba
Do you have Dynamis-Xarcabard access? I believe so

If you are applying for an NA prime time spot, can you make Dynamis AND Einherjar? I'll have to ask your mom

Have you read our basic linkshell rules? BORING

Can you follow our basic linkshell rules? Rules are for suckers
Once accepted, you are expected to read our in depth rules in the members section of the forums. Will you read and follow these rules? NO

Will you remember to put your name in the subject line of your Application to Booyaka? if I'm not totally hammered by then.

And an added bonus but not mandatory:
Do you have Ventrilo? No, but I has Prozac :D
 Valefor.Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-04-10 23:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

lol how did i miss this?

Konoko said:
Ghuda said:

It has just about as much merit as what peoples real life education does towards final fantasy.

Read the thread, was pretty cool. A-

Lmao.

Your argument is dumb as ***.
This thread is dumb as ***.
You're dumb as ***.

LOL now i know where i remember your name from!! I wouldnt go around calling people dumb if i made an RMT thread like you did based on this

Konoko said:
He just ditched the party after the leader said he needed to break for a few minutes. /sigh

He didn't know English at all either which is kind of leading me to believe that he's most likely RMT. He just left with saying {Party} {Good Bye.}

Lol are you being so angry towards me because i kept lol'ing at you in that thread?
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-10 23:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
It's their linkshell, let them ask the questions they consider relevant. If you don't like it, don't apply. There's no grounds for trolling anybody on their requirements. End game linkshells are business, leaders need to work hard to make sure they keep the people who would just hold them back out of their linkshells. When you're looking for new members it's not always about their jobs and playtime.

If it was a social shell you were applying to with requirements like that, then you'd have grounds for a drama thread. Otherwise, leave them the heck alone, apply to another shell and shut the *** up complaining.

Thread: 0/10.

Last i checked, nobody was complaining, pretty much just making fun of how pathetic a group of people are. While I do agree that more than the average questioning is necessary and can be helpful, this is just stupid... Post 0/10
 Ramuh.Ardath
user: Ardath
By Ramuh.Ardath 2009-04-10 23:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Tails said:
Most of your comments lack humour.

Tails said:
I'm sure their questioning of your highest level of education completed is to find out whether or not you are a failure at life. I personally would not let a 25 year old join my linkshell if he failed high school.

Ghuda said:
Tails, you're Canadian, no one cares what you think.

To Ghuda - You said what I was thinking, and made me cry laughing.
To Tails - I bet you're French-Canadian as well lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-11 22:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Tails said:
I have a few things to say:

1. What does my being Canadian have to do with anything. Do your research before you insult Canadians.
2. I am not French Canadian, although I have studied French.
3. It's people like Kungfuhustle that these linkshells are trying to avoid by making applications like this.

It's a joke. LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT!
There's jokes and bs for everyone, American's too of course. I'm sure you know of the ignorant/fat american stuff.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-11 22:41:52
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Tails said:

1. What does my being Canadian have to do with anything. Do your research before you insult Canadians.
3. It's people like Kungfuhustle that these linkshells are trying to avoid by making applications like this.

I think the correct term to use here is....

you got trolled my good canadian friend :P take a good <breath> and maybe even laught

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-11 22:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

When it isnt a joke, its a troll.
you just gotta deal with *** online.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-11 22:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Tails said:

I just wanna say, I tried to be funny with my "application". Jokes do not discriminate, trolls and Republicans do :P
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-11 22:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Tails said:

I just wanna say, I tried to be funny with my "application". Jokes do not discriminate, trolls and Republicans do :P

That was a cheap shot. Considering that the Republican party was founded by a whig named "abraham lincoln" and the first goal of the party was to abolish slavery.

I could go on about the south being owned by Dem's...but meh.
also the current leader of the republican party is black.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-11 22:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Kungfuhustle said:
Tails said:

I just wanna say, I tried to be funny with my "application". Jokes do not discriminate, trolls and bigots do :P

That was a cheap shot. Considering that the Republican party was founded by a whig named "abraham lincoln" and the first goal of the party was to abolish slavery.

also the current leader of the republican party is black.

better?
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-11 23:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Closer.
 Valefor.Dslayer
user: Dslayer
By Valefor.Dslayer 2009-04-11 23:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Kungfuhustle said:
Tails said:

also the current leader of the republican party is half black.

fixed
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-11 23:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Dslayer said:
Ludoggy said:
Kungfuhustle said:
Tails said:

also the current leader of the republican party is half black.

fixed

...You are thinking about the current president of the united states, Barack Obama.
 Valefor.Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-04-12 02:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

America has a president? I thought you guys were run by a outer space potato man or something.

Well i'll be!
 Valefor.Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-04-12 03:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Dslayer said:
Ludoggy said:
Kungfuhustle said:
[quote=Tails]I have a few things to say:

1. What does my being Canadian have to do with anything. Ghuda has a large meaty ***
2. I am not French Canadian, although Ghuda is an aussie.
3. It's people like Ghuda that these hot chicks are trying to sex by making applications like this.

I just wanna say, I tried to be funny with my "penis". Wangs do not discriminate, vaginas and Republicans do :P

That was a *** shot. Considering that the Penis party was founded by a whig named "Harold Johnson" and the first goal of the party was to abolish solo sex.

I could go on about the south being owned by Ghuda...but meh.
also the current leader of the republican party is Ghuda.

fixed

double fixed and trolled
thank you and goodnight
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-12 11:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghuda said:
Ludoggy said:
Dslayer said:
Ludoggy said:
Kungfuhustle said:
[quote=Tails]I have a few things to say:

1. What does my being Canadian have to do with anything. Most Canadian girls love Teh Kung anyway.
2. I am not French Canadian, but I'll be anything for Kungfu.
3. It's people like Kung that these feminists are having wet dreams about while they're out protesting about womens' rights.

I was bored, and I read this, and I laughed. *** do not discriminate, sadists do, and so does Walt Disney :P

That was a *** shot. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda /flashesjunk blah blah blah blah blah blah.

I could go on about the south being owned by martians...but w/e.
also the current leader of the feminist party is a giant vaj!

fixed

double fixed and jerked off
thank you and goodnight

Triple fixed cz I lmfao irl!