Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2011-10-25 12:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

didnt read through all the posts but incase it wasnt said. the lights are based on the level of the elemental mobs. like murex and clionid, the more u kill a specific one, the faster it will repop as well as reach higher level(like normal mobs).

basicly what i do is goto a populated camp, such as sobek and LV camps and find the murex(azure) which ppl usually killing and they repop in like 45sec ish. usually takes 1 kill to get 128. the avatars(amber) are either random or work in the same way, only prob is they always con as impossible to gauge. they ALL can give up to 128 amber though.

idk much about the light bonuses from the for pop nm, but im willing to bet they work in the same way just instead of level, its based on their tier. in dem, eve is the highest tier nm in the zone.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-10-25 12:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish I had gotten a Screenshot of it, but I checked a Murex as Decent Challenge, but it still gave 128 azure. This was only in Misareaux though.
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2011-10-25 12:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds about right, woulda checked diff at 85. its very easy to test. kill a specific murex a few times, watch it start to repop faster and level up. only prob is sometimes the the EP ones u gotta wait 5 min for the 1st repop and even then they dont always repop, i cant explain that. but the ones u get to repop or the ones that are already higher level from others killing, those will always keep repoping at the same camp til its idle long enough to reset. once u kill and get it to repop once though, u can count on it to continue to keep repoping.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-10-25 12:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Durf, forgotten about level difference there.

As for another thing... I only do bastion in Misareaux, mostly because of the easily capped azure, but have gone to both other zones in the past. I'd say about 3/4 times it would be empty for bastion in both Vunk/Attowha, whereas Misareaux would have people almost constantly. The more Bastion done (higher rate of winning bastions?) may have a part, like I know a few have suggested. Unsure though to entirely be honest lol.
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2011-10-25 12:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

usually when there is active bastions its because the zone is packed. which would mean allot of activity including the murex getting killed more often.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-10-25 12:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

More-so meant that Vunk and Attowha almost never have people doing bastion there, unsure why. Always see "WAVE IS HERE" >> 5 seconds later >> "OMG THEY GOT THE CORE." Granted people could be failing, or I guess I should say that the NPCs are failing... Stupid NPC Mages. Bastion in Misareaux almost always takes down at least 2-3 mobs before Mages MPK the martello though lol.
By KothoftheHammer 2011-11-15 23:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Tejas gone?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-11-16 00:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yes Tejas checked out.
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2011-11-16 00:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

KothoftheHammer said: »
Is Tejas gone?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/26039/where-is-tejas#1577833
By KothoftheHammer 2011-11-16 01:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason why Levithan stays and Ramuh and Ifrit? got the boot?
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-11-19 12:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently Ephemeral Murex's in Misareaux started giving retardedly fail lights. Consistantly 16 per kill, whereas for the last few months, they have been 178( or 184 I cant remember offhand, but 2 murex = guarantee'd cap). No idea if related, but I do believe the size of the murex in misareaux has lessened, ie: they used to be galkan height and now they are barely above that of a medium/Large hume female.
 Asura.Shua
Server: Asura
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2011-11-19 12:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said: »
Recently Ephemeral Murex's in Misareaux started giving retardedly fail lights. Consistantly 16 per kill, whereas for the last few months, they have been 178( or 184 I cant remember offhand, but 2 murex = guarantee'd cap). No idea if related, but I do believe the size of the murex in misareaux has lessened, ie: they used to be galkan height and now they are barely above that of a medium/Large hume female.

I believe it has to deal with Bastion.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-11-19 12:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

People still do Abyssea?
By Wardeniii 2011-11-23 12:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
People still do Abyssea?

Given the number of people I see running around in Dynamis/in general with pink and perle gear, I would certainly hope so.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-02 12:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Asura.Shua said: »
Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said: »
I believe it has to deal with Bastion.
yeah the size of the emph mob usually does mean more lights I found but the zone defenses (in scars zones) affects the max light any avatar or emph mob can give. That's why even killing a huge emph murex over and over around the zone and it only gives 64 lights or less

This has always been the case IIRC. If i kill an eph in konstadt that gives me 100 exp ill get like 16 light value. If i get 1000 exp ill get 80-160ish. I think it's just because the recent lack of traffic makes the mobs "level down".

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Dais
Server: Shiva
user: Dais
By Shiva.Dais 2011-12-02 13:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Alphabetically to keep it simple. I'll try to catalog all zones when I have time. At least now we have a list which give the best exp and best cruor when each are desired

Misereaux Coast

Your list is great but it is missing dynamo clusters and observers. I know from experience observers are high cruror/low exp mobs on par with limestone hares. Sadly, I never tried a dynamo cluster at max chain.

Also, has anyone played around with the mimics just to test lights? they are a pain but enhanced pearl might make them worth the trouble some times if that turns out to be the case.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-12-02 13:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I do beleive it has to be related to defence strength or bastion status in scars zones.
The only zone that is contently high on lights is Miserux (sp). And thats where msot ppl are on my server. Only once in the last few months did murex give less them 128 azure.
Attowa lights are usaly low, And vunkerl lights are always horrible. And theirs usaly very few ppl their. Avatars in vunk (rahmu) have never once giving me more then 16 amber a kill.

They appear to be very zone specific. But they can change within a zone as well. So my guess would be bastion status. (defence, mertello cores we have, something)
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-12-02 13:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said: »
didnt read through all the posts but incase it wasnt said. the lights are based on the level of the elemental mobs. like murex and clionid, the more u kill a specific one, the faster it will repop as well as reach higher level(like normal mobs).

I dont no about that. Iv had easy murex give me 128 azure, and also some tough ones only give 16.
 Fenrir.Savoree
Server: Fenrir
user: Arriole
By Fenrir.Savoree 2011-12-02 14:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Very helpful thread.
Ty for all the research, Josiahfk!
[+]