Magic Attack Bonus Cap?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Magic Attack Bonus cap?
Magic Attack Bonus cap?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-10 12:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

With genesis locket aswell, wise might actually win, that's true.
But I currently do not have genesis locket :<
Edit: Changed the grip in the set I belive is optimal.

Anybody have any idea how much the crit dmg bonus on the locket is?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-06-10 12:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB and INT are both shitty modifiers for spells! Trouble is, that they are the most readily available. It is 99.9% always a much better idea to boost the other modifiers that are available. The way I always look at it is this;

You have several modifiers that affect your DMG output. INT, which stands in its own category and is generally the lowest in terms of its value, and then every other modifier out there... MAB, weather/day, Affinity bonus, and JA (ebullience). Each of these other modifiers has a direct % value increase to them. Because of the way these formulas are calculated, the best way to boost your DMG output when you're forced to make a choice between one modifier or another is to pick the one that boosts the modifer with the lower value.

Dorje and the HQ staffs are a PERFECT example of this, BLMs have a MAB modifier that is already high due to their job traits. Because of this the +25 MAB is never an additional 25% DMG, in order to be a 25% increase it would have to be 25% of your existing MAB modifier. Because it is not, it becomes a much more muted effect when compared to a brand new modifier (affinity) from 0% to 15%

Another good example is Searing cape vs Twilight cape. Each boosts their respective modifier by 5% but because the weather day modifier is always so much lower than the MAB one, twilight cape will win out EVERY single time.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-10 12:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cognition Belt is cheaper, easier to come by, and better than Sanctuary +1 unless you're using it for something else. Strendu Ring drops from Voidwrought, might end up being a hassle to get.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2011-06-10 12:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Way ahead of you lol, I got two posts mixed up.
<3

@ Krsone.. I would agree with all those gear swaps, as I am one of the few remaining BLMs on my server I see rocking out Obis and gear swaps.. GO go TEAL blms..making baby Jesus cry since 2010.

I also wear bugard+1 =)

I saw a BLM in full teal cast Blizzard 4 with a Earth staff, not Terra's, an EARTH staff. I went ............. ?? Their defense, the PDT.

I feel ya, I'm not the most veteran blm (I mostly soloed to 75 during aht urgan days when blm wasn't used for xp), but I swap my ***and I think about how my gear is affecting my spells. It applies to melees in the same way, people who don't carry af pieces that boost abilities, ws, ect.

At least a good blm gets some big numbers that all the baddies can drool at!
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-06-10 13:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
I saw a BLM in full teal cast Blizzard 4 with a Earth staff, not Terra's, an EARTH staff. I went ............. ?? Their defense, the PDT.
Well whatever PDT you have on when your nuke lands is in turn how hard the monster's next attack will be, obviously.

Seriously though, if I'm proc'n in Aby, depending on the NM I'll turn off macros and just let fly in idle set.
Other than that though, gear sets for every kind of spell through multiple situations...
I rarely get to play it anymore, I miss BLM.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-06-10 13:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop posting and log your *** in!
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-06-10 13:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Stop posting and log your *** in!
Ha! Stepping out the door to the job in a few minutes.
Just had to say some nonsensical ***while I'm waiting for my ride lol.