By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-16 00:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Booooo I has the next two days off!
 Siren.Skywarp
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Skywarp 2011-05-16 07:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

happy monday moring siren forum viewers. it was a ratehr eventful weekend. since we cant name names sue t orule infractions. we play a new and intresting game. ... let us begain

so im standing in port and a shout come by like many that happen in jueno it reads

Alcide's Harness (Do you have it) will you consider saling it for 450k.

so i pull up the wiki cause i was intrested in getting a said body myself and thought wow a price drop that much im all over it. and see banm 800k ok no way thats happening..

so i shout back
"dude ant that the body piece saling on the AH for close to a mil?"
he responds back...
"700k actually."
so my witty self goes
"well hommie i think you are problly going to have to $h*t in one hand and want in the other and see which one fills up first."

that got rave reviews in port. he got upset that he was asking a simple question and peopel were being mean to him. and he contuined to shout offering by the time i left town. 500k for it...

another intresting thing ive found out about this server.
siren price 100k
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/3234/oasis-water
diabolous price 40k

my jaw hit the floor.

had quite a few intresting abyssea merit parties over the weekend too. idk if it was pure bad luck on my part or if people dont know how to cure in siren abyssea parties. but man alot of deaths i saw over the weekend.
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 08:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL awesome dude :D

Yeah the prices are bit wonky at the moment.
Trying to find that happy medium between what was Worth "X" On Diabolos is now "+X" on Siren and vice versa.
Prices of triggers for NMs varied.
Before the merger King Tiger Hides were down to like maybe 50K? Less?
Now they're back up to 130K!?!?!?

ugh.

As for the crappy healing in Aby parties. Occasionally you'll find a good solid Alliance you can stick with for a few hours.
But for the most part, they tend to be 18 people:
6 of which are AFK or just scripted their jobs.
6 of which are ALL Key *** (and it seems customary to wear either Formal Wear or RSE to show you're the Key ***)
6 people busting their ***.

That's why I don't even bother with the alliance parties anymore.
I do perfectly fine Soloing pages (if I'm high enough level)
Duoing/Trioing pages (if you want to go faster)
or put together an LS party of six, maybe one or 2 of them are leeching exp to level subs or finish off jobs.

Less of a headache, you know everyone's got your back, and you can just kick back on vent and joke the whole time without the nub frustration of some of the "special people" you find in alliance parties.

As for Nice People report:
Can't remember the name (wish I could) but Saturday night Me and LS mates were exping/boot farming in Attowah. I was looking for WHM feet. Low and Behold, someone nearby shouted "WHM do you need it"
Shot them a tell, and got my boots.
Wish I could remember the name. Love when people don't let things go to waste and shout to see who needs.

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Booooo I has the next two days off!

Well morning sunshine! At least you have the next few days off.
I work for a University... so this week is commencement.
UGH. The whole place is a bustle... yet I have nothing to do.
Wish I could've taken the week off.

Anywho... its 9am and I needs my coffee!!!
 Siren.Skywarp
By Siren.Skywarp 2011-05-16 10:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yea me my bother and my mule went to altep to farm water due to the price. and as we were trying to claim 1 of the mandies. there were like 3 groups feel cleaving. them and or manaburing them. so it was slow going. i kinda ticked off a blm he woudld argo one and train them and i would opps provoke one off him as he ran by. he didnt like dat.

but i stopped once i got clay. to pop the water nm. as we were fighting it. a freaking hole LS a wave of blue pearls. came up and watched. i think i once again upset someone becasue i was troing the nm. but we killed it. no drop and we went on to farm a misltoe from the trents. and troed the zone boss. we came back and the ls was still there all 18 of them. yea 18 peeps. haven't seen 18 people on 1 nm since abyssea came out. was intresting to see 3/4 stand there. i even saw a brd buff people. rather nastligic.

as we stood there watching them. a dude said there was a line for the nm. i told him we only wanted the water he could have the seals
so we joined up. i sent a tell to the ls alliance leader he said they had two more
and off they went to the trents i guess doing what i was going to do. later we poped it . 4-5 times when the salliance came runng back manaburning all ther trents waiting for us to kill the mandy some more. we stopped rather fun day plus seeing 18 peeps on a tiny mandy was old school ...
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 10:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds typical.
Only time we usually have 18 people at a smaller NM, is if it's an atma we missed.
Other then that, sounds like it was over kill.
We were doing the Mandy on Sunday for some SMN and RNG hand seals, just 4 of us. Odd that a WHOLE alliance would be there considering I don't think anything drops from him besides the seals ><
If they were just going for Water and Mistletoe... why didn't they just split up?

I try not to steal mobs from burn groups. I hate to interrupt peoples flow. That is... unless you were already there EXPing or farming pops and they ran in and Hi-jacked it.
That crap pisses me off.

The blue pearls you speak of... wonder if it was the same group I saw the other day fighting Azdaja. I was duoing Buggard pages and ran up to Conflux 7. Saw a WHOLE alliance of them zombie'n Azdaja.
Granted my LS was a bit herpy-derpy fighting him as well for the first time, but this was like 18 people at the NMs face getting up, falling down, and getting up again. :( Kinda felt bad.
 Siren.Skywarp
By Siren.Skywarp 2011-05-16 11:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
I try not to steal mobs from burn groups. I hate to interrupt peoples flow. That is... unless you were already there EXPing or farming pops and they ran in and Hi-jacked it. That crap pisses me off..

hey i normally agree. but 3 groups on 3 equal axes of that little oasis. all 3 either feel Cleaving or manaburning. if u wanted a mandy it was cut throut. beside. if u got 15 mandies. 1 less isnt going to hurt you that bad. i just needed 1 wittle mandy i tried to avoid them but the area si small and not much you cna do your going to step on someones toes.

@ the zombing tatic....... comeon people if you gotto zombie it . you might as well jsut brew it. alot less death and you dont look as silly playing whack a mole.
 Diabolos.Kiddo
Server: Diabolos
user: BKiddo
By Diabolos.Kiddo 2011-05-16 11:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Kuz.

Well Siren has been good to me so far. (other than the name hi-jacking)
This weekend I thought it would be nice to move back to San'd. My first 2 chara were made there so it was a lot like a homecoming. I decided it would be funny to try & solo the rank missions in my novennial dress. (I'm a dude) so I made it to rank 7 saturday, & 1/2 of sunday, all in a dress !!! many lol's were had by friends, dudes in dresses IS funneh!

on a side note the "new" combined server a little too populated for my tastes, but it doesn't mean much considering I'm fairly anti-social in RL, so maybe in-game too? idk

good times tho,

/end pointless post
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 11:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

OH I hear ya Skywarp. Not blaming ya for needing the trigger :D

Give ya a funny story of days gone by.
Back when sky was still big-game hunting, there was this botted group of like 5-6 that would sit in a corner near Despot.
You can tell it was gilsellers/bots since they would be there immobile for a GOOD long time while you farmed Dolls.
Suddenly one would move, take ALL the dolls to the corner, Sleepga them and mana-burning them in robotic-like synchronized nuking.
And Despot would pop.
they would be up there like 24/7 doing that.

Eventually members of the LS got pissed at this. And made it a habit to watch for when they would move. Once they got all the dolls and nailed them with a sleepga2, a member would run by and diaga.

Hilarity ensued.
 Siren.Zagato
user: Zagato
By Siren.Zagato 2011-05-16 11:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren is way over-populated. I would like to offer my immigration services to deport some people back to Diabolos, WoW or FFXIV to help with the massive increase of retards in Siren. '.')b
 Diabolos.Kiddo
By Diabolos.Kiddo 2011-05-16 12:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Zagato said:
Siren is way over-populated. I would like to offer my immigration services to deport some people back to Diabolos, WoW or FFXIV to help with the massive increase of retards in Siren. '.')b

I would glady go back to Diabolos. however I'm pretty sure from watching p.jueno shouts for an hour or so, that you guys' short bus wasn't exactly empty.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 12:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Kiddo said:
I would glady go back to Diabolos. however I'm pretty sure from watching p.jueno shouts for an hour or so, that you guys' short bus wasn't exactly empty.

LOL No it wasn't. We just hadn't taken it out for a spin in a while :D
 Siren.Zagato
user: Zagato
By Siren.Zagato 2011-05-16 12:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
Diabolos.Kiddo said:

LOL No it wasn't. We just hadn't taken it out for a spin in a while :D

This~ lol
 Diabolos.Kiddo
By Diabolos.Kiddo 2011-05-16 12:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao, good times
 Siren.Skywarp
By Siren.Skywarp 2011-05-16 12:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Kiddo said:
Siren.Zagato said:

now that hit the nail right on the head. the server is a bit over crouded when normally you would log on diablous and have around 1-2k people on in high traffic times. to 4k peopel on at 8 am cnt. it wil ltake some adapting. and once everyone gets remerited out. the number will settle down quit a bit.

home isnt a server its the friends we make. while many want to belive teh actual server made it home. it was and is the people. we brought our home with..... yea and those pesky rouches and rats too.
the hole you cant have your cant and eat it too thing.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-16 13:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

awww I bet you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO busy this week Kuz

/sends you some Tim horton's coffee :D
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 14:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nooooooooooooooooo...
Coffee from a Hockey Players Coffee Chain... tastes like said Hockey Player :(

I prefer Dunkin Donuts :D
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-16 14:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:

Nooooooooooooooooo...
Coffee from a Hockey Players Coffee Chain... tastes like said Hockey Player :(

I prefer Dunkin Donuts :D
I LOVE HOCKEY D:
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 14:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I LOVE HOCKEY D:

Oh don't get me wrong, Hockey's great :D
Just Tim Hortons coffee is so... bleh :(

Tim Horton: Great Hockey Player, Terrible Coffee
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-16 14:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
I LOVE HOCKEY D:

Oh don't get me wrong, Hockey's great :D
Just Tim Hortons coffee is so... bleh :(

Tim Horton: Great Hockey Player, Terrible Coffee
well how bout I have all the tim hortons and you have all the dunkin donuts then :D!! WIN WIN!
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 14:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

well how bout I have all the tim hortons and you have all the dunkin donuts then :D!! WIN WIN!

Works for me :D
Couple years ago, over a Christmas break from work (Yep, I get ALL the university's holidays off) They replaced some Dunkin Donuts with Tim Hortons. These just happened to be the one's I'd frequent in the mornings on my way in.

I figured, what the hell! Bought a cup.
That first sip, tasted like elephant pee.
Would never go back again :(
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-16 15:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

gross, i had a bad burnt coffee experience with starbucks...never ever ever tried it again /gags

Tim hortons isnt all over the US though is it?
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-16 15:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure. I'm in the North East, and we have a few around here.
DD and Staryucks are still dominant though.

Dammit now I'm yawning. You have me thinking about coffee now :(
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-16 15:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
Not sure. I'm in the North East, and we have a few around here.
DD and Staryucks are still dominant though.

Dammit now I'm yawning. You have me thinking about coffee now :(
...lol me too D:

/checks outside her windows
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-05-16 15:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Kuz