Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 45 46 47
By dolphinboy 2014-02-12 20:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Anahera Sword stack up to Buramenk'ah, is it really worth spending the time/money on getting it?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-02-12 21:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anahera sword is "good" defensively as it has shield skill and some MDT on it but that really isn't going to make or break it. It's worse dd wise compared to Buramenk'ah due to higher delay a lower skill level and lacking DA/STR.

Though it does have a decent bit higher damage and 15 mind for req, but that's not going to win out.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2014-02-12 22:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Step 1: Place both swords in spreadsheet.

Step 2: Compare.

Step 3: It really doesn't matter, they're both great swords.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2014-02-17 22:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lot's of really great stuff for Pld in this update, mostly in the reduced enmity generation of Melee damage AND reduction in Enmity lost on melee hits while wearing +enmity gear.

Relic pieces aren't terrible either.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-02-18 03:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The gear's not terrible, but most of it's not all that good either. The most exciting thing I've seen so far was the inv+1 offered by cab. hands +1(can store enif.) -.-
 Quetzalcoatl.Tanag
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tanag
By Quetzalcoatl.Tanag 2014-02-18 09:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what the Sentinel +10/+15 on the relic feet do? I tested the NQ and they didn't extend Sentinel duration.

Since the NQ relic feet raised the 90>40 range to 100>50, I wonder if this is just a rewording of that for NQ Cab and the +15 is 100>55, or if its an overall raise to 100>60 and 100>65.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By amadis 2014-02-18 09:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea what they done in the update but in new skimish i had 0 problem holding hate from 3 top-tier MNK 95% of the time last night and today
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-02-18 11:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There were two enmity adjustments.

Update Notes
Quote:
Enmity generated from dealing damage has been adjusted.
Enmity generated from dealing damage to enemies of level 100 or greater no longer accumulates as quickly.

The "Enmity+X" and "Enmity-X" statistics found on equipment have undergone the following adjustments.
Those receiving damage from a foe while wearing "Enmity-X" equipment will experience greater enmity reductions, while those wearing "Enmity+X" equipment will experience lesser enmity reductions.

So DDs get less hate. Although we don't know How Much less. And you lose less CE based on enmity+ gear worn.
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2014-02-18 14:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, this may be one of the single biggest adjustments for Pld in a long time.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Explicit 2014-03-10 19:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just made the switch from spellcast to GearSwap and i cant seem to find any info on commands to switch between my acc levels. I've tried literally everything so if anyone knows if this is even possible or knows the command i'd appreciate the help^^b
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-10 19:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Whether it's possible depends on your PLD.lua. If it has one, is should be in there under function self_command(command)

if it has a cmd for acc toggle, you'd trigger it using //gs c commandname.

Also, look in Windower4\addons\GearSwap\beta_examples_and_information. There are example lua. And a list of commands and variables in the Variables.xlsx
By Explicit 2014-03-10 22:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

took me awhile but i finally figured it out xD thanks so much.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-12 19:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

A rather interesting dev post about shields.
Camate said:
Shields
Currently, shield blocks and the amount of damage reduced are affected by the following:

Damage reduced: type of shield and shield defense
Block rate: type of shield, player shield skill, combat skill attributed to each monster

Comparing Ochain and the easier to obtain Beatific Shield +1, damage reduction from the Beatific Shield is approximately 50%, while Ochain is around 60%, and the block rate, though it depends on the enemy, is very close between the two. On the other hand, the Killedar Shield’s damage reduction nearly reaches 70%, but the block rate is lower. While Ochain is still more powerful than both of these shields, we've managed to close the large gap that existed in the past.

We plan on adding new item level 119 shields moving forward to close this gap even more.
So it would be mob combat skill, not mob level that affects block rate. Although, that's linked to level anyway. But it might mean that we'd get a higher block rate vs mobs whose jobs have lower ranked combat skills.

Assuming, of course, that monster jobs are following the same combat skill ranking as players. They might not.

Neo! Get in here and rework that shield formula! Although... We don't really know how skill values are gonna change at like, lvl 120. Assuming mob values were mirroring player values in the first place.

The killedar bit is a oddity. My tests have killedar at -86% dmg on block. The break down here is 50+30+6. Or size3 base+def/2+shield def bonus. 6% of that comes from Shield def bonus. Which isn't inherent to the shield itself. So maybe they were leaving that out. But it's still 10% off.

Although the Ochain value is dead on(if not including SDB. But the beatific+1 is rather higher than my projections. I'd calc'd it at 53%, including shield def bonus. Well, they did say approximately. But the killedar value is just way off. Maybe I need to retest... Although, I have quite a lot of killedar data. <,<
 Ifrit.Showmo
Server: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2014-03-14 05:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
A rather interesting dev post about shields.
Camate said:
Shields
Block rate: type of shield, player shield skill, combat skill attributed to each monster
Nice of SE to finally lay out some underlying facts of how shield block rating is calculated -- it gets rid of the thought that level has any role in the formula (aside from skill gain). So in essence, the formula could be boiled down to something as simple as:

ShieldBaseRate + (ShieldSkill - MobCombatSkill) * SkillModifier

Actually, this kind of reminds me of a formula theory I had some time back:

Ifrit.Showmo said: »
Base_Block_Rate + (Shield_Skill - A+_Rank_At_Mob's_Level) * Skill_Gain_Multiplier

The above works pretty well so far, but it's still not perfect (the projected result slowly skews away from the actual result as the Shield_Skill value progresses far from the A+_Rank_At_Mob's_Level value).

It wasn't perfect, but it seemed to be on the right track. Perhaps something to do with how the SkillModifier value is calculated based on certain skill ranges and thresholds, or maybe there's just a little extra something in the formula that I was missing? Either way, it's great to have that extra insight from the devs.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-18 07:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Between the hands artifact and relic, what would you sugest to get? The enmity +3 from artifact or the shield mastery +10 from relic?

Trying to create a set to favor the pdt, mdt and enmity, and the mdt from relic dont really matter as i dont have aegis yet and can get 50% mdt with rings, neck, body and shell4.

Thanks in advance.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2014-03-20 14:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shield Mastery +10 is a mistype, it's just +1 (unless they fixed/updated that in my absence).

Nice of SE to finally tell us the shield block factors. Varying mob combat skills would explain some of our discrepancies in data.

I'm studying for the California Bar exam right now and haven't logged on in 2 months.. So I'll see when I can find some time to look into some reworked shield block equations.

Hope all is well.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2014-03-20 15:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not a mistype, its just the way they factor TP, +10 is +1.0 tp per block. +11 would be +1.1 TP per block.

They even clarified that recently with the new DNC JP buff of +100 tp.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-20 17:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Its not a mistype, its just the way they factor TP, +10 is +1.0 tp per block. +11 would be +1.1 TP per block.

They even clarified that recently with the new DNC JP buff of +100 tp.
Except that ever other piece of shield mastery gear in the game uses +1 = 1 TP. There is precedent for this. And they haven't changed any of the old gear If there were gonna change their display method, they shoulda updated the old gear too. Not like there's much of it anyway. Also, no piece of shield mastery gear has ever has a decimal value.

In the case of Jump TP bonus gear, there had never been a quantified value listed on the gear, so sure. I'll buy that. And there have been pieces of jump TP bonus with decimal vaules, so I can see the need for it. But there was just no reason to jerk PLD around like that.

Is it that hard to put a decimal on a value? they did it with mekira toshugai, and Butznar shield. Just a simple decimal, and no one woulda felt ripped off by this. Just, "Oh, new shield mastery on a usable piece. Nice."

And finally, SE said the value listed was wrong, and that they fixed it. cept they didn't.

Akihiko_Matsui said:

The shield mastery value shown in the item help text for Reverence gauntlets +1 was incorrectly displayed and showed the special values used by the program. We've corrected this and the value currently displayed is the proper stat.

I apologize for the delay in announcing this, as well as for the confusion that was caused.

The value was +10 on update day, it's still +10 today. Maybe they changed it on the JP client?
[+]
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2014-03-21 06:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I took a look at some of our older block rate data sets (Data), and the data seems to fit pretty well with the previously suggested formula:
ShieldBaseRate + (ShieldSkill - MobCombatSkill) * SkillModifier
From what I remember during my testing, the shield base rates I found were:
Aegis: 50%
Size 3: 45%
Size 4: 30%

Going off of Martel's Ochain block rate data, Ochain's base can be anywhere from 105% to 110% (it's hard to say, considering we don't know how skill increases after Lv.100; if it's still +7 per level or +8 per level).

The average SkillModifier seemed to be around 0.22-0.2325 from what I can tell with the data.

When I plug the numbers in using the above formula (excluding the Lv.10-20 Aegis data), the numbers seem to fall within an acceptable range. For the mob's combat skill, I was using an A+ skill rank to compare the results, but it's likely not all mobs will have the standard A+ ranking depending on its job and/or NM/HNM status.

Just some quick examples from the data above:
Thoughts? I think we finally have a pretty accurate and precise block rate formula, aside from nailing down Ochain's actual base block rate and maybe figuring out the exact SkillModifier (somewhere in the 0.22-0.2325 range, 0.2325 seemed to be the average, thanks to the help of Martel's extensive Ochain data and skill increase increments).
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-03-21 08:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

it's hard to say, considering we don't know how skill increases after Lv.100; if it's still +7 per level or +8 per level).
Could we get a decent idea based on parsing a mob's acc given a set mob level (confirmed with battlemod) and set player evasion number?

Obviously it'd take a pretty huge sample size to narrow down skill differences of just a few points but that could give us the info we want right? Though I guess we'd have to check it for various mob "jobs" too...
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2014-03-21 15:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
it's hard to say, considering we don't know how skill increases after Lv.100; if it's still +7 per level or +8 per level).
Could we get a decent idea based on parsing a mob's acc given a set mob level (confirmed with battlemod) and set player evasion number?

Obviously it'd take a pretty huge sample size to narrow down skill differences of just a few points but that could give us the info we want right? Though I guess we'd have to check it for various mob "jobs" too...
It could definitely work, but it might be hard to calculate its skill level based solely on the parsed accuracy rating alone, since we would need to know the mob's DEX value, any accuracy bonus job traits, and potentially any mob family accuracy bonus traits as well (and of course it's level as you mentioned above).

The best approach I can think of is to parse the accuracy of a certain mob each at different levels, one at a time (so for example, a parse of Lv.103, 104, and 105 Mourning Crawlers). Then you could compare how much of an accuracy increase it received per level difference (this would assume you ran the parse with the same evasion rating for each). We would still need to consider its DEX increases per level though, since +2~4 DEX is enough to increase its accuracy by 1~2 and throw off our results since we're looking for a small skill+ difference.
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-03-22 23:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Where does new shield place on hierarchy anybody know?
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-03-25 01:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone post the best Knights of the Round WS set. I was surprised not to see one on the main page.

Thanks in advance.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2014-03-26 13:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's str/mnd mod, so a revised Req. WS set is optimal (most of the Req. pieces are the highest str/mnd/attack pieces for those slots regardless.) Just change out the mnd rings/ammo for str.

I haven't looked at the gear from the new update, so I'll leave it to someone else to post a "new" best WS set for each WS.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-28 23:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So. Level 126 mobs. Block rates suuuck.

Target: Serac rabbits(woh gates)
Level 126.
The only skill+ gear would be on the shield itself, if present.
Code
Shield		Skill	block%	-dmg	totaldmg-
Ochain		432		70.23	-66%	-46.6%
Killedar	532		27.63	-86%	-23.7%
Beatific	504		36.72	-48%	-17.6%
Aegis		432		11.91	-81%	- 9.6%
Weathering	432		 6.18	-74%	- 4.5%

Sample sizes
Shield		hits
Ochain		4929
Killedar	3980
Beatific	3602
Aegis		4172
Weathering	1504

Getting interrupted like mad while wearing Ochain is really annoying. I guess SE's way of nerfing Ochain, was to make new mobs so freaking high leve, you feel like you're playing lvl 75 PLD again. -.-;
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-03-28 23:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm definitely noticing the uncapped block rate with Ochain(and practically nonexistent block rate with Aegis) on new delve NMs. Having to pop Sentinel to get Phalanx back up against large groups of fodder is really obnoxious
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-03-28 23:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutrax said: »
It's str/mnd mod, so a revised Req. WS set is optimal (most of the Req. pieces are the highest str/mnd/attack pieces for those slots regardless.) Just change out the mnd rings/ammo for str.

I haven't looked at the gear from the new update, so I'll leave it to someone else to post a "new" best WS set for each WS.

Thank you!
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-03-29 01:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
Where does new shield place on hierarchy anybody know?
bump this...
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 45 46 47