What have you found? NEW UPDATE
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-05-10 00:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

kirins osode with dual wield+1 and attack+4 :\ using byakko seal and HQ.
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-10 00:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So does the dungeon update go from original level to immediately LV90 stuff or is there a grading to it that would allow exping at multiple different levels?
 Sylph.Kuumihumi
Server: Sylph
user: Kuumihumi
By Sylph.Kuumihumi 2011-05-10 00:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo'd Ovni and it dropped Shaolin belt onry :'(
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
Server: Bismarck
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2011-05-10 00:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It just seems to go from standard to high. Theres no new mobs between what youd expect and the new 80+ ones.
By Reikouki 2011-05-10 00:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not gonna go back and read cause lazy, got a pop for an NM in Dyna-Sandy off a reg mob, checked EM. Odious Scales. Popped Bladeburner Rokgevok, he hit like a mfing BEAST. He was 100% accurate on my THF with full eva merits. Crit me for 670-722 with ProV, casted -aga spells relatively often. Does not seem like it would be do-able with a small group. Had a fairly geared PLD tanking, went down after a short time and I tried to take over on THF. Assuming he drops one of those page/tome things, and maybe a chance at 100 just because of how difficult he seems.
By BeaumontXI 2011-05-10 00:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, not really noticing a difference with +2 dnc body and Striking Flourish.

Is it true the only "Adjustment" was a new animation for those JA?
[+]
By Reikouki 2011-05-10 00:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, 1/5 on stealing currency. Mobs got stronger after repops, walk-around NMs were very easy, probably solo'able on most evasion jobs. Relic Armor dropping very regularly, seems like a fun time except for these pop nms.
 Fenrir.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-10 00:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbeat said:
It just seems to go from standard to high. Theres no new mobs between what youd expect and the new 80+ ones.
That's kind of disappointing. Way to further alienate people who don't believe in leeching Abyssea to 90.
 Ragnarok.Aerox
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Aerox 2011-05-10 00:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The blm quadav in shell shocked is a real ***, spams -ja spells like crazy when you get his hp low >.> Still no sign of a 100byne yet D=

Edit: pic of drops:

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/56890
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-05-10 00:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Found out everyone can get that Prishe statue (from the Treasure Coffer near Joachim.) They made it sound like only people ordering that special edition Steam bundle thing would get it.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-05-10 00:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The font is lovely! Everyone's name is so clear. There's actual spaces in between the letters in my name. *swoon*
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-05-10 00:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:
Found out everyone can get that Prishe statue (from the Treasure Coffer near Joachim.) They made it sound like only people ordering that special edition Steam bundle thing would get it.
no they said everyone who bought all 3 abyssea expansions.
 Ragnarok.Ruklin
user: Ruklin
By Ragnarok.Ruklin 2011-05-10 00:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The special edition steam bundle nets you the hat
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-05-10 00:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Fenrir.Schutz said:

Ah I see, ok. Kind of nice in an awkward FF-underaged-heroine-shrine sort of way.
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2011-05-10 00:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Bismarck.Bloodbeat said:
That's kind of disappointing. Way to further alienate people who don't believe in leeching Abyssea to 90.

Anybody needing level cap items for earlier caps or trying to get all the OPs/Missions/Quests is gonna be screwed too.
It will probs be a bother to people using GC for Magian weather trials too...

Has anybody undertaken a ground tome regime yet? If the rewards arent HUGE then I can't see why people wont opt for speed and ease with Ro'Maeve, Teriggan and Valley of Sorrows FoV..

One thing I did notice is that the Kupower for boxes didn't make a difference for chests in Ranguemont and that the tmp items included some of those higher level drinks for all stat boosts...
By Reikouki 2011-05-10 00:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And last update for me for now, can go back into Dynamis after JP Midnight, for anyone interested.
 Asura.Ceraphina
Server: Asura
user: Ceraphina
By Asura.Ceraphina 2011-05-10 00:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbeat said:
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Bismarck.Bloodbeat said:

Anybody needing level cap items for earlier caps or trying to get all the OPs/Missions/Quests is gonna be screwed too.
It will probs be a bother to people using GC for Magian weather trials too...

Has anybody undertaken a ground tome regime yet? If the rewards arent HUGE then I can't see why people wont opt for speed and ease with Ro'Maeve, Teriggan and Valley of Sorrows FoV..

One thing I did notice is that the Kupower for boxes didn't make a difference for chests in Ranguemont and that the tmp items included some of those higher level drinks for all stat boosts...

Just did page 8 with a friend in Garlaige Basement.
4 Fortalice Bats
3 Warden Beetles

They all gave about 400 XP a piece, the page itself gave 1,850 XP, 1,850 gil and 185 tabs. The blue treasure chests that dropped gave us a Gnostics drink and a dusty elixer. No brown chests yet.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-05-10 00:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how most of these new mobs in the dungeons are smack-dab in the middle of the relevant areas. Ranguemont Pass especially, with these mobs clogging up the way to the Glacier.

From the little prowesses and one page, I've gotten a small attack/r.attack boost.

Time to check out KRT, can't be too bad there.

Fenrir.Schutz said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Fenrir.Schutz said:

Ah I see, ok. Kind of nice in an awkward FF-underaged-heroine-shrine sort of way.

IT'S TOTALLY OKAY I SWEAR SHE'S AT LEAST 35 THE CUTSCENES TOLD ME SO SO IT'S LEGAL AND COOL
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-05-10 00:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone make a list of windower plugin or UI interface parts that are broken now? I know Darkshade will probably have to work on an update with that, along with anyone else on the windower team.
 Asura.Yekyaa
user: Yekyaa
By Asura.Yekyaa 2011-05-10 00:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Can anyone make a list of windower plugin or UI interface parts that are broken now? I know Darkshade will probably have to work on an update with that, along with anyone else on the windower team.
There's already a topic for just that on the windower forums.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-05-10 00:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Another pic of drops from Shell Shocked:

[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-05-10 00:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

KRT's new mobs are found on the way to Vrtra, so uh... there, it's at least not like a few of the other zones.

Planar Rift is found near the Goblin Gruel (H-6/7)
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-05-10 01:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Reikouki said:
Not gonna go back and read cause lazy, got a pop for an NM in Dyna-Sandy off a reg mob, checked EM. Odious Scales. Popped Bladeburner Rokgevok, he hit like a mfing BEAST. He was 100% accurate on my THF with full eva merits. Crit me for 670-722 with ProV, casted -aga spells relatively often. Does not seem like it would be do-able with a small group. Had a fairly geared PLD tanking, went down after a short time and I tried to take over on THF. Assuming he drops one of those page/tome things, and maybe a chance at 100 just because of how difficult he seems.

bet a Ochain pld could tank it -.-.....

AEGIS GET BK IN THE MOG HOUSE! u still ***
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2011-05-10 01:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fellowship NPCs use quested WSs at the skill that they can be unlocked, with no special requirements needed. My NPC dinged 71 and used Tachi: Kasha, and I hadn't use Homemade Stew from Tactics Pearl quest. My guess is they need a minimum of level 71 to get it (I guess they quest it on their own time?), or whatever level the job with the highest skill would have enough to unlock it, whichever is higher. For example, they'd have 251 skill at 70, which is enough to get Kasha, but can't use until 71. I can't confirm that though, since mine was only 1 fight away from 71. She didn't use Kasha at all in the 30 mobs I had to kill for her G5 quest, and didn't use it in the 1 fight needed for her to hit 71 afterwards, anyway. Shortly after hitting 71 though, she used it once (though she still prefers Hobaku >.>). So levels they get the WS should be:

Axe - Decimation - 71
Club - Black Halo - 71
Dagger - Evisceration - 71
Great Axe - Steel Cyclone - 71
Great Katana - Tachi: Kasha - 71
Great Sword - Ground Strike - 72
Hand-to-Hand - Asuran Fists - 71
Katana - Blade: Ku - 72
Polearm - Impulse Drive - 71
Scythe - Spiral Hell - 71
Staff - Retribution - 71
Sword - Savage Blade - 71

However, if they did indeed change it to where the quested WSs are available to them as soon as they have the needed skill, it would be as follows:

Axe - Decimation - 70
Club - Black Halo - 67
Dagger - Evisceration - 67
Great Axe - Steel Cyclone - 68
Great Katana - Tachi: Kasha - 70
Hand-to-Hand - Asuran Fists - 70
Polearm - Impulse Drive - 68
Scythe - Spiral Hell - 68
Staff - Retribution - 67
Sword - Savage Blade - 68

I would also be very shocked if they didn't get the non-quested WSs at 290/300. So they should get Bora Axe, Flash Nova, Aeolian Edge, Fell Cleave, Tachi: Ageha, Herculean Slash, Tornado Kick, Blade: Yu, Sonic Thrust, Infernal Scythe, Cataclysm, and Sanguine Blade at 80.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-10 01:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What was the npc G5 quest like? And what about the fight?
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-05-10 01:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I did 1 run of the Sacrificial Chamber KCNM.
4 Undead, 1 Skele, 1 Ghost, 1 Flesh, 1 Hound
Setup was BRD(me) WHM BLM(also me) PLD(Ochain Almace) NIN(Kanagi) MNK(Vere)
Original plan was Lullaby them and kill 1 at a time while I did BRD things to not die.
They resisted Lullaby, Repose, and ES Sleep(lol)
PLD fought Ghost and held Flesh while NIN and MNK fought Hound and Skele respectively. Aside from the shock of sleep not working it went fairly smoothly will post notable drops after I finish all 6 runs.

Things of note: They all use Blood Weapon(possibly at the same time)
They level up when one dies and they have silly alliterative names(will post after I do all 6 runs)
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2011-05-10 01:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

5 man dyna

Popped animated tachi with the "Divine Goad" that dropped from the Satellite Tachis that roam around. Drop rate wasnt too bad got 1/7.
Popped the Tachi and it doesnt warp away, spawn adds and you have 15 minutes to kill it. Was rocky cuz it killed our tank at 14% but other than that it was an easy fight. Got divine fragment. 1/1
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-05-10 01:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Birdman Cape: Mine. O.o
By Artemicion 2011-05-10 01:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said:
Fellowship NPCs use quested WSs at the skill that they can be unlocked, with no special requirements needed. My NPC dinged 71 and used Tachi: Kasha, and I hadn't use Homemade Stew from Tactics Pearl quest. My guess is they need a minimum of level 71 to get it (I guess they quest it on their own time?), or whatever level the job with the highest skill would have enough to unlock it, whichever is higher. For example, they'd have 251 skill at 70, which is enough to get Kasha, but can't use until 71. I can't confirm that though, since mine was only 1 fight away from 71. She didn't use Kasha at all in the 30 mobs I had to kill for her G5 quest, and didn't use it in the 1 fight needed for her to hit 71 afterwards, anyway. Shortly after hitting 71 though, she used it once (though she still prefers Hobaku >.>). So levels they get the WS should be:

Axe - Decimation - 71
Club - Black Halo - 71
Dagger - Evisceration - 71
Great Axe - Steel Cyclone - 71
Great Katana - Tachi: Kasha - 71
Hand-to-Hand - Asuran Fists - 71
Polearm - Impulse Drive - 71
Scythe - Spiral Hell - 71
Staff - Retribution - 71
Sword - Savage Blade - 71

However, if they did indeed change it to where the quested WSs are available to them as soon as they have the needed skill, it would be as follows:

Axe - Decimation - 70
Club - Black Halo - 67
Dagger - Evisceration - 67
Great Axe - Steel Cyclone - 68
Great Katana - Tachi: Kasha - 70
Hand-to-Hand - Asuran Fists - 70
Polearm - Impulse Drive - 68
Scythe - Spiral Hell - 68
Staff - Retribution - 67
Sword - Savage Blade - 68

I would also be very shocked if they didn't get the non-quested WSs at 290/300. So they should get Bora Axe, Flash Nova, Aeolian Edge, Fell Cleave, Tachi: Ageha, Herculean Slash, Tornado Kick, Blade: Yu, Sonic Thrust, Infernal Scythe, Cataclysm, and Sanguine Blade at 80.

Very interesting. If they're able to obtain WSNM weapon skills based on skill level alone, then there's no reason they should be able to use Mythic weapon skills since those are similar in nature of obtaining for WSNMs. We'll just have to see huh?
 Bismarck.Dierdreh
user: Dierdreh
By Bismarck.Dierdreh 2011-05-10 01:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I just killed Almighty Apkallu with Magnuss here and right after we got both the Back and feet pieces, the NM re-pops immediately afterwards.... >.> wtf?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8