Forum » FFXI » General » What have you found? NEW UPDATE
What have you found? NEW UPDATE
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-05-10 02:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got Card of Ardor from Lusca. T3 VNM in Attohwa Abyssea. Hmmm interesting.
[+]
By Hermaeus 2011-05-10 02:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

if you need cape off apkalu better get it inb4 fix. since everyone has claimed it to repop after death.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-05-10 02:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Voidwatch monsters have a lot of HP and hit like trucks. Tried to fight one in North Gustaberg. Worm(kind of like Pallid Percy) tore the hell out of me. Voidwatch seems exactly like Abyssea redux.
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-10 02:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I've discovered that while I had 2+ characters logged in none of them could check their delivery boxes. Is this just me? Tried for like 20 minutes and would not let me............

Nothing came up when clicked, and when clicked again, says please try again later. /rage
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-10 02:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

And now they put server message about it lol. wonder what they *** up this time
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-05-10 02:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dbox is broken for me too. It was working fine and now it just won't load at all. I need to mule RIGHT NOW!
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-05-10 02:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did dynamis Xarcabard with 6. SAM THF WHM RDM BRD BLM and it was easy as hell.

All the satellite drop pop items to pop the animated, you will find the ??? at the towers.All the towers ??? seemed to be for fragments nm only.

All the normal nms PI drop from normal nms, though after killing alot of mobs we didnt get any PI for normal nms until the old "eye wall"

We got drop "shrouded bijou" off a roaming Count raum near the fourth tower.That is used to pop DL

The currency drop rate is lame (got around 12 singles in 60 ish min)
We got a time extension off the first statue at start (10 mins) but then we got none, seemed pretty random according to some friend)
Further you get into the dynamis, harder the mobs seems to get.
You can procc yellow on regular mob(we got yellow using provoke) and seemed to augment currency drop rate.
AF drop rate didnt seemed to change (got about 10 af)
You can sneak/invisible trough the whole dynamis.
Mob repop seemed about 5 min.

DL was a bit easier then expected, has 2 melee we got it down to 75%.It DOES not pop ying and yang at the start of the fight but he will summon them after 3 min ish.DL itself looked weaker, easyly could haved took it down as 2 pts or more melee.Still uses 2hrs.
EDIT: When you pop DL it says that you are entering a BC and have 30 mins to kill it.

and thats all that comes to my mind for now, hope it helps.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2011-05-10 04:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
What was the npc G5 quest like? And what about the fight?
-Talk to Luto to flag
-Talk to Magian Moogle (the weapon one)
-Trade Tandem Collar (given in previous CS) to Magian Moogle (the armor one)
-Flag Trial 4444.
-Kill 30 mobs that give your NPC exp, with the Tandem Collar equipped.
-Trade collar back to Magian Moogle, you get a lump of copper.
-Trade the lump of copper to Luto.
-Level 75 cap. :P
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-05-10 04:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Itza now drops Stone and Coin of Ardor. Only seen it drop a max of one.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-05-10 04:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
-Talk to Luto to flag
-Flag Trial 4444.

Ah, that's pretty nice, thanks. I would imagine most everyone has like billions of fellowship points saved up by now, meaning one could just buy page after page of Miratete's Memoires or whichever exp-paper item that NPC in Jeuno-Rulude Gardens has to just push the NPC level way up to the next cap.
By DuzellLevi 2011-05-10 04:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Trial 4445 can be undertaken at fellow level 71 same procedure for activation.
Trial 25 birds
Any day or Weather
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-05-10 04:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Weasel said:
First thing I checked, /sea all: 1946 people. 547 of which are just dickin' around Port Jeuno. derp

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Tenuto has a new animation.

This made me curious about the other JA they mentioned. Immanence, Perpetuance, Mana Cede have new ones as well. I'll try Striking Flourish later but it probably does too.
striking's animation is changed to let you know if your next attack will crit or not if you have af3 body equiped, just got done playing with it in altepa, which is pretty huge cause now you'll know if you can make rudra crit or not, if it doesnt ding use evisceration instead of having a crappy rudra dmg.
 Shiva.Karichan
Server: Shiva
user: Kari
By Shiva.Karichan 2011-05-10 04:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Weasel said:
First thing I checked, /sea all: 1946 people. 547 of which are just dickin' around Port Jeuno. derp

Shiva.Flionheart said:

This made me curious about the other JA they mentioned. Immanence, Perpetuance, Mana Cede have new ones as well. I'll try Striking Flourish later but it probably does too.
striking's animation is changed to let you know if your next attack will crit or not if you have af3 body equiped, just got done playing with it in altepa, which is pretty huge cause now you'll know if you can make rudra crit or not, if it doesnt ding use evisceration instead of having a crappy rudra dmg.

What's the difference in animation? Is it extremely noticable? Doing tests with my +1 Body and not really noticing, but I also may not be getting the crit. /impatient
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-05-10 05:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Karichan said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Weasel said:

Shiva.Flionheart said:

What's the difference in animation? Is it extremely noticable? Doing tests with my +1 Body and not really noticing, but I also may not be getting the crit. /impatient
the change to the animation is there with and without the af3 body, i did a few times idle in my mirke body and it would show the 2 different animations.

non-crit animation - animation has presto style visual with the sound of it warming up or something

crit animation - animation has presto style visual leading to animation continuing to your hands giving off an enlight flash effect at your hands, the sound has the warm up sound and once the enlight effect shows on your hands you hear a dinging sound much like bounty shout/treasure hunter proc.

all this shows when you do the ja, so you can tell if you should use rudra or not.
 Bahamut.Vagrua
Server: Bahamut
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2011-05-10 05:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Found new mobs in crawler's nest.
King Crawler - Tough
Olid Funguar - Tough
Dancing Jewel - Very Tough
Vespo - Tough
They also replaced the crawler camp inside the middle of map 4 with just some water elementals. Probably an empty room without weather.
The crawlers that used to be on the way down to map 4 have been replaced with 6-7 exorays and some hornflys.
 Titan.Jullias
Server: Titan
By Titan.Jullias 2011-05-10 05:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I've been playing around on garlaige citadel on the grounds of valor and so here is as far as I've gotten-
New field support options
New mobs lvl 92~96
The more pages you do the more enhancements you get
1: more crystals drop lvl 1
2: accuracy and ranged accuracy are enhanced lvl 1
3: hp/mp boost lvl 1
I stopped after my last page just thought it was kind of neat I want to see what else you get so I will keep doing it for a while.
I don't know how much hp you get from the boost but it wasn't very noticeable, I'm hoping it's better than it looks so well see once I get more done or someone else
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2011-05-10 05:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Jullias said:
Well I've been playing around on garlaige citadel on the grounds of valor and so here is as far as I've gotten-
New field support options
New mobs lvl 92~96
The more pages you do the more enhancements you get
1: more crystals drop lvl 1
2: accuracy and ranged accuracy are enhanced lvl 1
3: hp/mp boost lvl 1
I stopped after my last page just thought it was kind of neat I want to see what else you get so I will keep doing it for a while.
I don't know how much hp you get from the boost but it wasn't very noticeable, I'm hoping it's better than it looks so well see once I get more done or someone else

I did a few too and besides the ones u mentiones i got
Increse treasure casquet drop rate
Treasure Hunter
Increase skill gain rate
Magic att and magic acc increase
Attack and range attack increase
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2011-05-10 05:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
-Talk to Luto to flag
-Flag Trial 4444.

I decided to hang around and kill some more while i done this lvl cap.. any news on what they raised the NPC kill count to? im currently on 72 and still going.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-10 05:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've found that Pheonix, my new merged server home's Port Jeuno is over packed enough I can't login due to "congestion" /sigh
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-05-10 05:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I just need to change my resolution or something (Although there was nothing really wrong with it,) But has anyone else noticed they can't read peoples names past a certain distance with the new font? <.<
By Artemicion 2011-05-10 05:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Maybe I just need to change my resolution or something (Although there was nothing really wrong with it,) But has anyone else noticed they can't read peoples names past a certain distance with the new font? <.<

Actually with the new font, it makes reading names at a distance a bit easier. However, default FFXI UI resolution doesn't cater to 16:9 monitors, so things may look a little "fat" on the interface side.
Just gonna have to wait for DarkShade to ride a double rainbow to awesome land and get us an update for XIView.

Note: Don't try overwriting SE's files with the old version, as it can make things rather wonky and even make FFXI inoperable; so just sit tight and let the cool people do awesome things :D
By BeaumontXI 2011-05-10 06:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did the Whom Wilt Thou Call KC50 in Sacrificial Chamber.

The fight is against a dog, a jnun, a skele, and a ghost.
Our setup was Nin Dnc Thf Bst Drg Whm. Needless to say, it took us awhile to whittle those mobs down.

Each mob used normal TP moves. None of them cast. At certain % HP, they all 2hr (Bloodweapon) at the same time.
When one of the mobs was killed, the other mobs would level up though I didn't really notice a difference when they did.
The Jnun frequently DA'd and it seems like the skele actually resisted blunt damage as well when the drg switched to staff.

Getting to the area itself was annoying due to lack of torches.

Nothing notable for drops:
Ice Fewell
Aquamarinex2
Darksteel Ore
Intelligence potion
Sylvan seal: Head.
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2011-05-10 06:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this been said already, but is it just me or does the ingame counter for lights be abit off, or maybe im just mistaken. But did VNM T1 always generate 16 lights?
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-05-10 06:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Actually with the new font, it makes reading names at a distance a bit easier. However, default FFXI UI resolution doesn't cater to 16:9 monitors, so things may look a little "fat" on the interface side.
Just gonna have to wait for DarkShade to ride a double rainbow to awesome land and get us an update for XIView.

Note: Don't try overwriting SE's files with the old version, as it can make things rather wonky and even make FFXI inoperable; so just sit tight and let the cool people do awesome things :D

Ah thanks, I've never used a UI mod before, so I been working with the normal ingame version, but I think i'll give it a go after they update it :D
By Artemicion 2011-05-10 06:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Artemicion said:

Ah thanks, I've never used a UI mod before, so I been working with the normal ingame version, but I think i'll give it a go after they update it :D

It's worth not having brain damage inducing font in chat text, and colorized song/roll icons over non-descript pale purple and white circles and die.
By Artemicion 2011-05-10 07:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Snap! He patched it already.
You guys work quick.
 Ramuh.Leif
Server: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-05-10 07:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I found that there are over 700 people in Port Jeuno at this moment.

Attempting to zone in killed my connection, took several attempts of logging in for it to work.

So much for congestion relief SE.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-10 07:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I might have missed it in the update notes but can we store kindred crests/high kc somewhere now?

Edit: nevermind, found it.
 Ifrit.Maddii
Server: Ifrit
user: Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddii 2011-05-10 07:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

so, this Grounds of Valour, can someone state where the (yet founded) pages are exactly?

if it has been already posted on an earlier site of this thread , accept my apologies.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-10 07:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Cerelyn said:
Maybe this been said already, but is it just me or does the ingame counter for lights be abit off, or maybe im just mistaken. But did VNM T1 always generate 16 lights?

Definitely wrong, a pug in Grauberg just upped lights from 46 to 64.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8