Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Unfinished Ochain Question
Unfinished Ochain Question
 Sylph.Quiznor
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-04-05 10:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

While I intend to finish it to 90 (and then 99 eventually) I'm just wondering if when it becomes "Ochain" at 85 after the Colorless Souls trial,does it count as a Size 6 and give the 90% block rate and 80% damage reduction during blocking? Or is that only when it becomes the level 90 version? I always forget to ask the guy on my server with it >_<
 Bahamut.Phix
Server: Bahamut
user: phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-04-05 10:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Having just helped finish the 85 this morning ill get him to mess about with it and see but i remember being told that the hidden effect is only on the 90 dude ; ;
Good new's is Azdaja is a joke :D
 Asura.Bokchoy
Server: Asura
user: Mmaximus
By Asura.Bokchoy 2011-04-05 11:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ochain85 is equivalent to Empy80 weapons, no bonus.
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-04-05 20:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

39/50 Plates
0/75 Souls
6/75 Horns

atm

Yeah Azdaja is lol as is ironclad,the real pain will be those VNM's because my luck with upgrades sucks
 Alexander.Githalantas
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Githalantas 2011-04-05 20:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Your best bet /w Upgrades for t2 are Titan .. he is really really easy and drops decent seals.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-04-05 20:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It is the size of the shield that makes it have the block rate. 85 version is not the same size as the 90.
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-04-05 20:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

atm I'm sitting with a T3 levi and T3 diab and just got a T2 that im gonna upgrade in altepa so that'll be nice
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-04-05 20:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't waste your time in altepa. I've never seen that waste of breath drop 2 souls.
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-04-05 20:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

3 pops at the same time for me works though since ill be in altepa again for seals before i get a T3 popped
 Alexander.Githalantas
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Githalantas 2011-04-05 21:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive gotten 6/6 Souls from Altepa from the 3 pops we had but had red and blue procs each time and a thf. But that shield is badass
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-04-05 22:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm glad to hear that it can drop 2.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-04-05 22:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of 48 souls I've gotten from altepa. only 3 were double.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-04-05 22:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

In uleg, the vast majority dropped dual souls(I did not keep count but I want to say a handful of the 60 some odd souls we got from here only dropped one) which is why after a bit of altepa, we said *** that and went back.

Upgrading can be a nightmare and blowing a T3 on 1 soul is just depressing.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-05 22:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Not as depressing as it depopping on you during the pull out of an aggro filled area... then it taking over 100 T1s to get colorful :(
 Siren.Aydindril
Server: Siren
user: Aydindril
By Siren.Aydindril 2011-04-05 22:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh. Yeah the colorless souls were awful. I did most of mine on the Leviathan in Uleg, he wasn't as stingy as the dickbag Diabolos/Ifrit and I could dualbox him on PLD + my whm mule and the Shiva wasn't bad to dualbox (although competition was rough at times). I don't know what resources you have available to you but personally Atma of the Future Fabulous helped me tremendously for Ogopogo when I was dualboxing.

I finished the plates before they fixed the droprate for Little Squiggles, but I imagine he would be the easiest way to get plates now since he was a pretty quick solo on SCH.

Hope some of this is helpful to you :) I've got 44 Azdaja horns to go til I finish my shield!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-04-05 23:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Not as depressing as it depopping on you during the pull out of an aggro filled area... then it taking over 100 T1s to get colorful :(
We depoped a T3 cause the popper was weak and died before they got back to camp. Of course this happens when you're driven half insane by a trial such as this... You stop paying as much attention as you should.

Needless to say... We worked on the 'buddy system' ever since.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-05 23:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
We depoped a T3 cause the popper was weak and died before they got back to camp. Of course this happens when you're driven half insane by a trial such as this... You stop paying as much attention as you should.

Needless to say... We worked on the 'buddy system' ever since.
I just had the thing depop when it was just like 15 yalms away from cause it felt like it.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-04-05 23:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd kill myself or the nearest living thing...
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-04-05 23:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I always get a shout going for the Altepa IC,its easy to get people for that and I lock the plates since I dont want seals. Usualy come home from a 6 person shout with 6~10 plates. Azdaja wasnt so bad,although every time I fought him was a pick up shout and was brewed.But with a solid idea it should be easy anyway. Souls are gonna be the tedious thing for me. I wouldnt be surprised if I was 50/50 and 75/75 horns before I finished souls.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-04-05 23:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess if you're gunna be there anyway. I just wanted to give fair warning before you waste your pops.
 Siren.Kvadrat
user: Kvadrat
By Siren.Kvadrat 2011-04-06 09:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

did you guys just burn your stones when farming C. Souls? we had huge problem 'cause we spent all our time on other emp. weapons, lol but now after servers got shut down got 60 stones+ lol
still, wonder which way we should lean toward, farm time and then souls, or just get it done and save some RL time
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-04-06 09:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If your group can't cap your lights in a T3 zone...
 Siren.Kvadrat
user: Kvadrat
By Siren.Kvadrat 2011-04-06 10:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

we haven't tried capping / farming time in any of the t3 zones, only done farming in t1 and t2 and spent stones for T3s
and my group will be composed of 3 people, 2 refused to participate in this emp farming, said he had like 1/40 luck on farming t2 few times in a row, lol

can i get any suggestions on setup and what to kill for lights/time~
blm mnk whm to cap all lights quick or thf nin whm for TH on my T3 fights? o.o
where do T1 mobs pop in aby Ul. range?
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-04-06 10:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For VNM farming (tier 1 >> 2 >> 3, change the color) what i do is go nin/dnc, always alone, and just kill whatever from tier 1 to 3, got yesterday 3 tier 3 VNM in vunk/attohwa/misa in 40 mins.

But when im with some1 that does a tier 2, mine refuses to change or when im seeking a tier 3 (lets say misa) and that other person has it already, it wont change either.

Maybe is just casualty but it happened many times that i got the NM to very low HP then my friend gets it back to him >> i disband then he kills >> color change.

Hope it helps!!
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-04-07 13:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I joined a shout for T2 grauberg a week or so ago,only lookin for the upgrade,went 1/1.I shouted for a bunch of ule T2's since i needed COR but mainly wanted the upgrade.Went about 1/20.Just yesterday some LS members were duoing the T2 in altepa for seals and offered an earring in chat so I went out and got it.They let me pop mine since I was after the upgrade,15 minutes later I was 1/1 on that T3.

tl:dr i either used stored time or time + stones to get mine.I never specifically farmed time then went to the VNM yet.Then again I have about 90 stones atm and I'm using them mainly on ironclad shouts atm.Usually 2 stones per shout + remaining time.

45/50 ;-;
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-04-14 12:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Random update...

So far I'm 4/75 and all the T3's I've done so far (1x Grauberg 3x Altepa) all with decent TH on them,have resulted in 1 drop each.I'll pop my ule over the weekend and hopefully that drops 2