The 3rd Birthday (Parasite Eve III)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » The 3rd Birthday (Parasite Eve III)
The 3rd Birthday (Parasite Eve III)
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-26 13:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like Square Enix released some nice titles for PSP this month!

Quote:
Hideous creatures descend on Manhattan. Ground reports from the squad tasked with containing the pandemonium refer to these life forms as the Twisted. An investigatory team known as the CTI is formed within the year.

The Overdive system emerges as a means of opposition, but only one viable candidate exists -- Aya Brea. A gift as she awakens from a lost past on this, the occasion of her third birth.

M for Mature: Blood, Partial Nudity, Strong Language, Violence

I wouldn't exactly call it a sequel to Parasite Eve. But as a shooter it's pretty fun.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-26 13:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is just cranking out the games, man :o
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-26 14:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Only reason why you should buy this game:
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-26 14:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
Only reason why you should buy this game:

It's a pretty good shooter though, also her clothes start getting battle damaged <_<

Story is sorta bleh.. No Pyrokinesis! Whry!
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-26 14:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of SE, did they re-name FFXIII Agito to Type-0?
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-26 14:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Same reason that Nintendo calls all of it's projects 'revolution' prior to release, then has a press conference to unveil a really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE name. It's a jap thing. (lolwii)
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-26 14:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Same reason that Nintendo calls all of it's projects 'revolution' prior to release, then has a press conference to unveil a really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE name. It's a jap thing. (lolwii)
lol, I see. It's still for PSP though, right? D: I need more PSP FF games ._.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-03-26 14:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I loved PE 1 & 2. Would like to play PE 3, but why PSP? D:
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-26 14:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of PSP titles from SE...

This just came out this month too from SE, has anyone tried it yet, it piqued my interest.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-26 14:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, you get an Aya Costume for Lightning in Dissida Duodecim as well
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-26 14:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This game is actually pretty saddening overall :/. They have strayed so far from their RPG roots >.<, I honestly hope the next one is a direct sequel on a HD platform and it delivers. This is like a 3rd person shooter game, not much to it and I heard they did some bad things with the story. They need to also include Mitochondria Eve as the main antagonist if they do a direct sequel for PE3 -.-, her battle with Aya made it the game it was imo. This is still a fun game though, just nothing compared to the old PE games. Also, as always, the music is A+. Arriving home and PE1 remixes ftw.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-03-26 14:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Heard, and tested myself, that PEIII is incredibly terribad. Its basically a mediocre Third-Person Shooter that gutted everything I(we as a population) Loved about Parasite Eve.

And then threw in a mash of dead animal parts they call "gaming" and blended it into a Video game nugget of fail.

Its a terrible game, Not worth the buy :\, Its sad too, cause Parasite Eve 1/2 are some of the few PS1 games i actually continue to play out of enjoyment.

More power to you if you buy it, I'm just giving people a heads up, if you liked PE1/2, You'll hate this. Unless you enjoy mediocre content :(

edit: Oh, and the music was okay, Not the best work, But definitely decent :D
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-26 14:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be honest though, having to jump bodies kinda kept me at the edge of my seat at some points. If this was a whole different game(With a different main character) maybe it would be more enjoyable.
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-26 14:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Heard, and tested myself, that PEIII is incredibly terribad. Its basically a mediocre Third-Person Shooter that gutted everything I(we as a population) Loved about Parasite Eve. And then threw in a mash of dead animal parts they call "gaming" and blended it into a Video game nugget of fail. Its a terrible game, Not worth the buy :\, Its sad too, cause Parasite Eve 1/2 are some of the few PS1 games i actually continue to play out of enjoyment. More power to you if you buy it, I'm just giving people a heads up, if you liked PE1/2, You'll hate this. Unless you enjoy mediocre content :( edit: Oh, and the music was okay, Not the best work, But definitely decent :D
I think the experience my vary from person to person, for example, critics laud Mass Effect 2 as one of the greatest third person rpg-ish out there. Fallout 3 is another good example. Two games I think are excellent. On the other hand, I've seen reviews that try to crucify the game into something the person who played didn't like. But that's just one man's opinion... I personally wanna give it a whirl, to see if it has thrills akin to the aforementioned games.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-03-26 14:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
I'll be honest though, having to jump bodies kinda kept me at the edge of my seat at some points. If this was a whole different game(With a different main character) maybe it would be more enjoyable.

Maybe, It felt like a ... more mediocre version of the Ghost In The Shell game.

Feels like they milked a franchise name to sell an overall Mediocre game. I think you're right, if they hadn't named it "Parasite Eve" it probably wouldn't be getting as harshly reviewed =x

Wafflechan said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Heard, and tested myself, that PEIII is incredibly terribad. Its basically a mediocre Third-Person Shooter that gutted everything I(we as a population) Loved about Parasite Eve. And then threw in a mash of dead animal parts they call "gaming" and blended it into a Video game nugget of fail. Its a terrible game, Not worth the buy :\, Its sad too, cause Parasite Eve 1/2 are some of the few PS1 games i actually continue to play out of enjoyment. More power to you if you buy it, I'm just giving people a heads up, if you liked PE1/2, You'll hate this. Unless you enjoy mediocre content :( edit: Oh, and the music was okay, Not the best work, But definitely decent :D
I think the experience my vary from person to person, for example, critics laud Mass Effect 2 as one of the greatest third person rpg-ish out there. Fallout 3 is another good example. Two games I think are excellent. On the other hand, I've seen reviews that try to crucify the game into something the person who played didn't like. But that's just one man's opinion... I personally wanna give it a whirl, to see if it has thrills akin to the aforementioned games.

Go ahead :) I'm not stopping you, I'm only saying if you go into this game expecting it to be as good, or even half as good as the first time games, You will be sadly sadly dissapointed.

Almost the only thing it has in Common with PE1/2 is its Franchise name. Almost all other aspects that made PE what it is have been stripped and the game is nearly completely different.

Again, Feel free to buy it :)! I was just offering my and, from what i can gather, the majority of PE fans, Opinions on it
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-26 14:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You should all buy it anyway >.>. That way they see people still love PE and they decide the time to make PE3 on a ps3 is worth it.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-03-26 14:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
You should all buy it anyway >.>. That way they see people still love PE and they decide the time to make PE3 on a ps3 is worth it.

I read that too!

But if they make the game with the same engine/playstyle as the PE3 it'll just be another Abortion of a game that disgraces what I loved about the other two :(, Except it'll have better graphics and a longer story.

My opinion is obviously not everyones... So i do suggest buying it if only to play and judge for yourself. even a sale > Return is better than no sale. Might get us a game that redeems the series.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-26 14:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of thinking, and no this isn't exactly a spoiler. She starts out with amnesia. So I wonder if she's forgotten how to use her PE abilities? And if some how her mitochondria allow her to soul jump through space and time? It makes no sense though, I mean game wise mitochondria could at least have a theory for the combustion, necrosis, healing, etc. Space and time travel I'm not so sure..
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-26 14:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

I read that too!

But if they make the game with the same engine/playstyle as the PE3 it'll just be another Abortion of a game that disgraces what I loved about the other two :(, Except it'll have better graphics and a longer story.

My opinion is obviously not everyones... So i do suggest buying it if only to play and judge for yourself. even a sale > Return is better than no sale. Might get us a game that redeems the series.

Was a Resident Evil control clone any better though? Say they used the 3rd Birthday controls as a battle system only as opposed to the way Parasite Eve was during fights.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-26 14:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
Speaking of PSP titles from SE... This just came out this month too from SE, has anyone tried it yet, it piqued my interest.
bumpitttyyy
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-26 14:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

I read that too!

Was a Resident Evil control clone any better though? Say they used the 3rd Birthday controls as a battle system only as opposed to the way Parasite Eve was during fights.

I personally love the first one but the 2nd wasn't bad at all. Nothing will ever beat the first one though imo (unless a new one obviously) out of the three out now. Too many FPS meatheads in this day and age though, they hate the older slower battle systems like ATB... I really enjoyed PE 1 though, especially the story.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-26 14:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda loved the second one. But when I first played it I was like "What the *** Resident Evil controls?" It sorta grew on me though.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-03-26 14:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

I read that too!

Yes, I do kinda think the games Roaming/Combat Systems were fine as a core.

My Opinion Is that they should have looked to improve on the Systems of 1 and 2, Not throw it out the window and Rehaul it from basically scratch. Thats it. The game is just so wildly different I think they shouldn't have named it a Parasite Eve game. As in my opinion it doesn't feel like one.

Improve on the "Resident Evil" Control scheme to be more fluid, But keep the core design in tact.

PE3 Just basically rebuilt the game from scratch, keeping the Main Character/Title the same.

Heck even the main character lost a lot of her uniqueness and became just a TPS generic Main character.

The game really feels like it lost a lot of its uniqueness and became just a generic Third-Person-Shooter. Thats my complaint :|
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-03-26 15:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:

Feels like they milked a franchise name to sell an overall Mediocre game. I think you're right, if they hadn't named it "Parasite Eve" it probably wouldn't be getting as harshly reviewed =x

They didn't
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-26 17:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:

Actually, the reason Agito got changed to Type-0 is because the game no longer had anything to do with the XIII mythos.

As for Nintendo changing console names, pretty much all products do that.

Kinect was Natal initially and the PSP2's current name is the NGP which will undoubtedly change.

You seem a bit moronic wafflechan.

You're on my radar.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-26 17:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to sound selfish, but if anyone doesn't want the DLC code for Lightning's Aya costume from this game...

xD

I'll gladly take it off your hands!

The game itself looks interesting but I dun have the money for more stuff right now ._.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-26 17:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Wafflechan said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Actually, the reason Agito got changed to Type-0 is because the game no longer had anything to do with the XIII mythos. As for Nintendo changing console names, pretty much all products do that. Kinect was Natal initially and the PSP2's current name is the NGP which will undoubtedly change. You seem a bit moronic wafflechan. You're on my radar.
A crack at the industry constantly renaming products out of left field is moronic how? If you don't understand wry jokes, I would suggest reactivating your sarcasm radar.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-03-26 18:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:

They didn't

/staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare >.>
By Serj 2011-03-26 18:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Wafflechan said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Actually, the reason Agito got changed to Type-0 is because the game no longer had anything to do with the XIII mythos. As for Nintendo changing console names, pretty much all products do that. Kinect was Natal initially and the PSP2's current name is the NGP which will undoubtedly change. You seem a bit moronic wafflechan. You're on my radar.
A crack at the industry constantly renaming products out of left field is moronic how? If you don't understand wry jokes, I would suggest reactivating your sarcasm radar.

I think he's referring to how almost every post you make is totally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-26 19:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The gameplay looks fun, but I heard it's what you do the entire game; doesn't get any fresher at any point.

It seems previous players of this series are the only ones complaining though since it basically took a huge spin. People (like me) that have never heard of Parasite Eve enjoy it.
First Page 2