The 3rd Birthday (Parasite Eve III)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » The 3rd Birthday (Parasite Eve III)
The 3rd Birthday (Parasite Eve III)
By Serj 2011-03-26 19:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Parasite I was a rpg, really. Parasite II is compared to Dinocrisis with RE controls. This is apparently far different from either of those as a 3rd person view shooter. Looks like RE4 controls and playstyle with PE aspects mixed in in real time.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-26 19:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks very actiony, which I need on my PSP.

Only two action games I have are Phantasy Star Portable 2 (which I love) and Dissidia (which I love also, but more of a fighter).

I want Gods Eater Burst, but this looks interesting, and it'll net me a costume for Lightning in Dissidia. Decisions decisions...
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-04-04 03:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

got this when it came out on tuesday expecting a bit of shooting/end of world fun. Was actually very impressed, i found everything about it to be very fun. Also the fast paced style makes the creepy aspect of PE much better imo XD

oh and i wont give it away but, the ending... is it possible for one's brain to implode? O.o mine did a lil... blurgh
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
Server: Ramuh
user: Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-04-05 15:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dumb question, but figured I'd ask anyway...

Anyone not going to use the Lightning code feeling generous? >.>
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-05 15:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Feels like they milked a franchise name to sell an overall Mediocre game.

Enix is the cancer that is killing Squaresoft. I've said it ad-nausiem in a dozen other threads but Enix just repackages old Square titles or finds a way to make a dollar off of anything without caring one whit about it's quality.

Sad, but true.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-05 16:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be honest, I am really enjoying the gameplay lol. I am playing on hard mode and its pretty hard and fun. The story is severely lacking though... I hope all of this isn't canon. Amnesia...? Cmon -.-, I am only at the beginning but its a bit dissapointing how weak Aya is and also what she does to people lol so mean. It's really fun though but has like 0 rpg elements. Also... lol @ the statue of liberty >.> it already got destroyed in #1 and its back for this game haha, I guess they sent a new one over to be destroyed?
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-04-05 16:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Feels like they milked a franchise name to sell an overall Mediocre game.

Enix is the cancer that is killing Squaresoft. I've said it ad-nausiem in a dozen other threads but Enix just repackages old Square titles or finds a way to make a dollar off of anything without caring one whit about it's quality.

Sad, but true.
things like that may be turning away a lot of SS fans but its also attracting a lot of newer fans... honestly i was surprised with how well done the 3rd birthday was done as a continuation of PE but maybe that's just me XD and i bet if SS was still around without Enix, they would be doing the same thing in attempt to get more money, its just turned into a trend for a lot of game companies
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-04-05 16:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I'll be honest, I am really enjoying the gameplay lol. I am playing on hard mode and its pretty hard and fun. The story is severely lacking though... I hope all of this isn't canon. Amnesia...? Cmon -.-, I am only at the beginning but its a bit dissapointing how weak Aya is and also what she does to people lol so mean. It's really fun though but has like 0 rpg elements. Also... lol @ the statue of liberty >.> it already got destroyed in #1 and its back for this game haha, I guess they sent a new one over to be destroyed?
there's a very good explanation for the amnesia and such at the end of the game XD its freaking mind blowing i swear lol
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-05 16:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Parasite Eve always did try to conform to the most popular thing. First it was a RPG, then a survival RPG(sorta) and now a shooter. I hope it returns as a RPG though :/ or at least heavy elements of it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-09 02:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I really can't seem to go a stage w/o dying like 10 times haha. I love the difficulty on hard mode, I dunno what is adjusted because I never tried normal but its pretty tough. I honestly dunno why people wouldn't like gameplay its extremely fun. Reapers can suck it though.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-04-09 03:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I really can't seem to go a stage w/o dying like 10 times haha. I love the difficulty on hard mode, I dunno what is adjusted because I never tried normal but its pretty tough. I honestly dunno why people wouldn't like gameplay its extremely fun. Reapers can suck it though.
i hate reapers x.x its fairly challenging on normal as well, i got a fair share of game overs before i finished XD i've heard a lot of complaints about how "simple" the gameplay is but... i don't see it that way >.> i also find it very fun, i like how overdive allows life to be more realistic XD like... you get slashed in the face... you about dead XD
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-09 03:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya lol. I feel bad sometimes for letting the soldiers die >.> I try to keep to one person and make sure they don't die lol. It feels a bit evil... like the one boss I did recently you just keep changing bodies and feeding the damn thing lol... Can't even move, just changing bodies from person to person.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-04-09 04:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Ya lol. I feel bad sometimes for letting the soldiers die >.> I try to keep to one person and make sure they don't die lol. It feels a bit evil... like the one boss I did recently you just keep changing bodies and feeding the damn thing lol... Can't even move, just changing bodies from person to person.
haha i remember that thing O.o i do love though how they are all like "k, go back into the past and save this guy, but uh... well, kill as many of our soldiers as ya want, screw those guys" >.>