Where Do You Stand In The Event In Japan?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Where do you stand in the event in japan?
Where do you stand in the event in japan?
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Alexstaifter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-03-15 08:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sure there will be a lot of liars up with this, but where do you stand on your feelings with what has happened?

A)You really care out of your heart for people even strangers and concerned about the people of japan.

B) Have a more personal stack in what happened (Family/Friends that lived there that may be near or at the places that this even happened?)

C)Have a semi-selfish - Selfish reason to be concerned about what happened (Ex = You play FFXI and concerned how that will effect your ability to play the game)

D)Really have no concern what so ever about what happened.

Honestly for myself, I say I would generally fit around C. I love the culture, I love the things they make (between tech, anime/manga, games, etc).

My love for the culture will allow me to care about what happened and hope things to get better, but thats where it is for me.

People die in Natural events like this all the time, People care more cause it is Specificly a country that most of us know of and love their culture or other reasons. (I am not speaking for everyone). So there are more people to show their concern, but if this happened in like Africa, I am sure the amount of concern would be tiny in comparison.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-15 08:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

At times, it's A.
At times, it's B.
At times, it's C.
Never D.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-15 08:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

C
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-15 08:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

E, tired of these ***threads
[+]
 Fenrir.Saeki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mirae
By Fenrir.Saeki 2011-03-15 08:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, A and B. To start, I have a friend residing in Japan for the JET programme (he's an assistant teacher) and it's worrying that he is there amidst the chaos.
I'm horrified at the entire situation. First an earthquake, then a tsunami, as if that wasn't enough, nuclear meltdown worries and a volcano eruption.
Facing losing my house, this makes my problems evaporate into thin air. I just wish I could do more than simply donate.
By seiri 2011-03-15 08:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Like the honestly OP.

I'm also hovering around C, i dont know anyone affected by the crisis, so truely caring from a selfless perspective is hard to do as a human being.
By Silentdeath 2011-03-15 08:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes C
Usually D

But, I am an A-hole.

Any way the wind blows...
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-03-15 08:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit of A and C combined.

I am concerned for the welfare on anyone (Worldwide) who is caught up in a natural disaster or war.

This one has impacted on me personally though due to the servers being down. I fully understand and support their decision but it doesn't stop me missing FFXI.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-15 08:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
You've just been punk'd
 Titan.Archeim
Server: Titan
user: Archeim
By Titan.Archeim 2011-03-15 08:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Silentdeath said:
Sometimes C Usually D But, I am an A-hole. Any way the wind blows...

Any way the wind blows? Toad the wet sprocket quote?
[+]
By Silentdeath 2011-03-15 09:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Archeim said:
Silentdeath said:

who?

was actually a Bohemian Rhapsody, reference.
[+]
 Titan.Archeim
Server: Titan
user: Archeim
By Titan.Archeim 2011-03-15 09:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Silentdeath said:
Titan.Archeim said:
Silentdeath said:
who? was actually a Bohemian Rhapsody, reference.

Depending on how old you are you would know them if you heard them... (i'm not trying to be insulting or condescending... i'm 32, and i have even less luck discerning age on a forum than i do in real life which says a lot...) probably most popular song was either walk on the ocean or all i want. Popularity in the 90's.

And to the topic.

95% A
5% C
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2011-03-15 09:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Little of A but mostly C.

To be honest if they do take another massive natural disaster or a meltdown then anyone going for D will have something to be concerned about as it will have harsh worldwide effects (helluva lot more then it is atm)
By Silentdeath 2011-03-15 09:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ah ok, 28 here, but never listened to music in high school.(at least nothing from after the 70's)

Though if they were popular I am sure I would recognize a song or two of theirs.
 Unicorn.Ultrajake
Server: Unicorn
user: Ultrajake
By Unicorn.Ultrajake 2011-03-15 09:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

C. I'm deployed right now and after a long stupid day of Afghanistan all I really had to look forward to was 4 stones of Abyssea-FFXI before sleep and another long stupid day of Afghanistan. I hope those that survived are OK and don't have too much of a struggle to get back on their feet, but if downtown Tokyo is staying lit up and the city is going on about their buss then why cant some FFXI servers stay on to satisfy the greedy American dammit :)
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-03-15 09:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
[+]
 Caitsith.Sai
Server: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2011-03-15 09:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly C. But also some D
By Drjones 2011-03-15 09:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting tired being told I have to feel sorry for them and I'm not allowed to complain about down time.

I mean, I do feel sorry for the actual people, but I care a lot less about a corporate behemoth's woes when it comes to keeping the servers online.
[+]
 Ramuh.Zardamus
Server: Ramuh
user: zard
By Ramuh.Zardamus 2011-03-15 09:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

A+C I Feel bad for the country and there people on one hand. But on the other hand when USA has a natural disaster I dont recall other countries rushing in to help us. Example 911/ Katrina/ Our Economy. Yes I know 2/3 arnt Natural disasters but they do affect the World as a whole. Me personally I think we need to focus on our own country first, especially with our economy "11~12% unemployment" seeing our country is in the shitter atm.
So like I said A yes I feel bad for the people out there but Dont live on a island if you dont like Tsunami's, Dont live in Cali if you dont like Earthquakes, Dont live down in the Southern/East coast states if you dont like Hurricanes. Just my opinion.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-15 10:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

a mix of a and d
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-03-15 10:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

A.

To the people answering C or D ... I guess you deserve some small amount of credit for at least being honest. But that's it.
Tens of thousands of people died in the span of a few minutes. There are coastlines with hundreds of human bodies washed up like jellyfish on the shore. There are crematoriums that typically cremate a handful of dead per day being overloaded with literally HUNDREDS of dead awaiting funerals. They have (seriously) run out of body bags.
Nuclear power plants have been intentionally destroyed in order to prevent nuclear meltdowns. While averting a nuclear event, the country is left with even less power supply now than what the quake did alone. Mid-March in northern Japan is COLD at night, and families, including infants and children, some who just lost parents or loved ones, are freezing and going hungry.

Seriously, as you sit there on your PC or XBox360, take a couple god-damned minutes and reflect. If you can not have sympathy and concern for the Japanese right now, I encourage you to check your pulse. If you had to spend 1 hour at night in northern Japan right now without food/water/electricity, surrounded by grief/despair/sorrow/anxiety ... just 1 hour, then you would be a LOT less worried about your lack of access to the FFXI servers.

If you're reading this, and thinking "whatever man", I encourage you to read this book. Know thyself; you may not like yourself so much when you realize who you are.

Generation Me
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-15 10:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Elana that may be true but are we in Japan right now?

No

I hate people who use that argument
[+]
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
Server: Shiva
user: Durtie
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-03-15 10:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
At times, it's A.
At times, it's B.
At times, it's C.
Never D.

My strength and support go out to Japan and the people affected by their devastation. Its like a prelude to a zombie apocalypse... A nightmare. Even though it is only effecting me in a minor way I cant help to feel some connection from the friends and families I know in Japan. My strength and support is yours.
 Lakshmi.Silentdeath
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Silentdeath 2011-03-15 10:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
A.

To the people answering C or D ... I guess you deserve some small amount of credit for at least being honest. But that's it.
Tens of thousands of people died in the span of a few minutes.

Just like most wars. I know its your Opinion
A.

Tens of thousands of people died in the span of a few minutes. There are coastlines with hundreds of human bodies washed up like jellyfish on the shore. There are crematoriums that typically cremate a handful of dead per day being overloaded with literally HUNDREDS of dead awaiting funerals. They have (seriously) run out of body bags.
Nuclear power plants have been intentionally destroyed in order to prevent nuclear meltdowns. While averting a nuclear event, the country is left with even less power supply now than what the quake did alone. Mid-March in northern Japan is COLD at night, and families, including infants and children, some who just lost parents or loved ones, are freezing and going hungry.

Seriously, as you sit there on your PC or XBox360, take a couple god-damned minutes and reflect. If you can not have sympathy and concern for the Japanese right now, I encourage you to check your pulse. If you had to spend 1 hour at night in northern Japan right now without food/water/electricity, surrounded by grief/despair/sorrow/anxiety ... just 1 hour, then you would be a LOT less worried about your lack of access to the FFXI servers.

If you're reading this, and thinking "whatever man", I encourage you to read this book. Know thyself; you may not like yourself so much when you realize who you are.

Generation Me
I know exactly who I am. And I accept everything I am. And I accept everthing you are as well.
Tens of thousands of people died in the span of a few minutes. This happens in most wars, and people die every day. If I took a couple of min every time, I would get nothing done.
By Drjones 2011-03-15 10:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

A.

Generation Me
This is exactly the ***I'm tired of.
[+]
 Valefor.Cylla
Server: Valefor
user: Cylla
By Valefor.Cylla 2011-03-15 10:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

A, more of B

I have two friends over there from my old server and I'm worried about them and I pray that they are safe. I have no other way of getting in touch or knowing if they are safe until the servers come back up. That could be a lot of weeks of waiting to find out :(
 Asura.Alexstaifter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-03-15 10:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

A.

Generation Me

Cause clearly, I should be upset at the concept of death.

Life isn't life without death, Life isn't worth anything if you can not die. Life is what suffering is, living is very difficult, Death is something we all get to, some sooner than others. but of course, Life is still worth living, no matter how difficult or how much suffering one gets from living.

That being said, it is sad that people have died, family members lost, friends gone, but this is the turn of time, If one believes destiny, than those who died were destined to, and something that was planned for them should not be held in such a manner, but if one believe we make our own pathes, than it is just a ill turn of events that took many unforunate souls.

Emotions based on connection, attachment, I have none at a personal level with anyone in japan. the only connection I have is material things that are created from their culture. I am honest and won't pretend something that is not true. If you must make yourself feel better by expressing sorrow as a means of showing you care, that is what you should do, but I will not conduct myself in any manner besides what is the truth of myself.
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-03-15 10:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-15 10:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

don't mourn for the dead

help the ones who are living

i thought someone as smart as elana claims to be would think of something like this
First Page 2 3