Where Do You Stand In The Event In Japan?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Where do you stand in the event in japan?
Where do you stand in the event in japan?
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2011-03-15 14:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess closer to A, a little bit of C. It is tragic what has happened, is happening in Japan. While many of us may not have friends or family in Japan, there has to be at least some level of sympathy, or at the very least, concern, for the what the Japanese are going through, just as citizens of this world we share and/or as fellow members of the human race. I'm all for the idea that we, (the ffxi playerbase), donate the April fee to the relief effort, it is money that would have been spent anyway. The quicker Japan can rebuild and get back to the business of everyday life, the sooner we can all get back to having fun together on ffxi.
 Phoenix.Goodgravy
Server: Phoenix
user: Goodgravy
By Phoenix.Goodgravy 2011-03-15 14:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

On the topic however I'd have to say A-C, not really D. As far as E goes...I aggree with Alexstaifter. There's an index for something, yeah you can read it, good job! Yeah you can post on it! even better! But if it is a "***thread", then why post? if you cant figure out what "where do you stand in the event in japan?" is, then you should probably not say it's "***" or open it.
 Carbuncle.Lodo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lodo
By Carbuncle.Lodo 2011-03-15 14:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said:
Ramuh.Zardamus said:
I dont recall other countries rushing in to help us. Example 911/ Katrina/ Our Economy. Yes I know 2/3 arnt Natural disasters but they do affect the World as a whole. Me personally I think we need to focus on our own country first, especially with our economy "11~12% unemployment" seeing our country is in the shitter atm.

I don't know where you are getting your information on this but the US does ask for and accept foreign aid during national disasters.

During Katrina the US asked the EU for aid and then accepted ALL foreign aid offered, eventually.

9/11:
The EU and other western countries agreed to freeze terrorist bank accounts and share all information concerning terror cells freely. There were Forensic teams and rescue help offered. The American Red Cross says that it has enough resources and volunteers to deal with the New York disaster and has turned down offers of help from sister organizations around the world, including the British Red Cross.(edit: that statement was a direct quote that I failed to quote)

For those interested in which countries helped the US during Katrina, below is a list of countries that pledged or gave aid to the US: