Forum » FFXI » General » As we inch Closer to 2012
As we inch Closer to 2012
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Kano1012 2011-03-15 12:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

richwood said:
Kano1012 said:
taru attack run for your lives!!!!
Classification Player ยป Shogunazzazzin Tags Date Submitted Mar 14, 2011 2:55:31 AM

Thats scary lol
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-15 12:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2011-03-15 12:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who's taken any basic level Central American Studies class(es) knows that all the 2012 nonsense is just a misinterpretation of the Mayan calendar.

It's about as interesting as the "Haste takes time to proc" sensation, Let it die already -___-
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Flyinghippress 2011-03-15 12:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Powerslave said:
Anyone who's taken any basic level Central American Studies class(es) knows that all the 2012 nonsense is just a misinterpretation of the Mayan calendar.

It's about as interesting as the "Haste takes time to proc" sensation, Let it die already -___-

But it does! 1 attack round is time!
By Kano1012 2011-03-15 12:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats haste do lol
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-03-15 12:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

dn4cer said:
Earthquake Prediction for May 2011

Here's a prediction someone made after finding some documents.
He predicts there will be an Earthquake, caused using H.A.A.R.P on the "New Madrid" faultline, which is located somewhere between Memphis and New Madrid.

And it should be happening in May 2011.

If this turns out to be true, I hope the US citizens and the rest of the world open their eyes and realize that this isn't Mother Nature, but the US Army, and the US Gov't playing god. I hope citizens of the world begin a revolt against the gov'ts of the world, similar to what is happening in the Middle East and North Africa.

A great start would be taking down this HAARP system, located in Alaska. If everything I read is true, the things it can do are beyond anything anyone could ever imagine.

Also, some people believe that HAARP caused the Earthquake in Japan. However, there is no recorded evidence that prove this, so I cannot believe it myself.

/laugh

My guess is that people become bored and believe whatever makes their life interesting.
 Ifrit.Exzir
Server: Ifrit
user: Exzir
By Ifrit.Exzir 2011-03-15 12:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly can not wait for January 1st 2013 just so all of the people that say the sod will end in 2012 can rest safe and secure that no one know when they will die until it's to late. People have the right and freedom to believe what they want don't let me stop that.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-15 12:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kano1012 said:
Whats haste do lol
this is what ffxi has become. Let the servers remain down please
[+]
By dn4cer 2011-03-15 12:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nostylin said:
I know their is a base in Alaska. I don't know if it is the same one that did the human mind experiments. I also know that William M cooper talked about it briefly in this book as well(he passed away because something about him evading taxes, which he didn't have to pay"conspiracy")

I also know that some Country in South America(one guy) blaming harp when it hit haiti.

Correction. There are at least 3 bases perimetered around H.A.A.R.P. Why so many?

The problem with everyone making fun of my statements is they believe that this kind of technology could not possibly exist. No one believes this kind of ***could actually cause earthquakes and even worse, be used on the USA...

That's fine. You don't need to believe me. If an earthquake DOESN'T happen in the USA later this year, then you can say I was full of BS.

If it does happen however, what will you say then? That it was a lucky guess???

I'm as skeptical about this stuff as any of you are, but I'd rather be informed than completely ignore what actually may be.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-15 12:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kano1012 said:
Whats haste do lol
Haste is a spell you cast onto enemies to make them die faster ^_=
By Kano1012 2011-03-15 12:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Kano1012 said:
Whats haste do lol
this is what ffxi has become. Let the servers remain down please

rofl you're to easy my bad
By Ashaaman 2011-03-15 12:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

dn4cer said:
Cerberus.Nostylin said:
I know their is a base in Alaska. I don't know if it is the same one that did the human mind experiments. I also know that William M cooper talked about it briefly in this book as well(he passed away because something about him evading taxes, which he didn't have to pay"conspiracy")

I also know that some Country in South America(one guy) blaming harp when it hit haiti.

Correction. There are at least 3 bases perimetered around H.A.A.R.P. Why so many?

The problem with everyone making fun of my statements is they believe that this kind of technology could not possibly exist. No one believes this kind of ***could actually cause earthquakes and even worse, be used on the USA...

That's fine. You don't need to believe me. If an earthquake DOESN'T happen in the USA later this year, then you can say I was full of BS.

I'm as skeptical about this stuff as any of you are, but I'd rather be informed than completely ignore what actually may be.

That's like saying, if it doesn't rain in AZ all year, I'm not right.

Earthquakes happen all the time... Catastrophic earthquakes... Don't.
By dn4cer 2011-03-15 13:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashaaman said:
dn4cer said:
Cerberus.Nostylin said:

That's like saying, if it doesn't rain in AZ all year, I'm not right.

Earthquakes happen all the time... Catastrophic earthquakes... Don't.

Maybe I should rephrase:

If a Catastrophic Earthquake doesn't happen near Memphis in May of this year, then you can call BS.
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-15 13:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If people studied this stuff properly you would know why the calendar only went to a certain period and ended on a specific day.

Its not meant to be the end of the world. The mayans had 3 or more different calendars they used which all calculated differently.

They have a religious one.
A solar one
And another which used a method called Long count.

And i believe it also used a tool with beads and such to count and keep track of this stuff in a very simple form.
Check this out ~ Here

It has alot of cool break downs on how they used it.

"The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely close conjunction of the Winter Solstice Sun with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun), what that ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree. This is an event that has been coming to
resonance very slowly over thousands and thousands of years. It will come to resolution at exactly 11:11 am GMT."

Check out here too for some more visual break downs and pictures of the calendar. Here

I find this stuff very interesting on how they predicted the rotation of our solar system with the galaxy. and its really not a prediction. Its observation and math.

Just because the calendar ended on a specific date means nothing. It was simply the end of the full rotation (i think) from the starting point and they had no reason to re write the whole thing again when you can just start from the start of the rotation. Im probably wrong. But im not worried about anything.

BUT if i was to go into one of the crazy long shot mind blowing guesses. I would say our current location of orbit in our solar system combined with our solar systems placement in our galaxy MIGHT be causing some kind of a crazy effect on our planet. :P

But we will be fine! :P
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2011-03-15 13:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeaa.... the world's not ending because of a natural disaster. They happen all the time, and have been happening since the beginning of Earth :x

Stop watching those stupid end of the world documentaries. Just another way the media tries to put you in fear.
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-03-15 13:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

10000 BC
The end is nigh!

50000 BC
The end is nigh!

0 BC
The end is nigh!

1000 AD
The end is nigh!

1500 AD
The end is nigh!

1980 AD
The end is nigh!

1999 AD
The end is nigh!

2000 AD
The end is nigh!

2011 AD
The end is nigh!

When does all this prophecy just boil down to a bunch of *** that some guy just made up.

Eventually a nuke will probobly fly and world war 3 will commence. On that day all the crazy people will be like "I TOLD YOU THE END WAS NIGH".

Well no ***. Its gonna happen eventually if every few years there is some other crackpot nutjob phropheciding the end of the world.

Damn some people are stupid.

------

PS.

All this galactic allignment stuff is bullshut. Use actual scientific websites and not sites and links posted by those who tell you what they want you to hear instead of the facts.

Most of this mayan information that is posted is just lies. Most if not all of the current elders of the descendants of the mayans for example just laugh at the idea of the end of the world.

Why is that? Because the mayans have never had a belief system where there would be an apocalypse or end of the world scenario.
[+]
By Sylph.Flyinghippress 2011-03-15 13:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xellith said:
10000 BC
The end is nigh!

50000 BC
The end is nigh!

Shouldn't those two dates be switched :P
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-15 13:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xellith said:
10000 BC
The end is nigh!

50000 BC
The end is nigh!

0 BC
The end is nigh!

1000 AD
The end is nigh!

1500 AD
The end is nigh!

1980 AD
The end is nigh!

1999 AD
The end is nigh!

2000 AD
The end is nigh!

2011 AD
The end is nigh!

When does all this prophecy just boil down to a bunch of *** that some guy just made up.

Eventually a nuke will probobly fly and world war 3 will commence. On that day all the crazy people will be like "I TOLD YOU THE END WAS NIGH".

Well no ***. Its gonna happen eventually if every few years there is some other crackpot nutjob phropheciding the end of the world.

Damn some people are stupid.

------

PS.

All this galactic allignment stuff is bullshut. Use actual scientific websites and not sites and links posted by those who tell you what they want you to hear instead of the facts.

Most of this mayan information that is posted is just lies. Most if not all of the current elders of the descendants of the mayans for example just laugh at the idea of the end of the world.

Why is that? Because the mayans have never had a belief system where there would be an apocalypse or end of the world scenario.

exactly. The stuff i linked was actual scientific stuff. Its the whole math behind how the mayans did the calendars. Its really interesting stuff ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-03-15 13:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Flyinghippress said:
Shiva.Xellith said:
10000 BC
The end is nigh!

50000 BC
The end is nigh!

Shouldn't those two dates be switched :P
i lol'd
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-15 13:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
"The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely close conjunction of the Winter Solstice Sun with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun), what that ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree. This is an event that has been coming to
resonance very slowly over thousands and thousands of years. It will come to resolution at exactly 11:11 am GMT."

Really, even 2012 proponents admit it's junk.

Also, I'll reiterate that the exact end date of the Mayan calendar is questioned by a variety of sources. 2012 could be centuries off the mark.

edited, there's two "alignments" in question. The second one occurs over millions of years, which is the one I was initially referring to.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-15 14:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm i honestly dont know much about it. I just read here and there.

But i did see there was alot of different ways they were trying to determine the end results
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-15 14:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why didn't 1999 get any real love?

Wasn't that supposed to be the year the Belmonts killed Dracula once and for all?
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-03-15 14:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

All i want is to *** slap elanabelle in da face in-case the world ends. LOL
 Phoenix.Fezz
user: Fezz
By Phoenix.Fezz 2011-03-15 14:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol galactic alignment... nut jobs fail to realize we really aren't aligning to anything except light. the "alignment" has come and gone however many years ago. we just seeing the light now of the supposed alignment.

lolscience!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-15 14:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, after re-re-reading I'm not sure which alignment you're referring to.

The 26000 year cycle refers to the solar system's precession through the zodiac constellations, and is the one more commonly referenced. It's the one I was talking about that most precisely occurred in 1998.

But you mentioned the galactic equator, which suggests you meant the 64 million year wobble of the solar system above and below the galactic plane. We're millions of years away from even a rough alignment (good luck calculating the exact date, the galaxy is ~1000 lightyears thick).

On a related note, the nearest solar eclipse occurs on November 13 2012.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-15 14:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Why didn't 1999 get any real love?

Wasn't that supposed to be the year the Belmonts killed Dracula once and for all?
Sealed away! He'll be back in 2035.
 Caitsith.Miyavizm
Server: Caitsith
user: Miyavizm
By Caitsith.Miyavizm 2011-03-15 14:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Powerslave said:
Anyone who's taken any basic level Central American Studies class(es) knows that all the 2012 nonsense is just a misinterpretation of the Mayan calendar. It's about as interesting as the "Haste takes time to proc" sensation, Let it die already -___-

And this is why wars repeat, cause Americans never learn.
Sorry to any of the smart Americans lol.

PS. Im not calling you an idiot >.>
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-15 14:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not even sure which one honestly. I just read through a couple web pages along time ago.

But on another note. How can they calculate that kind of thing when the lights from the stars/solar systems we are seeing are not where we see them? You would have to calculate the time the light takes to get here and all that jaz to find our actually alignment. Wouldnt you?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-15 15:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
Im not even sure which one honestly. I just read through a couple web pages along time ago.

But on another note. How can they calculate that kind of thing when the lights from the stars/solar systems we are seeing are not where we see them? You would have to calculate the time the light takes to get here and all that jaz to find our actually alignment. Wouldnt you?
You would, yes.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-15 15:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So the mayans did all the calendars and such by visual documenting. Or so i thought. So even though they were accurate based on the current visual you get at this point in time from earth.

The legitimate calculations would all be wrong. theres zero way they knew how far the stars were and the speed in which light travels :P(unless the aliens who built they're pyramids helped :P) lol